PDA

View Full Version : Your 2013 Team Captains

Jay
08-24-2013, 11:50 PM
@KingJCrock_23: HUGE S/O to are new team captains @G34Olson @jirik93 @Big_Mountain77 @ryguy_4 @AndrewGrothmann and BIG s/o 2 my big brotha @TheRealMarcWill

Olson
Jirik
Turner
Smith
Grothmann
Williams

aces1180
08-25-2013, 12:57 AM
No Brock...interesting.

HerdBot
08-25-2013, 01:56 AM
The qbs the general anyway

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 03:32 AM
@KingJCrock_23: HUGE S/O to are new team captains @G34Olson @jirik93 @Big_Mountain77 @ryguy_4 @AndrewGrothmann and BIG s/o 2 my big brotha @TheRealMarcWill

Olson
Jirik
Turner
Smith
Grothmann
Williams Four Years as the "STARTING QB" ,I think its B.S. to not have Brock as a Team Captain!!!!:facepalm:

PattyBison
08-25-2013, 03:41 AM
Four Years as the "STARTING QB" ,I think its B.S. to not have Brock as a Team Captain!!!!:facepalm:

I think the men in the locker room and on the field are much more qualified to determine captains than a guy sitting on his couch in Wisconsin.

56BISON73
08-25-2013, 03:48 AM
Four Years as the "STARTING QB" ,I think its B.S. to not have Brock as a Team Captain!!!!:facepalm:

Being a starter for 4 years has nothing to do with being elected a team captain.

Tatanka
08-25-2013, 03:51 AM
I think the men in the locker room and on the field are much more qualified to determine captains than a guy sitting on his couch in Wisconsin.This here.

56BISON73
08-25-2013, 03:56 AM
I think the men in the locker room and on the field are much more qualified to determine captains than a guy sitting on his couch in Wisconsin.

Truth!!!!!!!

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 03:59 AM
Being a starter for 4 years has nothing to do with being elected a team captain.
I think the men in the locker room and on the field are much more qualified to determine captains than a guy sitting on his couch in Wisconsin.2 PL's,the question is are they conjoined???? I don't sit on a couch thank you very much............ I find it as a slap in his face:(............. How many games as he missed as the starter??? I would like to know why he wasn't voted,thats the real question??? Nothing More,Nothing Less:facepalm:

56BISON73
08-25-2013, 04:03 AM
2 PL's,the question is are they conjoined???? I don't sit on a couch thank you very much............ I find it as a slap in his face:(............. How many games as he missed as the starter??? I would like to know why he wasn't voted,thats the real question??? Nothing More,Nothing Less:facepalm:

Not co-joined at all.
As for your question its not any of your business.

HoopsBison
08-25-2013, 04:07 AM
Would Brock have made a good captain? Hell Yeah. But the same can be said for a lot of guys. I am sure Brock wont lose any sleep over this. Brock is the general of the offense , I bet he is happy for the guys selected.

Great choices on captains btw.

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:07 AM
Not co-joined at all.
As for your question its not any of your business.Thanks for the Neg Rep PL,Ur a conceeded asshole!!!!!!!

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Would Brock have made a good captain? Hell Yeah. But the same can be said for a lot of guys. I am sure Brock wont lose any sleep over this. Brock is the general of the offense , I bet he is happy for the guys selected.

Great choices on captains btw.I agree,Just very disappointed that he doesn't get the respect that he deserves!!! Nothing More,Nothing Less

PattyBison
08-25-2013, 04:09 AM
2 PL's,the question is are they conjoined???? I don't sit on a couch thank you very much............ I find it as a slap in his face:(............. How many games as he missed as the starter??? I would like to know why he wasn't voted,thats the real question??? Nothing More,Nothing Less:facepalm:

Once again, you are out of line. I have never met 56.

I am happy to rephrase to ".....someone sitting in their house in Wisconsin." Either way, the point still stands. You are not on the team.

As for your question, the players don't need to answer to anyone.

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:13 AM
once again, you are out of line. I have never met 56.

I am happy to rephrase to ".....someone sitting in their house in wisconsin." either way, the point still stands. You are not on the team.

