PDA

View Full Version : UC Davis Game Televised Statewide

No_Skill
10-28-2006, 11:06 PM
According to zap2it.com the NDSU @ UCD game will be televized across the state.

Bismarck
http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlistings/GridAction.do?fromTimeInMillis=1162670400000

Minot
http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlistings/GridAction.do?lineupId=PC%3a58702

Grand Forks
http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlistings/GridAction.do?lineupId=PC%3a58201

Fargo
http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlistings/GridAction.do?lineupId=PC%3a58102

Jamestown
http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlistings/GridAction.do?lineupId=PC%3a58401

:) :) :) :) :) :)

BisonSig
10-28-2006, 11:15 PM
That's awesome, big game and tv. We need the win.

broke_back_mnt
10-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Do you think any of those are available in Minnesota?

No_Skill
10-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Just punch in your zip code.

KC7
10-29-2006, 02:13 AM
Do you think any of those are available in Minnesota?

JBB do you think we can get a Joe Sensor's or Park Tavern to show it one of their screens.

kchats
10-29-2006, 02:16 AM
DirecTV has it on Comcast Sports West.

broke_back_mnt
10-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Sensors has shown BISON games in the past. I think they would be glad to give one of their screens over to the game.

lakesbison
10-30-2006, 02:20 PM
DAM!! I GOTTA SHOOT A DEER BY NOON SATURDAY!! SO I CAN WATCH!!

GO ME!! KILL THAT BUCK!!!

RedRiver
10-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Isn't that great, the entire state of ND will get to watch their favorite football team again!!

Jdubs21
11-01-2006, 09:31 PM
can anyone tell me what channel exactly it will be on, i dont have a dish so if i need one i am gonna have to find someone who does...haha

Mr._Bill
11-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Sensers in Bloomington said no to the Bison game this Saturday. They said Comcast West was hit and miss, but I think their schedule was full. The Buffalo WW in Savage said "come on in", the game will be on. Those are the only places I've checked so far.

MN_BISONS
11-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Sensers in Bloomington said no to the Bison game this Saturday. *They said Comcast West was hit and miss, but I think their schedule was full. *The Buffalo WW in Savage said "come on in", the game will be on. *Those are the only places I've checked so far.

Excellent, not even a five minute drive from my house, I'll be there for sure!

lakesbison
11-02-2006, 01:09 AM
There will be a famous ex bison qb at ROTHSAY Minnesota POWERHOUSE hunting deer and leavin the deer stand at 3:30pm or so on saturday!!

oh.. and Ill be there too!!
CMON DOWN!! I 94!!!!!!

sambini
11-02-2006, 01:47 AM
HOW ABOUT IN THE NORTHWEST PART OF THE STATE? WILLISTON AREA? I've got friends out in that part and say ABC is tough too get>

sway1331
11-02-2006, 03:49 AM
Sensers in Bloomington said no to the Bison game this Saturday. *They said Comcast West was hit and miss, but I think their schedule was full. *The Buffalo WW in Savage said "come on in", the game will be on. *Those are the only places I've checked so far.

I'll have to check google maps but I'll be seeing you guys at Buffalo Wild Wings in Savage Saturday afternoon. Thanks for calling around and finding a bar for Bison and I-AA fans.

BisonWarrior
11-02-2006, 05:54 AM
For all of you in the New Rockford/Carrington area...there will be a get together for the UC Davis game at the Dakota Roadhouse on Hwy 281 in New Rockford for the game on Saturday.

