PDA

View Full Version : Now that we proved we are a top 35 team in country

Strongman
08-31-2013, 04:01 AM
And after we win a third consecutive national title can we PLEASE MOVE up?????????? Let's build the 35000 stadium, ride the oil $ and move up. WE CAN BE THE NEXT BOISE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammerhead
08-31-2013, 04:26 AM
I was wondering how long it would take for this conversation to start.

BisonEngrGirl
08-31-2013, 04:57 AM
Can we just settle down and focus on this season? We have one win. It's a long road to Frisco.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

MAKBison
08-31-2013, 04:59 AM
Ah...did you forget...We get the obligatory one day celebration!

Can we just settle down and focus on this season? We have one win. It's a long road to Frisco.

Strongman
08-31-2013, 07:32 AM
Why are you guys such conservative old farts??? I have been advocating moving up for a few years. It is pretty clear we can be a top 20 to 25 team consistently within the next 5 years after moving up. You are the same people who wanted us to stay in D2 and not build the Fargodome. WELL THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHER'S NDSU. GET WITH THE FUTURE INSTEAD OF LIVING IN THE 1980S.

NDSUBowler
08-31-2013, 07:35 AM
If we were living in the 1980's we would be D2 still....

Just sayinnnnn

Strongman
08-31-2013, 07:45 AM
Don't you want to compete with the best? Do you have North Dakota inferior complex??? How many DIaa titles do we have to win before we should move up? 3? 5? It is time to put our big boy pants on and move up. And build the 35000 seat stadium. Think progressively or stay in your rocking chair!

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Why are you guys such conservative old farts??? I have been advocating moving up for a few years. It is pretty clear we can be a top 20 to 25 team consistently within the next 5 years after moving up. You are the same people who wanted us to stay in D2 and not build the Fargodome. WELL THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHER'S NDSU. GET WITH THE FUTURE INSTEAD OF LIVING IN THE 1980S.

First we can't even raise 35 mil for a BSA remodel in 6 years how the heck are we going to consistently raise 10 mil more for athletics EVERY year! It's not as simple as adding Football scholarships. NDSU is at the minimum amount of sports for being in Div I. We would have to add more scholarships for the women to offset for the extra men's scholarships due to Title IX. Not to mention with the seemingly inevitable break off of the BCS schools from FBS there really is no stability there. Also now you need a conference affiliation before you can move up. I say we wait it out until BCS schools decide what they want to do, meanwhile focus on getting all our sports fully funded and in updated facilities. And that last statement is my idea of a good plan for moving up. Once those two things occur then you seriously pursue moving up. It's not going to take any # of FCS championships for me. It's financial and stability for me.

aces1180
08-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Don't you want to compete with the best? Do you have North Dakota inferior complex??? How many DIaa titles do we have to win before we should move up? 3? 5? It is time to put our big boy pants on and move up. And build the 35000 seat stadium. Think progressively or stay in your rocking chair!

OK...Put up the $$$$$$$...I'd love to be FBS, but were are the thousands Benjamins going to come from?

HandoEX
08-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Ah...did you forget...We get the obligatory one day celebration!
This ^

And This?

aces1180
08-31-2013, 08:15 AM
This ^

And This?

Where's the $$$$$?

If that happens, I'm all in...None of this GSU/APP St. BS...Do it right.

A1pigskin
08-31-2013, 01:05 PM
I am enjoying the FCS ride right now.

MNLonghorn10
08-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Fbs! Fbs! Fbs!

BisoninNWMN
08-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Fbs! Fbs! Fbs!

This program can do it....agree 100%.

:judges:

devin45k
08-31-2013, 01:38 PM
I am enjoying the FCS ride right now.

I want FBS, if they would change their system to have playoffs like the FCS.

taper
08-31-2013, 02:46 PM
I can't wait for the BCS to break off, a re-org is needed in college football. We'll in no way ever compete at a BCS level for an entire season, the money simply isn't here. Anybody that says we need to move up now should make their donation and finish the BSA.

thebigund
08-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Only 35000 seats? If you're making bold statements you might as well be bold and build a stadium that seats 55000.

natstar1
08-31-2013, 03:23 PM
For those that are pushing FBS lets say we win a 3rd FCS title this year, but don't make the playoffs for the next 5 years would your feelings still be the same?

MAKBison
08-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Why would we not make the playoffs the next 5 years. I do not see that happening st all. expanded field we reload not rebuild. Ok we lose at a lot of Sr this year sure, but have you looked t the number of underclassmen that start or play significant downs that will still be on this team----the future after this year looks bright!

For those that are pushing FBS lets say we win a 3rd FCS title this year, but don't make the playoffs for the next 5 years would your feelings still be the same?

BisonTeacher
08-31-2013, 03:34 PM
Two words:

Crappy bowl game.

natstar1
08-31-2013, 03:34 PM
It was a hypothetical, I'm not saying that will happen. Well lets say our next 5 years are like Northern Iowa's last 5 would you still push for FBS?

