PDA

View Full Version : Just a note about Pronounciation

jimmyptubas
08-31-2013, 01:49 PM
I know this has been touched a little bit inside a lot of the other threads but I think it's worth discussion. It seems that almost all media outlets now are aware of our regional "Z" pronounciation. I know Fox did their homework with a little snippet during the game but even watching highlights on ESPN and they had it right too! Much easier on the ears than the SSSS sound we were hearing 2 years ago.

devin45k
08-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah....I like how they were all pronouncing it that way or mentioning how we say it that way.

jimmyptubas
08-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Yeah....I like how they were all pronouncing it that way or mentioning how we say it that way.

Or even Joey Harrington's approach, which was just to not day it at all worked better!

Bisonguy
08-31-2013, 02:14 PM
They do get a copy of the media guide, which has the correct pronunciation in it(and pronunciation of names that might be mispronounced) It's a matter of whether they actually read it or not.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

jimmyptubas
08-31-2013, 02:22 PM
They do get a copy of the media guide, which has the correct pronunciation in it(and pronunciation of names that might be mispronounced) It's a matter of whether they actually read it or not.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Yes I figured that might be the case but even so...they read it!

KSBisonFan
08-31-2013, 02:47 PM
Now if we can just Fox Sports1 to use the right logo.....

GradBison
08-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Now if we can just Fox Sports1 to use the right logo.....

Lol! I was wondering when this might come up. I think they used both of our newest head logos with the uglier one getting more air time.

HerdBot
08-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Lol! I was wondering when this might come up. I think they used both of our newest head logos with the uglier one getting more air time.

They used 4 different logos! Didn't want to jinx us by bringing it up. They used 2.0, 2.1 the new Bison logo (swoosh with ndsu) and the old one

I was more in awe by how amazing the TV production was! Great picture, GRAPHICS, sound, commentary, promos. That was Super Bowl caliber

BadlandsBison
08-31-2013, 03:23 PM
During the morning highlights on SP the host said "The BiZon as they say it in Fargo..."

MAKBison
08-31-2013, 03:25 PM
I liked how they had fun wit the S verses Z. I think the the piece they did on it by interviewing SU fans and then all the dialogue goes a long way.....great exposure!

stevdock
08-31-2013, 05:02 PM
I did find their commentary after that piece to be annoying though. You interview all these Bison fans and they all say it with a Z, and the two guys in the booth are saying well however NDSU says it ... But you guys are right it was refreshing to hear it said right most of the night between all press.