Jdubs21
11-02-2006, 09:15 PM
isnt there any place in fargo that is televising the game...i hear of places in other parts of the state but why not fargo?, if there is can someone let me know...thanks all...peace

mikelsch
11-02-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't think there is an official place to watch in Fargo, since it is freely available on TV ----> all bars should have it on...just depends where your buddies want to go

GFBisonFan
11-02-2006, 10:57 PM
For all of you in the New Rockford/Carrington area...there will be a get together for the UC Davis game at the Dakota Roadhouse on Hwy 281 in New Rockford for the game on Saturday.
Just got the flyer right now. Am on call this weekend but will try to get there

TheBisonator
11-03-2006, 12:29 AM
isnt there any place in fargo that is televising the game...i hear of places in other parts of the state but why not fargo?, if there is can someone let me know...thanks all...peace

Yeah, I think the only way you can watch the game in Fargo is if you turn on your TV and change the channel to 6. :D

sambini
11-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Chubs PUB+++

scoop
11-03-2006, 11:44 AM
So does anyone know if there is going to be a internet feed for the UCD game, for those of us that do not live in the North Dakato viewing area or have Direct TV? With WDAY covering the game I would hope so!

SDbison
11-03-2006, 01:15 PM
So does anyone know if there is going to be a internet feed for the UCD game, for those of us that do not live in the North Dakato viewing area or have Direct TV? *With WDAY covering the game I would hope so!
Comcast SportsNet West is the channel. Not sure if every bar has this. The first place I tried in Sioux Falls asked for the actual satellite coordinates. I have another call in to Kari at the NDSU Alumni Association. Hope to get the info this morning.

WYOBISONMAN
11-03-2006, 01:25 PM
WDAY would have the coordinates. That is where I have gotten them in the past...

Jdubs21
11-03-2006, 10:07 PM
WDAY is televising the game??...i never heard that...but if they are that is awesome ;D

Bisonguy
11-03-2006, 10:24 PM
So does anyone know if there is going to be a internet feed for the UCD game, for those of us that do not live in the North Dakato viewing area or have Direct TV? *With WDAY covering the game I would hope so!
Comcast SportsNet West is the channel. *Not sure if every bar has this. *The first place I tried in Sioux Falls asked for the actual satellite coordinates. *I have another call in to Kari at the NDSU Alumni Association. *Hope to get the info this morning.

If you don't get the info, Fargo is only a short drive to watch the game.....

SDbison
11-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Comcast SportsNet West is the channel. *Not sure if every bar has this. *The first place I tried in Sioux Falls asked for the actual satellite coordinates. *I have another call in to Kari at the NDSU Alumni Association. *Hope to get the info this morning.

Talked with the Alumni Association and WDAY today and they won't be providing any satellite coordinates. I have had no luck finding a sports bar in the Sioux Falls area that has Comcast SportsNet West. This really sucks! >:(
NDSU needs to find a way to get all of the away games on Fox Sports North. There is no reason a quality DI-AA football program like NDSU shouldn't be available on regional TV for viewing by its fans. I guess all of NDSU's fans live in ND and Northwestern MN. Thank you very much WDAY.

TransAmBison
11-03-2006, 11:20 PM

Talked with the Alumni Association and WDAY today and they won't be providing any satellite coordinates. *I have had no luck finding a sports bar in the Sioux Falls area that has Comcast SportsNet West. *This really sucks! *>:(
NDSU needs to find a way to get all of the away games on Fox Sports North. *There is no reason a quality DI-AA football program like NDSU shouldn't be available on regional TV for viewing by its fans. *I guess all of NDSU's fans live in ND and Northwestern MN. *Thank you very much WDAY.
We'll see you at Buffalo Wild Wings in South Fargo then SDBison!!!!

SDbison
11-03-2006, 11:34 PM
TransAM you know I would like to be there, but I have two weeks in a row coming up that I will need to make the drive. *Maybe I should just get a job in Fargo and screw all this long distance stuff. *Guess I will just sit in front of the computer tomorrow, listen to the game and get drunk by myself. *Hope everyone in ND enjoys the game. * *

SDbison
11-04-2006, 01:32 AM
OK, if I would have only checked my DirecTV options I would have found out that I get channel 656, Comcast SportsNet Northwest. There is currently a basketball game on that channel and I checked ahead to 3:00 PM tomorrow and wow, there it is, North Dakota State at UC Davis! I don't have any special sports packages so I was surprised to see it included with Total Choice Plus. I wonder why more than a half dozen local sports bars in the area said they don't get channel 656 on their DirecTV? :-/ What the heck, I get to watch the Bison tomorrow! Yee ha! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

kchats
11-04-2006, 01:47 AM
Last time WDAY televised a game they also broadcast the WDAY stream on Bison Zone instead of the radio feed.

