PDA

View Full Version : The official NDSU @ Kansas State game prediction thread

Pages : [1] 2

MNLonghorn10
08-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Ive watched game film with my crew closely on both teams. Ive talked to several sources on each side telling me what their game plans will be and how they plan on countering the opponents plan.

KState has the proverbial advantage of being at home, having more players that have scholarships, talent etc.

NDSU has experience and wont be in awe of the atmosphere at BSF Stadium.

after talking to my guys, ive come up with my prediction to the game..

KState Wildcats 52

NDSU Bison 10

CaBisonFan
08-21-2013, 11:48 PM
27-24...Bison

No_Skill
08-21-2013, 11:56 PM
NDSU wins by > 17 = 0%
NDSU wins by < 17 = 20%
KSU wins by < 17 = 65%
KSU wins by > 17 = 15%

We'll be there to witness the 20% win :-D

thebootfitter
08-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Da Bison: 20
Da Cats: 19

Last second blocked field goal. Close game. Both teams play their hearts out. Could go either way until the final seconds.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
08-22-2013, 12:09 AM
Bison- 27
Pussycats- 21

BadlandsBison
08-22-2013, 12:43 AM
If Snyder plays QB and punt returner, Bison lose by 50+

BisonNeil
08-22-2013, 01:28 AM
I have been traveling so I did not completely peruse this site, however, a quick look did not reveal any mention of this rather important note made during the Kansas State football fan day. Cornelius Lucas (Sr), last years starting behmough LT, and starting WR Torrell Miller (Sr) were not at fan day. In their place, Cody Whitehair was introduced as the LT and another player as a starting WR in three WR sets.

http://themercury.com/articles/wildcats-give-fans-a-preview

I think this is huge! Lucas is 6'9" and 328 lbs, started two previous years and was picked pre-season all Big-12. Whitehead is a 6'4" 304 So. I like Emanuel's chances against him moreso than Lucas.

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cornelius_lucas_704389.html

Do this roster changes play a role in anyone's score prediction?

KSBisonFan
08-22-2013, 01:36 AM
I have been traveling so I did not completely peruse this site, however, a quick look did not reveal any mention of this rather important note made during the Kansas State football fan day. Cornelius Lucas (Sr), last years starting behmough LT, and starting WR Torrell Miller (Sr) were not at fan day. In their place, Cody Whitehair was introduced as the LT and another player as a starting WR in three WR sets.

I think this is huge! Lucas is 6'9" and 328 lbs, started two previous years and was picked pre-season all Big-12. Whitehead is a 6'4" 304 So. I like Emanuel's chances against him moreso than Lucas.

It's now 53-10? Lucas and Miller are both on the roster. Maybe they are in Snyder's doghouse.

17>1
08-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Bison 27
KSU 17

Hang on to the ball, keep the clock running, and it's CSU all over again. Go Bison!!

BisoninNWMN
08-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Bison 24-20

dewey
08-22-2013, 01:53 AM
NDSU 31
KSU - 24

As long as the Bison win I honestly don't care about the score:)

Dewey

gumby013
08-22-2013, 02:03 AM
Bison - 33

Unspecific Feral Kitties - 10

GOBISON123
08-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Bison 20
K-State 17

We just have to play perfect D and a win is garentted.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-22-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm still waiting for JBB to finish his analysis. :biggrin:

KSUfanPittSUalum
08-22-2013, 02:30 AM

Lucas is at practice. He was absent at fan day due to unspecified family issues.
http://www.kansas.com/2013/08/20/2953581/kansas-state-offensive-line-no.html

1998braves64
08-22-2013, 03:28 AM
23-17 Bison
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

aces1180
08-22-2013, 03:29 AM
27 - 23 Kansas State

KilldeerBison
08-22-2013, 03:43 AM
Bison up at the half 17 - 14. NDSU wins; 27 - 21.

SDbison
08-22-2013, 03:46 AM
27 - 23 Kansas State no balls! Bison win by 13...........30-17

SamsRams
08-22-2013, 05:24 AM
33-13 NDSU dominates

ndsubison1
08-22-2013, 05:40 AM
27-24...Bison

read my mind CA. reps

DjKyRo
08-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Bison will score more than people expect on a rebuilding KSU defense. Ojuri and Crockett are going to have some good games as each breaks 100 yards. Not many big plays for the Bison on offense but enough nickle and diming to control the clock and score points. Biggest task is for the defense to do its job and contain that explosive offense, particularly Hubert.

NDSU 34
KSU 24

reformedUNDfan
08-22-2013, 08:25 AM
34-13 NDSU, and we find out that NDSU has an elite offense to go with its elite defense.

SamsRams
08-22-2013, 08:45 AM
34-13 NDSU, and we find out that NDSU has an elite offense to go with its elite defense.

you really gotta Price is Right me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQv__5X7ic

Bisonator98
08-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Bison roll 31-20!

IzzyFlexion
08-22-2013, 12:56 PM
you really gotta Price is Right me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQv__5X7ic

Those types are everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqTTcthyHco

tcbison
08-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Bison win 24-16.

tmcats
08-22-2013, 02:24 PM
being consistent = 31-17 cats. speed and half time adjustments by the wizard are too much for the bison in the second following a too close for comfort halftime break.

TAILG8R
08-22-2013, 02:28 PM
24-17 Bison. Endurance and half time adjustments by Bohl are too much for the cats in the second after half closes too close for comfort.

BisonNation11
08-22-2013, 02:40 PM
being consistent = 31-17 cats. speed and half time adjustments by the wizard are too much for the bison in the second following a too close for comfort halftime break.

God I love that argument!

tmcats
08-22-2013, 02:43 PM
God I love that argument!

not an argument - just a prediction based on observations over the years.

EricB
08-22-2013, 02:56 PM
I am going with 65-3 K-State

WYOBISONMAN
08-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I gotta be a realist on this, KSTate by 10. I will be cheering for the upset!

TAILG8R
08-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I am going with 65-3 K-State

Won't you be disappointed.

Professor Chaos
08-22-2013, 02:58 PM
NDSU 27, KSU 19. Half the internet is consumed by the flames coming out of the K State message boards.

bisonsupporter
08-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Mwill has a KO return and a pick 6. Bison defense steps up on the last drive by not allowing KSU to get into GW FG position. Bison pull it off 24-23.

Kansas State U
08-22-2013, 03:21 PM
KSU 31
NDSU 10

KSU fans as well as anyone outside the State of North Dakota quickly forget about the Bison. Meanwhile, Travis Beck parties in Aggieville after the game....gets drunk but manages to control his temper based on the fantastic post-game atmosphere.

After the game, Coach Snyder states, "North Dakota State has a fine program and some fine young athletes. It's unfortunate the school is coached by a bald-headed troll......can't recall his name.....who was also a deciple of Tom Osborne. Were that not the case, I would have taken my foot off their throat around the start of the 4th quarter. Overall, however, a solid unit that would compete well in the KJCCC."

Bison 4 Life
08-22-2013, 03:27 PM

This isn't Missouri State we're talking about. Think more like a 10x better Eastern Kentucky.

DePereBisonFan
08-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Last night I had a dream that the Bison fell behind 28-0 by the second quarter, so in my dream I decided to take a nap. When I woke up from the nap in my dream, someone told me to turn the game back on. I did, it was the third quarter and the Bison were winning 763 to 471.

In short, I think we'll be behind early, and then somehow storm back to the lead, even while allowing a lot of points in the meantime.

bisononce
08-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Kansas State U
"deciple" on Tom Osborne?? Is that your KU education? Really makes us want to take a long, hard look at your thoughtful, reasoned post. Give us more..

moosbah
08-22-2013, 03:54 PM
31-21 Cats.

Kansas State U
08-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Kansas State U
"deciple" on Tom Osborne?? Is that your KU education? Really makes us want to take a long, hard look at your thoughtful, reasoned post. Give us more..

whoops...thanks message board grammar police. Majored in Finance, not English. BTW, how's that working out for you?

Bison 4 Life
08-22-2013, 04:05 PM
whoops...thanks message board grammar police. Majored in Finance, not English. BTW, how's that working out for you?

If you're going to come over to our board and be a dipshit, you better make sure you spell correctly.

bri-dog
08-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah, it makes it easier for us to "discipher" your posts...:duel:

runtheoption
08-22-2013, 04:32 PM
NDSU - 79
Toto College Flying Monkeys - 0

1st, there will be a pre-game ceremony where the Toto College AD awards Courage Medals to Messieurs Taylor and Bohl, for stepping up as a lowly, FCS program and playing a fellow land-grant that has 723 more scholarships, crazy speed, LHOF Coach Bill "Nuts on the Ground" Snyder, and the newly minted nickname "Titletown". Snyder is on the sideline hiding behind a curtain, cranking on valves and pulling ropes.

2nd, the game is boring. Jensen throws for 59 yards while rushing for 172. Crockett and Ojuri both go over 200 yards. Chase Morlock's 1st carry goes for a 99 yard TD, which is called back because the NDSU o-line "hit the opposing team too hard. Half the distance to the goal. Replay 1st down." He then runs for a 99 1/2 yard TD on the next play. KSU repeatedly gets inside the NDSU 25 yard line, with every single member of the Bison FG block unit recording a blocked kick. Beck beats the sh*t out of all their running backs (in self-defense).

3rd, tmcats starts 93 more threads before Halloween, mocking Gabe's thread starting abilities. It's a travashamockery.

4th, lakesbison sets up a tailgate spot right outside Nuts on The Ground Stadium. They are amazed by his skanks, ability to make it rain, and avoid the authorities. They adopt him as their own and rename him "flinthillsflyingmonkey".

5th, SDBison goes thermonuclear on any and all Toto College fans that dared to doubt NDSU, and chest bumps them all to Missouri. Missourians are outraged, especially Tatanka.

6th, an unemployed Herd Mentality is so upset that he could not travel to Salina...I mean Lawrence, for this game, that he throws his 13 inch black and white TV out the window after the final whistle.

7th, slick, PL, lakes, 4mcrue/loudsilverado, samsrams, gabe, 344johnson, Burgundy, unbison and anyone else that seems to be always getting into internet pee-pee measuring contests will finally, once and for all, kiss and make-up after this game. CABison wept.

8th, CAS, TAB, AG and Rock try to mess with my house in the week leading up to the game, and find themselves on the business end of 16 gallon keg of beer. I drive CAS's Yamaha, or whatever it is, 20 feet before promptly driving it into a neighbors tree. CAS debates with himself which National Championship team he played on is better, making AG's head explode.

