PDA

View Full Version : Re: NDSU Uni's

TAILG8R
11-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Personally I don't like the addition of black into sports uniforms.

I have seen too many unis uglified by adding black. :(

Just my opinion.

Bisonguy
11-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Adding black to the unis is for schools embarrassed by their school colors.

sway1331
11-03-2006, 12:41 AM
I'll add my vote for no too. Never much cared for that fad and I think it's on the decline which is a good thing in my opinion.

But I will say the one side of Louisville stadium in all black does look pretty cool.

Bison4Life
11-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Peronally I hate our green pants, I wish we still had the yellow pants on the road with the green stripe like our home unis going yup the side of our white road uni's.......i think that would look bad ass but thats just me. I hate the all black uni's, if you have black you have to have different color pants like red pants or gold pants but thats just my opinion.

Bisonips
11-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Black is part of the Cardinal's mascot coloring...NDSU has nothing to do with black...I like our current Unis and I think if we did anything different, bringing back the old school throwbacks would be awesome. IMO many of the newer style unis are all very similar. I honestly like Penn State and Notre Dame's jerseys. School colors and a number. They don't need anything written on their jerseys and everyone automatically knows who they are and what they're about.

Black out - Louisville and White out - Penn State do definately look awesome in the stands though.

Scooter
11-03-2006, 01:53 AM
Peronally I hate our green pants, I wish we still had the yellow pants on the road with the green stripe like our home unis going yup the side of our white road uni's.......i think that would look bad ass but thats just me. *I hate the all black uni's, if you have black you have to have different color pants like red pants or gold pants but thats just my opinion.
Now, I think the road uni's are the best I've seen. *The green pants are very sharp.
I have a problem with the yellow home pants. *But, the green road pants/green jerseys would not be good either. *So, hell, stick with the yellow....Also,when you see the home uni's on TV, everyone in the area knows that it's NDSU on the highlights. Very distinctive.

TheBisonator
11-03-2006, 01:56 AM
Black is part of the Cardinal's mascot coloring...NDSU has nothing to do with black...I like our current Unis and I think if we did anything different, bringing back the old school throwbacks would be awesome. *IMO many of the newer style unis are all very similar. *I honestly like Penn State and Notre Dame's jerseys. *School colors and a number. *They don't need anything written on their jerseys and everyone automatically knows who they are and what they're about. *

Black out - Louisville and White out - Penn State do definately look awesome in the stands though.

Penn State's unis are the ugliest motherfucking things I have ever seen on a football field. (Same goes with Texas' road uni's - All white. They look like a bunch of Michelin Men out there) No style whatsoever. Those unis alone completely bore up the game. Now I'm not a fan of unis like Oregon has, but there needs to be at least SOME sort of deviation from the monotone.

I like Ohio State's unis as an example of being still purist, and yet fashionable.

99 percent white/monotone makes me want to PUKE.

Scooter
11-03-2006, 01:58 AM
got to agree with you bisonator, Penn St uniforms are the worst of all time.

Bisonguy
11-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Black is part of the Cardinal's mascot coloring...NDSU has nothing to do with black...I like our current Unis and I think if we did anything different, bringing back the old school throwbacks would be awesome. *IMO many of the newer style unis are all very similar. *I honestly like Penn State and Notre Dame's jerseys. *School colors and a number. *They don't need anything written on their jerseys and everyone automatically knows who they are and what they're about. *

Penn State's unis are the ugliest motherfucking things I have ever seen on a football field. (Same goes with Texas' road uni's - All white. They look like a bunch of Michelin Men out there) No style whatsoever. Those unis alone completely bore up the game. Now I'm not a fan of unis like Oregon has, but there needs to be at least SOME sort of deviation from the monotone.

I always thought they looked like marshmellows. :-/

I like Ohio State's unis as an example of being still purist, and yet fashionable.

+1

Bisonips
11-03-2006, 02:35 AM

Holy crap, did I strike a nerve? My opinion differs from yours, Bisonator. *Good idea to drop MF'n in there to reiterate your hated for something as simple as a jersey. *If a team's jersey makes a football game 'boring', then I guess I don't know how to watch football. *I do agree with you on OSU's jerseys, however, *I like Penn State's jerseys because Joepa has made them a part of his trademark, coaching philosophy, and part of Penn State tradition. *A PSU jersey is recognizable to any football fan, even though there is nothing written on it anywhere. *IMO, that's what makes a good jersey. *Actually, nevermind...i have no idea why i've commented on this thread twice now...

mebison
11-03-2006, 03:32 AM
Its like What Not To Wear for the football field...somebody's got to syndicate this!

sambini
11-03-2006, 09:25 AM

I have seen too many unis uglified by adding black. *:(

Just my opinion.
+++++++++

Gully
11-03-2006, 11:24 AM
What the hell, how did I get on my wife's fashion board? Are you guys serious? Maybe our players perform better if they "feel pretty".

