PDA

View Full Version : thought you'd enjoy a cat's analysis of your shs game ...

tmcats
07-31-2013, 02:11 PM
it was posted on a k-state premium board by galen92 after watching your championship win replay.

might just be the team they are playing, but it is the same defense every play. 4-3 with a 3 tech to the wide side. cover 2 man. LB's do a good job of recognizing pass and getting back to try to cover the seems. Slot receivers are either covered by the OLB, or combination of safety and LB (if the RB releases to side of LB), or just safety with OLB blitzing.
Really leaves slot receiver on a LB. Sam Houston never really used the flag route to bring the Safeties out and then attack the middle. They also did not use hot routes when NDSU blitzed (which they did on every play, as you have to do with a man coverage)
Sam Houston has a terrible right side of the line, especially 77 who is one of the worst pass blockers I have ever seen in CFB. North Dakota has big backs, a good right side of the line and good pulling left guard. QB is big and experienced. They really are going to try and K-state us. I believe they will blitz the HELL out of our young QB's, try to hit like Fresno State behind that. Then try and run the ball and time management us into less possessions.
Good game plan, with the hope that our defense can be run over (maybe) and our QB can be flustered (assuming you can get to him)
NDSU is fundamentally sound, but lacks foot quickness. Both with line and RB. DB's are not strong enough to play bump and run, but get away with it with Sam Houston. DL and LB's look good. Fundamentally sound works well to keep games close and frustrate lesser teams, or even teams slightly better than you. They are not on the level of KSU fundamentals. KSU is many steps above them as far as talent. DL will get a good workout in this game.

Oh yeah... and KU sucks!

Bison"FANatic"
07-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Interesting, we blitz on every play, hmmmmmmmmmm, I guess we will see.:):)

Right side of the line is strong and a good pulling left guard. Yep the left tackle is just a shmuck that can't play football.

can you say take his analysis with a grain of salt. He did get the "might just be the team they are playing" part right though.

Interesting that we are fundamentally sound but not on the level of KSU fundamentals. hmmmmmm

Bison 4 Life
Southern speed?

KilldeerBison
it was posted on a k-state premium board by galen92 after watching your championship win replay.

might just be the team they are playing, but it is the same defense every play. 4-3 with a 3 tech to the wide side. cover 2 man. LB's do a good job of recognizing pass and getting back to try to cover the seems. Slot receivers are either covered by the OLB, or combination of safety and LB (if the RB releases to side of LB), or just safety with OLB blitzing.
Really leaves slot receiver on a LB. Sam Houston never really used the flag route to bring the Safeties out and then attack the middle. They also did not use hot routes when NDSU blitzed (which they did on every play, as you have to do with a man coverage)
Sam Houston has a terrible right side of the line, especially 77 who is one of the worst pass blockers I have ever seen in CFB. North Dakota has big backs, a good right side of the line and good pulling left guard. QB is big and experienced. They really are going to try and K-state us. I believe they will blitz the HELL out of our young QB's, try to hit like Fresno State behind that. Then try and run the ball and time management us into less possessions.
Good game plan, with the hope that our defense can be run over (maybe) and our QB can be flustered (assuming you can get to him)
NDSU is fundamentally sound, but lacks foot quickness. Both with line and RB. DB's are not strong enough to play bump and run, but get away with it with Sam Houston. DL and LB's look good. Fundamentally sound works well to keep games close and frustrate lesser teams, or even teams slightly better than you. They are not on the level of KSU fundamentals. KSU is many steps above them as far as talent. DL will get a good workout in this game.

Oh yeah... and KU sucks!

Like we haven't heard this before? Could have saved lots of time and just wrote; KSU is great and the Bison have no chance.

344Johnson
07-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Like we haven't heard this before? Could have saved lots of time and just wrote; KSU is great and the Bison have no chance.

At the very least, he gave it a try.