MAKBison
08-31-2013, 03:35 PM
that's three words

Two words:

Crappy bowl game.

BisonTeacher
08-31-2013, 03:36 PM
that's three words

Yes it is. It was a joke.

NDSUstudent
08-31-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm for it but the conference(MWC) I would want to join probably wouldn't add us. The MAC or Sun Belt doesn't seem very exciting.

bisonhp330
08-31-2013, 04:08 PM
two words....NO

devin45k
08-31-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm for it but the conference(MWC) I would want to join probably wouldn't add us. The MAC or Sun Belt doesn't seem very exciting.

Sun Belt and MAC always have empty grandstands.

NDSUDude
08-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Wins like this get donors to write BIG checks! They'll have the BSA money finalized within the week I bet. We are definitely positioned to the point where serious FBS talk will start happening and we would be fools to not at least entertain the possibility. But for now we need to keep growing a passionate fan base, heck I even had UND fans showing there support which blows my mind! Time to celebrate and march to Frisco!

GOBISON123
08-31-2013, 09:34 PM
NCAA may scrap FCS and just keep D1 D2 and D3 and when this happens FCS schools would either have to go to D1 with FBS schools or go to D2. So whether we like it or not this might just happen, 2-3 years we might be playing with FBS schools regardless as the new D1.

GoRams
09-01-2013, 12:59 AM
First we can't even raise 35 mil for a BSA remodel in 6 years how the heck are we going to consistently raise 10 mil more for athletics EVERY year! It's not as simple as adding Football scholarships. NDSU is at the minimum amount of sports for being in Div I. We would have to add more scholarships for the women to offset for the extra men's scholarships due to Title IX. Not to mention with the seemingly inevitable break off of the BCS schools from FBS there really is no stability there. Also now you need a conference affiliation before you can move up. I say we wait it out until BCS schools decide what they want to do, meanwhile focus on getting all our sports fully funded and in updated facilities. And that last statement is my idea of a good plan for moving up. Once those two things occur then you seriously pursue moving up. It's not going to take any # of FCS championships for me. It's financial and stability for me.

I totally agree with this guy! ^^^^

taper
09-01-2013, 02:09 AM
NCAA may scrap FCS and just keep D1 D2 and D3 and when this happens FCS schools would either have to go to D1 with FBS schools or go to D2. So whether we like it or not this might just happen, 2-3 years we might be playing with FBS schools regardless as the new D1.

Where'd you hear this? I can't possibly see D1 being combined, simply too many teams and a huge spread of ability. Very few FBS would want to drop from 85 schollies, a good chunk of FCS aren't using 63 and there's maybe a dozen or so that could go to 85. Don't forget about Title IX implications for upping scholly numbers.

1998braves64
09-01-2013, 03:13 AM
Where'd you hear this? I can't possibly see D1 being combined, simply too many teams and a huge spread of ability. Very few FBS would want to drop from 85 schollies, a good chunk of FCS aren't using 63 and there's maybe a dozen or so that could go to 85. Don't forget about Title IX implications for upping scholly numbers.

My guess as to what will happen is they come up with some happy medium 75?? That will push out the lower FCS teams, instill a playoffs that all the lower FBS teams want anyway. Could see it happening, might take awhile for the lower FBS to give up the scholarships but really they're being subsidized by the BCS teams anyways so they're not going to be able to afford 85 anymore anyway.

BisonEngrGirl
09-01-2013, 03:16 AM

Wasn't there talk that a new D1 sub-division would be added? So then we would have three levels of D1? This makes more sense to me than lumping all D1 schools together into a gigantic pool where the talent and recruiting levels vary so wildly that most schools would never see a shot at the upcoming playoff system. I would like to see a D1 sub-division one step up from FCS that would include top-tier FCS school and lower-tier FBS schools. More competition while retaining the chance to win a championship.

56BISON73
09-01-2013, 03:21 AM
Don't you want to compete with the best? Do you have North Dakota inferior complex??? How many DIaa titles do we have to win before we should move up? 3? 5? It is time to put our big boy pants on and move up. And build the 35000 seat stadium. Think progressively or stay in your rocking chair!m

No but it seems you do. It seem you wanting to move up has more to do with your ego instead of whats good for the program.

Bison 4 Life
09-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Two words:

Crappy bowl game.

Yup. Competing with the best? You mean Alabama and Ohio State? Never happen. No resources.

Instead we'd be pissing around with Akron, Wyoming, and Northern Illinois.

GOBISON123
09-01-2013, 03:49 AM

Dom Izzo mentioned this in one of his video blogs.

GOBISON123
09-01-2013, 03:51 AM
Wasn't there talk that a new D1 sub-division would be added? So then we would have three levels of D1? This makes more sense to me than lumping all D1 schools together into a gigantic pool where the talent and recruiting levels vary so wildly that most schools would never see a shot at the upcoming playoff system. I would like to see a D1 sub-division one step up from FCS that would include top-tier FCS school and lower-tier FBS schools. More competition while retaining the chance to win a championship.

NCAA must do some restructuring the current system is broken.