PDA

View Full Version : Underrated MVP's

Bisonguy
08-31-2013, 08:15 AM
Who are your underrated MVP's from the KSU game?

I have two:

Sam Ojuri- 10 rushes for a net of 127 yards. Take away the 66 yard run (which was huge on it's own) and he's still averaging over 6.5 ypc. I didn't notice much discussion of him in the GDT, but he was carving up the KSU defense. Looks like he's finally back to 100%, after the back issues last year.

Jim Kramer- The time of possession helped weaken up the KSU defense on The Drive, but the conditioning by Coach Kramer also helped the Bison to finish the game stronger than their opponents once again.

aces1180
08-31-2013, 08:17 AM

I have two:

Sam Ojuri- 10 rushes for a net of 127 yards. Take away the 66 yard run (which was huge on it's own) and he's still averaging over 6.5 ypc. I didn't notice much discussion of him in the GDT, but he was carving up the KSU defense. Looks like he's finally back to 100%, after the back issues last year.

Jim Kramer- The time of possession helped weaken up the KSU defense on The Drive, but the conditioning by Coach Kramer also helped the Bison to finish the game stronger than their opponents once again.

Ben LeCompte...Had a great game punting and kickoffs.

HandoEX
08-31-2013, 08:23 AM
#94, Danny Luecke

HoopsBison
08-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Derrick Lang, two huge conversions!

1st&TennBison
08-31-2013, 10:51 AM
#94, Danny Luecke
His one tackle later in the game was very much like the one Levon Perry had on Zenner last year. Seemed like he grabbed him up high and just tossed him backwards like a rag doll.

gizmo
08-31-2013, 11:25 AM

I have two:

I'll second the Kramer nomination and add on whoever else is responsible for keeping the players hydrated. The Bison were simply in better physical condition in the 4th quarter.

BisoninNWMN
08-31-2013, 12:11 PM
All great choices so far....:)

O-line and Jensen.

1st&TennBison
08-31-2013, 12:26 PM
I'll second the Kramer nomination and add on whoever else is responsible for keeping the players hydrated. The Bison were simply in better physical condition in the 4th quarter.
That right there. KSU players were starting to go down in the 4th, 2 of them on the last drive. Conditioning was a major factor for us. Embarrassing for KSU that their players were so winded and cramping even with all the subbing they did. Very simply put, our guys were in much better condition.

daddy daycare
08-31-2013, 12:30 PM
71. He was blowing people up. And in particular on Lang's screen pass on 3rd and 11 and on Jensen's winning TD he pulled and blew 44 out of the hole.

A1pigskin
08-31-2013, 12:39 PM
The entire team Defense, offense and special teams.

IzzyFlexion
08-31-2013, 12:39 PM
He didn't connect as he' hoped........but how about Travis Beck with the full layout dive in the 4th nearly getting the stop in the backfield?
He tweaked his shoulder when he landed but continued to flail his arms at the ball carrier! That looked effin cool esp the slo-mo replay.

NorthernBison
08-31-2013, 12:43 PM
We have THE steadiest coaching staff ever. No panic when we got behind. Game plan never changed.

DC called a great game. Mixed in more blitzes than usual but called off the dogs at times when KSU obviously expected pressure (see the MWill INT).

OC called a great game. Great mixture of calls kept the D guessing.

As for the team as a whole, the execution was almost flawless. Guys simply did their jobs and trusted their teammates.

A1pigskin
08-31-2013, 12:45 PM
The coaches and players clicked.

IzzyFlexion
08-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Kyle Emmanuel hammering Waters just as he released the ball (Olson interception play)

A1pigskin
08-31-2013, 12:59 PM
He didn't connect as he' hoped........but how about Travis Beck with the full layout dive in the 4th nearly getting the stop in the backfield?
He tweaked his shoulder when he landed but continued to flail his arms at the ball carrier! That looked effin cool esp the slo-mo replay.

The beck dive was awesome. He looked like superman flying through the air.

SomeBeach
08-31-2013, 02:02 PM
BRENT VIGEN. Yes, it pains me to say it. But key play calls, especially on that last beautiful drive, had a lot to do with this victory.

Bisonguy
08-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Ben LeCompte...Had a great game punting and kickoffs.

The final kick was awesome, both in being called and execution.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

MarkyMark
08-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Ryan Smith

Had many key catches, especially when no other Bison receivers were getting open plus a couple nice runs.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-31-2013, 02:15 PM
71. He was blowing people up. And in particular on Lang's screen pass on 3rd and 11 and on Jensen's winning TD he pulled and blew 44 out of the hole.

I'll second that. Watch the replay of Brock's go ahead touchdown. Gimmestad pulled and absolutely destroyed the KSU linebacker.

But, with the being said, this was an entire team effort, like usual. No shinning star and the individual stats prove it. We have a whole team of unsung hero's.

WE ARE BISON NATION!!!!!!

bisoningrandforks
08-31-2013, 02:22 PM
yes great timing too! what a pancake block by tyler on mueller the DE,..he was giving in our face all night!

tony
08-31-2013, 02:24 PM
The tackling ability of Marcus Williams. He was up at the line of scrimmage making solos and those were good, strong tackles.

Just checked the box score: Marcus had five solo tackles.

BTW, Heagle led the team in tackles in his first game back - and all his tackles were solos!

bisononce
08-31-2013, 02:28 PM
I'll second that. Watch the replay of Brock's go ahead touchdown. Gimmestad pulled and absolutely destroyed the KSU linebacker.