As for your question, the players don't need to answer to anyone.its a question,not a statement!!!!!!

56BISON73
08-25-2013, 04:16 AM
I agree,Just very disappointed that he doesn't get the respect that he deserves!!! Nothing More,Nothing Less

You are the only one saying he isnt getting respect. I will bet Brock doesnt feel that way. Your man crush is getting in the way of rational thought.

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:16 AM
Not co-joined at all.
As for your question its not any of your business.Not Co-Joined,Conjoined PL's -2 Heads,1 Asshole^^^^

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:18 AM
You are the only one saying he isnt getting respect. I will bet Brock doesnt feel that way. Your man crush is getting in the way of rational thought.Man Crush......... Nope,More like Respect All Day and Twice on Sunday............

PattyBison
08-25-2013, 04:20 AM
Not Co-Joined,Conjoined PL's -2 Heads,1 Asshole^^^^

Wow. Just wow. This comment demonstrates how little you know.

56BISON73
08-25-2013, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the Neg Rep PL,Ur a conceeded asshole!!!!!!!

Its "conceited" asshole of which I will concede that you are correct. :rofl:

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:24 AM
Wow. Just wow. This comment demonstrates how little you know.ThankYou,,,,,,, LoL

GOBISON123
08-25-2013, 04:25 AM

Football is a team sport. Its not always about any single players.

missingnumber7
08-25-2013, 04:26 AM
This is going to be epic

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:32 AM
Its not always about Brock, its about the team.I totally understand where you are coming from,but some people understand where Im coming from........ I cant win ............. Next..............

missingnumber7
08-25-2013, 04:33 AM
I totally understand where you are coming from,but some people understand where Im coming from........ I cant win ............. Next..............Who? ????

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-25-2013, 04:36 AM
The team votes for the captains and no one else. This is an internal matter that is nobody's business but the teams.

I certain Brock is OK with this. For all we know, he could have turned down the honor.

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:37 AM
As for your question its not any of your business.
Who? ????PL how many accounts do you have already.............. Who??? its not any of your business,LoL...........

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:39 AM
The team votes for the captains and no one else. This is an internal matter that is nobody's business but the teams.

I certain Brock is OK with this. For all we know, he could have turned down the honor.I can respect that,Its the best respond on this thread,ThankYou LGG......... +Rep.....

missingnumber7
08-25-2013, 04:39 AM
PL how many accounts do you have already.............. Who??? its not any of your business,LoL...........Not PL, but thanks anyway. When you have a good take on something other than Go Bison, I might intend to read it, but you come off like a 4th grader with a man crush on a college fb player.

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:42 AM
Not PL, but thanks anyway. When you have a good take on something other than Go Bison, I might intend to read it, but you come off like a 4th grader with a man crush on a college fb player.Next......................... Ur such a Dirty Douche Bag....................

MarkyMark
08-25-2013, 04:43 AM
There were some Jr.s that were captains last year, was Brock a captain in 2012?

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 04:43 AM
There were some Jr.s that were captains last year, was Brock a captain in 2012?No,4 Captains last year-2 Jrs-Cole and Grant

missingnumber7
08-25-2013, 04:52 AM
Next......................... Ur such a Dirty Douche Bag....................Does your mom know your on the internet this late at night?

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 05:01 AM
Does your mom know your on the internet this late at night?Yup,she is sitting right next to me,everywhere I go............. RIP MoM......................

HerdBot
08-25-2013, 05:09 AM
This thread is getting ugly. Justin buddy just because Brock isn't captain isn't disrespect. You can't have 11 captains and our team is loaded. Im actually glad Grothman got it because he plays a very demanding position with little or no glory. And don't confuse captain with leadership or character. Its completely different. Brock is actually better than captain. He's the friggin field general!

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 05:14 AM
This thread is getting ugly. Justin buddy just because Brock isn't captain isn't disrespect. You can't have 11 captains and our team is loaded. Im actually glad Grothman got it because he plays a very demanding position with little or no glory. And don't confuse captain with leadership or character. Its completely different. Brock is actually better than captain. He's the friggin field general!ThankYou,You and LGG gave me that answers I was hoping for......... +Rep Check

SamsRams
08-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Brock is a captain by position and he knows it. He is such a captain I wouldnt be surprised if he turned down the chance to be a captain so another leader could get the honor. Brock does not need a C on his jersey or call the coin flip to know he is the captain of the offense.

