08-01-2013, 08:38 PM
The roster has been updated on GOBISON.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=football&print=true

MNLonghorn10
08-01-2013, 08:50 PM
52 Travis Beck LB 6-0 207 Jr. Munich, N.D. Langdon-Munich HS

HandoEX
08-01-2013, 08:53 PM
I thought Tyler Wrice was going to be a DB.

Bison"FANatic"
08-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Looks like all the freshmen are on there except for Jarod Tuska. Nice to see all made it here and hopefully Tuska is a oversight or waiting for clearing house to come back.

The only differences I saw from one I printed off the beginning of April was no Maris, Sherman and Riopelle on the roster now.

SamsRams
08-01-2013, 09:25 PM
I thought Tyler Wrice was going to be a DB.

You should check bisonation.INFO more often, I have been reporting him a WR since day one

Looks like all the freshmen are on there except for Jarod Tuska. Nice to see all made it here and hopefully Tuska is a oversight or waiting for clearing house to come back.

Or maybe his injury is playing a factor?

DjKyRo
08-01-2013, 09:27 PM
52 Travis Beck LB 6-0 207 Jr. Munich, N.D. Langdon-Munich HS

http://i.imgur.com/Sgw8xj9.png

SamsRams
08-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Other things I notice. Horvath Bandwagon back in full effect as he is on roster. Listed as RFr that cant be right??

Brock Russel moved froms Rams to DLINE

Interesting to see Tanguay get the same number as Plankers. Tanguay I thought had a shot at not redshirting

47-49 look awesome!!

Hardacker still there

Dunn back to WR?

BadlandsBison
08-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Horvath...I must build a new wagon

DjKyRo
08-01-2013, 09:43 PM

Right? Just when i thought today couldn't get any better.

HerdBot
08-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Bad news... I don't see Pomerenke on the roster. Losing a tackle his junior year kind of stinks but who knows what the story is

lakes was right...Joe Horvath listed as a DE.
Don't see the kid who was all conference at MSUM but I think he has to sit out a year
Plankers and Turner are up to 311
looks like Lechler is up to 287

SamsRams
08-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Weird I thought I saw Pomerenke when I looked but now he is gone.

They dont list transfers who have to sit out. Anderson and Johnson from VCSU were never listed until spring ball. You wont see DeJong or Kelly until then either

KilldeerBison
08-01-2013, 10:41 PM

Make sure you use the heavy duty axles.

HerdBot
08-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Weird I thought I saw Pomerenke when I looked but now he is gone.

They dont list transfers who have to sit out. Anderson and Johnson from VCSU were never listed until spring ball. You wont see DeJong or Kelly until then either

Kelly who? Must have missed something

SamsRams
08-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Kelly who? Must have missed something

You to should read bisonation.INFO more often :P

http://www.goldeneaglesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=611

BadlandsBison
08-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Anthony LaVoy is still a DT. Wonder how long that will last :)

I wonder if the coaches are waiting to see is Perry is at 100% cuz it seems like depth at defensive line is solid, and if Pomerenke is really gone the Oline might need help

HerdBot
08-01-2013, 11:45 PM
You to should read bisonation.INFO more often :P

http://www.goldeneaglesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=611

I read it a lot actually surprised I missed it had an offer from ISU red
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ccc/football/recruiting/player-Jeremy-Kelly-114514

SamsRams
08-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Anthony LaVoy is still a DT. Wonder how long that will last :)

I wonder if the coaches are waiting to see is Perry is at 100% cuz it seems like depth at defensive line is solid, and if Pomerenke is really gone the Oline might need help

Wow where do you see depth for the Rams lacking? Plankers and Lechler back up the Tackles. Johnson, Colville and Gimmestad at Guard and the other Johnson Hinz and Schueller at center. Throw in a senior in Nack, Lesar who could play G or Tackle and 3 very big and athletic true freshman and I dont see where Lavoy could fit in. DLine needs as many bodies as possible and Lavoy proved he belongs there. Just my two , not saying I am right and you are wrong