Tatanka
07-31-2013, 02:34 PM
I appreciated the relatively balanced analysis.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

MNLonghorn10
07-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Lol@lacks lateral foot speed

KilldeerBison
07-31-2013, 02:40 PM
I appreciated the relatively balanced analysis.

Subliminal message about this guys family tree? (Tatankadonk)

tmcats
07-31-2013, 02:47 PM
i didn't post this to start a flame war but only to present the story from one wildcat fan's perspective. i thought he did a good job breaking down the game film. don't get your panties in a wad over it.

Hammerhead
07-31-2013, 02:48 PM
While watching the replay of the championship game, I realized I should have been busting SHSU's chops so hard as it was a close game until the 4th quarter. FWIW, SHSU hung in there with Baylor for 3 quarters and was only down by 1 point with 10 minutes left in that game.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322590239

tmcats
07-31-2013, 02:52 PM
espn insider on top quarterback battles in the country. coming in at ...

3. Kansas State Wildcats

JUCO transfer Jake Waters made this a race with his play in the spring, destroying the presumption that Daniel Sams -- who played at times in place of Collin Klein as a freshman -- would waltz into the job.

I have theorized some during the summer that both could play, since Sams seems like more of a runner (at least he was in game action last fall). But I was told last week by a Big 12 coach that the QBs are actually quite similar, so the platoon could be moot as far as complementary play.

To that end, Waters did run for 256 yards and six TDs as he led the Reivers to the JUCO national championship. They're similar in stature, too. Sams is listed as 6-foot-2, 207 pounds; Waters is 6-1, 210.

In short, no wonder it's a race and one that might not be resolved even when the season begins. Bill Snyder could just wind up going with the hotter hand, whoever that winds up being from week to week.

Here's a boost for the player who emerges: The Wildcats' entire offensive line is back. So is underrated back John Hubert, who averaged five yards a carry and scored 15 times.

TAILG8R
07-31-2013, 03:09 PM
As usual the Bison, which according to the quoted first post are from UN_, are not fast enough, strong enough, big enough, sound enough to play against the mighty [fill in the blank]. I have said it a number of times over the past weeks about this game, I'm not saying we will win but I guarantee the fans and especially the players of KSU are going to be surprised by the team on the other side of the field.

Bison 4 Life
07-31-2013, 03:16 PM
As usual the Bison, which according to the quoted first post are from UN_, are not fast enough, strong enough, big enough, sound enough to play against the mighty [fill in the blank]. I have said it a number of times over the past weeks about this game, I'm not saying we will win but I guarantee the fans and especially the players of KSU are going to be surprised by the team on the other side of the field.

This has been my story all along. I genuinely believe that there are going to be some mouths agape on the home side at BSFS.

Tatanka
07-31-2013, 03:24 PM
This has been my story all along. I genuinely believe that there are going to be some mouths agape on the home side at BSFS.I would also have accepted "agabe".

BadlandsBison
07-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Did not read, except for funny responses

moosbah
07-31-2013, 03:38 PM
i didn't post this to start a flame war but only to present the story from one wildcat fan's perspective. i thought he did a good job breaking down the game film. don't get your panties in a wad over it.

Thanks for posting that. It's to be expected that you're going to hit a nerve of a few fans. Keep up the good work. We are all looking forward to a good game.

HerdBot
07-31-2013, 03:52 PM

Oh yeah... and KU sucks!

:rofl wow thanks john madden. Corners not physical enough. The Sam houston game our #2 corner is on the Rams and Marcus Williams is athe projected 3rd round pick
We also run nickel 1/3 of the time. Lacks foot quickness.... our running back had offers from virtually every Big Ten team and our d-line is all about speed and quickness . Worst analysis I've ever read. Thanks for the laugh

BisonTeacher
07-31-2013, 03:52 PM

Oh yeah... and KU sucks!

I wonder if some people on their board get pissy every time someone even mentions their rival.