Cole and Grant on D
Lund and Bruhn on O

I believe Grothman stepped in for Bruhn when he did not dress. Can anyone else confirm that??

stevdock
08-25-2013, 12:50 PM
What do we have, 27 seniors this year?? And how many of those have started or at least played quite a bit those 3 years?? Alot of them. I was surprised Brock wasn't a captain but you really can't argue with any of those choices, especially when you have to narrow a list of 27 to 5. And yes Brock is in control of the offense, just like Grant Olson is in charge of the defense.

ISXBISON
08-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Brock is a captain by position and he knows it. He is such a captain I wouldnt be surprised if he turned down the chance to be a captain so another leader could get the honor. Brock does not need a C on his jersey or call the coin flip to know he is the captain of the offense.

Cole and Grant on D
Lund and Bruhn on O

I believe Grothman stepped in for Bruhn when he did not dress. Can anyone else confirm that??

He didn't turn it down. There wasn't an option to.

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 10:49 PM
He didn't turn it down. There wasn't an option to.Sounds like somebody knows a lil bit inside the bison lockerroom???

SamsRams
08-25-2013, 11:02 PM
He didn't turn it down. There wasn't an option to.

makes sense with 2 great seniors in Bruhn and Lund

CAS4127
08-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Jeff Bentrim wasn't a captain-->just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustinTyem
08-25-2013, 11:29 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOk, Lock it up................. Im wrong........ Sorry for my rant,still surprised but its Game Week............

natstar1
08-25-2013, 11:38 PM
This thread is getting ugly. Justin buddy just because Brock isn't captain isn't disrespect. You can't have 11 captains and our team is loaded. Im actually glad Grothman got it because he plays a very demanding position with little or no glory. And don't confuse captain with leadership or character. I agree with this.

Its completely different. Brock is actually better than captain. He's the friggin field general!
IMO being a captain is about one thing, respect. And for whatever reason Brock gets less respect than the players that were chosen.

I agree with most other posters that it seems odd he isn't a captain.

GOBISON123
08-25-2013, 11:45 PM
I agree with this.

IMO being a captain is about one thing, respect. And for whatever reason Brock gets less respect than the players that were chosen.

Okay I will officially appoint Brock as the captain of Field goal Kickers. He is the chosen one.

ISXBISON
08-25-2013, 11:53 PM
makes sense with 2 great seniors in Bruhn and Lund

I'm talking about this year.

56BISON73
08-25-2013, 11:54 PM
I agree with this.

I dont understand where this thought of less respect comes in. It has nothing to do with less respect.
Have you ever heard of the IT factor? There are certain players and people in general who have the IT factor. There are certain tangibles but a host of intangibles that for some reason these people are leaders. They lead by example and are the glue that holds it all together. You cant quantify it with playing time or the position played.
Nobody on this board knows what the relationships are behind the closed doors of the locker room. There is a reason why these captains were chosen. Dont make it out to something more thats not there.

MNLonghorn10
08-25-2013, 11:59 PM
Brock had the captain sticker, but he threw it to the other team.

North Side
08-26-2013, 12:05 AM

Amen my brother

MAKBison
08-26-2013, 12:07 AM
:fight:I think the season needs to start:duel:----quickly!!!!:biggrin:

missingnumber7
08-26-2013, 12:58 AM
I dont understand where this thought of less respect comes in. It has nothing to do with less respect.
Have you ever heard of the IT factor? There are certain players and people in general who have the IT factor. There are certain tangibles but a host of intangibles that for some reason these people are leaders. They lead by example and are the glue that holds it all together. You cant quantify it with playing time or the position played.
Nobody on this board knows what the relationships are behind the closed doors of the locker room. There is a reason why these captains were chosen. Dont make it out to something more thats not there.People who have never been in a lockerroom beyond HS wouldn't tend to understand this.

