PDA

View Full Version : Is Beck at fall practice?

FarSouth Bison
08-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Just wondering if he is here practicing!

HooliganBison
08-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Jody Norstedt ‏@J_Norstedt 13m

From Bison practice: Suspended LB Travis Beck was dressed with the rest of the team, but DID NOT participate in any drills. #BisonFB

HooliganBison
08-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Jody Norstedt ‏@J_Norstedt 12s

As I mentioned previously: Travis Beck in uniform, but no drills. Esley Thorton took his place with 1st team LBs. #BisonFB

SDbison
08-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Sorry, but wtf is Bohl waiting for??????????? Shit or get off the pot. What is the possible rationale for waiting to put this issue behind us. Is he suspending Beck from practice? Why let him dress and then sit there. Makes no sense. Punish him by making him watch so he falls behind in preparation? Really? Just make a statement about what if any punishment and get over it. Personally, I think Beck's actions deserve little or no punishment. The Fargo police should be reprimanded and the Forum ought to quit publishing their worthless rag.

IzzyFlexion
08-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Sorry, but wtf is Bohl waiting for??????????? Shit or get off the pot. What is the possible rationale for waiting to put this issue behind us. Is he suspending Beck from practice? Why let him dress and then sit there. Makes no sense. Punish him by making him watch so he falls behind in preparation? Really? Just make a statement about what if any punishment and get over it. Personally, I think Beck's actions deserve little or no punishment. The Fargo police should be reprimanded and the Forum ought to quit publishing their worthless rag.

WTF SD?!?!
What's you're problem?
You mean to tell me that it's not appropriate for the Fargo PD to give the dashcam tape to the Foolem and they in turn put it online before the kid even has a hearing?!?!
Get a clue!

Just in case you're color blind, SD.......this entire post is in purple. I can't afford to risk death at this time.

SDbison
08-03-2013, 04:20 PM
WTF SD?!?!
What's you're problem?
You mean to tell me that it's not appropriate for the Fargo PD to give the dashcam tape to the Foolem and they in turn put it online before the kid even has a hearing?!?!
Get a clue!

Just in case you're color blind, SD.......this entire post is in purple. I can't afford to risk death at this time. ha ha Izzy................thanks for the laugh. I needed it to lower my blood pressure.

IzzyFlexion
08-03-2013, 04:24 PM
ha ha Izzy................thanks for the laugh. I needed it to lower my blood pressure.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AmW1dzeLxNU/TTUpbIjAmuI/AAAAAAAAAP4/mzC-k4wovh0/s320/Whew_Full.jpg

BadlandsBison
08-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Izzy and SD could use a good LAPD beat down

Bison"FANatic"
08-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Looks like a change of plea notice was filed yesterday and the hearing will be on the 19th so it is a good sign it is getting finished up and he is at practice. Wonder if he will plea to something lesser????

stevdock
08-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Looks like a change of plea notice was filed yesterday and the hearing will be on the 19th so it is a good sign it is getting finished up and he is at practice. Wonder if he will plea to something lesser????

Before we go off and wonder why he's not playing against KSU, remember that if he does plea to something lesser that is his 2nd offense. Which in the past, I believe, has always meant suspension of some kind.

BisonNeil
08-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Before we go off and wonder why he's not playing against KSU, remember that if he does plea to something lesser that is his 2nd offense. Which in the past, I believe, has always meant suspension of some kind.

Bohl should take a page out of Hakstol's coaching philosophy book, suspend Beck for a game that the third stringers could win, i.e., Ferris State.

SDbison
08-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Before we go off and wonder why he's not playing against KSU, remember that if he does plea to something lesser that is his 2nd offense. Which in the past, I believe, has always meant suspension of some kind. How do you know Beck is suspended for the KSU game........there has been no announcement. Also, if Beck is not yet reinstated why is he allowed to dress for practice? Is it possible he has a minor injury that prevents him from practicing?

