PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs KSU-position matchup

democat
08-15-2013, 03:06 PM
The following was taken from another Bison site (bisonation.com). What do you guys think?

Coaches =slight adv ksu (bohl was dc on natl champ team, 2time FCS champ)
QB =. NDSU. 2 time natl champ, 28-2 record in last 30 starts
RB =. Slight adv NDSU 2 1000 yarded, Hubert very solid & better overall back
WR=. KSU. Not even close
OL =. Slight adv ksu 3 senior stars vs NDSU 1 senior star.
DL = NDSU senior jirik, drevlow and perry/Emmanuel are beasts, ksu returners have 17 tackles total
LB = NDSU. Senior grant Olson 29 tackles 1 game, littlejohn & beck. Ksu has Jon Truman that's about it
SEC = slight adv NDSU. All American MWILL. And safety heagle nfl prospects, KSU Ty Zimmerman great, 2 cbs=1 int
Special = KSU. Speed speed speed. NDSU mwill is their threat

5-4 NDSU wins a close battle, indicative of the future game.

TAILG8R
08-15-2013, 03:09 PM
I think anything that comes from that site should have a disclaimer permanently attached to it.

Bison 4 Life
08-15-2013, 03:10 PM
I think Lakes is a pretty deluded dude. There is no one position that NDSU should be favored. KSU would have to play a sub par game and NDSU would have to be perfect. We all recognize that.

tmcats
08-15-2013, 03:35 PM
I think Lakes is a pretty deluded dude. There is no one position that NDSU should be favored. KSU uld have to play a sub par game and NDSU would have to be perfect. We all recognize that.

equating number like those above is like comparing a speed boat with a battleship. they simply are not in the same class. however, the boat can run around a make life miserable for the ship if its big guns have targeting problems. no question about it. that said, yes, delusional is the best word i too can use to describe the opening post comparatives. for example - ol slight advantage k-state? one of the best lines in the country is a 'slight' advantage k-state? good lord.

SDbison
08-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Lakes did a great job on his analysis. Some posters from the upper midwest can't take credit for anything. Sure these teams are in two different subdivisions, but the difference in talent is way overrated, especially when comparing an experienced, smart and confident team like NDSU to a team like KSU that lost a heisman candidate QB and most of their defense from last year. Bison 4 Life..........really? No position the Bison should be favored????????????

KilldeerBison
08-15-2013, 03:56 PM
equating number like those above is like comparing a speed boat with a battleship. they simply are not in the same class. however, the boat can run around a make life miserable for the ship if its big guns have targeting problems. no question about it. that said, yes, delusional is the best word i too can use to describe the opening post comparatives. for example - ol slight advantage k-state? one of the best lines in the country is a 'slight' advantage k-state? good lord.

I've never seen the Bison compared to a battleship before, I kinda like it!

tony
08-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Football is about match-ups.

For example, it doesn't matter how NDSU's OL compares to KSU's OL because they won't be on the field at the same time except during the handshake.

KSU's defensive line doesn't have much experience but they have size and depth. NDSU's offensive line is pretty young. That should be a good match up.
KSU's offensive line is outstanding. NDSU's defensive line is going to be without Perry and is not nearly as big or deep as KSU's. Might be a problem.
Their WRs against our DBs is going to be a crucial matchup.

Bison 4 Life
08-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Simple concept. This will be won by a team who can play together.

missingnumber7
08-15-2013, 04:01 PM
I've never seen the Bison compared to a battleship before, I kinda like it!I don't know Bison Vs Ditka was a good matchup...Ditka was just to...well Ditka and it was to much for the Bison to overcome.

GradBison
08-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Simple concept. This will be won by a team who can play together.

Simpler still, it will be won by the team who scores more points.

moosbah
08-15-2013, 04:21 PM
I think Lakes is a pretty deluded dude. There is no one position that NDSU should be favored. KSU would have to play a sub par game and NDSU would have to be perfect. We all recognize that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

SDbison
08-15-2013, 04:26 PM
NDSU doesn't have the slightest advantage in any one area compared to KSU?...........some Bison fans really don't know much about football, or just want to play to the visiting trolls.

GOBISON123
08-15-2013, 06:03 PM

That line in Bold right there is a worth a million dollars, because it also gives a hint how BISON can outrun the battleship.....SPEED......i have been saying this all along SPEED.

HerdBot
08-15-2013, 06:04 PM
This is pointless since the KSU offense doesn't play the NDSU offense or vice versa. How does our O match up to their D

SDbison
08-15-2013, 06:30 PM
This is pointless since the KSU offense doesn't play the NDSU offense or vice versa. How does our O match up to their D I like to think those who choose to compare position to position do consider which team will have more advantage over the other at that position when playing the game. For example, giving KSU a slight advantage over NDSU for the o-line is correct. NDSU's O-line will do well against KSU's less experienced d-line, and KSU's o-line with all the NFL candidates should do well against an excellent FCS d-line of NDSU. Slight edge to KSU. Any argument here?

HerdBot
08-15-2013, 06:39 PM
I like to think those who choose to compare position to position do consider which team will have more advantage over the other at that position when playing the game. For example, giving KSU a slight advantage over NDSU for the o-line is correct. NDSU's O-line will do well against KSU's less experienced d-line, and KSU's o-line with all the NFL candidates should do well against an excellent FCS d-line of NDSU. Slight edge to KSU. Any argument here?

Depends if their style matches up with quicker gap shooting lineman like we have

56BISON73
08-15-2013, 06:50 PM
That line in Bold right there is a worth a million dollars, because it also gives a hint how BISON can outrun the battleship.....SPEED......i have been saying this all along SPEED.

How did all that speed work against the YSU battleship a few years ago?

BisonFan02
08-15-2013, 06:59 PM

Did we just go northern SPEED on someone? Like the crazie or southern speed?

democat
08-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Our battleship is pretty fast.

BisonFan02
08-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Our battleship is pretty fast.

http://bharrison.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/spinal_tap_but_it_goes_to_eleven.jpg

ndsubison1
08-15-2013, 09:07 PM
The following was taken from another Bison site (bisonation.com). What do you guys think?

Coaches =slight adv ksu (bohl was dc on natl champ team, 2time FCS champ)
QB =. NDSU. 2 time natl champ, 28-2 record in last 30 starts
RB =. Slight adv NDSU 2 1000 yarded, Hubert very solid & better overall back
WR=. KSU. Not even close
OL =. Slight adv ksu 3 senior stars vs NDSU 1 senior star.
DL = NDSU senior jirik, drevlow and perry/Emmanuel are beasts, ksu returners have 17 tackles total
LB = NDSU. Senior grant Olson 29 tackles 1 game, littlejohn & beck. Ksu has Jon Truman that's about it
SEC = slight adv NDSU. All American MWILL. And safety heagle nfl prospects, KSU Ty Zimmerman great, 2 cbs=1 int
Special = KSU. Speed speed speed. NDSU mwill is their threat

5-4 NDSU wins a close battle, indicative of the future game.

too bad the QBs, LBs, DLs, dont play against one another.

NodakGreg
08-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Good assessment Democat.
ITs first game jitters on who settles in first, and takes control.
Their team speed, size, and depth is all KSU's advantage.
However, new defense untested, means Senior QB Dr.Jensen spreads the field and goes to work.
I think this is where the game is won. How our offense controls the time of possession, and keeps our defense fresh will be the key.
Boy does this game have sooo many scenarios it justs make want to start heading to Manhattan right now!
Give em hell Herd!