BisonTeacher
07-31-2013, 03:54 PM
I would also have accepted "agabe".

I call BS. YOu can't even see his face with that big sombrero on.

tcbison
07-31-2013, 03:56 PM

Oh yeah... and KU sucks!

I have no problem with you posting these thoughts. It is good to read other people's analysis and opinions. I am curious if any teams that K-State plays runs a Tampa 2 defense like NDSU does? This person is right that NDSU will run the ball and use time management. I have a feeling KSU will do the same thing.

A few observations: NDSU should never be called North Dakota. Does anyone call your team Kansas? I hope not. KU does suck! NDSU's DL and LBs are good. Almost every game NDSU plays against a FBS team or FCS playoff team we hear about how fast they are compared to NDSU.

Professor Chaos
07-31-2013, 03:59 PM
The holes I see in your analysis:

1) You aren't going to see as much blitzing from NDSU as you seem to think. NDSU has an FBS caliber D-line, that contributed greatly to SHSU looking lost in pass blocking. I'm sure KSU has seen better but their O-line better come to play or NDSU won't have to blitz to get pressure.
2) If you think the NDSU RBs lack foot quickness #23 will surprise you now that he's had an offseason to heal up.
3) Marcus Williams is powerful for a CB at 5'11" 200 lbs. He'll be able to mix it up with your WRs in bump and run coverage. The other DBs probably not so much.

Otherwise it was a solid effort.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 03:59 PM
often hear aTm fans refer to their school as the texas aggies. i wouldn't take too much umbrage at the state comment.

MNLonghorn10
07-31-2013, 04:02 PM

What did he breakdown? He sounds exactly like a Colorado state..Minnesota or a Kansas fan.

I'd be more curious of what ksu fans would think of the game if minnesota was the first game instead of d3 ndsu.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 04:05 PM
What did he breakdown? He sounds exactly like a Colorado state..Minnesota or a Kansas fan.

I'd be more curious of what ksu fans would think of the game if minnesota was the first game instead of d3 ndsu.

we played minnesota in the cities several years ago. it wasn't much of a game. the gophers are not very good and haven't been since the 60's.

MNLonghorn10
07-31-2013, 04:09 PM
we played minnesota in the cities several years ago. it wasn't much of a game. the gophers are not very good and haven't been since the 60's.

They made a bowl game last year in which they blew(shocker)... What you said is far from my point.. Would kstate fans feel a little more nervous if minny was the game instead of d3 ndsu?

tmcats
07-31-2013, 04:50 PM
i'd rather play minnesota. they are less easy to discount than the bison even though ndsu is a better program. if that's the answer you were asking for? otherwise, i can't speak for all or even other k-state fans.

ndsubison1
07-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Southern speed?

northern southern speed?

Civil06
07-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Add Colton Heagle and Leevon Perry to the D and it's even that much better. Heagle will open some eyes when their running back walks off the field seeing butterflies.

MNLonghorn10
07-31-2013, 05:01 PM
i'd rather play minnesota. they are less easy to discount than the bison even though ndsu is a better program. if that's the answer you were asking for? otherwise, i can't speak for all or even other k-state fans.

Yea sort of. The analysis echos those that other fbs fans have said in recent years...especially the part about said fbs schoollevels of talent better than ndsu. That part always gets me even though ndsu would be favorites over half of the fbs. Ah well.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Yea sort of. The analysis echos those that other fbs fans have said in recent years...especially the part about said fbs schoollevels of talent better than ndsu. That part always gets me even though ndsu would be favorites over half of the fbs. Ah well.

might beat half but i doubt they'd be favorites over that many at the start of the season. take the three academies as an example. that would be a representative example, methinks. bison favored to beat any of them? how about tulsa, troy, vpi?

http://web1.ncaa.org/onlineDir/exec2/sponsorship?sortOrder=0&division=1A&sport=MFB

bisonmike2
07-31-2013, 05:09 PM
It's an okay breakdown. A little off in some areas. I compared it with my breakdown of us in the same game.