BisonNation11
08-03-2013, 09:33 PM
How do you know Beck is suspended for the KSU game........there has been no announcement. Also, if Beck is not yet reinstated why is he allowed to dress for practice? Is it possible he has a minor injury that prevents him from practicing?

According to the media blog, Beck is out with concussion type symptoms...

Got a glimpse at Gee Tucker and Plank in the latest blog as well.

SDbison
08-03-2013, 09:59 PM
According to the media blog, Beck is out with concussion type symptoms...

Got a glimpse at Gee Tucker and Plank in the latest blog as well. Now that is a factual post. Thanks!

SlickVic
08-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Let him play enough with the nanny state if mitt was pres this country would have unbiased media so beck could play

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Let him play enough with the nanny state if mitt was pres this country would have unbiased media so beck could play

http://replygif.net/i/101.gif

Tatanka
08-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Bohl should take a page out of Hakstol's coaching philosophy book, suspend Beck for a game that the third stringers could win, i.e., Ferris State.

According to the Herald's well researched 100% truthful in no way biased against NDSU editorial, un_ does not have this kind of ethical dilemma. Your post is invalid. Please resubmit.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

56BISON73
08-04-2013, 12:23 AM
According to the Bohl interview they are concerned with some medical issues that TB has. As in concussion symptoms. Nothing was mentioned as far as legal issues. He did say TB was on the team.

southcliffbison
08-04-2013, 01:29 AM

"little or no punishment"? Hell, I think he deserves a statue in front of the dome or some similar award. There are those in this world who walk around it screaming, "beat me up, beat me up"........ like that 6' 6" 275 lb. dipshit . Fortunately, for him, there are those people, like young Beck at 6 ft 200 and nothing, who are happy to oblige them. Good for him and good for the rest of us.........personally, I like that type of individual with that type of temperament playing linebacker for the Bison. To the NDSU haters out there, go fuck yourself.

Grizzled
08-04-2013, 02:19 AM
"little or no punishment"? Hell, I think he deserves a statue in front of the dome or some similar award. There are those in this world who walk around it screaming, "beat me up, beat me up"........ like that 6' 6" 275 lb. dipshit . Fortunately, for him, there are those people, like young Beck at 6 ft 200 and nothing, who are happy to oblige them. Good for him and good for the rest of us.........personally, I like that type of individual with that type of temperament playing linebacker for the Bison. To the NDSU haters out there, go fuck yourself.

I'm a man, I'm 40.

The kid has ran from the cops twice. That I can't agree with. I have no problem with the fighting.

344Johnson
08-04-2013, 02:26 AM
I'm a man, I'm 40.

The kid has ran from the cops twice. That I can't agree with. I have no problem with the fighting. I have more of a problem with him fighting than running.

CalBison97
08-04-2013, 02:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjF93E4LjlA
I'm a man, I'm 40.

The kid has ran from the cops twice. That I can't agree with. I have no problem with the fighting.

TbonZach
08-04-2013, 03:30 AM
I'm a man, I'm 40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-t2PDrqPCc

(yes, that is Biff from Back To The Future)

TransAmBison
08-04-2013, 03:32 AM
I've run from the cops a heckuva lot more times that twice. :hide: Almost had to run from the cops today.*

*Actually no chance of running...with two squad cars I figured my chance of getting away weren't too good.

MAKBison
08-04-2013, 03:42 AM
I hope that Beck is going to be ok. It sounds like he has PCS....that's not a joke! Does anyone know the origin of his CS? …is it lingering from last year, the fight, or something new?

SDbison
08-04-2013, 03:47 AM
I'm a man, I'm 40.
The kid has ran from the cops twice. That I can't agree with. I have no problem with the fighting. When did Beck ever run from the cops? During this incident he never ran, just started to walk away while the incompetent cops made sure to assume he was guilty.

GOBISON123
08-04-2013, 03:50 AM
I'm a man, I'm 40.

