PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the "NDSU Bison" app?

thebootfitter
08-29-2013, 09:19 PM
I used the "NDSU Bison" app (premium version for $5) from the Google Play Store all last year to stream audio of Bison games. Now, when I launch the app, a Window pops up that says I am not connected to the Internet. (I am.) It won't allow me to do anything else except click okay, which closes the app. No opportunity to change settings or refresh or anything.

Also, a search in the Google Play Store for "NDSU Bison" doesn't return anything for this app.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know how to stream Bison games this year via a smartphone?

BisonTeacher
08-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Died with neulion.

imabison
08-29-2013, 09:22 PM
I used the "NDSU Bison" app (premium version for $5) from the Google Play Store all last year to stream audio of Bison games. Now, when I launch the app, a Window pops up that says I am not connected to the Internet. (I am.) It won't allow me to do anything else except click okay, which closes the app. No opportunity to change settings or refresh or anything.

Also, a search in the Google Play Store for "NDSU Bison" doesn't return anything for this app.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know how to stream Bison games this year via a smartphone?

NDSU changed providers and it went away with that change. Someone is working on something
called Bisontracker but I think its still in beta.

Contact NDSU with your questions.

NorthernBison
08-29-2013, 09:24 PM
NDSU changed providers and it went away with that change. Someone is working on something
called Bisontracker but I think its still in beta.

Contact NDSU with your questions.

I got the Bisontracker from the App Store. Not impressed so far.

imabison
08-29-2013, 09:26 PM

I think its still being worked on. Android has some many phones out there its been difficult. The guy was concentrating on
the Iphone first...then....

SportsLover
08-29-2013, 09:52 PM

If you are looking to stream audio for the games, you can download the FM radio app and listen via kfgo. Right?

tjbison
08-29-2013, 10:04 PM
If you are looking to stream audio for the games, you can download the FM radio app and listen via kfgo. Right?

yes unless something has changed

devin45k
08-29-2013, 10:09 PM
I can't figure out how to get Bison Tracker on my windows phone yet.

Bisonguy
08-29-2013, 10:55 PM
I think its still being worked on. Android has some many phones out there its been difficult. The guy was concentrating on
the Iphone first...then....

Actually, W8 phones first, then iPhone, then Android.

HerdBot
08-29-2013, 11:00 PM

The Bison Tracker was designed to replace the Mickey Mouse game day app. Your comparing apples to oranges

NorthernBison
08-30-2013, 12:21 AM
The Bison Tracker was designed to replace the Mickey Mouse game day app. Your comparing apples to oranges

I'm not comparing it to anything. A bunch of the stuff on the app doesn't work. Maybe still being developed but cutting it close if true. No roster? Wtf?

1998braves64
08-30-2013, 02:58 AM
There is a bunch more stuff on this one you can follow friends and tailgate groups sounds like they plan to add to what they have. Another cool feature is following all the bison fans with their GPS on to Kansas.. Right now have 2 from ND 1 from SD one from Florida one from Utah and another from NY!
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

MankatoBison
08-30-2013, 03:19 AM
I downloaded BisonTracker and signed in, but when I click "sign in", it goes back the the opening Bison logo and then kicks me out of the app......... any thoughts, ideas, remedies etc?

1998braves64
08-30-2013, 03:28 AM
Are you on windows phone or Apple?

1998braves64
08-30-2013, 03:30 AM
On my windows phone I had to back out and relaunch the app after doing the intial signing in with msn/hotmail/outlook sign in.

roadwarrior
08-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Just use the internet on your phone and access gobison.com and it switches to the mobile version. No app to download.

MankatoBison
08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Are you on windows phone or Apple?

Its an iphone 4 with 6.0 ios I believe

BisonTeacher
08-30-2013, 03:49 PM

That mickey mouse app was better than the app i have now. (Android)

Especially for the strobe light during the intro. How many people no longer can participate?.

1998braves64
08-30-2013, 05:05 PM
That mickey mouse app was better than the app i have now. (Android)

Especially for the strobe light during the intro. How many people no longer can participate?.

Bolded is your issue... they don't have it set up for Android yet. They started with Windows phone and then Iphone. Android is suppose to be coming out later.

BisonTeacher
08-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Bolded is your issue... they don't have it set up for Android yet. They started with Windows phone and then Iphone. Android is suppose to be coming out later.

Lol. Thanks but i knew that. Someone was saying that the old app wasnt as good. For those of us with android...it was better than nothing which is what we have now. Trying to do the strobe at the first home game there will not be as many people participating anymore.

tcbison
08-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Lol. Thanks but i knew that. Someone was saying that the old app wasnt as good. For those of us with android...it was better than nothing which is what we have now. Trying to do the strobe at the first home game there will not be as many people participating anymore.

I just tried the Bison Game Day app and hit strobe light and it worked. That was about the only thing that still works on that app. I have an android phone.

BisonTeacher
08-30-2013, 05:45 PM
I didnt think you could download it anymore. Looks like you still can.

1998braves64
08-30-2013, 07:09 PM
:) you Android geeks feel so superior don't ya! I kid! I was surprised they didnt do Android before Iphone but as mentioned by someone, too many platforms to account for with Android. The app was created by a Microsoft employee so.. Blame them!

EmeraldCityBison
08-30-2013, 07:56 PM
It looks like FirstRow Sports will have a free video feed up for the game:

http://firstrownow.eu/sport/american-football.html

At game time, open the link and wade through the pop-ups. Don't be tricked into downloading anything.

I'll also post this on the GDT.

WYOBISONMAN
08-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Check...............strobe is indeed operational!