OL - Awesome
WR - Awesome
QB - Awesome
RB - Awesome

DL - Awesome
LB - Awesome
CB - Awesome
DB - Awesome

Special teams - Awesome

MNLonghorn10
07-31-2013, 05:10 PM
might beat half but i doubt they'd be favorites over that many at the start of the season. take the three academies as an example. that would be a representative example, methinks. bison favored to beat any of them? how about tulsa, troy, vpi?

http://web1.ncaa.org/onlineDir/exec2/sponsorship?sortOrder=0&division=1A&sport=MFB

Mmk maybe I was basing this too much on the end of last year. Either way I like ndsus chances vs alot of fbs schools including some bcs conf schools. I like their chances even more if those games could be played in Fargo but that'll never happen anytime soon so it's hard to get a feel how they'd do with a full slate of fbs games.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Mmk maybe I was basing this too much on the end of last year. Either way I like ndsus chances vs alot of fbs schools including some bcs conf schools. I like their chances even more if those games could be played in Fargo but that'll never happen anytime soon so it's hard to get a feel how they'd do with a full slate of fbs games.

we'll have a much better idea come september 1st when we recap the game.

No_Skill
07-31-2013, 05:11 PM
It's an okay breakdown. A little off in some areas. I compared it with my breakdown of us in the same game.

OL - Awesome
WR - Awesome
QB - Awesome
RB - Awesome

DL - Awesome
LB - Awesome
CB - Awesome
DB - Awesome

Special teams - Awesome

You forgot coaching - uber awesome

Hammerhead
07-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Here is what Sagarin predicts based on the final ratings from 2012 with NDSU on the road:

Tulsa wins by 1
Navy loses by 10
Troy loses by 11
Air Force loses by 17
Army loses by 21

I don't know who VPI is.

KSU would have been favored by 14 at home vs. NDSU.

Sagarin predicted NDSU would have beaten exactly 1/2 of the FBS teams on the road.

Why does the start of the season favor FBS schools? Thanks to the playoffs, many of the NDSU seniors racked up lots of quality playing time in the post season over the past 2 or 3 years.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 05:22 PM
vpi is the full name of virginia tech.

Bison 4 Life
07-31-2013, 05:22 PM
Here is what Sagarin predicts based on the final ratings from 2012 with NDSU on the road:

Tulsa wins by 1
Navy loses by 10
Troy loses by 11
Air Force loses by 17
Army loses by 21

I don't know who VPI is.

That's what smartasses call Virginia Tech

CaBisonFan
07-31-2013, 05:25 PM

Oh yeah... and KU sucks!

This is good material...on your own board. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

tmcats
07-31-2013, 05:31 PM
i thought buffalo were thick-skinned.

Vitojr130
07-31-2013, 05:35 PM

Tulsa wins by 1
Navy loses by 10
Troy loses by 11
Air Force loses by 17
Army loses by 21

I don't know who VPI is.

Sagarin predicted NDSU would have beaten exactly 1/2 of the FBS teams on the road.

Why does the start of the season favor FBS schools? Thanks to the playoffs, many of the NDSU seniors racked up lots of quality playing time in the post season over the past 2 or 3 years.

What's important is that this Sagarin rating is for last years NDSU squad vs. last years KSU squad. What it doesn't take into account is the fact that virtually the entire NDSU squad returns while KSU loses virtually half of it's starters.

ndsubison1
07-31-2013, 05:36 PM

theyre not but bison are

CaBisonFan
07-31-2013, 05:36 PM

It's not about being thick-skinned. Your analysis is heavily biased and fundamentally boring.

Bison 4 Life
07-31-2013, 05:58 PM

Clearly not much of a Zoology department at KSU, is there?

