MNLonghorn10
08-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Yay less people in line for ga

HerdBot
08-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Wow the 50/50 raffle is now 100% CASH homey

TAILG8R
08-07-2013, 08:04 PM
I love that those in reserved will not be allowed to drive through to GA and park their cars. This used to piss me off, reserved parkers taking up spots in the GA.

tony
08-07-2013, 08:05 PM
I love that those in reserved will not be allowed to drive through to GA and park their cars. This used to piss me off, reserved parkers taking up spots in the GA.

In the GA tailgating lot?

TAILG8R
08-07-2013, 08:09 PM
In the GA tailgating lot?

Yeah, I'm not sure how many parking passes you get with reserved spots but some with reserved tailgating passes would park their rig, trailer or whatever in reserved and the others in the group would park their cars in GA so they wouldn't take up room out of their reserved spots. So when the lots opened for GA there were 15-20 cars already parked in the first row of GA.

Bison03
08-07-2013, 08:11 PM
So, what all did Simmers say other then 50/50 raffle?

bisondomin8
08-07-2013, 08:21 PM
I would really like to ask him about the priority seating money. The whole thing is a sham IMO. For example, do you really think EVERYONE in row T for reserved sideline tickets pays hundreds more for people sitting in row U one row behind them. I really doubt it. There are some grandfathered in while newcomers have to pay big bucks. The team maker donation system for priority seating is totally rigged in my book. This is complete nonsense: http://gobison.com/documents/2013/5/23/FBSeasonTickets2013.pdf?id=3. Go herd!

KilldeerBison
08-07-2013, 08:23 PM

I always wondered how those people were getting into the GA early, the new rule should actually help. I suppose the reserved lot will seem more cramped now, with vehicles not being able to park off reserved spots. I don't think this is going to solve the early waiting lines, since it will still be first come first serve. One point though, at many games last year the tailgate lot was completely sold out with people still looking for additional space. NDSU needs to add additional tailgating areas, this doesn't solve the shortage issue.

Bison"FANatic"
08-07-2013, 08:27 PM
I would really like to ask him about the priority seating money. The whole thing is a sham IMO. For example, do you really think EVERYONE in row T for reserved sideline tickets pays hundreds more for people sitting in row U one row behind them. I really doubt it. There are some grandfathered in while newcomers have to pay big bucks. The team maker donation system for priority seating is totally rigged in my book. This is complete nonsense: http://gobison.com/documents/2013/5/23/FBSeasonTickets2013.pdf?id=3. Go herd!

I had the same complaint 6 years ago but in that time I have been told they have worked hard to get them evened out and get people up to todays levels. I even have friends that dropped their corporate tickets because they were just raised to much for them to justify keeping them, so the prices has been raised on them.

Bison03
08-07-2013, 08:30 PM

I would think they have to have a designate what seats are what prrice somewhere. If row T can be the same as row U, then why not S, or R, or A? Only a few years ago, Row AA and up required $0.00 in Teammaker dues, and as recent as last year, there was still GA seating. Sideline reserverd tickets were $20 not that long ago, now they are $35. Now all that has changed due to the high demand. I'm don't think anyone is "grandfathered in." If Teammakers says you must pay this much per seat and you don't want to, there are plenty people on a waiting like behind them that will pay that money. It is the good and bad of having a popular team.

aces1180
08-07-2013, 08:30 PM

How do you figure its rigged? Does loyalty to the program not count for anything? If you can't afford to donate, then don't sit there...It's that easy.

KilldeerBison
08-07-2013, 08:31 PM

I think most college football programs run like this. You get to renew your season tickets/seats once you have committed to them. I would guess that some of those people bought those tickets/seats many years ago, before the big bucks, and have continued to renew their tickets each year. I think the reserved tailgate lot works the same way? Also, this provides a first chance to get home playoff tickets.

tony
08-07-2013, 08:36 PM

Well, the priority points deal just comes along to assign new tickets.

I'll have to ask my buddy who is in section 33 how much his costs have gone up because they have gone up. Of course, we're talking double-letter seat which are a good bargain. The problem for new people is that unless you can write a $20,000 check, there are going to be a lot of people with more priority points due to their decades of donating a bit every year.

56BISON73
08-07-2013, 08:38 PM

Call him 701-231-9555.

I know that the different pricing is a fact. About 3-4 years ago I upgraded my TM membership which allowed me to move to better seating. I paid for seating in section 1 row T. About 2 week later I received a phone call asking me if they could move my seats because somebody wrote them a BIG check and they needed 4 seats together. I told them what ever they needed to do was fine with me to make the big donor happy. They moved my seats up to row Y. At that time they refunded the difference of the cost of the seats.

Yes some are grandfathered in but they are raising their price as time goes by to get them up to the levels they need to be at. Those people have had season tickets and donated for YEARS. You take care of those people. Its good business.
For younger people this is the way it is in big time football. Get used to it. You cant expect to move people out just because you want tickets.

