PDA

View Full Version : New Jamestown College name

THEsocalledfan
08-21-2013, 07:40 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/409741/

Do folks still call them the pumpkinheads?

344Johnson
08-21-2013, 08:00 PM

That'd imply people are acknowledging them...

aces1180
08-21-2013, 08:01 PM

I think the only people who still call them that are VCSU grads.

Wally
08-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Someone has to be offended with this

sambini
08-22-2013, 03:12 AM
Former NDSU Football coach the late Ron Erhardt is a Jamestown College alum.

BisonFan02
08-22-2013, 06:43 AM
I think the only people who still call them that are VCSU grads.

VCSU grads bag my groceries....as a JC alum...I'm not impressed with the change...quite a few ticked off classmates on my Facebook over it as well.

MNLonghorn10
08-22-2013, 08:53 AM
It'll be years until someone refers to it as the university of Jamestown

Tatanka
08-22-2013, 09:00 AM
The university I attended changed their name the year after I graduated. I still have a hard time referring to it by its new name.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

aces1180
08-22-2013, 01:22 PM
The university I attended changed their name the year after I graduated. I still have a hard time referring to it by its new name.

Even though my wife graduated from MSU Moorhead, I still call it Moorhead State and it bothers her sometimes.

Some people still call Bismarck State College (BSC) by its old name Bismarck Junior College (BJC).

Civil06
08-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Even though my wife graduated from MSU Moorhead, I still call it Moorhead State and it bothers her sometimes.

Some people still call Bismarck State College (BSC) by its old name Bismarck Junior College (BJC).

I'm the same with Moorhead State. It'll always be MSU to me. It still bugs me that Fergus Falls Community College (FFCC, FFJC to the olt-timers) changed its name to Minnesota State Community and Technical College - Fergus Falls and goes by M-State. Same with the old Moorhead Tech and the 3 other "M-State" schools. That to me is the dumbest name that I can think of.

THEsocalledfan
08-22-2013, 02:47 PM
I graduated from NDSU, and it bugs the heck out of me that they changed the name to that from North Dakota Agricultural College. It will always be NDAC to me.

North Side
08-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Minnesota State Community and Technical College!
Right here right now on your road to success!
You can meet your future and do your best!
Meet your future!
At Minnesota State Community and Technical College!

gotts
08-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Minnesota State Community and Technical College!
Right here right now on your road to success!
You can meet your future and do your best!
Meet your future!
At Minnesota State Community and Technical College!

Anybody remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elIyvmsU2eQ

moosbah
08-22-2013, 03:57 PM

....or at all.

IndyBison
08-22-2013, 04:28 PM

The CSU system in California is similar to the MSU system. Many will use the City State University for marketing purposes though. CSU-Long Beach is Long Beach State, CSU-Sacramento is Sacremento State, CSU-Fresno is Fresno State. I see no problem with the MSU-M still using Moorhead State for marketing purposes.

imabison
08-22-2013, 04:30 PM

Does anyone else thing that this might be a route for them to get more funding from the state of ND?
Long live the legend of Rollie Greeno, saw him speak numerous times...

344Johnson
08-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Does anyone else thing that this might be a route for them to get more funding from the state of ND?
Long live the legend of Rollie Greeno, saw him speak numerous times...

They get state funding?

Rollie came and talked to us at football practice once. Funny guy.

Rockbear99
08-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I graduated from UND-Lake Region. It is now Lake Region State College. Not much change since we only called it Lake Region any way.

dragonsfan
08-22-2013, 08:58 PM

We all call it msum never hear it called moorhead state anymore

THEsocalledfan
08-22-2013, 09:09 PM
We all call it msum never hear it called moorhead state anymore

Got to love the lengths Lakes is going to not blow his cover.....

sambini
08-23-2013, 12:27 AM
Long live the legend of Rollie Greeno, saw him speak numerous times... University of Jamestown is a private school. U of Mary is the other private school in North Dakota. The late Rollie Greeno was a legend. Also he is Ryan Smiths grandfather.

tony
08-23-2013, 12:42 AM
University of Jamestown has a ring to it.

Besides, they didn't go with the University of Jamestown College - I was seeing ads for a some online student-loan processing mill reputable college with a name like that... hah, found it: University of Maryland University College. Good grief.

NDSU1980
08-23-2013, 03:52 AM
It's still a very small school. The Jamestown community has a long record of changing names of things to try and make them sound impressive when they really have nothing. The hospital is called a "Regional Medical Center" when it only has something like 22 beds.

loudsilverado
08-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Most expensive "university" in the state

Bison 4 Life
08-23-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm the same with Moorhead State. It'll always be MSU to me. It still bugs me that Fergus Falls Community College (FFCC, FFJC to the olt-timers) changed its name to Minnesota State Community and Technical College - Fergus Falls and goes by M-State. Same with the old Moorhead Tech and the 3 other "M-State" schools. That to me is the dumbest name that I can think of.

To me they will always be:

Moorhead State
Moorhead Tech
F squared C squared.

Answer Guy
08-25-2013, 01:59 AM
It will always be NDAC to me.

Preaching to the choir.

BlueBisonRock
08-25-2013, 04:48 AM
Preaching to the choir.

Dude? I have heard your voice. Reminds me of my tone deaf roommate from the old days. His value add was that everyone who could stay on pitch sang louder so they would not have to listen to him. I cringe at that memory.

So what choir are you referring to?

Tatanka
08-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Dude? I have heard your voice. Reminds me of my tone deaf roommate from the old days. His value add was that everyone who could stay on pitch sang louder so they would not have to listen to him. I cringe at that memory.

So what choir are you referring to?

are there more than 57 members?

sambini
08-26-2013, 05:15 AM
University of Jamestown has a great choir...

NorthernBison
08-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Most expensive "university" in the state

There was a time when Jamestown had financial problems because they had trouble attracting students due to the cost of tuition.

Their answer? Raise the tuition. It worked like a charm.

Why? Higher cost = More prestige. Financial aid is based on cost so students getting aid qualified for more. More students were attracted by the increased perceived value of the degree and Net costs to students didn't change so the "college" benefitted immensely.

A1pigskin
09-02-2013, 02:48 AM
Rollie Greeno is highly respected.