If you see me in downtown, you better start running too you son of a bitch. Don't sit there and judge TB, that young blood was being a man, something you are not , something you will never be and something you will never understand. Fuck off you puff.

Tatanka
08-04-2013, 03:57 AM
That escalated quickly.

BisonFan02
08-04-2013, 03:59 AM
That escalated quickly.

Yes indeed it did.

MAKBison
08-04-2013, 04:00 AM
I think we should start a BV fight club. I offer to host.

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

BlueBisonRock
08-04-2013, 04:02 AM
I'm a man, I'm 40.

Ran once. Wandered away with a slight stagger once. Of course, I could be wrong as there was no video for the first incident.

56BISON73
08-04-2013, 04:10 AM
If you see me in downtown, you better start running too you son of a bitch. Don't sit there and judge TB, that young blood was being a man, something you are not , something you will never be and something you will never understand. Fuck off you puff.

Be careful for what you wish for.

BisonFan02
08-04-2013, 04:12 AM
I think we should start a BV fight club. I offer to host.

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

We just lost Izzy

GOBISON123
08-04-2013, 04:45 AM
"Be careful for what you wish for. "

TB should not be penalized for something that was not his fault. Throw that out of state punk who started all this in jail for disturbing the peace.

IzzyFlexion
08-04-2013, 12:47 PM
That escalated quickly.

Besides the FFD, does anyone know how many escalators there are in North Dakota?

tony
08-04-2013, 12:51 PM
The concussion symptoms deal is worrisome (of course.)

Get well soon, Travis.

BisonNation11
08-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Besides the FFD, does anyone know how many escalators there are in North Dakota?

Can't tell if you're serious or not, but I will throw out there the 2 at the airport and 2 at Scheels. 2 in JCPenney's. I know this is stemming off that whole SD news story, but those are the ones in Fargo that I can think of.

And what the hell were you doing north of Sheboygan?

Grizzled
08-04-2013, 03:11 PM

Did I strike a nerve? A little close to home? The original rant reminded me of Mike Gundy's rant. Maybe I should have used the purple font so you could have understood it.

I'm not judging anyone. I'm looking at what Beck was previously charged of and what he is currently charged of. It bothers me cause its his second charge for the same offense. If he wouldn't have "wondered away", this whole incident would be over. Now, when he goes back to court, it gets brought up again.

tjbison
08-04-2013, 03:13 PM

geez, that's a little harsh isn't it?

SDbison
08-04-2013, 03:30 PM
The concussion symptoms deal is worrisome (of course.)

Get well soon, Travis. Back on topic........I agree Tony. Does anybody know if Travis accidently made contact with another helmet or fallback and hit his head yesterday? I assume yesterday was a light workout day with helmet and shorts. At least that is what I saw in the short video. Really worries me if he has concussion symptoms without recent significant impact.

westnodak93bison
08-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Back on topic........I agree Tony. Does anybody know if Travis accidently made contact with another helmet or fallback and hit his head yesterday? I assume yesterday was a light workout day with helmet and shorts. At least that is what I saw in the short video. Really worries me if he has concussion symptoms without recent significant impact.

Or could it be from the incident?

BisonNation11
08-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Back on topic........I agree Tony. Does anybody know if Travis accidently made contact with another helmet or fallback and hit his head yesterday? I assume yesterday was a light workout day with helmet and shorts. At least that is what I saw in the short video. Really worries me if he has concussion symptoms without recent significant impact.

Does anybody else see this as a ploy/diversion to keep the talk off TB? I don't know anything and am clearly just throwing this out there, but it just seems odd to me that suddenly on the first day he has concussion symptoms but Bohl was quite easily willing to admit he has back on the team... Nobody bothered to ask CB why he made the decision to let him back on the team, when that decision was made, etc... I mean the guy has the starting gig, I'm sure has stayed in great shape over the summer, and all he has to do is implement any new schemes that my be placed into the defense. He doesn't have to fight for his position and keeping him on the sidelines will give Thorton and the rest of the backups more reps. Just seems odd to me. I do hope he is healthy and everything will be ok with TB if something is wrong.