Last, Moosbah has no idea what any of this means. He burns down Tatemosersneighbor's house. BisonTeacher got something in the mail.

Bison 4 Life
08-22-2013, 04:34 PM
NDSU - 79

1st, there will be a pre-game ceremony where the Toto College AD awards Courage Medals to Messieurs Taylor and Bohl, for stepping up as a lowly, FCS program and playing a fellow land-grant that has 723 more scholarships, crazy speed, LHOF Coach Bill "Nuts on the Ground" Snyder, and the newly minted nickname "Titletown". Snyder is on the sideline hiding behind a curtain, cranking on valves and pulling ropes.

2nd, the game is boring. Jensen throws for 59 yards while rushing for 172. Crockett and Ojuri both go over 200 yards. Chase Morlock's 1st carry goes for a 99 yard TD, which is called back because the NDSU o-line "hit the opposing team too hard. Half the distance to the goal. Replay 1st down." He then runs for a 99 1/2 yard TD on the next play. KSU repeatedly gets inside the NDSU 25 yard line, with every single member of the Bison FG block unit recording a blocked kick. Beck beats the sh*t out of all their running backs (in self-defense).

3rd, tmcats starts 93 more threads before Halloween, mocking Gabe's thread starting abilities. It's a travashamockery.

4th, lakesbison sets up a tailgate spot right outside Nuts on The Ground Stadium. They are amazed by his skanks, ability to make it rain, and avoid the authorities. They adopt him as their own and rename him "flinthillsflyingmonkey".

5th, SDBison goes thermonuclear on any and all Toto College fans that dared to doubt NDSU, and chest bumps them all to Missouri. Missourians are outraged, especially Tatanka.

6th, an unemployed Herd Mentality is so upset that he could not travel to Salina...I mean Lawrence, for this game, that he throws his 13 inch black and white TV out the window after the final whistle.

7th, slick, PL, lakes, 4mcrue/loudsilverado, samsrams, gabe, 344johnson, Burgundy, unbison and anyone else that seems to be always getting into internet pee-pee measuring contests will finally, once and for all, kiss and make-up after this game. CABison wept.

8th, CAS, TAB, AG and Rock try to mess with my house in the week leading up to the game, and find themselves on the business end of 16 gallon keg of beer. I drive CAS's Yamaha, or whatever it is, 20 feet before promptly driving it into a neighbors tree. CAS debates with himself which National Championship team he played on is better, making AG's head explode.

Last, Moosbah has no idea what any of this means. He burns down Tatemosersneighbor's house. BisonTeacher got something in the mail.

It's like you're clairvoyant!

KilldeerBison
08-22-2013, 04:48 PM
NDSU - 79

runtheoption for president! Especially like the score prediction and the image of Snyder "nuts on the ground" cranking valves and pulling ropes behind a sideline curtain. FUNNY!

tmcats
08-22-2013, 05:02 PM
runtheoption for president! Especially like the score prediction and the image of Snyder "nuts on the ground" cranking valves and pulling ropes behind a sideline curtain. FUNNY!

love it - creative writing rules ndsu. :hide:

Mayville Bison
08-22-2013, 06:09 PM
NDSU - 79

So much epic-ness in this post!

runtheoption for president!

KilldeerBison
08-22-2013, 06:13 PM

tmcats' (Toto College Flying Monkey) butthurt, makes it even funnier!! Great to be a Bison.

bisononce
08-22-2013, 07:01 PM

English major working out fine for me; served me well in career. Thank you very much for asking. But how did you know? Disciple of Edgar Cayce??

Got a prediction for you. 24-10 Talking heads will be saying after the game, "who are these guys?" and "...the new Boise State."

westnodak93bison
08-22-2013, 07:21 PM

So they do speed at half time?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

gotts
08-22-2013, 07:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dym8RU4U3o

Hammerhead
08-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Ndsu 24
ksu 17

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-22-2013, 07:50 PM
So they do speed at half time?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm surprised no one else caught that. Props to you.

gumby013
08-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Southern Speed?

Northern Speed?

No.

Middle Speed.

westnodak93bison
08-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Southern Speed?

Northern Speed?

No.

Middle Speed.

Mid continent speed

344Johnson
08-22-2013, 08:28 PM
NDSU 27
K-State 23

I get very frustrated when on a drive late in the 3rd quarter where K-State moves the ball very easily.

CarringtonBison
08-22-2013, 08:38 PM
good guys31
bad guys 28.

Tied up at 17 going into the half. They score a TD on first possession and we clamp down after that. Cannot completely stop them but do contain with adjustments.

Kansas State U
08-22-2013, 09:02 PM
English major working out fine for me; served me well in career. Thank you very much for asking. But how did you know? Disciple of Edgar Cayce??

Got a prediction for you. 24-10 Talking heads will be saying after the game, "who are these guys?" and "...the new Boise State."

Actually, pretty simple. Figured you to be an insufferable bore that would take great pleasure in pointing out foibles on a sports message board. Turns out I was right.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2821933

BisonNation11
08-22-2013, 09:03 PM
good guys31
bad guys 28.

Tied up at 17 going into the half. They score a TD on first possession and we clamp down after that. Cannot completely stop them but do contain with adjustments.

From what I quickly researched, I believe the defense only gave up TD's in the 2nd half in 5 games. 1 was mop up duty early in the season against PV, the UNI game (1 with 24 seconds left in the game), Misery St., SDSU Round 1(game was basically in hand) and Georgia So. All were given up with a lead. I don't care who we're playing, I'm saying odds are they aren't scoring on the their first possession in the 3rd. The coaches have a knack for making half time adjustments to shut people down.

onbison09
08-22-2013, 09:21 PM
KSU 31
NDSU 10

KSU fans as well as anyone outside the State of North Dakota quickly forget about the Bison. Meanwhile, Travis Beck parties in Aggieville after the game....gets drunk but manages to control his temper based on the fantastic post-game atmosphere.

After the game, Coach Snyder states, "North Dakota State has a fine program and some fine young athletes. It's unfortunate the school is coached by a bald-headed troll......can't recall his name.....who was also a deciple of Tom Osborne. Were that not the case, I would have taken my foot off their throat around the start of the 4th quarter. Overall, however, a solid unit that would compete well in the KJCCC."

If you're gonna bring some smack, at least make it good

SamsRams
08-22-2013, 10:34 PM
good guys31
bad guys 28.

Are they gonna convert the 2 pt conversion after the 2nd half TD and a FG or they get two safeties after that TD??

Rockbear99
08-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Here is my prediction The Bison will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg7X5_K7LhE

56BISON73
08-23-2013, 12:27 AM
Here is my prediction The Bison will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg7X5_K7LhE

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Mrs PL liked it as well.

HerdBot
08-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Bison win a close one 13-10. First half has 4 possessions total and Bison lead at half 6-3

westnodak93bison
08-23-2013, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=Kansas State U;754234]KSU 31
NDSU 10

KSU fans sob. Meanwhile, Travis Beck parties in Aggieville after the game....gets drunk, two smart ass cat fans back him into an alley and only Beck walks out.

After the game, Coach Snyder states, "North Dakota State has a fine program and some fine young athletes. It's unfortunate we didn't win. No way we can play for the naty this year cause we don't have a play off. Looks like I'll be coaching into my 80's searching for a real championship. And don't mess with that Beck kid."

Fixed it for you

westnodak93bison
08-23-2013, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE=Kansas State U;754234]KSU 10
NDSU 31

KSU fans sob. Meanwhile, Travis Beck parties in Aggieville after the game....gets drunk, two smart ass cat fans back him into an alley and only Beck walks out.

After the game, Coach Snyder states, "North Dakota State has a fine program and some fine young athletes. It's unfortunate we didn't win. Not sure what happened. I had to go to the locker room to change my diaper midway through the 3rd then took a nap. No way we can play for the naty this year cause we don't have a play off. Looks like I'll be coaching into my 80's searching for a real championship. And don't mess with that Beck kid."

Fixed it for you

Kansas State U
08-23-2013, 02:05 AM
[QUOTE=Kansas State U;754234]KSU 31
NDSU 10

After the game, Coach Snyder states, "North Dakota State has a fine program and some fine young athletes. It's unfortunate we didn't win. No way we can play for the naty this year cause we don't have a play off. Looks like I'll be coaching into my 80's searching for a real championship. And don't mess with that Beck kid."

Fixed it for you

I'll take that......21 point victory is what I predicted as well.

westnodak93bison
08-23-2013, 02:18 AM
[QUOTE=westnodak93bison;754434]

I'll take that......21 point victory is what I predicted as well.

Revised

KSTATER
08-23-2013, 02:40 AM
KSU 45, NDSU 17. Close first qrtr, big plays (passing and special teams) break it open in second half. Position depth and broader talent takes it toll in the heat. Crowd plays a significant roll in disrupting Bisons game flow. Yes, I'm biased. Thoroughly enjoying the fan banter.

CarringtonBison
08-23-2013, 02:46 AM
Are they gonna convert the 2 pt conversion after the 2nd half TD and a FG or they get two safeties after that TD??
Yep, up by 11 late in the game and they score late, convert the 2pt conversion to make it interesting to bring within three. We convert a first down late to seal it.

NDSU1980
08-23-2013, 03:46 AM
24-23 Bison.

ndsubison1
08-23-2013, 04:22 AM
KSU 45, NDSU 17. Close first qrtr, big plays (passing and special teams) break it open in second half. Position depth and broader talent takes it toll in the heat. Crowd plays a significant roll in disrupting Bisons game flow. Yes, I'm biased. Thoroughly enjoying the fan banter.

You're not scoring over 35.

Bookie Pimp
08-23-2013, 04:27 AM
You're not scoring over 35.

If a team total was offered on KSU at 35, I would HAMMER the OVER... A complete no brainer; and yes, I'm well familiar with your team.

Watched all 3 playoff games last year and went to the FCS CG in my backyard.

ndsubison1
08-23-2013, 05:05 AM
If a team total was offered on KSU at 35, I would HAMMER the OVER... A complete no brainer; and yes, I'm well familiar with your team.

A no brainer? Haven't given up over 30 since 2010. Our defense is very good at not giving up big plays. Clearly you are not familiar with us

Bookie Pimp
08-23-2013, 05:30 AM
A no brainer? Haven't given up over 30 since 2010. Our defense is very good at not giving up big plays. Clearly you are not familiar with us

If GSU had a QB capable of throwing a forward pass, they woulda hung at least 30. And, if memory serves me, the Eagles broke quite a few runs of 10-15+ with FCS level talent.