CHADSTAUS
08-07-2013, 11:57 PM
The system is fair and works. The closer to the front and 50 yd line you sit, the bigger the check it takes. Nothing wrong with that.

SlickVic
08-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Eff mcfeeley I much prefer jay thomas...velvet deer horn antlers 》grandfathered in cheap skates such as PL.

Bison Dan
08-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure how many parking passes you get with reserved spots but some with reserved tailgating passes would park their rig, trailer or whatever in reserved and the others in the group would park their cars in GA so they wouldn't take up room out of their reserved spots. So when the lots opened for GA there were 15-20 cars already parked in the first row of GA.None - you park in your reserved spots. Our group has 4 spots and we park in 2 and setup our tent in the other 2.

imabison
08-08-2013, 02:06 PM
None - you park in your reserved spots. Our group has 4 spots and we park in 2 and setup our tent in the other 2.

However not everyone in the initial reserved lots just west of the dome did as you do. JUst about mid season last year they finally started stopping cars from
driving to the new concrete lot and parking after unloading in their spots.

BisonTeacher
08-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Confused. Your telling me if I park in the east lot and carry my cooler over to visit with friends who are tailgating in reserved spots, they wont let me?

tony
08-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Confused. Your telling me if I park in the east lot and carry my cooler over to visit with friends who are tailgating in reserved spots, they wont let me?

If I'm getting it right, they won't allow people to with reserved spots to use their ability to get in early to gobble up the non-reserved spots.

Bison Dan
08-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Confused. Your telling me if I park in the east lot and carry my cooler over to visit with friends who are tailgating in reserved spots, they wont let me?You'll be fine.

GOB1SON
08-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Couple years ago I asked Pat when our seats were going to go up and he replied that first he had to get everyone in my section to the same price level, which would take some time. I know a couple that sits 5 rows in front of us, and they are still paying about half what our seats cost, but they have had their tickets since the 80's. We upgraded in 07.

roadwarrior
08-08-2013, 02:54 PM

This has nothing to do with your situation.

The change is that there will be one way into the GA tailgate section, and that is off of 17th avenue. If you have a reserved tailgate spot, you won't be able to unload your stuff at your spot, and then proceed to park your car in the GA tailgate lot. Unless of course you go out to 17th avenue, pay your $3 and enter.

TAILG8R
08-08-2013, 02:55 PM
None - you park in your reserved spots. Our group has 4 spots and we park in 2 and setup our tent in the other 2.

Right you did what you were supposed to do but plenty of others didn't. I watched quite a few reserved lot cars drive into the reserved lot when it opened, right on through into the GA lot, jump out and head back over to their reserved spots. Essentially they were using the GA lot as a parking lot so they wouldn't have to take up their reserved spots with their cars. This has happened every week since forever.

BisonTeacher
08-08-2013, 03:57 PM
This has nothing to do with your situation.

The change is that there will be one way into the GA tailgate section, and that is off of 17th avenue. If you have a reserved tailgate spot, you won't be able to unload your stuff at your spot, and then proceed to park your car in the GA tailgate lot. Unless of course you go out to 17th avenue, pay your $3 and enter.

Thats why I wrote "confused" and asked the question. Thanks for clarifying.

dragonsfan
08-08-2013, 04:08 PM
open up all lots to alcohol and then designate 1 area to non-alcohol to appease the tea tottlers, lets really see what fargo/ndsu can bring to the party you already have a thousand police & security around and sell beer for $8/glass inside its 2013 lets start milking this cash cow for the new football stadium/expansion of fargodome

HerdBot
08-08-2013, 04:50 PM
open up all lots to alcohol and then designate 1 area to non-alcohol to appease the tea tottlers, lets really see what fargo/ndsu can bring to the party you already have a thousand police & security around and sell beer for $8/glass inside its 2013 lets start milking this cash cow for the new football stadium/expansion of fargodome

Eventually yes but if we open up too many too soon, people will quit paying for reserved. The reserved fees pay for everything. Once we filter out all the people who park but don't tailgate it will alleviate part of the problem

TAILG8R
08-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Eventually yes but if we open up too many too soon, people will quit paying for reserved. The reserved fees pay for everything. Once we filter out all the people who park but don't tailgate it will alleviate part of the problem

The only way to do that is charge more than $3 per spot in the GA lot.

BisonNation11
08-08-2013, 04:53 PM

You're kidding right? I don't have reserved spots and I don't care how many spots they open up, I'd still want reserved spots. Knowing I can come there 10 minutes before my 30 minute early entrance time, have the same spots every time, not have to wait in line, and get to know my neighbors is something I can't wait to have.

HerdBot
08-08-2013, 04:57 PM
The only way to do that is charge more than $3 per spot in the GA lot.

Taking half the lot and charging $90 per spot will help. Simmers said they are looking at raising the $3 fee. Personally $3 is silly cheap. Most people bought more than they needed. We always grabbed an extra spot

HerdBot
08-08-2013, 04:59 PM
You're kidding right? I don't have reserved spots and I don't care how many spots they open up, I'd still want reserved spots. Knowing I can come there 10 minutes before my 30 minute early entrance time, have the same spots every time, not have to wait in line, and get to know my neighbors is something I can't wait to have.