NDSU1980
08-26-2013, 01:43 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAnd Mertens was. Look how that turned out-->just sayin'.

westnodak93bison
08-26-2013, 01:00 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Did not know that. That would be a great trivia question.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

natstar1
08-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Nobody on this board knows what the relationships are behind the closed doors of the locker room. There is a reason why these captains were chosen. Dont make it out to something more thats not there.
So Brock doesn't have the "IT factor?"

56BISON73
08-26-2013, 10:19 PM
So Brock doesn't have the "IT factor?"

Guess you just dont get it.

JustinTyem
08-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Guess you just dont get it.Do you have the "IT" Factor PL,or as I refer to you as "Patty PoPo"??? Yup,you have the A$$HOLIO "IT" Factor!!!!! This commercial is pay by PL,The Diarrhea Doctor!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YShxNs61c-E

Bison"FANatic"
08-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Wow JT you may want to step away from the keyboard for a hour or two and if you got that big of problem just put him on ignore. It is a easy solution and a lot more grown up than a message board name calling fit.

JustinTyem
08-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Wow JT you may want to step away from the keyboard for a hour or two and if you got that big of problem just put him on ignore. It is a easy solution and a lot more grown up than a message board name calling fit.Im ROTFLMAO:rofl:.......... Its to easy to hit the iggy button,:biggrin: One more thing,Im doing this for a couple people that cant fight back right now.................

Bison"FANatic"
08-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Im ROTFLMAO:rofl:.......... Its to easy to hit the iggy button,:biggrin:

Your choice on the persona you want to project. Have at the name calling all you want I am sure it will have a huge effect on Pl's day. You know he is kind of a sensitive guy:facepalm:

KSBisonFan
08-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Im ROTFLMAO:rofl:.......... Its to easy to hit the iggy button,:biggrin: One more thing,Im doing this for a couple people that cant fight back right now.................

You're turning a worthy thread into a $h!t$how for somebody else? Seems about right.

56BISON73
08-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Im ROTFLMAO:rofl:.......... Its to easy to hit the iggy button,:biggrin: One more thing,Im doing this for a couple people that cant fight back right now.................

I am actually very embarrassed for you right now.

TAILG8R
08-26-2013, 11:53 PM
I am actually very embarrassed for you right now.

I was thinking the same thing.

missingnumber7
08-27-2013, 12:45 AM
I am actually very embarrassed for you right now.Does it supprise you?

56BISON73
08-27-2013, 01:05 AM
Does it supprise you?

Actually no. Not long ago he started a thread on who would be chosen for the captains. You knew what he was fishing for but for the most part everyone played along. You knew it was going to be a shit show if he wasnt chosen. But who would of thought he wouldnt be chosen? Not me. After that it was just a matter of time.

BisonFan02
08-27-2013, 03:54 AM
JustinTyem
This message is hidden because JustinTyem is on your ignore list.
View Post.
Remove user from ignore list

This is honestly a first for me on an FCS forum....but I'm sick of reading these blow ups he has online. I can appreciate the enthusiasm he has for the program (even though it is largely because of #16), but I'm over it at this point.

BisonFan02
08-27-2013, 04:01 AM
And Mertens was. Look how that turned out-->just sayin'.

No fluke either. Mertens was well liked guy on the team and still is among his former teammates. Best to leave it to the guys in the locker room who know best.

ndsubison1
08-27-2013, 06:05 AM
not surprised brock wasnt chosen

TransAmBison
08-27-2013, 03:11 PM
not surprised brock wasnt chosenOk...Alaska....what u talkin' 'bout Willis?

Comfortably Numb Bison
08-28-2013, 01:10 AM

JT why are you acting this way. I have never meet you and probably never will, but I ask you this question. Why are you bashing fellow Bison fans. I think it was you that once asked and later thanked these same people for helping you get to Fargo. But maybe I'm wrong. I myself have meet Brock on a personal basis numerous times. I believe him to be a outstanding person and it has nothing to do with what he has done on the football field.

For some reason his teammates did not vote him as a captain, get over it! I believe, like others have said Brock is over it. I'm pretty sure he is concentrating with the task at hand. Preparing for the Kittens...