BisonNation11
08-02-2013, 02:18 AM
Wow where do you see depth for the Rams lacking? Plankers and Lechler back up the Tackles. Johnson, Colville and Gimmestad at Guard and the other Johnson Hinz and Schueller at center. Throw in a senior in Nack, Lesar who could play G or Tackle and 3 very big and athletic true freshman and I dont see where Lavoy could fit in. DLine needs as many bodies as possible and Lavoy proved he belongs there. Just my two , not saying I am right and you are wrong

Lavoy is perfect and much needed at Dline. With the rotation we use, to an extent the more the merrier. Coaches can key in on guys having good days vs bad days and adjust the rotation accordingly. Any time you have guys battling over playing time is a good thing.

roadwarrior
08-02-2013, 02:38 AM
A breakdown of the roster:

26 Seniors
17 Juniors
16 Sophomores
17 Redshirt Freshmen
26 Freshmen

By State:

AZ - 2
CA - 1
FL - 5
HI - 1
IL - 4
IA - 1
KS - 3
MN - 33
MO - 1
ND - 21
NE - 7
PA - 1
SD - 4
WI - 18

HerdBot
08-02-2013, 03:04 AM

I agree with you that overall depth is as good as ever this year. I think big tackles are harder to develop (althoug Haeg and Turner is the exception ) Projecting ahead to 2014 he could have contributed. We will have a ton of talent but not much experience. Guys like Pomerenke remind me of Cornick. Play a little but take off as a senior. 2015 on paper looks damn good.

SamsRams
08-02-2013, 04:48 AM
I agree with you that overall depth is as good as ever this year. I think big tackles are harder to develop (althoug Haeg and Turner is the exception ) Projecting ahead to 2014 he could have contributed. We will have a ton of talent but not much experience. Guys like Pomerenke remind me of Cornick. Play a little but take off as a senior. 2015 on paper looks damn good.

He would only play in 15 if there were injuries. Plankers is LT for next 3 years. Nothing against Jason he was just outrecruited. Good problem to have

HerdBot
08-02-2013, 06:24 AM

26 Seniors
17 Juniors
16 Sophomores
17 Redshirt Freshmen
26 Freshmen

By State:

AZ - 2
CA - 1
FL - 5
HI - 1
IL - 4
IA - 1
KS - 3
MN - 33
MO - 1
ND - 21
NE - 7
PA - 1
SD - 4
WI - 18

Obviously recruiting Minnesota well is key. I looked at all the players who are freshman or redshift freshman and we have More Wisconsin players than Minnesota. Hopefully its talent driven

12 Wisconsin
10 Minnesota
7 - north Dakota

SamsRams
08-02-2013, 11:38 AM

26 Seniors
17 Juniors
16 Sophomores
17 Redshirt Freshmen
26 Freshmen

By State:

AZ - 2
CA - 1
FL - 5
HI - 1
IL - 4
IA - 1
KS - 3
MN - 33
MO - 1
ND - 21
NE - 7
PA - 1
SD - 4
WI - 18

good post, you can add 1 Florida (Gillins) One South Dakota (DeJong) and 2 Wisconsin (Pasterski, Kelly) that I can think of off the top of my head All those guys report August 2nd.

tjbison
08-02-2013, 11:42 AM
just glad we have 21 ND kids, remember all the anti DI people saying there wouldn't be anyone from ND anymore

Tatanka
08-02-2013, 11:59 AM
just glad we have 21 ND kids, remember all the anti DI people saying there wouldn't be anyone from ND anymore

exactly. A lot of them were from downstream...so much butthurt....

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

BadlandsBison
08-02-2013, 12:49 PM

Two tackles are freshmen and unproven but sounds like they are good. I guess that's where I see a certain lack of depth. Hinz can play tackle and put LaVoy back inside.

But obviously this is beyond my simple and narrow football mind, laterz

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jay
08-03-2013, 05:23 AM
Bo Liekhus is moving to LB.