Not if you could drink on the east side and it was just as busy and there was no wait. Everyone is different. What if you don't like your neighbors? Mine thought we we're too loud

BisonNation11
08-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Not if you could drink on the east side and it was just as busy and there was no wait. Everyone is different. What if you don't like your neighbors? Mine thought we we're too loud

Party is on the west side, that's where I want to be. And your neighbors must have been lame. It's a party, not a tea party.

HerdBot
08-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Party is on the west side, that's where I want to be. And your neighbors must have been lame. It's a party, not a tea party.

I say raise the price for GA parking from $3 to $5
Open up a small spot along 19th avenue on the east side. Keep the rest of the milk lot as is. If we outgrow it, add more GA to the east lot south along Albrect. That way they wont need much additional security as they can walk a loop.

Demand will still be there for reserved. A trip down 19th Ave would look bad ass and extend the view if tailgating. You would see a sea of flags and tailgating rigs from the candlewood all the way to 19th/university

tony
08-08-2013, 07:39 PM
My goals (tailgating) once I can get to more games.

1. Get a reserved spot (two)
2. Set up a prefab 300 sq foot pub on my two spots (not sure about the dimensions of spaces - I'm guessing that two spaces must be 17' x 18'?) Pretty sure that I've been in a pub smaller than that.

I'm thinking that I'd have to set it up on a trailer and it'll involve lots of fiberglass panels. Dang, wish we could set up the night before.

Bison bison
08-08-2013, 08:01 PM
two words: helo copter.

KilldeerBison
08-08-2013, 08:09 PM
two words: helo copter BUS.

Fixed it for ya.

56BISON73
08-08-2013, 08:12 PM

But its a party for everyone to enjoy. Not everyone wants to have there neighbors music blasting out of their ass etc etc.

runtheoption
08-08-2013, 08:46 PM
But its a party for everyone to enjoy. Not everyone wants to have there neighbors music blasting out of their ass etc etc. But then those that have to turn down their music are not enjoying it anymore.

56BISON73
08-08-2013, 08:51 PM
But then those that have to turn down their music are not enjoying it anymore.

:rofl::rofl:

runtheoption
08-08-2013, 08:57 PM
:rofl::rofl: You just wait until I and all (1) of my friends come to your bar, crank up the juke box, and show those southern Minny folks how to have a good time. Then you will come to tailgating and say to the Frisco Cruiser, "Two words: TURN IT UP!"

gumby013
08-08-2013, 08:58 PM
My goals (tailgating) once I can get to more games.

1. Get a reserved spot (two)
2. Set up a prefab 300 sq foot pub on my two spots (not sure about the dimensions of spaces - I'm guessing that two spaces must be 17' x 18'?) Pretty sure that I've been in a pub smaller than that.

I'm thinking that I'd have to set it up on a trailer and it'll involve lots of fiberglass panels. Dang, wish we could set up the night before.

I'm thinking more "Oktoberfest Pre-Game Tent". They can fin 10,000+ people in the real ones in Munich. One of those should do for tailgating.

56BISON73
08-08-2013, 09:03 PM
You just wait until I and all (1) of my friends come to your bar, crank up the juke box, and show those southern Minny folks how to have a good time. Then you will come to tailgating and say to the Frisco Cruiser, "Two words: TURN IT UP!"

If you be spending$$$$$$$$$I will turn it up as loud as you want. :biggrin: Too many great and funny stories told at tailgate that would be missed. If I want loud music where I cant have a conversation with the person next to me I will go to a concert :biggrin:

BisonTeacher
08-08-2013, 09:07 PM
If you be spending$$$$$$$$$I will turn it up as loud as you want. :biggrin: Too many great and funny stories told at tailgate that would be missed. If I want loud music where I cant have a conversation with the person next to me I will go to a concert :biggrin:

This. I enjoy music while tailgating but if you cant talk to others its too loud.

56BISON73
08-08-2013, 09:11 PM
You just wait until I and all (1) of my friends come to your bar, crank up the juke box, and show those southern Minny folks how to have a good time. Then you will come to tailgating and say to the Frisco Cruiser, "Two words: TURN IT UP!"

ps Get off my lawn!!!!!!!

tony
08-08-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm thinking more "Oktoberfest Pre-Game Tent". They can fin 10,000+ people in the real ones in Munich. One of those should do for tailgating.

I'll have to go and do some research, I think.

imabison
08-08-2013, 09:40 PM

And they just pile people up outside as they pass out...I know a person who had first hand knowledge as he woke up as his traveling partners pulled him off the pile :) :)

T-Funk
08-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Here's a podcast of the Simmers interview: http://kfgo.com/podcasts/mike-mcfeely-show/983/pat-simmers/

56BISON73
08-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Here's a podcast of the Simmers interview: http://kfgo.com/podcasts/mike-mcfeely-show/983/pat-simmers/

Thanks!!!!!!