I of course will be watching on DirecTV.

SDbison
11-04-2006, 02:20 AM
Well I just found out that one sports bar in the area, The Sports Page in Tea (just south of Sioux Falls) can get Comcast SportsNet (DirecTV channel 656). If I find out that anyone else on this board plans watch the game at this bar I will drive down there. I am also currently working to see if Shenanigans in the Empire Mall, Sioux Falls, can get the game. I will post again later with an update.

SDbison
11-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Well I just found out that one sports bar in the area, The Sports Page in Tea (just south of Sioux Falls) can get Comcast SportsNet (DirecTV channel 656). *If I find out that anyone else on this board plans watch the game at this bar I will drive down there. *I am also currently working to see if Shenanigans in the Empire Mall, Sioux Falls, can get the game. *I will post again later with an update.
My wife and I will be meeting tcbison and his wife at the Sports Page in Tea (south of Sioux Falls). Anyone else in the Sioux Falls area is encouraged to join us to cheer on the Bison. I will get there between 2:00 and 2:30 PM and will be wearing a #23 home jersey. Will try to get one of the back rooms with the big TV. Go Bison!

SDbison
11-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Apparently I spoke too soon. Comcast SportsNet West (DirecTV channel 656) was coming in just fine earlier last night at my house, and at the Sports Page, but apparently that was just an hour or two tease to get people to buy it (now shows no service) So that means the possibility of receiving the game in the Sioux Falls area is virtually zero. I tried about 8 different locations, some twice, trying different things. Put a bunch of hours of effort into this late this week only to find it is not possible.
The good news is I will probably order the channels at home for $12 and cancel after a month.
If anyone is interested in driving out to my home 9 miles north of Sioux Falls I will have the game on here. I will have Beer, Pop and munchies. PM me if you need directions.

coloradobison
11-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Can I make it there from Denver in time for the game? I have spent about 5 hours looking for a bar who can/will show the game with no luck whatsoever, so i guess its Scott and Phil for me.

SDbison
11-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Can I make it there from Denver in time for the game? * I have spent about 5 hours looking for a bar who can/will show the game with no luck whatsoever, so i guess its Scott and Phil for me.
If you have a small jet in your back yard, I can clear a runway in my 40 acres. ;D Actually If you have DirecTV or Dish Network at home you can get the game by just signing up for SportsPak (DirecTV) for the month, approx $12.00. Cancel after the game.

BisonBryce
11-04-2006, 06:34 PM
anyone in minneapolis getting comcast sportnet west?

Bisonips
11-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Last time WDAY televised a game they also broadcast the WDAY stream on Bison Zone instead of the radio feed.

I of course will be watching on DirecTV.

Anyone hear any more about if bison zone will be playing their video stream for today's game?

coloradobison
11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
bisonzone doesnt have a video stream, but I doubt gobison will have it on videostream.

kchats
11-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Just radio on Bison Zone. If you sign up for the Sports Pack on DirecTV they keep you on it for the year so it will be $12/month for an entire year. I have the Sports Pack and am now watching it on channel 656.

Gully
11-04-2006, 11:44 PM
I watched the game on 656 in Minneapolis. I heard the game wasn't on the radio in Western ND....is that true?

No_Skill
11-04-2006, 11:46 PM
What a game to be televised!!!!

coloradobison
11-04-2006, 11:48 PM
HOPEFULLY EVERYONE IN THE STATE SAW THE GAME. I WANT A TAPE OVERNIGHTED TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!! WHAT EXCUSE WILL EVERYONE HAVE FOR NOT ATTENDING THE CAL POLY GAME NEXT WEEK?

