PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 2-deep

Kermit
08-26-2013, 10:26 PM
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=89453

Seniors: 13 starters (7 O, 5 D, 1 ST). 8 backups (2 O, 6 D).

Juniors: 7 starters (1 O, 5 D, 1 ST). 7 backups (5 O, 2 D).

Sophomores: 5 starters (3 O, 1 D, 1 ST). 4 backups (2 O, 2 D).

Redshirt Freshmen: 0 starters. 3 backups (2 O, 1 D)

HandoEX
08-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Congrats to CJ Smith!!!

Bison"FANatic"
08-26-2013, 11:03 PM
I was hoping to see one of the younger wide receivers break the two deep.

JustinTyem
08-26-2013, 11:14 PM
I was hoping to see one of the younger wide receivers break the two deep.Dont take the 2-Deep list literally,Bohl said last week that Jack was Back-up at Both Tackles and left guard so......... and I think the WR will be a rotating to keep the bodies fresh,the same as the D-Line and The DB''s of CJ,BP and Jordan.

Kermit
08-27-2013, 12:20 AM
Dont take the 2-Deep list literally,Bohl said last week that Jack was Back-up at Both Tackles and left guard so......... and I think the WR will be a rotating to keep the bodies fresh,the same as the D-Line and The DB''s of CJ,BP and Jordan.

Bohl's teams always rotate players at certain positions ans not at others. I'm sure we will see all 8 listed d-linemen rotating Friday night. It will be a great sign of confidence if we see rotation at linebacker, but I won't be shocked if only 4 play--I think Thorton will definitely play. We will see some rotation at one CB spot and they will find situations to play Shepherd.

We will see all the receivers, tight ends, and fullbacks--and more. On the other hand, they will probably stick with 5 offensive linemen (7 at the absolute most) unless there are injuries or a blowout. My guess is Hinz will be first up if they need a center or a guard (if a they need a guard we'll probably see Hinz in at center with Colville moving back to guard). Plankers will be first up if they need a tackle. We know Bohl does NOT rotate quarterbacks.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the young guys on special teams.

ndsubison1
08-27-2013, 12:49 AM
Bohl's teams always rotate players at certain positions ans not at others. I'm sure we will see all 8 listed d-linemen rotating Friday night. It will be a great sign of confidence if we see rotation at linebacker, but I won't be shocked if only 4 play--I think Thorton will definitely play. We will see some rotation at one CB spot and they will find situations to play Shepherd.

We will see all the receivers, tight ends, and fullbacks--and more. On the other hand, they will probably stick with 5 offensive linemen (7 at the absolute most) unless there are injuries or a blowout. My guess is Hinz will be first up if they need a center or a guard (if a they need a guard we'll probably see Hinz in at center with Colville moving back to guard). Plankers will be first up if they need a tackle. We know Bohl does NOT rotate quarterbacks.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the young guys on special teams.

im sure pierre and sheperd will come in for nickel/dime situations and an LB would likely come out. i expect both to play a lot this Friday. The good thing with Sheperd is that he can play either safety position. I agree that we will likely also see all 8 linemen rotating. Do you think Nate Moody is listed above Gray and Woods because of seniority/experience? I wouldnt be surprised if one of the two RFr ended up taking that spot down the road. But like you said, early we will see a lot of WR playing/rotating

Kermit
08-27-2013, 01:15 AM
im sure pierre and sheperd will come in for nickel/dime situations and an LB would likely come out. i expect both to play a lot this Friday. The good thing with Sheperd is that he can play either safety position. I agree that we will likely also see all 8 linemen rotating. Do you think Nate Moody is listed above Gray and Woods because of seniority/experience? I wouldnt be surprised if one of the two RFr ended up taking that spot down the road. But like you said, early we will see a lot of WR playing/rotating

Agree with all of your comments. Not sure what to make of the WR situation. Moody is an over-achiever, but he doesn't have the athletic ability of most of the other guys in his position group.

BisonNation11
08-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Agree with all of your comments. Not sure what to make of the WR situation. Moody is an over-achiever, but he doesn't have the athletic ability of most of the other guys in his position group.

I think you'll see Moody in there on 3rd downs or short 2nd down plays that are good passing situations. He has sure hands and seems to be a great safety net when you need him. Guess I've never paid attention to his run blocking ability, but the guy has been around so he knows how to run block (or at least he should).

ndsubison1
08-27-2013, 02:18 AM
also to further comment, nothing against Moody he has great hands and is a capable WR but I love the abilities of Gray and Woods

BisonNation11
08-27-2013, 02:19 AM
also to further comment, nothing against Moody he has great hands and is a capable WR but I love the abilities of Gray and Woods

I completely agree with you. I think Woods is the future and will begin to prove it this year. I just think in a big game like this, you stick with experience, especially so early in the season.

