PDA

View Full Version : No more "Good Luck Friday" chats

Hambone
08-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Well, if for some reason the season goes down in flames for you guys this year, feel free to blame Glenda.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/407874/group/Sports/

Good luck in retirement Glenda!

Bison03
08-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Pretty cool story. It's awesome to have people like this around players to give a positive influence. Was there any other people in the past that were like Glenda that gave this kind of encouragement to NDSU student atletes? It would be cool to hear some stories.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Well, if for some reason the season goes down in flames for you guys this year, feel free to blame Glenda.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/407874/group/Sports/

Good luck in retirement Glenda!

WTF kind of article was that? :facepalm:

Bison4ever56
08-02-2013, 07:51 PM
She also used to have candy on her desk, and would let us take a handful into meetings to help stay awake. One of the nicest persons I've ever met.

Leonardite
08-02-2013, 08:33 PM
WTF kind of article was that? :facepalm:

What do you think is wrong with it?

Edit: I should add that she is a great lady, as everyone has said. I expect (hope!) we'll still see her at plenty of games, home and away.

344Johnson
08-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Let her name her price to work on Fridays, Save Program.

BadlandsBison
08-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Let her name her price to work on Fridays, Save Program.

You have to fire something to save something. I'll allow you to amend your statement

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-02-2013, 11:27 PM
What do you think is wrong with it?

Edit: I should add that she is a great lady, as everyone has said. I expect (hope!) we'll still see her at plenty of games, home and away.

It was Busch League. It basically had no purpose. So someone in NDSU's athletic dept. retired, who gives a rats ass. This is the kind of dribble I would expect to read in my small town paper, not the Fargo Forum. It would have been more appropriate in an inter-office memo, which is about how it read.

Good Luck Friday, for pete's sake, what the heck does that even mean.

Edit: I don't really care what it means.

CalBison97
08-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Our aunt is awesome, Hammy! Too bad you wouldn't let her brainwash you like she did me! You woulda been ALOT happier... ; )

CalBison97
08-02-2013, 11:50 PM
It was Busch League. It basically had no purpose. So someone in NDSU's athletic dept. retired, who gives a rats ass. This is the kind of dribble I would expect to read in my small town paper, not the Fargo Forum. It would have been more appropriate in an inter-office memo, which is about how it read.

God forbid there is something positive written about NDSU athletics.

56BISON73
08-03-2013, 01:42 AM

Wow having a bad day?
She is part of the Bison Family. Not as a fan but the family that grows together from working together and actually living what Bison Pride means. She was part of a tradition. She had the players respect that they would go talk to her. She was a confidant.

Wow just wow.

1998braves64
08-03-2013, 01:55 AM

We gripe about the news now days and when they actually write a "human interest" story as I believe this would fall into people are put off because that isn't "news" heck this use to be what a lot of the news was in newspapers, generally because they reported the happenings in the local area and only the major events from around the nation and on rare occasions the world. Look at newspapers from early 1900s there were tons of as you say bush league articles in those.

Besides it sounds like it was a pretty big tradition for Bison players to stop by and visit her so I don't know why you have your panties in a bunch over it...

Can't wait until August 30th then we can start talking about firing Bohl and Vigen and benching Brock for Wentz... miss those days

Bison bison
08-03-2013, 03:22 AM
Bart: Joe Banks, 82 years young, has come to this pond everyday for the past 17 years to feed the ducks. But last month Joe made a discovery: the ducks were gone. Some say the ducks went to Canada, others say Toronto. And some people think Joe used to sit down there near those ducks. But it could be that there's just no room, in this modern world, for an old man and his ducks.

Hambone
08-03-2013, 03:26 AM
Our aunt is awesome, Hammy! Too bad you wouldn't let her brainwash you like she did me! You woulda been ALOT happier... ; )

Ha - I think she knew we never had a shot to convert me so she didn't try too hard. :)

dang now everyone knows we're related - although I'm sure no one cares......

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Wow having a bad day?
She is part of the Bison Family. Not as a fan but the family that grows together from working together and actually living what Bison Pride means. She was part of a tradition. She had the players respect that they would go talk to her. She was a confidant.

Wow just wow.

Hey, I never said anything bad about this lady. I sure she is a great person and all. I just think the article isn't news worthy, especially in the sports section, and was poorly written, The article is so devoid of information, that I still have no idea what this lady's role with the dept. is/was or what the good luck Friday chant is all about. Not that I really care, though.

My "gripe" is that this article is just poor journalism and not newsworthy, IMO. It reads like it was thrown together in about 1 min. No malice towards anyone.

56BISON73
08-03-2013, 04:56 AM
Hey, I never said anything bad about this lady. I sure she is a great person and all. I just think the article isn't news worthy, especially in the sports section, and was poorly written, The article is so devoid of information, that I still have no idea what this lady's role with the dept. is/was or what the good luck Friday chant is all about. Not that I really care, though.

My "gripe" is that this article is just poor journalism and not newsworthy, IMO. It reads like it was thrown together in about 1 min. No malice towards anyone.

I do think it is news worthy. Especially to those that worked and knew her for the time she was at NDSU. 20 plus years of talking to the FB team on Fridays. Nice tradition!!!! As far as being poorly written I would have to agree.

onbison09
08-03-2013, 04:57 AM

Did you read it?
No, it wasn’t an easy day for the North Dakota State athletic department administrative assistant, whose main contribution was more than handling paperwork.

Case in point came when the football program moved its entire operation to the Fargodome several years ago. Still, the players made it a point to walk over to Klein’s desk in the Bison Sports Arena sports information office for a “Good Luck Friday” chat.

This thread reminds me of one of my dad's favorite sayings "People would complain if their damn ice cream was too cold." Is it THAT big of a deal if this article's in the paper? Will it win a Pulitzer? No but God forbid the newspaper profile locals. I bet it is to her family and players who liked her. You don't have to read it.