JustinTyem
08-28-2013, 02:18 AM
JT why are you acting this way. I have never meet you and probably never will, but I ask you this question. Why are you bashing fellow Bison fans. I think it was you that once asked and later thanked these same people for helping you get to Fargo. But maybe I'm wrong. I myself have meet Brock on a personal basis numerous times. I believe him to be a outstanding person and it has nothing to do with what he has done on the football field.

For some reason his teammates did not vote him as a captain, get over it! I believe, like others have said Brock is over it. I'm pretty sure he is concentrating with the task at hand. Preparing for the Kittens...There are only a couple people that Im Bashing on,and its for a good reason. Nothing More,Nothing Less. Almost every other Bison Family member I have found to be some of the "BEST" people I have ever met in my life,so don't take the bashing as a common feeling. So CNB Im sorry If I have offended you. This started as a simple question,that someone changed it as a Wisconsin man sitting on his couch with a Man Crush statement. Once again,Nothing More,Nothing Less............. Don't read outside the lines.......... Some people like making me look like something Im not............... Fake , and a Bandwagoner. I take that personal , so there is only one way I can get back at those............... Otherwise I would walk right up to their face and punch them right in their piehole from which they make the wordly crush crap....... Does this make any sense this to you??? Since my stroke, sometimes I don't type the things that have gone through my mind,instead I lose half of the comment and type a half-ass sentence and those few people makes me look like a Baffoon,there for I get very pissy............

56BISON73
08-28-2013, 05:39 AM
There are only a couple people that Im Bashing on,and its for a good reason. Nothing More,Nothing Less. Almost every other Bison Family member I have found to be some of the "BEST" people I have ever met in my life,so don't take the bashing as a common feeling. So CNB Im sorry If I have offended you. This started as a simple question,that someone changed it as a Wisconsin man sitting on his couch with a Man Crush statement. Once again,Nothing More,Nothing Less............. Don't read outside the lines.......... Some people like making me look like something Im not............... Fake , and a Bandwagoner. I take that personal , so there is only one way I can get back at those............... Otherwise I would walk right up to their face and punch them right in their piehole from which they make the wordly crush crap....... Does this make any sense this to you??? Since my stroke, sometimes I don't type the things that have gone through my mind,instead I lose half of the comment and type a half-ass sentence and those few people makes me look like a Baffoon,there for I get very pissy............

You took it personally when Brock didnt make captain. You then made an ass out of yourself by going off on a rant that would have embarrassed Brock had he known someone was acting the way you did about him. But its someone elses fault? I find it sad that you blame others for your poor behavior.

aces1180
09-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Think anybody gives a crap that BJ is not a captain now? A field general ranks much higher in my eyes!

AKBison
09-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Jeff Bentrim wasn't a captain-->just saying

This should have been the end of the thread...

JustinTyem
09-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Think anybody gives a crap that BJ is not a captain now? A field general ranks much higher in my eyes!Can we lock this up already like I asked earlier in the thread. Its Done,you just like dragging it on............ Now its on you,not me.......... I did my time,and appoligize to the one I needed to..................

aces1180
09-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Can we lock this up already like I asked earlier in the thread. Its Done,you just like dragging it on............ Now its on you,not me.......... I did my time,and appoligize to the one I needed to..................

It wasn't intended for you nor did a mention your name in the post...

It was a compliment towards Brock, not a dismissal of anyone else's comments.

JustinTyem
09-01-2013, 07:20 PM
It wasn't intended for you nor did a mention your name in the post...

It was a compliment towards Brock, not a dismissal of anyone else's comments.Ok,I hope so................ It will go down as one of my happiest games I have ever watched in the world of sports................

BisonNation11
02-11-2014, 04:59 PM
So I was looking at some pictures that Signarama posted on Facebook of all the new signage they had to put up around the dome thanks to the MVFC championship and the National Championship. Is Andrew Grothman the only FB to ever be a team captain?

td577
02-12-2014, 02:02 AM
So I was looking at some pictures that Signarama posted on Facebook of all the new signage they had to put up around the dome thanks to the MVFC championship and the National Championship. Is Andrew Grothman the only FB to ever be a team captain?

I can't believe I totally missed this thread a few months ago.