No_Skill
07-31-2013, 06:11 PM

I actually didn't think it was very bad when you consider the source. You have to realize that we are used to the likes of KU, CSU, and Minnesota fans completely discrediting our team based solely on three letters...FCS.

Hammerhead
07-31-2013, 06:11 PM
That's why I'm thinking the Bison might pull this one off, especially with that extra practice and game experience from the playoffs. I'm thinking that practicing to face 4 diffferent playoff opponents is more intense than practices filling the 33 days between the last 2 games for KSU.

onbison09
07-31-2013, 06:22 PM
often hear aTm fans refer to their school as the texas aggies. i wouldn't take too much umbrage at the state comment.

People in the media continually call as "North Dakota" or even use their logo

Hammerhead
07-31-2013, 06:24 PM
That reminds me. I need to complain to DirecTV that their TV app for college football scores has the correct logo but it says "North Dakota Bison".

People in the media continually call as "North Dakota" or even use their logo

onbison09
07-31-2013, 06:25 PM

"Yeah, really" http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120108001810/beavisandbutthead/images/b/b1/Butt-head.pngAll you posted was some guy's opinion and people get upset. I don't get it.

SDbison
07-31-2013, 06:26 PM
What's important is that this Sagarin rating is for last years NDSU squad vs. last years KSU squad. What it doesn't take into account is the fact that virtually the entire NDSU squad returns while KSU loses virtually half of it's starters. But, but, but.........KSU's new starters with little or no game experience are such better athletes that they will anihilate the Bison. I am so tired of this BS argument by KSU fans. Really? Most of NDSU's starters have played 30 games or more, compare that with half of KSU's team having a total of 3 or less games experience. That shade of better KSU talent will no way come close to trumping NDSU player execution and experience. I give KSU the advantage with special team return guys, o-line and wide receivers. That's it. All other areas NDSU will be as good if not better.

westnodak93bison
07-31-2013, 06:45 PM

They are and there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonHorns
07-31-2013, 07:07 PM
I will do my analysis after the game. When the Bison win it will be full of, "I told you so." statements. If they we don't win it will be full of swear words. I actually think the guy did a pretty good job of staying somewhat open minded. I would not be able to keep myself from bad mouthing every part of their program.

GOBISON123
07-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Out of 100 posts, 1 is about actual game strategy and 99 are about thickness of buffalo skin.

Bison03
07-31-2013, 07:18 PM
It's kind of fun to see this big "dick measuring contest" reguarding this game. Most analysis is pretty one-sided to whichever team you back, which is normal. We are going to brag up our players, and they are going to brag up theirs. I think the biggest thing that pisses Bison fans off is that the analysis from the other side is exactly what we have been hearing from every FBS team we have played. We are 6-3 against the FBS since going DI. Wyoming we blew in the end, Iowa State put us away in the 4th quarter and the first Minnesota game was a 10-9 loss. Have the FBS teams we have beaten been highly ranked or had great records? No, but they are still FBS with way more scholarships. This will be the best FBS team NDSU has played in our DI era. We need to give them all the respect they deserve. I know the K State players and coaches will not take us lightly. Will NDSU win this game? Maybe. Will we lose by 50 points? No chance. One thing is for sure, it will be a great game.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 08:07 PM
It's kind of fun to see this big "dick measuring contest" reguarding this game. Most analysis is pretty one-sided to whichever team you back, which is normal. We are going to brag up our players, and they are going to brag up theirs. I think the biggest thing that pisses Bison fans off is that the analysis from the other side is exactly what we have been hearing from every FBS team we have played. We are 6-3 against the FBS since going DI. Wyoming we blew in the end, Iowa State put us away in the 4th quarter and the first Minnesota game was a 10-9 loss. Have the FBS teams we have beaten been highly ranked or had great records? No, but they are still FBS with way more scholarships. This will be the best FBS team NDSU has played in our DI era. We need to give them all the respect they deserve. I know the K State players and coaches will not take us lightly. Will NDSU win this game? Maybe. Will we lose by 50 points? No chance. One thing is for sure, it will be a great game.

that's completely unfair to suggest k-state is just another fbs school. and you should know better as others call you just another fcs school. k-state is as much like minnesota as ndsu is like morningside.