Our offense is capable of ripping off huge chunks of real estate vs teams like OU, UT, and TCU. Therefore, I like our chances to do the same a week from today.

Good luck. Looking forward to an exciting game.

thebootfitter
08-23-2013, 07:18 AM
If GSU had a QB capable of throwing a forward pass, they woulda hung at least 30. And, if memory serves me, the Eagles broke quite a few runs of 10-15+ with FCS level talent.

Have you seen any of GSU's games against top level FBS talent? They were down only 24-14 at the half and were able to run up over 300 yards against Alabama in 2011. Yes, Alabama. The top FBS defense in the nation. And the 2012 GSU team was very arguably better and faster than the 2011 team.

On August 30th, I think you'll find that there is no such thing as "FCS level talent" on the elite FCS teams.

I think you nailed it with your last comment, though. It should be a very exciting game.

IzzyFlexion
08-23-2013, 10:43 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9VkOwZ-H_h8/TzEdzQroTeI/AAAAAAAAIBs/CZKoUnsKEbQ/s640/shocked-husky-62.jpg

OK.....Serious question.......would you put money on K-State minus 28 and if so, how much?

IzzyFlexion
08-23-2013, 11:07 AM
If GSU had a QB capable of throwing a forward pass, they woulda hung at least 30. And, if memory serves me, the Eagles broke quite a few runs of 10-15+ with FCS level talent.Our offense is capable of ripping off huge chunks of real estate vs teams like OU, UT, and TCU. Therefore, I like our chances to do the same a week from today.

Bookie..........let me inject a little reality into your FCS Championship Game memory:

Sam Houston's ground game that day:

Had runs of:

minus 9 (sack)
15 (Richard Sincere's and team's longest run of the day)
minus 5
minus 1
minus 1
minus 6
11 (Flanders long of the day)

TOTAL: 38 rushing attempts for a net 116 yards (an average of 3.1 ypc)

Why would you just grab numbers/information out of the air?

Gully
08-23-2013, 11:20 AM
26-16 KSU. No blowout in this game and in doubt until the end.

MNLonghorn10
08-23-2013, 12:14 PM

Our offense is capable of ripping off huge chunks of real estate vs teams like OU, UT, and TCU. Therefore, I like our chances to do the same a week from today.

Dont feel threatened guys....he mentioned UT's defense.....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/576/060/TreyMillardLeap_original.gif?1350149162

Tatanka
08-23-2013, 12:41 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/576/060/TreyMillardLeap_original.gif?1350149162

wow. Subtract a couple of guys in white from that picture and that's a dead ringer for uN_

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

BisonNation11
08-23-2013, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=Tatanka;754545]wow. Subtract a couple of guys in white from that picture and that's a dead ringer for uN_QUOTE]

Just change the jersey colors from white to black and I think it's spot on. Looks to be a 1st/2nd/3rd & 10 and no one touches the guy for the first 15+ yards. Typical un_ies.

Mayville Bison
08-23-2013, 01:42 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but an entire Oline and running back returning should mean you are running the ball often. If the clock is always running, I wouldn't be "hammering the over".

Unless you think you will be passing because you are behind early? Oh I get it, good call!

IzzyFlexion
08-23-2013, 01:48 PM

One could make the argument that had this gentlemen been on the field that afternoon for the Horns, that play may have ended right at about the 40 yard line.

Now, just to Daniel Eaves' right is either the football or the shit that Heagle just knocked out of the ball carrier.

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/640/NM/NMLJHRHNVORIZMK.20101101012411.jpg

Bookie Pimp
08-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but an entire Oline and running back returning should mean you are running the ball often. If the clock is always running, I wouldn't be "hammering the over".

Unless you think you will be passing because you are behind early? Oh I get it, good call!

Yeah, it should... Shouldn't it.

:biggrin:

bisoningrandforks
08-23-2013, 02:44 PM
kitty cats....27......bison....17.............I don't mind being wrong!

SDbison
08-23-2013, 03:05 PM
kitty cats....27......bison....17.............I don't mind being wrong! You know, it's OK to pick the Bison.

thebootfitter
08-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Bookie..........let me inject a little reality into your FCS Championship Game memory:

Good stats, Izzy, but he was talking about the GSU game. Not SHSU. I know we held GSU to below their season averages. Too lazy to look up the stats though.

344Johnson
08-23-2013, 03:33 PM

Also mentioned the vaunted Oklahoma defense...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt7H1925nvY

IzzyFlexion
08-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Good stats, Izzy, but he was talking about the GSU game. Not SHSU. I know we held GSU to below their season averages. Too lazy to look up the stats though.

wait..........................what?............... .....you sure.????..........................fuck!

TAILG8R
08-23-2013, 03:44 PM

Good coaches game plan to stop the other teams strength(s), knowing a team can't throw a forward pass worth a shit you can concentrate on the run game let them try to put the ball in the air.

Plus GSU averaged just over 399 yds rushing per game last year, we held them to 271(that's 68%, damn near a failing score). They had 271 yds on 55 carries, 55! Also held them to half of their season average rushing TDs per game.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-23-2013, 06:27 PM

First off, the triple option is very tough to defend against, no matter the level of play. Secondly, when comparing GSU's season averages, we did better than the rest of their competition. Thirdly, we had just come off a game the week earlier against an equally tough option team that played a brutal game of smash mouth football. No other way to say it, our D was a little gimpy coming into that GSU game. GSU's opponent the week before didn't play defense, and their offense threw the ball damned near every down. GSU, on both sides of the ball, was in a lot better shape coming into that game than we were.

See, that is the difficult part of a playoff system. You have to bring your A game 3, possibly 4, weeks straight and the competition only gets tougher each week. We never had the luxury of having a month off to prepare for GSU like we did SHSU. If we had met up with GSU in the natty, we would have won handily.

The beauty of this game with KSU is that we have had a whole summer to rest and prepare. We will be at full strength (minus Perry on D line) as will you guys. I think you will see a much better D from us on Friday than you did last year against GSU. Looking forward to the game.

Bookie Pimp
08-23-2013, 07:31 PM
First off, the triple option is very tough to defend against, no matter the level of play. Secondly, when comparing GSU's season averages, we did better than the rest of their competition. Thirdly, we had just come off a game the week earlier against an equally tough option team that played a brutal game of smash mouth football. No other way to say it, our D was a little gimpy coming into that GSU game. GSU's opponent the week before didn't play defense, and their offense threw the ball damned near every down. GSU, on both sides of the ball, was in a lot better shape coming into that game than we were.

See, that is the difficult part of a playoff system. You have to bring your A game 3, possibly 4, weeks straight and the competition only gets tougher each week. We never had the luxury of having a month off to prepare for GSU like we did SHSU. If we had met up with GSU in the natty, we would have won handily.

The beauty of this game with KSU is that we have had a whole summer to rest and prepare. We will be at full strength (minus Perry on D line) as will you guys. I think you will see a much better D from us on Friday than you did last year against GSU. Looking forward to the game.

I'll respectfully disagree here. I studied both teams pretty in depth pregame (for wagering purposes) and remain of the belief that GSU would've won that game on a neutral field. Y'all made plays when you had to, however the Fargodome, travel, crowd factor, etc. all played into you winning a game against what I felt to be a better overall unit at the time.

Plus, I was at the game in Frisco and Sammie was tied with y'all at half in a dead even game... Although your defense played well and rattled their QB, if the kid doesn't throw three picks in 2H that game could've gone either way. In fact, having re-watched the game recently, the outcome could've been dramatically different if not for the phantom holding call on the SHSU OL when Flanders went 45-50 yds to score early 3Q. So, I beg to differ that it was preparation so much as y'all just outplayed them after that key momentum swing... Again, one man's opinion and at the end of the day, you got the hardware despite the means.

Conversely, the difficult part of playing in the Big 12 is that you have to bring your A-game 8 of 9 weeks (ku is basically a freebie) and just one hiccup knocks you out of the running. Imagine if your season was basically over when you lost to Indiana State and I think you'll understand. I've been looking forward to this game since January as well and also looking forward to seeing the great people we met in Frisco from North Dakota that we are hosting in Manhattan next week.

Good luck and safe travels.

Professor Chaos
08-23-2013, 07:41 PM
I was at the game in Frisco and Sammie was tied with y'all at half in a dead even game... Although your defense played well and rattled their QB, if the kid doesn't throw three picks in 2H that game could've gone either way. In fact, having re-watched the game recently, the outcome could've been dramatically different if not for the phantom holding call on the SHSU OL when Flanders went 45-50 yds to score early 3Q. So, I beg to differ that it was preparation so much as y'all just outplayed them after that key momentum swing... Again, one man's opinion and at the end of the day, you got the hardware despite the means.
First off, it wasn't a phantom holding call it was legit it just had no bearing on the outcome of the play thus it was a stupid mistake to make and arguably a silly flag to throw. Secondly, Sam Houston's only TD drive was sustained by a phantom defensive holding penalty that negated an interception so that was a wash at the least with the 2nd half TD called back. Lastly, Bell throwing three 2nd half picks had no bearing on the fact that NDSU racked up 300 yards rushing at 6.7 yards per clip. That contributed to the blowout just as much as the turnovers did.

TAILG8R
08-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I'll respectfully disagree here. I studied both teams pretty in depth pregame (for wagering purposes) and remain of the belief that GSU would've won that game on a neutral field. Y'all made plays when you had to, however the Fargodome, travel, crowd factor, etc. all played into you winning a game against what I felt to be a better overall unit at the time.

Plus, I was at the game in Frisco and Sammie was tied with y'all at half in a dead even game... Although your defense played well and rattled their QB, 1) if the kid doesn't throw three picks in 2H that game could've gone either way. In fact, having re-watched the game recently, the outcome could've been dramatically different if not for the phantom holding call on the SHSU OL when Flanders went 45-50 yds to score early 3Q. So, I beg to differ that it was preparation so much as y'all just outplayed them after that key momentum swing... Again, one man's opinion and at the end of the day, you got the hardware despite the means.

Conversely, the difficult part of playing in the Big 12 is that 2) you have to bring your A-game 8 of 9 weeks (ku is basically a freebie) and just one hiccup knocks you out of the running. Imagine if your season was basically over when you lost to Indiana State and I think you'll understand. I've been looking forward to this game since January as well and also looking forward to seeing the great people we met in Frisco from North Dakota that we are hosting in Manhattan next week.