@BLiekhus: Apart of the headhunters #NDSUBISON #LB #fallcamp

SamsRams
08-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Wow lots of new names on their right now. Feels like gobison is watching us and I love it. 4 Shea Dejong, 5 Shayne Miller, 50 D'Andre Gillins, 54 Jeremy Kelly all listed with numbers so assuming that makes them PWO's and practicing tomorrow
Also listed but no number
Keenan Hodenfield S Fr.
Bryce Messner OL Fr.
Erik Olson OL Fr.
Tyler Pasterski FB Fr.
Max Polson OL Fr.
Peter Saintal RB Fr.
Jarrod Tuszka DE Fr.
All guys discussed before, but these 3 are brand new to me.
Kurt Mattox LB Fr. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/302947/highlights/28416375
Daniel Polansky WR Fr. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmtpqP1K4Rs
Dan Sargeant FB Fr.http://www.hudl.com/athlete/961277/highlights/44176373

Damn impressive walk on class!!

ISXBISON
08-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Bad news... I don't see Pomerenke on the roster. Losing a tackle his junior year kind of stinks but who knows what the story is

lakes was right...Joe Horvath listed as a DE.
Don't see the kid who was all conference at MSUM but I think he has to sit out a year
Plankers and Turner are up to 311
looks like Lechler is up to 287

Sounds like injuries forced him to give it up.

BisoninNWMN
08-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Maybe I'm being alittle too picky but our biggest LBer is a true freshman.

Does the coaching staff actively recruit smaller LBers, body weight wise?

Our LBers have been very good and are quick to the ball so maybe I'm just out in left field on this. But it seems like a LBer that is in the 230s or 240s would be able to shed blockers better.

Probably too picky on my part.

Was Shea DeJong a Moorhead State Dragon last year?

BisonNeil
08-04-2013, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=SamsRams;749421]Wow lots of new names on their right now. Feels like gobison is watching us and I love it. 4 Shea Dejong, 5 Shayne Miller, 50 D'Andre Gillins, 54 Jeremy Kelly all listed with numbers so assuming that makes them PWO's and practicing tomorrow
Keenan Hodenfield S Fr.
Bryce Messner OL Fr.
Erik Olson OL Fr.
Tyler Pasterski FB Fr.
Max Polson OL Fr.
Peter Saintal RB Fr.
Jarrod Tuszka DE Fr.

Damn impressive walk on class!![QUOTE]

Agreed. And not surprising. Bohl has done an excellent job of developing a walk on program. Proof is in the pudding. You walk on at NDSU and you WILL be given a chance to see the field.

westnodak93bison
08-04-2013, 02:24 PM

Our LBers have been very good and are quick to the ball so maybe I'm just out in left field on this. But it seems like a LBer that is in the 230s or 240s would be able to shed blockers better.

You must have tough, smart and fast LBers in the Tampa 2. Pass coverage is important.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonNation11
08-04-2013, 03:00 PM

I'm hoping they are putting Deluca (the biggest incoming LB) at MLB. It's not often you see Grant around a pass so this is the only LB position a bigger LB would be ok to play at. I want him there as an enforcer. And from the sounds of it, Deluca is plenty quick as he intercepted a pass yesterday in camp (not sure where he was playing). I hope to see him as the next Joe Mays but with better pass coverage. I think Plank and Gee Tucker will get great looks at OLB as they already have the size necessary to play those positions. Only question is can they catch on to the schemes and the speed of college football fast enough? I tend to think of the LB's that Bohl has at OLB as glorified, slightly larger safeties. Any depth at the LB position would be beneficial by 1000%. And the way this defense plays assignment football, very very rarely do you see them unable or in a position not to be able shed blockers. Every risk they take is well calculated and executed to near perfection. Well there's my rube take on it as I'm no football mind. Just a guy who enjoys watching the game under the influence and being as loud as possible at all times (except when we're on offense of course).

jarhead
08-04-2013, 06:45 PM
DeLuca, Plank and Pierre-Tucker are all highly regarded, deservedly so, but let's not leave Stumpf, Gates, Goergen and some others out of
the equation. All of them are capable of contributing.