GOBISON123
08-04-2013, 04:38 PM
geez, that's a little harsh isn't it?

My bad, I felt bad after writing this.

CarringtonBison
08-04-2013, 05:19 PM
That escalated quickly.

This is always so much better with Ron Burgundy with it

IzzyFlexion
08-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Can't tell if you're serious or not (1), but I will throw out there the 2 at the airport and 2 at Scheels. 2 in JCPenney's. I know this is stemming off that whole SD news story, but those are the ones in Fargo that I can think of.

And what the hell were you doing north of Sheboygan? (2)

Number 1: If you ever catch me being serious...............just end me.

Number 2: #horseshitjob

56BISON73
08-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Number 1: If you ever catch me being serious...............just end me.

Number 2: #horseshitjob

They make some pretty good sausage around them thar parts,

BisonNation11
08-04-2013, 06:47 PM
They make some pretty good sausage around them thar parts,

They just had their brat days celebration. I've never been, but the fiance, her family, and friends tell me it's a great time with great food.

SamsRams
08-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Did I strike a nerve? A little close to home? The original rant reminded me of Mike Gundy's rant. Maybe I should have used the purple font so you could have understood it.

I'm not judging anyone. I'm looking at what Beck was previously charged of and what he is currently charged of. It bothers me cause its his second charge for the same offense. If he wouldn't have "wondered away", this whole incident would be over. Now, when he goes back to court, it gets brought up again.

Resisting arrest is the bs charge that cops throw on almost any charge, other one is obstructing. the nazi's that are law enforcement know they can pile these charges on with no evidence. standard operating procedure. this is why we as true Americans should film interactions with police. No video and audio evidence police can do anything including murder

onbison09
08-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Does anybody else see this as a ploy/diversion to keep the talk off TB? I don't know anything and am clearly just throwing this out there, but it just seems odd to me that suddenly on the first day he has concussion symptoms but Bohl was quite easily willing to admit he has back on the team... Nobody bothered to ask CB why he made the decision to let him back on the team, when that decision was made, etc... I mean the guy has the starting gig, I'm sure has stayed in great shape over the summer, and all he has to do is implement any new schemes that my be placed into the defense. He doesn't have to fight for his position and keeping him on the sidelines will give Thorton and the rest of the backups more reps. Just seems odd to me. I do hope he is healthy and everything will be ok with TB if something is wrong.

Or he could've just given Thorton the majority of the reps while giving Beck limited ones. I see your point but it's hard for me to believe.

56BISON73
08-04-2013, 07:53 PM

Doesnt seem to be working does it. How many people have asked in the past two weeks. Then you have all of the scenarios etc. People wont leave it alone.

SDbison
08-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Resisting arrest is the bs charge that cops throw on almost any charge, other one is obstructing. the nazi's that are law enforcement know they can pile these charges on with no evidence. standard operating procedure. this is why we as true Americans should film interactions with police. No video and audio evidence police can do anything including murder This ^^^^^^ Americans are apathetic and ignorant and don't believe this is happening. With this occurring at local and state level just imagine what our "can do no wrong" Federal government is capable of.

bisonfanette
08-05-2013, 04:50 AM
Jody Norstedt ‏@J_Norstedt 13m

From Bison practice: Suspended LB Travis Beck was dressed with the rest of the team, but DID NOT participate in any drills. #BisonFB

Glad to hear that TB was at practice... and it proves that you can't believe the talk from others (even an ex-football player, who claimed to have talked to the current players.) What we were told was not the truth. Hoping that better days lie ahead for TB.

aces1180
08-05-2013, 09:03 PM
He'll plead guilty as part of what looks to be a plea deal...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/408211/group/homepage/ (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/408211/group/homepage/)

bisonmike2
08-05-2013, 09:14 PM
He'll plead guilty as part of what looks to be a plea deal...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/408211/group/homepage/ (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/408211/group/homepage/)

He should have fought it.

aces1180
08-05-2013, 09:17 PM
He should have fought it.