Gully
11-04-2006, 11:50 PM
HOPEFULLY EVERYONE IN THE STATE SAW THE GAME. I WANT A TAPE OVERNIGHTED TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!! *WHAT EXCUSE WILL EVERYONE HAVE FOR NOT ATTENDING THE CAL POLY GAME NEXT WEEK?

Exactly, it would be great to get 17,500+

coloradobison
11-04-2006, 11:51 PM
17,500 LOUD FANS

NOT THE LIVING DEAD...

SHOW POTENTIAL RECRUITS WHAT PLAYING AT HOME IS IN FRONT OF A FULL HOUSE OF ROWDY FANS, NOT TO MENTION THE GREAT KIDS WE CURRENTLY HAVE!

Bisonguy
11-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Anybody see all the sponsors at the start of the game?

ND Congressmen, and most strange of all, Ralph Engelstad Arena. :-? :-?

Glad to see so many sponsors for the game!!!!!!!!!!!

kchats
11-05-2006, 12:09 AM
UND and REA has to realize that with NDSU more than likely going into the Gateway NDSU doesn't have to play them. Sucking up to get on the schedule. Moving up and not getting to play the Bison will hurt them tremendously. Remember that first year's schedule, ugly.

Tatanka
11-05-2006, 01:19 AM
I seriously doubt though that the rest of the NCC gives them the cold shoulder in their first year in D-I like they did to the Bison... with the dwindling number of teams left in the NCC they will need the games as well... :P

Bisonguy
11-05-2006, 01:22 AM
I seriously doubt though that the rest of the NCC gives them the cold shoulder in their first year in D-I like they did to the Bison... *with the dwindling number of teams left in the NCC they will need the games as well... :P

Yeah, you have to remember who the NCC commish is, as well.

THEsocalledfan
11-05-2006, 01:28 AM
I seriously doubt though that the rest of the NCC gives them the cold shoulder in their first year in D-I like they did to the Bison... *with the dwindling number of teams left in the NCC they will need the games as well... :P

Yeah, you have to remember who the NCC commish is, as well.

Too bad that he has nearly ruined Coach Dale Lennon's career. Lennon is a class act unlike this other dummy....

DIBISON
11-05-2006, 04:54 AM
Anybody see all the sponsors at the start of the game?

ND Congressmen, and most strange of all, Ralph Engelstad Arena. *:-? :-?

Glad to see so many sponsors for the game!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it when I saw REA listed as a sponsor of the Bison football telecast.

They must have thought it was a wise business decision because of the popularity of Bison football and the statewide broadcast on the ABC network.

Thank you REA!!

kchats
11-05-2006, 04:57 AM
If the Bison and Jacks both win and the game is a sell out it too could be televised. Great West Conference Championship and the Dakota Marker played for in one game. Of course both teams must take care of business next weekend. Cal-Poly in Fargo to play the Bison and the Jacks in Cedar City to play SUU.

NDSUFREAK10
11-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Absolutely, we cant look all the way to the bunnies. Todays game is a great example. Remember, ONE GAME AT A TIME.

NDSUstudent
11-05-2006, 05:30 AM
Absolutely, we cant look all the way to the bunnies. Todays game is a great example. Remember, ONE GAME AT A TIME.

After what Poly did to us last year I don't have any worries about our players looking past them towards SDSU.

No_Skill
11-05-2006, 03:12 PM

After what Poly did to us last year I don't have any worries about our players looking past them towards SDSU.

Not to mention what they almost did to Montana yesterday at Wash-Griz

RedRiver
11-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Email WDAY TV and thank them for the statewide TV coverage of the Bison-UC Davis game. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to watch this historic Bison comeback win. And I know many others enjoyed it as well judging by all of the yelling in a prominent Fargo restaurant!!

Also, be sure to thank the Ralph Engelstad Arena for being a sponsor of the telecast. ;D ;D