But, with the being said, this was an entire team effort, like usual. No shinning star and the individual stats prove it. We have a whole team of unsung hero's.

WE ARE BISON NATION!!!!!!

Yes. The team, the team, the team. And, but Gimmestad is a stud!

SomeBeach
08-31-2013, 02:30 PM
He's a great player, but it didn't seem to me that Marcus had a great night.

Besides the obvious touchdown burn, it seems like he was continuing to play too loose on his covers...

...and when a dback gets solo tackles, I don't know that that's necessarily a good thing... in many cases here it was because his man caught the pass.

overquota
08-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Our running game and Sam Ojuri looked unstoppable. Looks like Sam is ready for one whale of a senior year!

CAS4127
08-31-2013, 03:38 PM
The tackling ability of Marcus Williams. He was up at the line of scrimmage making solos and those were good, strong tackles.

BTW, Heagle led the team in tackles in his first game back - and all his tackles were solos!

Heagle's tacking was outstanding again last night. Anybody notice how he put their big tightend flat on his back on that one and only seam route?? Wasn't there some smack about that from a Kstator when we told them it would happen. Oh, and he also had a few other pancake tackles. I'm thinking he may have lost a step with the knee injury, but it certainly didn't effect his strong tacking ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Bison"FANatic"
08-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Heagle's tacking was outstanding again last night. Anybody notice how he put their big tightend flat on his back on that one and only seam route?? Wasn't there some smack about that from a Kstator when we told them it would happen. Oh, and he also had a few other pancake tackles. I'm thinking he may have lost a step with the knee injury, but it certainly didn't effect his strong tacking ability.

By us shutting down the run, we allowed Heagle the opportunity to be able to stay back and control the center. I fully expected their TE to be more of a factor but we shut them down and then when they did catch it you got hits like that one Heagle made. He blew that guy up and was surprised he held onto the ball.

Marcus had a few mistakes but Lockett at the end of the year will be ranked up there as one of the best WR in college football. Marcus limited his impact better than I expected, Lockett is that good.

BisonNation11
08-31-2013, 03:53 PM

I'm not one to gloat, but I was the one that warned them if anyone ever went over the middle that the Golden Eagle would be there to shut that down. LOVED THAT HIT! They never attempted anything like that again.

Hammerhead
08-31-2013, 04:05 PM
I love reading K-State fan bitching about being outcoached. One stat that really stood out for me was The Bison only had one penalty for 5 yards. Sure, we had to burn a timeout or two to avoid a delay of game, but the "big time college" atmosphere didn't intimidate NDSU. That's good game prep! KSU had a clean game as well with only 2 penalties.

We have THE steadiest coaching staff ever. No panic when we got behind. Game plan never changed.

DC called a great game. Mixed in more blitzes than usual but called off the dogs at times when KSU obviously expected pressure (see the MWill INT).

OC called a great game. Great mixture of calls kept the D guessing.

As for the team as a whole, the execution was almost flawless. Guys simply did their jobs and trusted their teammates.

td577
08-31-2013, 04:15 PM

!

MWill will be a much better tackler this year. He wasn't terrible before, but this year he will look better tackling. He has to show the next level he is ready.

His pass coverage was solid. When he changed to press coverage on Lockett after the long TD, he pretty much shut him down.

CAS4127
08-31-2013, 04:23 PM
MWill will be a much better tackler this year. He wasn't terrible before, but this year he will look better tackling. He has to show the next level he is ready.

His pass coverage was solid. When he changed to press coverage on Lockett after the long TD, he pretty much shut him down.

I thought his tackling appeared much stronger even last night--saw a lot more effort, which is a cornerstone for good tackling.

344Johnson
08-31-2013, 04:30 PM

Just kinda told that guy...."Sit down little boy."

BisonFan02
08-31-2013, 04:52 PM

That's possible, but I'm thinking it has more to do with him bulking up a bit more since the season before. If he wasn't more of a run stopping safety previously, he definitely is now....don't believe he will have to worry about the speed of the skill positions K-State had for the majority of the year.

bisonrock
08-31-2013, 05:09 PM
The whole O-line especially on that long last drive. Pure grit and determination. Colville especially after playing his first game ever as a Center.

17>1
08-31-2013, 05:45 PM

Heagle either made a solo tackle or had an assisted tackle on the halfback late in the 3rd quarter that showed me hasn't lost a step at all. It was going towards the KSU sideline and I don't think he had any advantage with angle and he still made the play. And he definitely looks bulkier as well. So glad he's back and healthy.

CaBisonFan
08-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Offensive line notched their game up in the 2nd half. Pass protection got better as the game progressed.

devin45k
08-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Offensive line hands down. A team doesn't go 80 yards for 8.5 minutes without a great line in front of them.

HerdBot
08-31-2013, 06:39 PM
So many guys deserve it. That was the epitome of a total team effort. I could name 14 guys.

Vigens play calling was masterful in the 4th. Love how he swung Crockett outside to open the middle and when the linebacker stays put he swings it to Crockett, then the middle screen
Misdirection.
Impressive

td577
08-31-2013, 08:33 PM
I thought his tackling appeared much stronger even last night--saw a lot more effort, which is a cornerstone for good tackling.

Late 2nd round to Late 5th round is around a $1.5M to $2M difference. I think he will be a tackling machine this year. There should be no lack of effort.