My guess is he consulted the coaching staff and this will allow him to play at KSU...If not, I agree he should have fought it.

imabison
08-05-2013, 09:18 PM
My guess is he consulted the coaching staff and this will allow him to play at KSU...If not, I agree he should have fought it.

But will he be allowed to play KSU...It will still depend on the judges decision.

aces1180
08-05-2013, 09:22 PM
But will he be allowed to play KSU...It will still depend on the judges decision.

I doubt the judge is going to drop the hammer here...His attorney is one of the best and he'll protect Travis's best interests, IMO.

westnodak93bison
08-05-2013, 09:38 PM
So they won't give him the benefit of the doubt after getting punched in the head by one or maybe two guys?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

houndawg
08-05-2013, 09:43 PM
So they won't give him the benefit of the doubt after getting punched in the head by one or maybe two guys?

On his second offense?

KilldeerBison
08-05-2013, 09:44 PM

Isn't there a way that you can ask the judge, after hearing the evidence, to determine whether or not you are guilty or innocent?

westnodak93bison
08-05-2013, 10:06 PM
On his second offense?

So what is the police excuse for letting him wander off?

tony
08-05-2013, 10:17 PM
On his second offense?

His first offense was a MIP (minor in possession of alcohol.) Hardly a career criminal.

houndawg
08-05-2013, 10:17 PM

Well, I wouldn't know about that, I'm just saying that imo he's pretty lucky to still be on the team at all being a repeat offender and all. Kill would have booted him on the second incident regardless.

MNLonghorn10
08-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Well, I wouldn't know about that, I'm just saying that imo he's pretty lucky to still be on the team at all being a repeat offender and all. Kill would have booted him on the second incident regardless.
what if this was about getting a second speeding ticket...would you feel Beck is lucky to be on the team then?

houndawg
08-05-2013, 10:22 PM
His first offense was a MIP (minor in possession of alcohol.) Hardly a career criminal.

I don't disagree. Some guys just have unfortunate timing.

houndawg
08-05-2013, 10:23 PM
what if this was about getting a second speeding ticket...would you feel Beck is lucky to be on the team then?

Probably not.

houndawg
08-05-2013, 10:25 PM

They're 8th grade dropouts that couldn't get job anywhere else?

KilldeerBison
08-05-2013, 10:27 PM

Says you, Mr. Sanctimonious. Really having fun with whole ordeal, aren't you!. And, I doubt you can say, what coach Kill would do.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-05-2013, 10:52 PM

Maybe that's why the Gophers suck at football.

houndawg
08-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Says you, Mr. Sanctimonious. Really having fun with whole ordeal, aren't you!. And, I doubt you can say, what coach Kill would do.

How am I being sanctimonious? Its more like you being butthurt. I base what Kill would have done by what players have said. He didn't have any problem benching Brandon Jacobs for missing one class.

houndawg
08-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Maybe that's why the Gophers suck at football.

Doubt it, they've sucked for at least 50 years now. Talking BCS talent into moving to Minnesota has got to be among the toughest sells in the college game.

56BISON73
08-05-2013, 11:05 PM

Every coach deals with player issues differently. Every so called infraction or issue has different circumstances. You act as though Kills methods are the bench mark of how to deal with supposed player misconduct.

houndawg
08-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Every coach deals with player issues differently. Every so called infraction or issue has different circumstances. You act as though Kills methods are the bench mark of how to deal with supposed player misconduct.

Not how I meant it. Some of you guys were acting like the kid pulled a baby from a burning building rather than not be smart enough to walk away from an ahole yanking his chain, that's all.