1) If we would have scored less points we would have lost. If our top two running backs would have broken their legs the game would have been different. If They would have completed 100% of their passes we would have lost. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

2) So you know what it's like to play in the MVFC, bring your A game every week or you will get beat. Just look at the two losses NDSU has had over the past two seasons.

SafeTeeJ
08-23-2013, 07:54 PM
23-21 KSU. Bison lose due to winning drive that is stopped by a biased zebra. Maybe something in the lines of a fumble after our QB hits the ground.

kingbison
08-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Here's my prediction

Bookie Pimp
08-23-2013, 08:05 PM
First off, it wasn't a phantom holding call it was legit it just had no bearing on the outcome of the play thus it was a stupid mistake to make and arguably a silly flag to throw. Secondly, Sam Houston's only TD drive was sustained by a phantom defensive holding penalty that negated an interception so that was a wash at the least with the 2nd half TD called back. Lastly, Bell throwing three 2nd half picks had no bearing on the fact that NDSU racked up 300 yards rushing at 6.7 yards per clip. That contributed to the blowout just as much as the turnovers did.

We'll have to agree to disagree on these two points. I have/had no skin in that game, just a neutral third party fan that went with some Bison fans I'd met the year before at the game, and have since re-watched that game a couple times since on ESPN replays.

I've already conceded that y'all outplayed them after the HUGE momentum swing in early 3Q, but I stand by the fact that the big OT from Sammie got his hands inside and simply pancaked a DL. The "jersey tug" during the route on the interception you referenced MUST be called, even though I'll grant you that the throw was HORRIBLE and would've likely been picked off anyway.

It's all part of the game... Congrats on the great win and good luck next week.

Safe travels.

jimmyptubas
08-23-2013, 08:11 PM
1-0 Bisons

bisonboone11
08-23-2013, 09:15 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree on these two points. I have/had no skin in that game, just a neutral third party fan that went with some Bison fans I'd met the year before at the game, and have since re-watched that game a couple times since on ESPN replays.

I've already conceded that y'all outplayed them after the HUGE momentum swing in early 3Q, but I stand by the fact that the big OT from Sammie got his hands inside and simply pancaked a DL. The "jersey tug" during the route on the interception you referenced MUST be called, even though I'll grant you that the throw was HORRIBLE and would've likely been picked off anyway.

Safe travels.
His hand doesn't look inside on this picture. I realize that it wasn't going to affect the play, but the hand is definitely outside the shoulder.

(Sorry, I'm not sure how to make the picture larger, but if you click on it, you should be able to see.)

ndsubison1
08-23-2013, 09:35 PM

With Colin Klein. Not to mention Gsu is triple option so we were focused on that. Not their passing

NodakGreg
08-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Hey 10-1,
That is it. Nothing else needs to be said. Just do that and we win. 1 10 minute drive per qtr should do it. Wish it was that easy. But that is the simply formula an Coach Bohl knows it. Smother them with time of possession on offense and let the D pin back their horns and get after that Wildcat QB.

ndsubison1
08-23-2013, 09:48 PM

Safe travels.

You get your hands on the outside of the shoulder pads they're gonna call it everytime

BadlandsBison
08-23-2013, 09:51 PM
His hand doesn't look inside on this picture. I realize that it wasn't going to affect the play, but the hand is definitely outside the shoulder.

(Sorry, I'm not sure how to make the picture larger, but if you click on it, you should be able to see.)

It definitely affected the play. I mean maybe I'm wrong but how often did our defense allow a lane to get that wide open? With that being said, it sounds like the ksu oline could be the best we see all year, they definitely have some size.

I remember Iowa state had some giants when we played them. Pretty sure that was during the Breske debacle so its hard to judge off of that sample.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

ndsubison1
08-23-2013, 09:52 PM

I've seen the play numerous times. Looked like to me our player could have been in on the play

Bookie Pimp
08-23-2013, 10:08 PM

Either 'shopped, or optical illusion... looked clean on TV. ;-)

With Colin Klein. Not to mention Gsu is triple option so we were focused on that. Not their passing

Thank you!! My point EXACTLY. Assuming you def coaching staff tried to defend us like that last year, CK woulda thrown for 300+ against ya, just like WVU, Miami, oSu, etc. If memory serves me, they (GSU) only attempted like 7-8 passes the whole game...

Further, there won't be that much of a drop off in offensive production with Klein gone. This year, our team is far more of a "pick your poison" situation. So, what do they do next Friday? Stack the box and try to take away the run game? Or sit drop back and try to cover the 3 & 4 receiver sets we'll be in a good chunk of the evening? What I remember is from last year and his time at NU, Bohl likes to blitz. If Finney recognizes it pre-snap, BOTH of our QBs are very capable of hitting the kid running through that opening in the defense.

Our Remington Trophy candidate center is a third year starter and capable of checking/calling audibles every bit as well as Klein did to get us in the right play vs defensive alignment. So while losing a Heisman finalist is significant, the lost offensive efficiency people are hoping for is greatly diminished by BJ Finney. If he goes down, God forbid, is when I get concerned.

Suffice it to say that Bohl and Kleiman have had some sleepless nights recently, and I just can't wait for some damn football!!

BisonNeil
08-23-2013, 10:17 PM

Plus, I was at the game in Frisco and Sammie was tied with y'all at half in a dead even game... Although your defense played well and rattled their QB, if the kid doesn't throw three picks in 2H that game could've gone either way. In fact, having re-watched the game recently, the outcome could've been dramatically different if not for the phantom holding call on the SHSU OL when Flanders went 45-50 yds to score early 3Q. So, I beg to differ that it was preparation so much as y'all just outplayed them after that key momentum swing... Again, one man's opinion and at the end of the day, you got the hardware despite the means.

Conversely, the difficult part of playing in the Big 12 is that you have to bring your A-game 8 of 9 weeks (ku is basically a freebie) and just one hiccup knocks you out of the running. Imagine if your season was basically over when you lost to Indiana State and I think you'll understand. I've been looking forward to this game since January as well and also looking forward to seeing the great people we met in Frisco from North Dakota that we are hosting in Manhattan next week.

If wishes were fishes buddy. Wish I had a buck everytime I have seen idiots like you state this.

Bookie my ass.

Bookie Pimp
08-23-2013, 10:21 PM
If wishes were fishes buddy. Wish I had a buck everytime I have seen idiots like you state this.

Bookie my ass.

I like you, Neil.... You, sir, have gumption.

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

BisonNeil
08-23-2013, 10:23 PM

Safe travels.

Other than money on the bet you said you made,and obviously lost.

Neutral my ass, COUGH [dumb ass].

Bookie Pimp
08-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Other than money on the bet you said you made,and obviously lost.

Neutral my ass, COUGH [dumb ass].

Why are you so angry, Neil? Everything ok at home with the Mrs.?

Didn't bet the FCS champ game, but thanks for asking.

Now, about that newsletter...

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-24-2013, 12:57 AM

I have watched that play many time as well. His hand is definitely on the outside shoulder = holding. Beg to defer on having an outcome on the play. If Schaetz isn't held from, he may have been able to slide over into position to make the tackle.

But, it really doesn't matter as we won.

Mayville Bison
08-24-2013, 01:08 AM
A lot to reply to in this post and I'm sorry if something's been responded to already in the past 5 hours.

I studied both teams pretty in depth pregame (for wagering purposes) and remain of the belief that GSU would've won that game on a neutral field.

Neutral field? Like in Texas? We would have traveled better than GSU anywhere except for their home field (a little exaggeration, but you get the point since you were at Pizza Hut Park).

I studied both teams pretty in depth pregame (for wagering purposes)

If you studied both teams well, you would know that we always start "slow". Our offense likes the long, sustained drives to completely wear teams out. By about half-way through the 3rd quarter, their defense is so tired from being knocked around all day that we score most of our points in the second half.

And "the kid" should've been taken out long before he started turning the ball over. He was hit so many times, he was seeing stars. I would really like to know if they did concussion tests because there were a few hits where his head bounced off the ground pretty hard.

Conversely, the difficult part of playing in the Big 12 is that you have to bring your A-game 8 of 9 weeks (ku is basically a freebie) and just one hiccup knocks you out of the running. Imagine if your season was basically over when you lost to Indiana State and I think you'll understand.

That's the entire reason most of the fanbase is excited about FCS. A playoff situation truly evaluates who is playing the best football at the end of the year and puts high quality games in the last two rounds almost always (or you can have 4 rounds of quality opponents like we did last year). Was Notre Dame one of the best 4 teams in the country last year? I personally don't think so and if there was a 8+ team playoff, they wouldn't have been in the top 4. I thought KSU was a title contender last year and a playoff gives you that shot. 1 loss in a stacked conference (I wouldn't say the Big 12 is stacked, but we'll move past that) shouldn't mean the best you are playing for is a meaningless bowl game.

That being said, Alabama lost one conf game in the best conf in the country and still played for the National Championship. We lost one conf game in the best conf in the country. We had to continue to prove to the other conferences in the country. Which system would you prefer to play in taking all the money/prestige/etc. arguments out of the equation?

I've been looking forward to this game since January as well and also looking forward to seeing the great people we met in Frisco from North Dakota that we are hosting in Manhattan next week.

It has been circled on our calendars for quite some time as well. As long as it's a good game, I will be happy. I only wish my job situation over the past year wasn't so terrible so I could afford to attend as we don't get too many chances to travel to top 25 (close enough :) ) teams. I knew we could afford one big trip this year and I am gambling on that being in Frisco. Here's to a great game no matter the final score!

CaBisonFan
08-24-2013, 01:14 AM

It was a thumping in the 2nd half. Almost complete dominance. Both sides got some breaks.

The Missouri Valley Football Conference is tough every weekend. Very stout defenses. There's no time to relax.

heffray
08-24-2013, 01:53 AM

Would this, by chance, be teh CRAZY speed we've heard about before? We keep hearing about it, but it never actually shows up on game day.

I have a funny feeling about this game, this team...

24-9, Bison.

56BISON73
08-24-2013, 02:35 AM

SHSU was beat before the 1st half ended. Watch the interaction or lack of when the players come to the bench. Watch them on one knee and heads down resting on the bench. Watch how sloppy they were as the half was coming to a close. It was very telling and few of us called it that they were done.

ndsubison1
08-24-2013, 05:39 AM
Either 'shopped, or optical illusion... looked clean on TV. ;-)

Thank you!! My point EXACTLY. Assuming you def coaching staff tried to defend us like that last year, CK woulda thrown for 300+ against ya, just like WVU, Miami, oSu, etc. If memory serves me, they (GSU) only attempted like 7-8 passes the whole game...