IowaBisonToo
11-03-2006, 01:45 PM
What the hell, how did I get on my wife's fashion board? *Are you guys serious? *Maybe our players perform better if they "feel pretty".

Yeah, wasn't that the excuse Mason used for barely winning against the Bison - their uniforms? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Paulie
11-03-2006, 02:36 PM
I like Penn State. Simple and tradition are best. However, they lost some credability when after years of refusing to wear a bowl patch they had no problem adding a Nike logo.

Scooter
11-03-2006, 05:27 PM
What the hell, how did I get on my wife's fashion board? *Are you guys serious? *Maybe our players perform better if they "feel pretty".

post of the year candidate.

IowaBison
11-03-2006, 05:33 PM
i see it now,

after lining up for the kickoff at the beginning of the Poly game, music comes over the sound system (which is surprisingly audible in all sections of the dome), it's clearly a work of bernstein, west side story is it? and then the singing begins:

"I feel pretty
Oh so pretty
I feel pretty and
witty and gay
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me
today"

Bison13
11-03-2006, 09:02 PM
I dont even know what you guys are talking about....Where did anything say about adding black to the unis?

BigBison
11-03-2006, 10:24 PM
the bison unis are great dont change them. I remeber the all yellow ones from last year, didnt care for those much at all.

Bisonguy
11-03-2006, 10:25 PM
the bison unis are great dont change them. *I remeber the all yellow ones from last year, didnt care for those much at all. *

All yellow?? :-? :-? :-?

Dakotah_Field
11-04-2006, 01:54 AM
Jeez...where's the Milwaukee's Best Light can to squash all you girls? "I like the road pants with the....SHUT UP!"

You know what I like to see? Our uniforms running over their uniforms.

CaBisonFan
11-04-2006, 02:45 AM

I have seen too many unis uglified by adding black. *:(

Just my opinion.

I remember when Oregon began their ugly contest. *And they keep getting better at it. *Miami was right in there with their curved stripes that widened and narrowed. *I think that they were the originators of the new wave of uniforms. *

I'm not a huge fan of the Penn State uniforms, but the tradition kind of demands the uniform. *Just like Michigan. *I hate the helmets, but it's the tradition. *

But the ugliest uniform in the history of history, to me, is the Arizona Cardinals' uniform. *It's a little better with some modernization, but the helmet is butt ugly. *And even though I'm a Vikings fan of sorts, I hate their uniforms. *The new look didn't really improve anything. *It's too busy. *They went for "ugly." *They got it just right. *

The old Bison uniforms were classic. *They demanded respect and blew away the NCC. *When the Bison came to town, people knew that something special had arrived at their stadium. *It was all a part of the mystique and attitude.

I'm with the guy that said he liked the old gold road pants. *But times change I guess. *SU lacks a little bit of class with their uniform design right now. *A lot of it has to do with how they balance it out with shoe and sock colors. *It's out of balance now. *Doesn't have a classic look to it. *But right now, it's the least of their worries. *There are 3 must-win games coming up. *Must. *And I believe that it will happen.

Ivy
11-04-2006, 02:53 AM
...SU lacks a little bit of class with their uniform design right now. *A lot of it has to do with how they balance it out with shoe and sock colors. *It's out of balance now. *Doesn't have a classic look to it.

There is definately something wrong with the all green legs. *I would like to see these new road uni's with white socks or at least a white stripe to break it up a little bit.

sambini
11-04-2006, 03:51 AM
They look fine and they are winnig with them. And thats what count++++++++

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-04-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm not a huge fan of black uni's but maybe we could use black uni's they way Notre Dame uses its greens, for special occaisions and such. Just an idea to incorporate the black without using them as a regular uniform.

Bisonfan1
11-04-2006, 05:07 PM

From the book of Sambini - ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ AND Tatanka - ++ (see Below Post) (Modified) ::)

Tatanka
11-04-2006, 05:32 PM

From the book of Sambini - ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ AND Tatanka.
++ (only two at a time from Tatanka...)

sambini
11-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Just win Baby++++