56BISON73
08-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Not how I meant it. Some of you guys were acting like the kid pulled a baby from a burning building rather than not be smart enough to walk away from an ahole yanking his chain, that's all.

Its always easy to make that call after the fact when you werent there and dont know all of the facts.

Bison 4 Life
08-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Doubt it, they've sucked for at least 50 years now. Talking BCS talent into moving to Minnesota has got to be among the toughest sells in the college game.

No worse than Wisconsin or Michigan and Minneapolis is a WAY better town than Madison or Ann Arbor.

Jim Puetz
08-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Sometimes you just gotta hit a guy to get his brain workin. I believe that is all that Travis was trying to do. I think he's a Good Samaritan for recognizing that someone's brain was malfunctioning and jumped in to help out.

Bison"FANatic"
08-06-2013, 12:14 AM
It really doesn't matter what happened previous and fortunately the major charge was dropped but if any one of us was put in handcuffs by the police and then wandered half a block away from the police we to would be charged with something. You just can't do that. It is pled out and now done with except for anything Bohl decides to do if anything more.

tjbison
08-06-2013, 12:18 AM
No worse than Wisconsin or Michigan and Minneapolis is a WAY better town than Madison or Ann Arbor.

or Iowa City, Ames, champaign etc....

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-06-2013, 12:22 AM

Exactly, Minny fans have been using this excuse for years. If Wis. and Mich. can bring in talent, so should Minny. Minny just has a piss poor program from top to bottom and a long tradition of loosing. That is the real excuse for Minny.

mtoutfitter
08-06-2013, 12:30 AM
[I'm not any way, shape or form a gophers fan but I've always figured that the one big strike they have against them is all the pro teams in town. At all the other Big Ten schools the kids are the biggest names in town.....not in Minneapolis!

QUOTE=Bison 4 Life;750020]No worse than Wisconsin or Michigan and Minneapolis is a WAY better town than Madison or Ann Arbor.[/QUOTE]

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-06-2013, 12:33 AM
[I'm not any way, shape or form a gophers fan but I've always figured that the one big strike they have against them is all the pro teams in town. At all the other Big Ten schools the kids are the biggest names in town.....not in Minneapolis!

QUOTE=Bison 4 Life;750020]No worse than Wisconsin or Michigan and Minneapolis is a WAY better town than Madison or Ann Arbor.[/QUOTE]

That is just an excuse. Every one the Big Ten powers campus is just a stone's throw away from a larger city. Minny just sucks from top to bottom, as far as football is concerned.

Bison 4 Life
08-06-2013, 01:20 AM
or Iowa City, Ames, champaign etc....

True but they have a mild winter in their corner. I was mostly aiming towards schools in the northern tier.

houndawg
08-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Its always easy to make that call after the fact when you werent there and dont know all of the facts.

Thats true and I don't mean to sound judgmental, we've had our problems too. I'm sure Coach knows what he's doing.

houndawg
08-06-2013, 02:00 AM

Evidently it is worse judging by 50+ years of suckage...

houndawg
08-06-2013, 02:01 AM

Good point.

tjamz
08-06-2013, 03:42 AM

QUOTE=Bison 4 Life;750020]No worse than Wisconsin or Michigan and Minneapolis is a WAY better town than Madison or Ann Arbor.

Wait.... Minneapolis has a "pro" team? When did this happen?

runtheoption
08-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Isn't there a way that you can ask the judge, after hearing the evidence, to determine whether or not you are guilty or innocent?

Yes, it's called a bench trial or court trial. Same procedure as a jury trial (without the jury), with all the evidence presented, and the judge makes the decision on whether the State has proven the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

I have seen judges reject guilty pleas at plea hearings when after hearing the facts that supposedly make the person guilty, the judge determines they cannot find someone guilty based on those facts. The case then proceeds to trial, with the prosecutor often seriously reconsidering whether the case is worth going to trial.

A1pigskin
08-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know why or where TB received concussion like symptoms?