Further, there won't be that much of a drop off in offensive production with Klein gone. This year, our team is far more of a "pick your poison" situation. So, what do they do next Friday? Stack the box and try to take away the run game? Or sit drop back and try to cover the 3 & 4 receiver sets we'll be in a good chunk of the evening? What I remember is from last year and his time at NU, Bohl likes to blitz. If Finney recognizes it pre-snap, BOTH of our QBs are very capable of hitting the kid running through that opening in the defense.

Our Remington Trophy candidate center is a third year starter and capable of checking/calling audibles every bit as well as Klein did to get us in the right play vs defensive alignment. So while losing a Heisman finalist is significant, the lost offensive efficiency people are hoping for is greatly diminished by BJ Finney. If he goes down, God forbid, is when I get concerned.

Suffice it to say that Bohl and Kleiman have had some sleepless nights recently, and I just can't wait for some damn football!!

But my point is that we will have to respect your running and passing game. Well have to have a balance

ThunderDan
08-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Fox sports one had a big 12 preview on. They just said that Kansas State was opening against North Dakota. I thought we were playing them, I guess I was wrong.

Tatanka
08-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Fox sports one had a big 12 preview on. They just said that Kansas State was opening against North Dakota. I thought we were playing them, I guess I was wrong.Yep, we're playing Kansas.

SDbison
08-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Fox sports one had a big 12 preview on. They just said that Kansas State was opening against North Dakota. I thought we were playing them, I guess I was wrong. Thanks for confirming that was the same show I saw last weekend and then called out the "North Dakota" error in the Fox Sports 1 thread. I have not had much time to watch Fox Sports 1 during the past week and when I have looked at their schedule on week nights all I see is soccer.........yuck, but has anyone seen a FS1 commercial for anything but the college football season opening games on Saturday? No PR for the Thur or Fri night games? Do they plan on people hungry for college football to just watch those games by chance?

bisoningrandforks
08-24-2013, 11:28 PM
we will see if there is any PR early this coming week!...I am not that impressed with fox sports 1 so far!....Soccer a what?

tmcats
08-25-2013, 01:28 AM
Yep, we're playing Kansas.

that would make it two in a row.

HerdBot
08-25-2013, 02:34 AM
we will see if there is any PR early this coming week!...I am not that impressed with fox sports 1 so far!....Soccer a what?

I am not impressed with the channel at all. There is no content and every time I turn it on it has fox sports live. Reminds me of espn news. It needs to find an identity. Once football season starts it will be better but so far its boring

onbison09
08-25-2013, 03:06 AM
Thanks for confirming that was the same show I saw last weekend and then called out the "North Dakota" error in the Fox Sports 1 thread. I have not had much time to watch Fox Sports 1 during the past week and when I have looked at their schedule on week nights all I see is soccer.........yuck, but has anyone seen a FS1 commercial for anything but the college football season opening games on Saturday? No PR for the Thur or Fri night games? Do they plan on people hungry for college football to just watch those games by chance?

That and they just run repeats of stuff all the time. Like boxing tonight. I get that they may not have a bunch of rights yet but you knew when you were launching right?

And the North Dakota person is a local reporter that's based in Dallas. Maybe FS1 will use the local reporters. But she's awful.

BlueBisonRock
08-25-2013, 04:53 AM
That and they just run repeats of stuff all the time. Like boxing tonight. I get that they may not have a bunch of rights yet but you knew when you were launching right?

And the North Dakota person is a local reporter that's based in Dallas. Maybe FS1 will use the local reporters. But she's awful.

Old girlfriend?

BisonNeil
08-25-2013, 02:24 PM
In the Big 12 preview on FoxSports.com they have placed a 95% probability on K State beating NDSU with an average score of 48-8. Ouch...

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=2013CFB_Big12Preview

SDbison
08-25-2013, 02:43 PM
In the Big 12 preview on FoxSports.com they have placed a 95% probability on K State beating NDSU with an average score of 48-8. Ouch...

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=2013CFB_Big12Preview :rofl::rofl::rofl:

TAILG8R
08-25-2013, 03:10 PM

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=2013CFB_Big12Preview

And people wonder why we as fans get defensive when these sort of predictions come out.

NovaBison
08-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Took a look at the article and the model... found it interesting that U Mass and ULM were predicted to fare better than NDSU. So I looked at the "Model," it has no FCS teams in it, they just assumed any FBS team has a 95% probability of beating an FCS Team. Here is "What If Sports" Big 12 predictions versus the FCS:

Lamar Cardinals vs. Oklahoma State 95 54-7
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. TCU 95 49-7
Wofford Terriers vs. Baylort 95 49-8
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks vs. Texas Tech 95 54-8
North Dakota State Bison vs. Kansas State 95 48-8
William & Mary Tribe vs. WVU 95 51-9
UNI Panthers vs. Iowa State 95 47-8
South Dakota Coyotes vs. Kansas 95 43-9

Very credible model! :)

thebootfitter
08-25-2013, 03:34 PM

It looks like all the FCS games show a 95% probability of winning, regardless of who they are. All of them with 30-40 point wins. My guess is that their simulation engine doesn't distinguish between FCS teams, but lumps them all together with a mean probability of them winning of 5% and a very small standard deviation. Overall, FCS teams probably win less than 5% of the time, so they're probably being generous. But they are also being disingenuous if they are not distinguishing one FCS team from another.

gumby013
08-25-2013, 03:36 PM
It looks like all the FCS games show a 95% probability of winning, regardless of who they are. All of them with 30-40 point wins. My guess is that their simulation engine doesn't distinguish between FCS teams, but lumps them all together with a mean probability of them winning of 5% and a very small standard deviation. Overall, FCS teams probably win less than 5% of the time, so they're probably being generous. But they are also being disingenuous if they are not distinguishing one FCS team from another.

A lot of models do this to simplify their structure. Sagarin treats all D2 teams as one.

1st&TennBison
08-25-2013, 03:36 PM

Did you notice that every FCS team the Big 12 is playing in that prediction thread the score is always something close to 48-7. Asshats think that they just own everyone.

thebootfitter
08-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Very credible model! :)
Beat me to it. :-)

If the UNI game is anywhere close to their predicted score, I'd be very surprised too.

NovaBison
08-25-2013, 03:47 PM
I like how the article pretends it is an exhaustive analysis.

Using our college football simulation engine, WhatIfSports.com simulated thousands of college football games to create the 2013 Big 12 Preview. Team ratings, player ratings and depth charts are accurate as of August 19th.

That is hillarious! :rofl:

thebootfitter
08-25-2013, 06:04 PM
A lot of models do this to simplify their structure. Sagarin treats all D2 teams as one.

Yeah, I get it. Fair enough, I suppose, in that the Big 12 doesn't put much weight on FCS games. Still a disservice to anyone who wants to use their system for FBS-FCS games.

KSUfanPittSUalum
08-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I get it. Fair enough, I suppose, in that the Big 12 doesn't put much weight on FCS games. Still a disservice to anyone who wants to use their system for FBS-FCS games.

Hold on folks. Don't blame the Big 12 for ludicrous predictions from whatifsports.com. Their model and "simulations" are clearly flawed. For one thing the FCS as a whole has won closer to 8.2% of the games against FBS schools since 2002. Last year the record was 10-96. However, the FCS playoff teams won 5 of those 10. The playoff teams were 5-12 against the FBS. 5-9 against unranked teams, 0-3 against ranked teams. The three losses were against top 10 FBS teams. The semifinal teams won 2 of the 5 wins. The semifinal teams were 2-4 against the FBS. 2-2 against unranked teams.

onbison09
08-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Old girlfriend?

Nope. And I can't even really bring myself to say I wish :D

admin
08-26-2013, 01:17 AM
Hold on folks. Don't blame the Big 12 for ludicrous predictions from whatifsports.com. Their model and "simulations" are clearly flawed. For one thing the FCS as a whole has won closer to 8.2% of the games against FBS schools since 2002. Last year the record was 10-96. However, the FCS playoff teams won 5 of those 10. The playoff teams were 5-12 against the FBS. 5-9 against unranked teams, 0-3 against ranked teams. The three losses were against top 10 FBS teams. The semifinal teams won 2 of the 5 wins. The semifinal teams were 2-4 against the FBS. 2-2 against unranked teams.

Statoid: Since NDSU has started playing FBS teams, the Bison have notched 13% of all the FCS v FBS wins.

There were 620 FCS v FBS games played and only 9 of those games were played by NDSU.

TAILG8R
08-26-2013, 01:37 AM
Statoid: Since NDSU has started playing FBS teams, the Bison have notched 13% of all the FCS v FBS wins.

There were 620 FCS v FBS games played and only 9 of those games were played by NDSU.

So we played 1.5% of the FCS vs FBS games but account for 13% of the FCS victories over FBS? That's pretty damn impressive.

Tatanka
08-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Good news everyone. Although it is predicted to be extremely hot and shitty in Manhattan on Friday, it can't be much hotter and or shittier than what the Bison will be practicing in all week this week. Well played, Mother Nature.

BisonNeil
08-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Good news everyone. Although it is predicted to be extremely hot and shitty in Manhattan on Friday, it can't be much hotter and or shittier than what the Bison will be practicing in all week this week. Well played, Mother Nature.

I was thinking the same thing as I watched the weather this AM.

MNLonghorn10
08-26-2013, 02:34 PM

Whatever..at least we can thaw out this week
http://wondergressive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/1.1293036652.frozen-man.jpg

EagleBison
08-26-2013, 02:54 PM

Southern Speed?

21-17 Bison

NWNDBison
08-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Here's a new in-depth article about K-State Football with lots of trivia on their season opening games and non-conference record under Snyder:

http://tinyurl.com/kh2xzfw

HOME SWEET HOME
Few teams in college football have taken care of their home field as well as the Wildcats since the start of the 1990 season. Over the past 21 years, K-State is an amazing 124-27-1 (.819) when playing at Bill Snyder Family Stadium, including a 64-3 (.955) record in non-conference games and a 62-24-1 (.718) mark in league games (combined Big 8/12). The Wildcats have gone 22-4 at home since Snyder’s return in 2009, including a 13-1 mark over the last two seasons and a perfect 7-0 ledger in 2012.

But, of course, after Friday, this record will be tarnished a bit.

SDbison
08-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Blah blah blah........BS and all who cares, the mighty K-state has never played NDSU before.