344Johnson
07-31-2013, 08:14 PM
that's completely unfair to suggest k-state is just another fbs school. and you should know better as others call you just another fcs school. k-state is as much like minnesota as ndsu is like morningside.

No. That is not reasonable. Minnesota is a low quality FBS school. K-State is a higher quality FBS school. NDSU is a top-notch FCS school. I honestly don't even know what Morningside's classification is anymore.

NorthernBison
07-31-2013, 08:20 PM

Gee. Now who's the one getting thin skinned?

If you want to express sarcasm, use purple font. Then again, maybe you actually did misread the tone of his post.

I'm curious to see just what kind of FBS program KSU is. That's a valid question to throw out there. After losing a Heisman Finalist and a bunch of players on both sides of the ball, does the 2013 KSU squad suffer a big drop in on-field performance or do they just reload and remain a legit top 20 team?

We've never played a program that reloads year after year and stays on the top of the heap. Bison03 is absolutely correct that we have not yet faced a team that has had recent success like KSU.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 08:23 PM
No. That is not reasonable. Minnesota is a low quality FBS school. K-State is a higher quality FBS school. NDSU is a top-notch FCS school. I honestly don't even know what Morningside's classification is anymore.

some of you guys seem incapable of giving respect.

gotts
07-31-2013, 08:25 PM

Welcome to teh Internetz.

BisonTeacher
07-31-2013, 08:27 PM

Ksu is not a higher quality fbs school?

Rockbear99
07-31-2013, 08:28 PM

Respect is earned and you my friend have not earned it. Damn Jayhawk want to be.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Respect is earned and you my friend have not earned it. Damn Jayhawk want to be.

wow. did you come up with that 'earned' statement on your own? and jayhawk too. how original.

344Johnson
07-31-2013, 08:34 PM

Just sayin, K-State is a hell of a lot closer to being a Minnesota than NDSU is to being a Morningside.

SDbison
07-31-2013, 08:37 PM
some of you guys seem incapable of giving respect. I respect the fact that on paper KSU's 2013 football team is not that much better than NDSU's 2013 football team. I also understand that nearly all of KSU's fan's don't respect FCS football and what it takes to win several games in the post season to attain a real championship. In addition, I give respect for the 2012 KSU football team being a top 10 FBS program (with all the players gone they are no longer). Finally, NDSU's fans and players don't need respect from KSU fans to make a Bison football victory happen on August 30, 2013. Thanks for reading Bisonville and have a good day!

tmcats
07-31-2013, 08:50 PM
I respect the fact that on paper KSU's 2013 football team is not that much better than NDSU's 2013 football team. I also understand that nearly all of KSU's fan's don't respect FCS football and what it takes to win several games in the post season to attain a real championship. In addition, I give respect for the 2012 KSU football team being a top 10 FBS program (with all the players gone they are no longer). Finally, NDSU's fans and players don't need respect from KSU fans to make a Bison football victory happen on August 30, 2013. Thanks for reading Bisonville and have a good day!

http://www.philsteele.com/blogs/2013/JUN13/DBJune05.html

KSUfanPittSUalum
07-31-2013, 08:52 PM
But, but, but.........KSU's new starters with little or no game experience are such better athletes that they will anihilate the Bison. I am so tired of this BS argument by KSU fans. Really? Most of NDSU's starters have played 30 games or more, compare that with half of KSU's team having a total of 3 or less games experience. That shade of better KSU talent will no way come close to trumping NDSU player execution and experience. I give KSU the advantage with special team return guys, o-line and wide receivers. That's it. All other areas NDSU will be as good if not better.