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 02:26 AM
I completely agree with you. I think Woods is the future and will begin to prove it this year. I just think in a big game like this, you stick with experience, especially so early in the season.

Amazing how Moody is "just not quite good enough" but yet has been there for us every time. That says something in and of itself.

FYI, not quoting to argue or diss your post, just a good segue to what I wanted to say. IMO, he should be starter until and if someone can prove they are as reliable and dependable as him. He has earned that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonNation11
08-27-2013, 02:32 AM
Amazing how Moody is "just not quite good enough" but yet has been there for us every time. That says something in and of itself.

FYI, not quoting to argue or diss your post, just a good segue to what I wanted to say. IMO, he should be starter until and if someone can prove they are as reliable and dependable as him. He has earned that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with you there CAS! I've been a Moody fan since the moment he started seeing the field. Old reliable! Constantly gets the job done no matter the opponent! One of my favorite plays from last year was him breaking the tackle at the 20 at the USD game to take it in for a TD all while stiff arming the defender into the end zone! Every team needs more guys like Moody!

JSUBison
08-27-2013, 03:10 AM
Agree with you there CAS! I've been a Moody fan since the moment he started seeing the field. Old reliable! Constantly gets the job done no matter the opponent! One of my favorite plays from last year was him breaking the tackle at the 20 at the USD game to take it in for a TD all while stiff arming the defender into the end zone! Every team needs more guys like Moody!

Moody has become the teams version of Warren Holloway in a sense. Not so much the big time plays, but like you and CAS both said, he's reliable and he's still out there and none of the pups have overtaken him. I thought Wahlo could have been the one last year, and Okland maybe this year but that's obviously not happening.

Tony Almeida
08-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Moody has become the teams version of Warren Holloway in a sense. Not so much the big time plays, but like you and CAS both said, he's reliable and he's still out there and none of the pups have overtaken him. I thought Wahlo could have been the one last year, and Okland maybe this year but that's obviously not happening.

Ahhhh...did you watch Bison football when Holloway was playing?! That's all he did was make the "BIG" catches...he had the timing down when leaping for a ball and NFL type hands to catch it, unfortunately that's all he had. If he had speed and quickness, we might still be watching him play football...

To respond to the other posts, I like D-Gray all the way!

ndsubison1
08-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Ahhhh...did you watch Bison football when Holloway was playing?! That's all he did was make the "BIG" catches...he had the timing down when leaping for a ball and NFL type hands to catch it, unfortunately that's all he had. If he had speed and quickness, we might still be watching him play football...

To respond to the other posts, I like D-Gray all the way!

i think you misunderstood him

roadwarrior
08-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Here is the link to the weekly NDSU press release:

http://gobison.com/documents/2013/8/27/NDSUFootballRelease2013-08-27.pdf?id=160

HazenBizon
08-27-2013, 05:40 PM

IMHO, Moody's x-factor is his durability. He makes a fantastic grab, gets decleated, holds on to the ball, and dusts himself off and does it again. Straight blue collar Midwestern toughness.

BlueBisonRock
08-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Here is the link to the weekly NDSU press release:

http://gobison.com/documents/2013/8/27/NDSUFootballRelease2013-08-27.pdf?id=160

When did Iowa join the Big 12?

THE SERIES: This is the second meeting between North Dakota State and Kansas State. NDSU lost 19-6 at Kansas State under coach C.C. Finnegan to end a 5-5 season in 1931. NDSU is 1-1 against Big 12 competition since beginning Division I play in 2004. The Bison lost 34-17 at Iowa State in the 2009 opener and won 6-3 at Kansas in the 2010 opener.

coloradobison
08-27-2013, 06:06 PM
When did Iowa join the Big 12?

Iowa is in the Big 10, IOWA STATE is in the Big 12

BlueBisonRock
08-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Iowa is in the Big 10, IOWA STATE is in the Big 12

Of course, I should have used da purple.

My point. Exactly.

KC Bison
08-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Where can I find the two-deep for KSU? Curious about how we match up size-wise.

gumby013
08-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Where can I find the two-deep for KSU? Curious about how we match up size-wise.

Note: KSU doesn't change their depth chart for injuries.

O-Fence

WR
T Lockett
T Miller
K Klein

LT
C Lucas
W Cooper

LG
C Whitehair
W Ash

C