Bookie Pimp
08-26-2013, 03:56 PM

You nailed it, Tatanka. This couldn't have worked out any better for the home team... There are few things as tiring as unseasonably warm weather. Having your boys show up in Manhattan a little bit tired and a little bit dehydrated will do nothing to improve their performance as the game wears on.

Nobody acclimates to heat in 3-4 days, but it was a nice spin effort &/or wishful thinking on your part...

NWNDBison
08-26-2013, 04:02 PM
A little respect from The Sports XChange wire service via the Chicago Tribune:

http://tinyurl.com/lnkfa69

"First, Kansas State has tuneups against North Dakota State, Louisiana and Massachusetts. The first test, against the two-time defending FCS champion Bison, could be the toughest."

TAILG8R
08-26-2013, 04:04 PM
You nailed it, Tatanka. This couldn't have worked out any better for the home team... There are few things as tiring as unseasonably warm weather. Having your boys show up in Manhattan a little bit tired and a little bit dehydrated will do nothing to improve their performance as the game wears on.

Nobody acclimates to heat in 3-4 days, but it was a nice spin effort &/or wishful thinking on your part...

Exactly what I was thinking while reading your post Bookie Pimp. I doubt anyone on here is worried about the conditioning of our team. I know, I know, "southern heat" and all that.

NWNDBison
08-26-2013, 04:29 PM
To improve NDSU's chances of winning, go to NCAA Football Game Center (short URL below) and click on the Bison logo. Before I did this it was NDSU 50% chance of winning, K-State 50% chance of winning. AFTER I clicked, it showed NDSU-56%, KSU- 44% Must be based totally on fan clicks. Still, it would be cool to see the Bison with a 99% chance of winning! (Looking at it closer, I see it is just how many fans think which team will win, but it's as good as a Mascot Challenge!)

http://tinyurl.com/l5jefty

MNLonghorn10
08-26-2013, 04:38 PM

That would make sense if it was a 3pm kickoff

Bookie Pimp
08-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Exactly what I was thinking while reading your post Bookie Pimp. I doubt anyone on here is worried about the conditioning of our team. I know, I know, "southern heat" and all that.

I totally agree that your kids will be completely acclimated to the increased heat in just 3-4 days as well as having outworked our kids in that type of heat all summer.

TAILG8R
08-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I totally agree that your kids will be completely acclimated to the increased heat in just 3-4 days as well as having outworked our kids in that type of heat all summer.

Pretty sure I didn't mention getting acclimated, let me check, nope I didn't. What I did allude to is that they will be well conditioned enough that it will not bother them. Actually my words were "I doubt anyone on here is worried about the conditioning of our team"

southcliffbison
08-26-2013, 04:42 PM

3 or 4 days ???????????? What the hell are you talking about? It's been HOT in Fargo for the past 7 to 10 days and getting warmer; our boys will be acclimated just fine, thank you.

TAILG8R
08-26-2013, 04:44 PM
To improve NDSU's chances of winning, go to NCAA Football Game Center (short URL below) and click on the Bison logo. Before I did this it was NDSU 50% chance of winning, K-State 50% chance of winning. AFTER I clicked, it showed NDSU-56%, KSU- 44% Must be based totally on fan clicks. Still, it would be cool to see the Bison with a 99% chance of winning! (Looking at it closer, I see it is just how many fans think which team will win, but it's as good as a Mascot Challenge!)

http://tinyurl.com/l5jefty

Had it all the way up to 92% in NDSU's favor but obviously one of the trolls here read your post and started fighting back, now down around 80%.

KilldeerBison
08-26-2013, 04:46 PM

When you say you "outwork" your kids, do you mean you hire them out for money? What kind of work do you hire them out for? Are child labor laws enforced in Kansas?

southcliffbison
08-26-2013, 04:50 PM

Personally, I think it's a shame that KSU can't afford air conditioning for their weight room..........

A1pigskin
08-26-2013, 04:59 PM
15 to 14 Bison win. The kicker will determine the game.

Tatanka
08-26-2013, 05:06 PM

methinks you don't know much about the summer weather in Fargo. Please, continue to think that NDSU won't be prepared for the elements. Carry on!

CAS4127
08-26-2013, 05:08 PM
methinks you don't know much about the summer weather in Fargo. Please, continue to think that NDSU won't be prepared for the elements. Carry on!

Valley News Live (https://www.facebook.com/ValleyNewsLive?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)
Lisa: The heat index has reached 102 in Fargo. Please, take it easy this afternoon and stay hydrated! http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/13604302/text-forecast
https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif (http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/13604302/text-forecast)Today's Weather Forecast
www.valleynewslive.comValley (http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/13604302/text-forecast) News Live: your local news station for the Red River Valley.

A1pigskin
08-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate.

Bookie Pimp
08-26-2013, 05:28 PM

I know that it's consistently 10-15 degrees cooler on average in Kansas every day all summer than it is here. (North Texas) Plus, simple online research tells me that the average temps in Fargo are 10-15 degrees cooler on average than in Manhattan throughout the summer as well.

I already know that it will feel "cooler" to me on Friday than it does to the Kansans. I completely understand having a "heat wave" for a few days, or a cool front rolling in, but that's NOT what we are talking about. Methinks you don't understand the effects of temperature and hydration on athletic performance...

Valley News Live (https://www.facebook.com/ValleyNewsLive?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)
Lisa: The heat index has reached 102 in Fargo. Please, take it easy this afternoon and stay hydrated! http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/13604302/text-forecast
https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif (http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/13604302/text-forecast)Today's Weather Forecast
www.valleynewslive.comValley (http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/13604302/text-forecast) News Live: your local news station for the Red River Valley.

Congrats on your "hot day"!!! That should have everybody completely acclimated to competing in 90 degree heat against bigger, stronger, faster athletes.

TAILG8R
08-26-2013, 05:33 PM
I know that it's consistently 10-15 degrees cooler on average in Kansas every day all summer than it is here. (North Texas) Plus, simple online research tells me that the average temps in Fargo are 10-15 degrees cooler on average than in Manhattan throughout the summer as well.

I already know that it will feel "cooler" to me on Friday than it does to the Kansans. I completely understand having a "heat wave" for a few days, or a cool front rolling in, but that's NOT what we are talking about. Methinks you don't understand the effects of temperature and hydration on athletic performance...

Congrats on your "hot day"!!! That should have everybody completely acclimated to competing in 90 degree heat against bigger, stronger, faster athletes.

Like Tatanka said, you don't have a clue about summer weather in Fargo.

Bisonator98
08-26-2013, 05:34 PM

You do realize most of last week and this week will be 90 degrees plus with dew points in the 70's right? This isn't just a one day thing man. Our players will be well hydrated and ready, don't worry about it!

CAS4127
08-26-2013, 05:35 PM

Congrats on being a "square" in what appears to be a very small--yet round world for you. Our temperatures have been extremely hot for most of the last 10 days and will continue to be that way (Get it?!?! "Averages" over the long haul < what we have been having). Ever heard of google?!?!? Oh, and I have spent several weeks in KS during July-August--not that much difference. This sounds a lot like the altitude talk we get whenever we play out west.

Later!!!

Bookie Pimp
08-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Congrats on being a "square" in what appears to be a very small--yet round world for you. Our temperatures have been extremely hot for most of the last 10 days and will continue to be that way (Get it?!?! "Averages" over the long haul < what we have been having). Ever heard of google?!?!? Oh, and I have spent several weeks in KS during July-August--not that much difference. This sounds a lot like the altitude talk we get whenever we play out west.

Later!!!

Thank you, Mr. Westboro Baptist Church. Will you be picketing at the game?

Bison 4 Life
08-26-2013, 05:48 PM

Not going to get much traction with that one here.

Bison Dan
08-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Thank you, Mr. Westboro Baptist Church. Will you be picketing at the game?The church is from where???

CAS4127
08-26-2013, 05:49 PM

No!!!-->WAY TOO HOT FOR THAT!!!!

I assume though, given the EXTREME TEMPS, that you will be wearing your standard "guy" thong and Mankini?!?!?

Bisonator98
08-26-2013, 05:50 PM
thank you, mr. Westboro baptist church. Will you be picketing at the game?

wtf?......

MNLonghorn10
08-26-2013, 06:02 PM
So does bookie still think it's a 3 pm kick off?

StL Bison Fan
08-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tatanka

I just came in from blowing snow out of my drive, so I'm behind on this thread. But he' right. Growing up in St Louis,
I can tell you nothing compares to KS heat. That kid from Belleville and those guys from Neb won't believe how hot it is
Friday. And Tatanka, you should stay home, you're doomed. Now where did I put that purple font?

NWNDBison
08-26-2013, 06:21 PM
So, I suppose I'm spoiling everybody's fun by posting this, but I think some people actually want to use the purple font:

Here's how:

EX: Sample text
See? It works!

Personally, I prefer MediumOrchid. It stands out better.

Don't you think?

Other colors here:

http://forum.playdom.com/showthread.php?63531-vBulletin-Colors-and-Fonts

CAS4127
08-26-2013, 06:29 PM
So, I suppose I'm spoiling everybody's fun by posting this, but I think some people actually want to use the purple font:

Here's how:

EX: Sample text
See? It works!

Personally, I prefer MediumOrchid. It stands out better.

Don't you think?

Other colors here:

http://forum.playdom.com/showthread.php?63531-vBulletin-Colors-and-Fonts

I just type what I want, highlight it like I am gonna copy it, and then go up to color Icon "A" and left click on the color I want--Wallah!!

But, afterall, I was the person who started the purple = sarcasm font-thing!! :biggrin:

NWNDBison
08-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Too stupid, I guess. Can't find color icon "A." Sounds like a pretty cool shortcut though.

CarringtonBison
08-26-2013, 06:44 PM
testing, watch out now that I know how to do this

runtheoption
08-26-2013, 06:47 PM
But, afterall, I was the person who started the purple = sarcasm font-thing!! :biggrin:
Al Gore & lakesbison > CAS.

TAILG8R
08-26-2013, 06:51 PM

What? I'm failing to make the connection here, son

CAS4127
08-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Too stupid, I guess. Can't find color icon "A." Sounds like a pretty cool shortcut though.

Font color "Icon" is right between "Size" and "Emoticon/Smiley" Icons (that's what I call them anyway). It's just a black "A" with a little black down arrow by it!!

Al Gore & lakesbison > CAS.

Ya, but my statement has truth to it!! Green = Truth/Serious!!

