PDA

View Full Version : 8 Min 58 Sec

BisManBison
08-31-2013, 04:10 AM
80 yards in 18 plays. Does that drive become known as the drive in NDSU history? Discuss...

BisonTeacher
08-31-2013, 04:20 AM
CABison can probably provide some history here...but that is the the longest most methodical 4th quarter game winning drive I have ever seen out of a Bison team. (ive only been watching bison football since 92.)

HerdBot
08-31-2013, 04:31 AM
Next to the Georgia Southern drive, that was the best. It was certainly longer.
Anyone notice the Eastern Washington play?

GRAFTONBISON
08-31-2013, 04:32 AM
An absolute thing of beauty!!!

BisonTeacher
08-31-2013, 04:35 AM
Speaking of GSU and EWU...did anyone doubt that brock would be the one crossing the endzone with the ball? If KSU didnt know that was coming...they didnt know anything about us.

MHDBisonfan
08-31-2013, 04:36 AM
Incredible. Just incredible.

GradBison
08-31-2013, 04:36 AM
The Drive.

bisonaudit
08-31-2013, 04:38 AM
Speaking of GSU and EWU...did anyone doubt that brock would be the one crossing the endzone with the ball? If KSU didnt know that was coming...they didnt know anything about us.

The way they defended the keep in the 1st quarter, I don't think that was the KSUs problem on the goal line.

CaBisonFan
08-31-2013, 04:42 AM
It's thee drive as far as I know.

There was 'the play' at Cal Poly...but nothing at this level.

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 04:54 AM
That drive was epic... I've never seen anything like that at ANY level. The only miscues were the false start and the 2 straight stuffs at LOS running plays around our own 40 yard line. As others this will be THE Drive in my memory for a long time. I kept thinking in the back of my head when the heck are the wheels going to fall off this thing... but you could see Brock LOVED where he was at when he walked off the field on KSUs first timeout in the drive (2nd of the half), no better place than the ball in Brock's hand with 8 mins to go and going for the kill, he has a killer instinct! It was amazing to watch the change of the KSU fans during those 8 mins.. it was like watching someone watch a horror movie in slow motion!

BisonTeacher
08-31-2013, 04:58 AM
I know some may disagree with me, but I like how he gave a shout out to his gal after the Td. You could read lips...he said..."I love you baby...I know you're watching." I think thats cool. He can remain focused, and still think about his personal life at the same time. Ice in his veins.

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 05:02 AM
I know some may disagree with me, but I like how he gave a shout out to his gal after the Td. You could read lips...he said..."I love you baby...I know you're watching." I think thats cool. He can remain focused, and still think about his personal life at the same time. Ice in his veins.

How do we know it's a gal? (it probably was a secret message sent to TAB!) Maybe it was for his mom? (sorry I'm just in a giddy mood!)

MAKBison
08-31-2013, 05:02 AM
Nah, the best was the throw back, MoM shout out! Retro

BisonTeacher
08-31-2013, 05:04 AM
How do we know it's a gal? (it probably was a secret message sent to TAB!) Maybe it was for his mom? (sorry I'm just in a giddy mood!)

You may be right. My bad. :biggrin:

NDSUBowler
08-31-2013, 07:34 AM
The Drive.
This.

(10 char)

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 07:37 AM

dang just realized this is my 2nd jab at TAB in as many days (Sorry TAB I think we're all just jealous of you and your furry coat!)

Tatanka
08-31-2013, 07:38 AM
That drive was epic... I've never seen anything like that at ANY level. The only miscues were the false start and the 2 straight stuffs at LOS running plays around our own 40 yard line. As others this will be THE Drive in my memory for a long time. I kept thinking in the back of my head when the heck are the wheels going to fall off this thing... but you could see Brock LOVED where he was at when he walked off the field on KSUs first timeout in the drive (2nd of the half), no better place than the ball in Brock's hand with 8 mins to go and going for the kill, he has a killer instinct! It was amazing to watch the change of the KSU fans during those 8 mins.. it was like watching someone watch a horror movie in slow motion!The sound of 45000 butts simultaneously puckering was wonderful.

aces1180
08-31-2013, 07:39 AM
The sound of 45000 butts simultaneously puckering was wonderful.

^^^^^^this guy is a multimedia whore...just sayin'

gizmo
08-31-2013, 11:38 AM
It's the best final drive I can remember because:
1. We were in a great opponents stadium on an incredibly hot day and we BEAT THEM DOWN!!!!
2. It was classic Bison football. This drive wasn't about one or two big plays it was a full team effort...run right, run left, passes to several players. Everyone stepped up.
3. Yeah, the Bison used nearly 9 minutes!!! KSU had no answers.
4. It was classic Bison football.
5. When the game was over there was NO DOUBT who the better team was that night.

BisoninNWMN
08-31-2013, 12:14 PM
It's the best final drive I can remember because:
1. We were in a great opponents stadium on an incredibly hot day and we BEAT THEM DOWN!!!!
2. It was classic Bison football. This drive wasn't about one or two big plays it was a full team effort...run right, run left, passes to several players. Everyone stepped up.
3. Yeah, the Bison used nearly 9 minutes!!! KSU had no answers.
4. It was classic Bison football.
5. When the game was over there was NO DOUBT who the better team was that night.

This here!

Big 12 champs just got taken to school on how to run the ball and win.

A1pigskin
08-31-2013, 12:44 PM
That was one of the best drives I have ever seen. Before this I always had the Sam Houston game when Steve Walker drove down the field as the best drive. Again, what an amazing drive.

