View Full Version : QBFolklore

loudsilverado
08-31-2013, 04:42 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes
Jensen, Bentrim, Simdorn, Walker, Feeney

I am a believer, once again.

Snowgoose
08-31-2013, 04:51 AM
I have bashed him in the past as well but all he does is win baby. The more the pressure the better he plays. In some ways he reminds me of a different version of Elway? Elway would infuriate me with stupid plays but if we had the ball last we knew we were going to win and Brock and steve Walker were/are exactly that way.

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 05:05 AM
I have long said Brock has it... he is able to pull out that killer instinct and stick that dagger right through the jugular... the only thing that can stomp him is a Fette review gone horribly wrong. Never got a chance to watch the other greats play but Brock after this season will have to be arguably a possible No 1 all time for Bison fans.

BisonTeacher
08-31-2013, 05:06 AM
Lets be honest. He's not the best passer. But this kid is a winner. He has ice in his veins and the team believes in him and follows him. Glad he's on our side.

Edit...just dont stare down anymore out routes :biggrin:

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 05:14 AM
Lets be honest. He's not the best passer. But this kid is a winner. He has ice in his veins and the team believes in him and follows him. Glad he's on our side.

Weirdly enough though he most likely will own most of the passing records by the time his career is finished, doesn't he already have a few of them?

Snowgoose
08-31-2013, 05:18 AM
Weirdly enough though he most likely will own most of the passing records by the time his career is finished, doesn't he already have a few of them?

Main reason for that when comparing to say Walker is that Jensen will have played in way more games because of the playoffs than Walker.

Both guys had ice in their veins and I love it.

Tony Almeida
08-31-2013, 05:19 AM

Holy crap!! Finally someone else recognizes his faults. I've been saying this from day one. Brock needs to learn to check down. This is where Steve Walker excelled!

Don't get me wrong I'm glad we have him but I still think it's our defense that wins our ball games and the rest of his supporting cast.

onbison09
08-31-2013, 05:27 AM
My friend who used to play for the Bison said that Brock has made that drive plenty of times in practice. Real credit to our coaching and the whole system.

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 05:29 AM
Holy crap!! Finally someone else recognizes his faults. I've been saying this from day one. Brock needs to learn to check down. This is where Steve Walker excelled!

Don't get me wrong I'm glad we have him but I still think it's our defense that wins our ball games and the rest of his supporting cast.

ah if you've read through some of the threads many times has this fault been brought up in past years (including last year after 2 games in a row with 3 int (and believe 3 or 4 of them were pick 6s).

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 05:31 AM
My friend who used to play for the Bison said that Brock has made that drive plenty of times in practice. Real credit to our coaching and the whole system.

Yes but practice drives are a whole different animal than the real thing... that said all those practice drives pay off in situations like this. Rarely see it that well executed even in a practice situation.

onbison09
08-31-2013, 05:34 AM

The guy's won 2 national titles. He was 21 out of 30 with 2 TDs. Yeah he threw a pick but damn can we just be happy for once?

onbison09
08-31-2013, 05:34 AM
Yes but practice drives are a whole different animal than the real thing... that said all those practice drives pay off in situations like this. Rarely see it that well executed even in a practice situation.

I realize that but GT said that Bohl and the staff try to create adversity in practice. I realize it's not like the real thing but it seems to be working.

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 05:41 AM
I realize that but GT said that Bohl and the staff try to create adversity in practice. I realize it's not like the real thing but it seems to be working.

Yeah it does, but for some people it just never translates over to a real game situation. Obviously it works for Brock so I wouldn't change a thing!

Hammersmith
08-31-2013, 05:46 AM
Understatement of the year?

“We had to score a touchdown, and it’s something we practice frequently,” Jensen said.

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 05:49 AM
Understatement of the year?

“We had to score a touchdown, and it’s something we practice frequently,” Jensen said.

LOL... shucks here I thought they tried to just get it within field goal range and let 4 toes Keller kick it in!

GOBISON123
08-31-2013, 06:43 AM

Kevin Vaadland and Zach Vraa each dropped passes after catching them with both hands. Ryan Smith saved the day for wide receivers.

Bisonguy
08-31-2013, 06:49 AM
Kevin Vaadland and Zach Vraa each dropped passes after catching them with both hands. Ryan Smith saved the day for wide receivers.

He also went 7-7 on The Drive. I can't really think of a better passer in the scenario.

HandoEX
08-31-2013, 06:51 AM
16 is #1!!!

Tony Almeida
08-31-2013, 11:29 AM
The guy's won 2 national titles. He was 21 out of 30 with 2 TDs. Yeah he threw a pick but damn can we just be happy for once?

I'm damn happy for the Bison, I'm just responding to all the dudes wearing the goggles with Brock Jensen flashing inside the lenses.

All I'm trying to say is whenever we win a big game all the credit goes to Brock Jensen even when he throws for 95 yards!!! What about that amazing defense, what about Ryan Smith, what about those running backs, what about that great O-line?!
Most of you immediately label him the greatest QB in NDSU history because why...he was part of a TEAM that won championships and big games...so should Ryan Smith go down as the greatest WR or Tyler Gimmestad as the greatest guard or Carlton Littlejohn as the best LB of all time...? Are you starting to pick up what I'm throwing down yet or should I keep going?

I guess the cliche goes without saying the QB does get all the glory...

Oh and Steve Walker would have won 2 nattys as well had he been eligible.

870XPRS
08-31-2013, 11:53 AM
He also went 7-7 on The Drive. I can't really think of a better passer in the scenario.

Walker would have went 9-7

Not a big Favre fan, but he also has the record for the most interceptions in the NFL.

gizmo
08-31-2013, 11:54 AM
IMO, this "stare down the receiver" stuff is mostly a bunch of crap. All of the pro QB's stare down receivers for good reason...they don't want to throw interceptions. In fact, I'll bet most interceptions happen when the QB tries to throw the ball to places where he hasn't seen the coverage.
Jensen is a fine college QB because he limits his mistakes and thus gives his team the best chance to win. Is Jensen the best passer? No. Is he the best runner? No. Is he the best decision maker? No. Is he the greatest winner? YES!!!!

1st&TennBison
08-31-2013, 12:33 PM

Maybe Bohl should make practice for football the same thing as the practice for putting (scene at the putt putt golf) with Adam Sandler in Happy Gillmor.

A1pigskin
08-31-2013, 12:36 PM
What a dream drive in the 4th quarter. Brock looked cool and in control. The offensive line really stepped up.

BlueBisonRock
09-01-2013, 05:55 PM
I am going to get me a pair of those glasses thanks to your stunning endorsement!

Brock gets big game credit because of his big game contributions. As for the rest, damn strait that D is incredible and RS is one incredible player.

I'm damn happy for the Bison, I'm just responding to all the dudes wearing the goggles with Brock Jensen flashing inside the lenses.

All I'm trying to say is whenever we win a big game all the credit goes to Brock Jensen even when he throws for 95 yards!!! What about that amazing defense, what about Ryan Smith, what about those running backs, what about that great O-line?!
Most of you immediately label him the greatest QB in NDSU history because why...he was part of a TEAM that won championships and big games...so should Ryan Smith go down as the greatest WR or Tyler Gimmestad as the greatest guard or Carlton Littlejohn as the best LB of all time...? Are you starting to pick up what I'm throwing down yet or should I keep going?

I guess the cliche goes without saying the QB does get all the glory...

Oh and Steve Walker would have won 2 nattys as well had he been eligible.