Now, back to my Westboro Church duties!!

westnodak93bison
08-26-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm worried about our fan base staying hydrated for obvious reasons.:beer:

bisonaudit
08-26-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm worried about our fan base staying hydrated for obvious reasons.:beer:

Our friends from down under apparently have devised a solution to this problem:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2396197/Hydrating-beer-containing-electrolytes-stop-hangovers-created-researchers.html

westnodak93bison
08-26-2013, 08:16 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2396197/Hydrating-beer-containing-electrolytes-stop-hangovers-created-researchers.html

Genius!

gumby013
08-26-2013, 08:28 PM

It's got what plants crave.

ndsubison1
08-26-2013, 08:57 PM

Ive heard players from Texas for NDSU and University of Mary (D2 in Bismarck) say the humidity is worse in ND than Texas in August

Gothmog
08-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Ive heard players from Texas for NDSU and University of Mary (D2 in Bismarck) say the humidity is worse in ND than Texas in August

Having lived in Fargo (been a while), Minneapolis, and Dallas there's no doubt that what you're saying is true. 90 in Minneapolis feels like 100 in Dallas.

TAILG8R
08-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Having lived in Fargo (been a while), Minneapolis, and Dallas there's no doubt that what you're saying is true. 90 in Minneapolis feels like 100 in Dallas.

No, no, no haven't you guys been paying attention? The kstate fans have been very kind in informing us that we don't know what we are talking about in almost every aspect of football and now the weather patterns of our own state.

bisonaudit
08-26-2013, 09:25 PM

This is what happens when hot Gulf air moves unimpeded over hundreds and hundreds of miles of growing corn.

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Well, fortunately the new forecast is only calling for a high of 99* on Friday now with a gametime temp of about 92-93*. I'm really glad that you've had a little heat wave this week that closes schools so that everybody will be fully acclimated by Friday!

What's most amazing to me is how utterly miserable all my NoDak friends that I met at the FCS game in Frisco are with the heat, yet everybody at Bisonville doesn't even notice it.

You must all be the strongest and wisest of the lot.

Bisonator98
08-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Well, fortunately the new forecast is only calling for a high of 99* on Friday now with a gametime temp of about 92-93*. I'm really glad that you've had a little heat wave this week that closes schools so that everybody will be fully acclimated by Friday!

What's most amazing to me is how utterly miserable all my NoDak friends that I met at the FCS game in Frisco are with the heat, yet everybody at Bisonville doesn't even notice it.

Good lord man we should probably just forfeit this game now and save our travel expenses! You make it sound like we have never played in adverse weather conditions!

MNLonghorn10
08-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Fortunately if you look at the recent temps, Fargo and Manhattan aren't far off at all. We both had a chilly start to August and proceeded to warm up.

they closed about 5 old elementary schools that didn't have any air conditioning.

and if you are talking about the temp in Frisco and calling it heat...all of us thought it was freezing that day.

Civil06
08-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Just a question, Bookie. Has KSU been practicing inside of their indoor practice facility? If so, why, since this is just typical pleasant Kansas weather?

In addition to Bill Snyder Family Stadium, Kansas State's practice facilities include the 94,000 square foot Indoor Practice Facility, which recently received a complete upgrade with the installation of new FieldTurf.

K-State football's Indoor Practice Facility is believed to be the largest in the nation, with enough space for multiple full squad practices taking place at once. The huge facility's roof height also allows for full special teams practice, with kickoffs and punts not even coming close to touching the ceiling.

Combined with K-State football's three regulation sized grass practice fields, K-State has the ability to practice and prepare on a variety of surfaces in almost any weather condition.

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Bookie is a fucking idiot troll, period. Perhaps some peeps were uncomfortable with temps in Frisco--BUT WE WERE COMING FROM JANUARY NODAK WEATHER, not August Nodak weather!

Braindead troll idiot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
08-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Bookie is a fucking idiot troll, period. Perhaps some peeps were uncomfortable with temps in Frisco--BUT WE WERE COMING FROM JANUARY NODAK WEATHER, not August Nodak weather!

Braindead troll idiot!!

How do you really feel? Come on man don't hold back. :rofl:

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2013, 01:20 PM

It was pretty cold that day in Frisco.

I've lived in both places. Sure the heat is more sustained here but it isn't much different than Fargo. The average drops because it cools off so quickly in Fargo in the fall but you better believe in July and August it is pretty gross there. Same as here.

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 01:21 PM
How do you really feel? Come on man don't hold back. :rofl:

Well, fuck, does he have a half of a brain?! I assume you and most here get what I am saying and what he obviously never even considered.

BisonNation11
08-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Well, fuck, does he have a half of a brain?! I assume you and most here get what I am saying and what he obviously never even considered.

We have an indoor practice facility??? AND grass practice fields??? AND outdoor turf??? 2 different turfs??? You kidder you!!!

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Just a question, Bookie. Has KSU been practicing inside of their indoor practice facility? If so, why, since this is just typical pleasant Kansas weather?

No. Thus, your second question is rendered moot.

Braindead troll idiot!!

:rofl:

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it Mr. Westboro? My point was this: I met a lot of NoDaks in Frisco last January that I still remain in contact with, speak to regularly, and some of whom I'm hosting in Manhattan this weekend. Those good people have been complaining incessantly about your cute little heat wave and are DREADING the heat y'all will face this coming weekend.

On the other hand, everybody at Bisonville acts like its not even an issue while schools are closing because of it. You don't have to get so emotional, Cassie.

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 02:24 PM
No. Thus, your second question is rendered moot.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it Mr. Westboro? My point was this: I met a lot of NoDaks in Frisco last January that I still remain in contact with, speak to regularly, and some of whom I'm hosting in Manhattan this weekend. Those good people have been complaining incessantly about your cute little heat wave and are DREADING the heat y'all will face this coming weekend.

On the other hand, everybody at Bisonville acts like its not even an issue while schools are closing because of it. You don't have to get so emotional, Cassie.

I don't argue with idiots because they beat me with experience. Nice backtrack attwmpt though--the post of yours I responded to had none of the content this one does, so is it reading comprehension or total bullshit from you?!

I'll go with latter--unless of course you want to give us names of Nodak peeps you are talking about/hosting !??!!

FYI though, I will likely know them, they will know me, or both--assuming they exist of course.

You in?! I bet not for some reason you will make up.

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't argue with idiots because they beat me with experience. Nice backtrack attwmpt though--the post of yours I responded to had none of the content this one does, so is it reading comprehension or total bullshit from you?!

I'll go with latter--unless of course you want to give us names of Nodak peeps you are talking about/hosting !??!!

FYI though, I will likely know them, they will know me, or both--assuming they exist of course.

You in?! I bet not for some reason you will make up.

Sure. I'll PM them to you for their privacy as I'm not sure they'd want their names on the forum.

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Sure. I'll PM them to you for their privacy as I'm not sure they'd want their names on the forum.

Give me phone numbers too--I mean,you talk with them frequently afterall, and they are talking "incessantly" about the heat factor!!

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Give me phone numbers too--I mean,you talk with them frequently afterall, and they are talking "incessantly" about the heat factor!!

Since you said you already know them, I'd assume you have their phone numbers... I'll see if I can get one of them to call you, though.

Is the phone number on the Crookston Law website accurate?

NDSU '96
08-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Why does it seem I'm at a kegger and there's drunks looking to fight?

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Have Jay call me at that number.

BisonFan02
08-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Why does it seem I'm at a kegger and there's drunks looking to fight?

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_15/south-park-1511-broadway-bro-down-clip11.jpg

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 02:47 PM

Just texted him. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Just a point of interest... MNLonghorn10, posting at goEMAW as NDSU Lollypopkid, tried calling me out twice before he realized that I'm not a blowhard like most of you.

I lost all respect for you when your trolling attempts got destroyed and you decided to start posting as a hate group until you were called out, by the way.

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 02:51 PM

Just a point of interest... MNLonghorn10, posting at goEMAW as NDSU Lollypopkid, tried calling me out twice before he realized that I'm not a blowhard like most of you.

I lost all respect for you when your trolling attempts got destroyed and you decided to start posting as a hate group until you were called out, by the way.

Trolling?! Hate group?! You truly are a certified idiot. And I could not give a shir if YOU respect me!!!

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2013, 02:58 PM

We respect CAS.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/2011Bison013.jpg

dragonsfan
08-27-2013, 03:01 PM
this sounds fun

gwfan
08-27-2013, 03:01 PM
My OH My !

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Had I known this dick came from goEMAW I would never have engaged him. My bad BV.

Wow, just Wow!! Lesson learned.

BisonFan02
08-27-2013, 03:07 PM
we respect cas.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/ndacanswerguy/2011bison013.jpg

#titletown

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Trolling?! Hate group?! You truly are a certified idiot. And I could not give a shir if YOU respect me!!!

Its just so adorable how emotional you get over message board postings...

THEsocalledfan
08-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Its just so adorable how emotional you get over message board postings...

Bookie, I don't know you at all, but trust me, if this was real life in person, CAS is not the type you want to mess with. He is in the NDSU athletic hall of fame for a reason, and it still pretty much solid muscle to this day.

runtheoption
08-27-2013, 03:09 PM

I am flattered that a fan of a mighty FBS team is spending so much time on a lowly FCS team's message board. It is so charitable of you to share your obviously superior knowledge of college football, meteorology, spreads, and gambling knowledge. The fact that you are a fan, and probably also an alumnus, of a land-grant university located in a small Midwestern city means you are probably smarter than the average message board visitor. It appears you are also humble.

Don't worry about any folks here on Bisonville calling you names, as they (the 99%) do not represent us (the 1%) morally and intelleckshully superior internet master Bisonville users.

aces1180
08-27-2013, 03:12 PM
no balls! Bison win by 13...........30-17

I pray to Jesus Christ that I am wrong...I just have this weird feeling.

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Its just so adorable how emotional you get over message board idiotic postings...

FIFY!

Tranny is gay!!

bri-dog
08-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Okay, back to predictions. Here are mine:

I predict I will sleep like crap the next two nights looking forward to this, just like I did last night.

I predict the drive from Denver will not take me the 7.5 hours that my computer tells me it will.

I predict lots of beer will be consumed on Friday (and Thursday night).

I predict tailgating will be a blast, and we will meet lots of great folks in Manhattan. Funny how with all the pissing matches people get into on here, we always seem to get along so well with opposing fanbases. From Ames to Laramie to Ft. Collins to Frisco, and yes, even Lawrence. I think this will be the best yet.