HerdBot
08-05-2013, 04:34 AM
[QUOTE=SamsRams;749421]Wow lots of new names on their right now. Feels like gobison is watching us and I love it. 4 Shea Dejong, 5 Shayne Miller, 50 D'Andre Gillins, 54 Jeremy Kelly all listed with numbers so assuming that makes them PWO's and practicing tomorrow
Keenan Hodenfield S Fr.
Bryce Messner OL Fr.
Erik Olson OL Fr.
Tyler Pasterski FB Fr.
Max Polson OL Fr.
Peter Saintal RB Fr.
Jarrod Tuszka DE Fr.

Damn impressive walk on class!![QUOTE]

Agreed. And not surprising. Bohl has done an excellent job of developing a walk on program. Proof is in the pudding. You walk on at NDSU and you WILL be given a chance to see the field.

Your right thats an impressive group of walk ons

reformedUNDfan
08-05-2013, 06:12 AM

Our LBers have been very good and are quick to the ball so maybe I'm just out in left field on this.
has smaller linebackers because they are quick to the ball.

HerdBot
08-05-2013, 06:43 AM
has smaller linebackers because they are quick to the ball.

Yep. Tampa 2 gets quick linebacker's like Derrick Brooks instead of the old school Dick Butkis backers

HerdBot
08-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Right? Just when i thought today couldn't get any better.

Not so fast. Now Horvath isn't listed on the roster.

Herd
08-07-2013, 01:40 AM
That's the big minus on saw on the roster too . . . Horvath. I am hoping that he needs to be reinstated following his summer grades, or something like that. We need him badly IMO. Anyone have any news? Is he practicing?

SamsRams
08-07-2013, 11:21 AM
I just noticed Hinz is listed as a RJr which indicates to me he was able to redshirt last year.

SDbison
08-07-2013, 02:20 PM
I just noticed Hinz is listed as a RJr which indicates to me he was able to redshirt last year. I am surprised how many at Bisonville overlook Hinz. Hinz would have had lots of game time on the o-line last year had he not tore his pectoral muscle. He started at center at the end of the 2010 season filling in for Joe Lund when he was hurt and made the playoff run. Then Hinz played other positions on the line during the 2011 season only to be injured for the entire 2012 season. With the experience some of the younger Bison got last year, the O-line is loaded and there is a bunch of young size and talent. Even with Turner and others graduating after this year the O-line will reload.

Bison"FANatic"
08-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I surprised how many at Bisonville overlook Hinz. Hinz would have had lots of game time on the o-line last year had he not tore his pectoral muscle. He started at center at the end of the 2010 season filling in for Joe Lund when he was hurt and made the playoff run. Then Hinz played other positions on the line during the 2011 season only to be injured for the entire 2012 season. With the experience some of the younger Bison got last year, the O-line is loaded and there is a bunch of young size and talent. Even with Turner and others graduating after this year the O-line will reload.

And Thank God we are loaded there. I don't want to every see a repeat of that UNI game from a few years ago. The O line is one area that if you don't have talent and good preparation you can't hide it. Implosion happens in a hurry.

coloradobison
08-07-2013, 08:41 PM
The latest blog entry states that Morlock may play right away on special teams - With a lack of young depth at RB, should he play right away and not redshirt to keep a year where he would impact the RB position? I believe it has been stated before that our 2014 class needs to have 2 RB's in that class, but it seems like preserving that season might be worth it as he could be the #2 next year to Crockett.

westnodak93bison
08-07-2013, 08:49 PM
The latest blog entry states that Morlock may play right away on special teams - With a lack of young depth at RB, should he play right away and not redshirt to keep a year where he would impact the RB position? I believe it has been stated before that our 2014 class needs to have 2 RB's in that class, but it seems like preserving that season might be worth it as he could be the #2 next year to Crockett.

Don't forget Anderson. How is he looking anyway?

BisonNation11
08-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Don't forget Anderson. How is he looking anyway?

