PDA

View Full Version : Shakir Bell Arm is in a Sling

MAKBison
08-30-2013, 01:28 AM
Watching the Indiana State at Indiana game Bell has a long run and is now out of game with his arm in a sling!

tjbison
08-30-2013, 01:32 AM
can only take so many carries, Miles ran the shit out if him and I'll give Stanford credit he mixed it up

Shakir is fun to watch but I felt for the kid the last 3 years he has been beat to shit

hope he is ok otherwise ISU is done

MAKBison
08-30-2013, 01:45 AM
I agree, he gets the shit kicked out of him...I felt bad for the kid last year when we played him.

devin45k
08-30-2013, 02:03 AM
He is a stud but he is having to work harder than he should.

NorthernBison
08-30-2013, 02:11 AM
They are getting absolutely killed. Indiana should set a school scoring record. Wow.

td577
08-30-2013, 02:25 AM
I figured it would be about week 5 before Bell completely fell apart.

MAKBison
08-30-2013, 02:29 AM
They did Highest in new Stadium history so far---
They are getting absolutely killed. Indiana should set a school scoring record. Wow.

tjbison
08-30-2013, 02:31 AM
I figured it would be about week 5 before Bell completely fell apart.

Bell has heart and soul man, he made ISU b come from the bowls of suck to a respectable team. unfortunately the future doesn't look bright and he will most likely go out this year at some point and that's too bad.

ISU is the perfect example that you can't lean your team on 1 guy

great player just got used up his first 3 yrs, it's just my opinion

larson311
08-30-2013, 02:32 AM
Separated shoulder is what Izzo tweeted.

Bison bison
08-30-2013, 02:34 AM
I heard on good morning America that this could be a good thing. This way his arm and shoulder can better decide if they should divorce or not.

MAKBison
08-30-2013, 02:34 AM
q
They did Highest in new Stadium history so far---

Strike that... its is now highest in modern program history! 3 away from all time record set in 1901

CaBisonFan
08-30-2013, 02:37 AM
Horrible night for the Missouri Valley.

td577
08-30-2013, 02:37 AM
Bell has heart and soul man, he made ISU b come from the bowls of suck to a respectable team. unfortunately the future doesn't look bright and he will most likely go out this year at some point and that's too bad.

ISU is the perfect example that you can't lean your team on 1 guy

great player just got used up his first 3 yrs, it's just my opinion

I figure he would get to week 5 on heart and soul alone. He is one beat up young man. Regardless of the outcome of the Bison game last year, Bell absolutely got the shit kicked out of him. During the game we were saying there is no way he comes back after that hit. We said that many times. Lo and behold, he was back out there with 5 more straight carries. There is no way that kid remembers the fourth quarter.

MAKBison
08-30-2013, 02:40 AM
ISU players are dropping like flies---another injury! That's 3 players done for the day. Left guard out ( ran off field so its not so bad,but geesh you hate to see these injuries prior to conference play)

MAKBison
08-30-2013, 02:44 AM
I figure he would get to week 5 on heart and soul alone. He is one beat up young man. Regardless of the outcome of the Bison game last year, Bell absolutely got the shit kicked out of him. During the game we were saying there is no way he comes back after that hit. We said that many times. Lo and behold, he was back out there with 5 more straight carries. There is no way that kid remembers the fourth quarter.

Until he was not---if I remember right he was knocked out of that game late

tjbison
08-30-2013, 02:46 AM

this, I agree thought the same

devin45k
08-30-2013, 02:49 AM

Western Illinois defense was the only thing that impressed me although they did play Hampton

Kurt Hess played like garbage tonight

IndyBison
08-30-2013, 03:40 AM

I've shared this before but the state championship game his senior year he was carried off the field 2-3 times but kept coming back. He rushed for over 200 yards and they won the game. Tonight's injury could happen to anyone. The guy who tackled him was the son of Mark Murphy, son of former Packer player with the same name.

tjbison
08-30-2013, 03:56 AM
I've shared this before but the state championship game his senior year he was carried off the field 2-3 times but kept coming back. He rushed for over 200 yards and they won the game. Tonight's injury could happen to anyone. The guy who tackled him was the son of Mark Murphy, son of former Packer player with the same name.

Shakir is a great example of a man, student and player no doubt. But he could have been way better playing for a different team good luck

MAKBison
08-30-2013, 03:57 AM

Gotta like a kid like that!
Locked like he rolled over the ball. Announces we guessing a stinger I thought rotater cuff, but who knows. Tough to lose a guy like that in your first game. If he is out for any length of time it will be a much tougher road for the trees.

HerdBot
08-30-2013, 04:14 AM
Doesnt matter. Indiana State has the worst defense in football. Should have made a better effort to keep their coach. Back to mediocre play.

Hammerhead
08-30-2013, 04:14 AM
Not as bad as the Pioneer conference with Drake losing to an NAIA team http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332412181
and Valpo getting creamed by the Whioux.

IndyBison
08-30-2013, 04:20 AM
Not as bad as the Pioneer conference with Drake losing to an NAIA team http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332412181
and Valpo getting creamed by the Whioux.

Most of Pioneer is similar to D3 and NAIA so this is not a shock. Butler usually plays local D3 or NAIA schools fairly even and they are a better Pioneer team.

JustinTyem
08-30-2013, 05:04 AM
Bell departed with 1:20 left in the first half after landing hard on his right shoulder at the end of a 45-yard run. He was diagnosed with a separated shoulder at halftime and spent the second half dressed in street clothes. He finished with 18 carries for 113 yards but is expected to miss at least a couple of weeks.

``The good news is that they did an X-ray and there is nothing broken,'' coach Mike Sanford said after making his Indiana State debut. ``We're going to wait and see the severity of it as we go along.''
http://www.ncaa.com/game/football/fbs/2013/08/29/indiana-st-indiana#boxscore

Bison"FANatic"
08-30-2013, 11:26 AM
``The good news is that they did an X-ray and there is nothing broken,'' coach Mike Sanford said after making his Indiana State debut. ``We're going to wait and see the severity of it as we go along.''
http://www.ncaa.com/game/football/fbs/2013/08/29/indiana-st-indiana#boxscore

Their coach last year would have taped him up and told him to carry the ball with the other arm and get back in there. Heck in our game he got hit and was stumbling toward the wrong sideline till his teammates set him going the right direction and the coach had him back in there.

A1pigskin
08-30-2013, 09:49 PM
I thought he had a few concussions last year when the Bison played them.