I predict that, win or lose, the sun will come up on Saturday. And it will wake me up to a terrible hangover. And I have to drive back to Denver by myself all hung over. Unless I can find some of that Australian beer with electrolytes in it...

Bisonator98
08-27-2013, 03:21 PM
I am flattered that a fan of a mighty FBS team is spending so much time on a lowly FCS team's message board. It is so charitable of you to share your obviously superior knowledge of college football, meteorology, spreads, and gambling knowledge. The fact that you are a fan, and probably also an alumnus, of a land-grant university located in a small Midwestern city means you are probably smarter than the average message board visitor. It appears you are also humble.

Don't worry about any folks here on Bisonville calling you names, as they (the 99%) do not represent us (the 1%) morally and intelleckshully superior internet master Bisonville users.

This is getting good! God is it gameday yet??? :biggrin:

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 03:23 PM

Just spoke to him... That was certainly an "interesting" conversation. Expect a call shortly.

THEsocalledfan
08-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Okay, time for TSCF analysis:

Game will be within 10 points one way or the other. Destiny has put NDSU on this path, just as App St. was put in Michigan a few years back. NDSU must and will live up to this destiny, just as App St beat Michigan, Frodo destroyed the ring (even if not willingly), and Roland entered the Dark Tower.

NDSU 24
Kitty Kats 21

MNLonghorn10
08-27-2013, 03:30 PM

You took a picture in front of your dad's boat..big deal

MNLonghorn10
08-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Had I known this dick came from goEMAW I would never have engaged him. My bad BV.

Wow, just Wow!! Lesson learned.

He's not that bad..just a shit talker. He pm'd me admitting that and gave his well wishes along with some tips for aggieVille and tailgating. Just dish it back..That's what he wants

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Bookie, I don't know you at all, but trust me, if this was real life in person, CAS is not the type you want to mess with. He is in the NDSU athletic hall of fame for a reason, and it still pretty much solid muscle to this day.

I understand that Cassie is the BV hero... But, I already knew he was a hothead before I started messing with him... Also, I'm not impressed with his little league football accomplishments nor his current state of physical fitness.

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 03:35 PM
You took a picture in front of your dad's boat..big deal

Hahaha!!! I'm sorry that I chose that over 10-15 pontoon boats.

:biggrin:

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 03:52 PM
He's not that bad..just a shit talker. He pm'd me admitting that and gave his well wishes along with some tips for aggieVille and tailgating. Just dish it back..That's what he wants

Wannabe loser IMO, and I am done with him and the balance of these KSU minions.

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2013, 03:55 PM
I understand that Cassie is the BV hero... But, I already knew he was a hothead before I started messing with him... Also, I'm not impressed with his little league football accomplishments nor his current state of physical fitness.

Nobody is interested in impressing you. Just giving perspective. You will not make us feel inferior or bad or whatever by belittling the accomplishments of our team. You FBS teams are at a disadvantage the whole time. You are supposed to beat teams with fewer scholarships so it's no big deal if you win, it's catastrophic when you lose. It's still pretty damn bad when you get played close.

and NDSU cashes a quarter million dollar check on top of it.

win/win

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Wannabe loser IMO, and I am done with him and the balance of these KSU minions.

Probably doesn't help that I got the "true story" about you this morning either, huh? Credit where credit is due though, Cassie...

Your one of the best "keyboard warriors" ever.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUSCQBGNZmw/TGEjl38wOcI/AAAAAAAAAAg/ff6F0by2zGw/s640/KeyboardWarriorsGC.jpg

CAS4127
08-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Probably doesn't help that I got the "true story" about you this morning either, huh? Credit where credit is due though, Cassie...

Your one of the best "keyboard warriors" ever.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUSCQBGNZmw/TGEjl38wOcI/AAAAAAAAAAg/ff6F0by2zGw/s640/KeyboardWarriorsGC.jpg

You, just go fuck yourself OK?! "True story"?!? Oh, I'm real worried!!! Once again you are demonstrating your nitwit skills. Not much peeps here and elsewhere don't know about me!!

Would love to hear "true story" of you, but you don't know what true is, and probably boring anyway!

You "know" me, so give yourself up!! You in "keyboard warrior"?!

What an effing joke of a "person" you are!!

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 05:51 PM
You, just go fuck yourself OK?! "True story"?!? Oh, I'm real worried!!! Once again you are demonstrating your nitwit skills. Not much peeps here and elsewhere don't know about me!!

Would love to hear "true story" of you, but you don't know what true is, and probably boring anyway!

You "know" me, so give yourself up!! You in "keyboard warrior"?!

What an effing joke of a "person" you are!!

Please wear your jersey and bedazzled jeans to Manhattan so we can recognize you, Uncle Rico. The cell phone clipped to your belt is a nice touch too...

Humor me... Did you play D-2 because you were too dumb, or too small and slow, to play "big boy" football?

It's gotta be one of the two, so I'll hang up and listen off air.

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Please wear your jersey and bedazzled jeans to Manhattan so we can recognize you, Uncle Rico. The cell phone clipped to your belt is a nice touch too...

Humor me... Did you play D-2 because you were too dumb, or too small and slow, to play "big boy" football?

What's funny is you think you're being insulting.

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 06:00 PM
What's funny is you think you're being insulting.

Shit.... now you made me feel like I just made fun of a Special Olympian. Perhaps I did?

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Shit.... now you made me feel like I just made fun of a Special Olympian. Perhaps I did?

perhaps indirectly and unintentionally.

344Johnson
08-27-2013, 06:21 PM

During the time CAS spent at NDSU, I'm not so sure Kansas State was really playing "big boy" football.

Bookie Pimp
08-27-2013, 06:23 PM
During the time CAS spent at NDSU, I'm not so sure Kansas State was really playing "big boy" football.

Point taken, however that makes it all the worse... Even as bad as we were then, we'd have still crushed a D-2 team.

ndsubison1
08-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Are these ppl senior citizens cuz it was like 65 that day in Frisco :rofl:

344Johnson
08-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Point taken, however that makes it all the worse... Even as bad as we were then, we'd have still crushed a D-2 team.

Most D-II teams...yes. NDSU of the 80's...I'll let the older folks answer that one.

aces1180
08-27-2013, 06:28 PM

I agree...I thought the weather was awesome down there.

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2013, 06:29 PM

Low of 39 and High of 53 that day. It was cold that morning tailgating.

2012 was 60 something on Friday night and 50 something on Sat morning.

MNLonghorn10
08-27-2013, 06:32 PM

Someone didn't tailgate I see

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Nobody is interested in impressing you. Just giving perspective. You will not make us feel inferior or bad or whatever by belittling the accomplishments of our team. You FBS teams are at a disadvantage the whole time. You are supposed to beat teams with fewer scholarships so it's no big deal if you win, it's catastrophic when you lose. It's still pretty damn bad when you get played close.

and NDSU cashes a quarter million dollar check on top of it. win/win

That's all we're getting? Tayler really needs to start asking for more money in these games. Some FCS teams are getting a half million for these game. Didn't UNI get $350+ each to play Wisky and Iowa?

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2013, 06:40 PM
That's all we're getting? Tayler really needs to start asking for more money in these games. Some FCS teams are getting a half million for these game. Didn't UNI get $350+ each to play Wisky and Iowa?

Hard to get big payday games when you are on a hot streak.

Bearkat12
08-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Give em' Hell...NDSU!

ndsubison1
08-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Someone didn't tailgate I see

it appears tailgating affected my memory

MNLonghorn10
08-27-2013, 06:50 PM
it appears tailgating affected my memory

I'm still shocked I made it to the event following the night before

HoopsBison
08-27-2013, 07:00 PM
NDSU: 20

KSU: 17

Roll Herd

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Well, JBB predicted us to win a close one, so I guess we're screwed. :biggrin:

Seriously though, I'm starting to get the pre-game jitters. Good thing I don't play the game. Either Bookie is getting inside my head or the sports writers from the Kansas newspapers are enlightening me. The more I read about KSU's returning O line, the more nervous I get.

Earlier I was extremely confident that our D could keep their O in check. Not shut them down, but limit points and stall drives. I then said it was up to our O to win this game for us, to capitalize on the opportunities our D gave them.

I'm not so sure about this any longer. I now think the premier matchup will be our D line vs. their O line. My guess is Synder will try to use his massive D line to ram the ball down our throats. He will try to force us to stop the run, and he will keep doing it until we show that we can. Our D line will have to find a way to stop the run, period. This will be no easy task and I'm not so sure we will be able to. I'm reasonably confident that with all KSU's attrition on D, we can move the ball and score some points, but I'm a little worried our D won't be able to stop KSU when they have the ball.

I hope the boy's can prove me wrong:

KSU: 31
NDSU: 21

gumby013
08-27-2013, 07:16 PM

Seriously though, I'm starting to get the pre-game jitters. Good thing I don't play the game. Either Bookie is getting inside my head or the sports writers from the Kansas newspapers are enlightening me. The more I read about KSU's returning O line, the more nervous I get.

Earlier I was extremely confident that our D could keep their O in check. Not shut them down, but limit points and stall drives. I then said it was up to our O to win this game for us, to capitalize on the opportunities our D gave them.

I'm not so sure about this any longer. I now think the premier matchup will be our D line vs. their O line. My guess is Synder will try to use his massive D line to ram the ball down our throats. He will try to force us to stop the run, and he will keep doing it until we show that we can. Our D line will have to find a way to stop the run, period. This will be no easy task and I'm not so sure we will be able to. I'm reasonably confident that with all KSU's attrition on D, we can move the ball and score some points, but I'm a little worried our D won't be able to stop KSU when they have the ball.

NDSU: 21

At least one of their OL will not be playing. Stiverson has a broken foot.

Evidently Lucas, their massive LT, has also been limited in practice. But getting any word on his status is tough.

TAILG8R
08-27-2013, 07:19 PM
At least one of their OL will not be playing. Stiverson has a broken foot.

Evidently Lucas, their massive LT, has also been limited in practice. But getting any word on his status is tough.

Built in excuse?

gumby013
08-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Built in excuse?

Better not be. He's the least experienced on on the line.

SDbison
08-27-2013, 08:02 PM

NDSU: 21 You forget how NDSU should be able to move the ball on their defense.........first the Big12 is not known for defense and BS has to put 9 new starters on defense. Seems like there will be some errors due to K-state's inexperience that will allow NDSU to make some big gains offensively. The real question is how much can NDSU's d-line slow up the K-state offense, and how much will Vigen open up the playbook to challenge and take advantage of K-state's rookie defense. Like I said in another post, this could end up being a medium to high scoring game.