Has there been a team to take more time than this in the history of football? It would be interesting to know.

westnodak93bison
08-31-2013, 09:30 PM
And their crowd noise was NOT a factor. Instead of getting behind their team they just sat there dumbfounded.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

344Johnson
08-31-2013, 09:35 PM
Next to the Georgia Southern drive, that was the best. It was certainly longer.
Anyone notice the Eastern Washington play?

Disagree. We had to get 30 yards in penalties on the GaSo drive...this drive, just involved the offense telling K-State's defense that its cool if you stop us on first and second down, because we are just going to get it on third down anyway.

And yes, took me a minute to figure out where I had seen it before...then I realized that play had some bad juju connected to it..

And their crowd noise was NOT a factor. Instead of getting behind their team they just sat there dumbfounded.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not an intimidating environment at all.

GOBISON123
08-31-2013, 09:38 PM
Coach Bohl is a genius.

With a play like that we took the K-state offense completely out of the game in the 2nd half.

Jake Waters barely touched the ball and even K-State players will laughing at Jake Waters in the sidelines. That kid had a decent game but heck never got the ball.

Hammerhead
09-01-2013, 01:01 AM
There were at least two long 3rd down conversions in that drive that added to the drama.

tony
09-02-2013, 07:26 AM
8:58 despite four time-outs being called.

THEsocalledfan
09-02-2013, 01:01 PM
That drive was INSANE. We were in the stands talking about how there is no going back; this is Bison final stand and you knew exactly what they were up to. We say, "21 yards to glory" "12 yards to glory" "1 yard to glory!"

When Brock plunged across that goal line, it was pure pandemonium in the Bison section.

thundarsdaddy
09-02-2013, 01:40 PM
There were at least two long 3rd down conversions in that drive that added to the drama.

I havent seen the recorded version yet, so this is from memory of being at the game itself, but on one of the set-of-downs, KState got great defensive penetration and we ended up with a 3rd and long, they threw a screen to Derrick Lang...he stretched out to barely get the first down!!! I know there were other plays early in this 80+ yard drive of the same caliber. This is what sets this team apart....the ability to stay poised and make plays when they have to!!! As far as I'm concerned this drive was the best ever, but I'll bet there are better ones yet to come in this falls playoffs. There is a sh**load of great FCS teams this year, based on this past weekends games!!

HandoEX
09-02-2013, 02:45 PM
"The Drive" was the greatest effort I've ever seen from any sports team. Brock was perfect. The play calling was near perfect. Human beings are not able to keep their emotions in check during that kind of moment with the pressure of the situation. It should go down in Bison lore as the greatest drive in Bison football history, IMO.

MNLonghorn10
09-02-2013, 02:48 PM
"The Drive" was the greatest effort I've ever seen from any sports team. Brock was perfect. The play calling was near perfect. Human beings are not able to keep their emotions in check during that kind of moment with the pressure of the situation. It should go down in Bison lore as the greatest drive in Bison football history, IMO.

I could've gone with less rushes for loss..too many times ndsu saw 2nd or 3rd and long

BisonNeil
09-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I could've gone for more rushes for loss..not enough times ndsu was 2nd or 3rd and long..I needed the Bison to fail on third down so my prediction of a 52-10 Bison loss would be correct

There, fixed it for you :D

gt_bison
09-02-2013, 03:08 PM
That was one of the best drives I have ever seen. Before this I always had the Sam Houston game when Steve Walker drove down the field as the best drive. Again, what an amazing drive.

Has there been a team to take more time than this in the history of football? It would be interesting to know.

2004 Emerald Bowl. Navy vs. New Mexico:

a 26-play, 14 minute-26 second epic that took just over 32 minutes in real time. It was college football's most time-consuming drive ever, and it didn't even produce a touchdown—on the drive's last play, Navy kicked a field goal to go up by 15. The drive started with 1:41 left in the third quarter with Navy leading 31-19 and having just thwarted a New Mexico touchdown plunge by inches. When the drive was over, just 2:15 was left in the game, and the Lobos' fate was all but sealed.

WSJ article (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703510304574626251842137792.html) entitled "College Football's Longest Drive". (Google the title if you can't read the direct link. Should give you access to the article.)

Paul Johnson-coached teams love to dominate TOP, but his QBs don't routinely milk the play clock down to 1 or 2 seconds like Brock does. I get kind of stressed watching games on TV with the play clock running down all the time.

SDbison
09-02-2013, 03:13 PM
That drive was INSANE. We were in the stands talking about how there is no going back; this is Bison final stand and you knew exactly what they were up to. We say, "21 yards to glory" "12 yards to glory" "1 yard to glory!"

When Brock plunged across that goal line, it was pure pandemonium in the Bison section. I was on the opposite end of the stadium in the standing room area. Disappointed only about 20% of the fans in SRO were Bison fans, but we did make some noise. When the players came on and off the field they walked the ramp right in front of us and we gave lots of encouraging shouts. At the end of the game hearing the Bison fans roar as the players ran over to them was the loudest I have ever heard 5000 to 6000 fans. Gave me chills. Then coach Bohl ran over to us in the SRO and we all pressed up against the fence........tried to high 5 over an 8 foot tall fence. As we congratulated coach he said thanks to us. Just a great final touch to an awesome game!

A1pigskin
09-02-2013, 03:19 PM
The intensity built up for 8-1/2 minutes with an amazing ending. Many times it was 3rd down and 11 or 12 yards to go.

Kermit
09-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Best drive I've ever seen. The duration of the drive was 8:30 though. It started with 8:58 on the clock and Brock scored with 0:28 remaining.