Hopefully they can save Morlock and use a LB in his place on special teams

HerdBot
08-08-2013, 02:19 AM
Horvath is gone already. (He was on the roster for 1 day at DE ) Wow that was short lived. Also line acker Lavoy is gone. And you know who the source is... Lakes of course. Lavoy left on good terms. We lost the kid from Bismarck too.. Talmadge

We will probably have to get a juco DE. Concerned about the low number of bodies for next year. After Emmanuel and Hardie were kind of thin. Ambrosius will have to develop quickly. Tuzka isnt listed yetas and hadthe an accillies injury. The rest of the guys are walk ons. May need to move a TE to DE or maybe the frosh linebacker from Nebraska

bruinbison
08-10-2013, 03:03 PM
I am surprised how many at Bisonville overlook Hinz. Hinz would have had lots of game time on the o-line last year had he not tore his pectoral muscle. He started at center at the end of the 2010 season filling in for Joe Lund when he was hurt and made the playoff run. Then Hinz played other positions on the line during the 2011 season only to be injured for the entire 2012 season. With the experience some of the younger Bison got last year, the O-line is loaded and there is a bunch of young size and talent. Even with Turner and others graduating after this year the O-line will reload.

Sorry is this has been mentioned elsewhere, don't remember anyone commenting on Kolpack's twitter the other day about the competion for the one starting spot on the O-line, the center position.
He says that "Colville slight edge on Hinz at center."

Josh Colville - 6' 2" 270 lb - SO
Jesse Hinz - 6' 4" 299 lb - RJr

Does this mean that Zack Johnson (Apple Valley's) is taking over at Colville's guard spot?

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER

westnodak93bison
08-10-2013, 03:34 PM
I've heard they can't keep #66 out of the starting lineup. Our o-line will be dominant this year.

bruinbison
08-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Sorry is this has been mentioned elsewhere, don't remember anyone commenting on Kolpack's twitter the other day about the competion for the one starting spot on the O-line, the center position.
He says that "Colville slight edge on Hinz at center."

Josh Colville - 6' 2" 270 lb - SO
Jesse Hinz - 6' 4" 299 lb - RJr

Does this mean that Zack Johnson (Apple Valley's) is taking over at Colville's guard spot?

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER

Well, ask and ye shall receive.......thanks Dom (and Jeff)......nerd stat #22 was in the works

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2013/08/10/2013-countdown-22/#

westnodak93bison
08-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Colville must be one tough dude if he can play OL for the Bison at 270lbs

BisoninNWMN
08-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Colville must be one tough dude if he can play OL for the Bison at 270lbs

This here.

I thought he would have put on a few more lbs over the offseason.

bisonrock
08-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Colville is one tough dude. Recovering from extensive knee surgery for several months.

CaBisonFan
08-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Someone told me last year that Colville was a solid FBS caliber line prospect in terms of skill. Size got in his way...but he makes up for it.

Translation...we stole him.

westnodak93bison
08-11-2013, 01:28 PM
This here.

I thought he would have put on a few more lbs over the offseason.

I would imagine the knee injury really limited him with any kind of heavy weight training.

bruinbison
08-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Kolpack's article today on the position battle at C, focusing on Jesse Hintz:
"Hintz hopes to earn job as Bison's starting center".....

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/408817/group/Sports/

roadwarrior
08-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Kolpack's article today on the position battle at C, focusing on Jesse Hintz:
"Hintz hopes to earn job as Bison's starting center".....

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/408817/group/Sports/

Yes, except it is Jesse Hinz

Tatanka
08-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Yes, except it is Jesse HinzCorrection: was Jesse Hinz. He's going to have to change his name now.

CAS4127
08-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Correction: was Jesse Hinz. He's going to have to change his name now.

Has he asked Tony to do that for him?! Seems much cheaper and quicker to do it here on BV rather than going through the legal system--just sayin'!!!

westnodak93bison
08-13-2013, 02:15 AM
Has he asked Tony to do that for him?! Seems much cheaper and quicker to do it here on BV rather than going through the legal system--just sayin'!!!

Probably true. Those damn attorneys gouge the hell out of their clients-- just sayin' :biggrin:

bisonrock
08-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Anyone know if scrimmage is open to public on Saturday?