Hold your horses (or should I say Bison) there a little bit SDbison. You are exaggerating the lack of in-game experience of the K-State Wildcats a mite. The players on the offensive side of the ball will all have more in-game experience than you have alluded. Now on the defensive side of the ball you may be closer as there will be a number of new guys starting, but they will all have significant in-game experience albeit some of them their experience will be at the Junior College level while the others experience will have been as backups in the two-deep rotation.

Your guys advantage, however, is that they have accumulated their experience as cohesive units for most of the past two championship seasons (virtually 3 FBS seasons). That knowing what the other guys will do without thinking about it is hard to instill in the practice environment.

I am also not one to put much stock in the recruiting "star" system. Otherwise K-State would never have a chance against those UTexas 4 and 5 star players.

This should be a very close hard fought game.

IzzyFlexion
08-01-2013, 01:18 AM
Might I suggest that you KSU fans find some tape on Leevon Perry and Colton Heagle (both are easily in the top 3 or 4 of NDSU defenders) since they weren't in any of the playoff games.
Something tells me that your analyses would change considerably.

Here.........I'll help get you started on your assignment.

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

OnagaCat
08-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Might I suggest that you KSU fans find some tape on Leevon Perry and Colton Heagle (both are easily in the top 3 or 4 of NDSU defenders) since they weren't in any of the playoff games.
Something tells me that your analyses would change considerably.

Here.........I'll help get you started on your assignment.

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Nice - but what team is he doing that against?

Tatanka
08-01-2013, 01:57 AM
Nice - but what team is he doing that against?Dude has a point, lol. Any jackwagon fans want to defend this performance?

KSUfanPittSUalum
08-01-2013, 02:06 AM
I was wondering about those two. Are they fully recovered from their injuries and projected to start?

MNLonghorn10
08-01-2013, 02:17 AM
The Milwaukee Brewers

No_Skill
08-01-2013, 02:21 AM

One of these two terrible teams...can't remember which:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qfjsPMMao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-01-2013, 03:27 AM
Everyone needs to chill out. Tmcat is right, some of you guys need to get some thicker skin. I thought this analysis was pretty good, furthermore, it was a heck of a lot better than the other FBS teams we played. KU, Minny, CSU fans were totally ignorant. They thought they were guaranteed the win just because they were FBS. IMO, KSU fans have been very fair minded in their approach to this game, and if you really think about it, they are the fans that have every reason not to take us seriously. Even with a lot of attrition, KSU is light years better than the FBS teams we have played in the past. Tmcat has been a very courteous and respectful poster over here, I think he deserves to be treated with more respect than he has been given by some.

We have a good team, no doubt about it. But, good is a relative term. By FCS standards, KSU has a great team. We will need to play flawless football to pull of the win come Aug. 30th. Don't get me wrong, I feel we can do it, but it won't be easy. This will be a damned good game.

For all the KSU fans that watched the replay of our Natty game keep in mind our defense was playing at half speed in that game. The list of injuries/ailments includes: DE Jirik, flu. He was on IV's the morning of the game; DT Perry, out/ACL; OLB Beck, separated shoulder; MLB Olson, appendicitis. He had it removed the day after the game. SS Heagle, out/ACL. All these guys will be back and at full strength for the KSU game. So, if you think the D you saw in the Natty was good, it was only a shell of our full strength D.

Should be a great game.

GO BISON!!!!!!!

IzzyFlexion
08-01-2013, 12:48 PM

Oh yeah.....I forgot.
Your uber experienced O-Line averages 6' 9" and 387 pounds............
We're fucked.

KC Bison
08-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Just wondering how many times I have heard over the last 10 years someone that doesn't know us, watches tape and declares the Bison slow and then makes a painful discovery during the game. Gee, they are a lot faster than they looked on tape....how many people including coaches have said that.

And by the way, Bill Self is the MAN.

OnagaCat
08-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Everyone needs to chill out. Tmcat is right, some of you guys need to get some thicker skin. I thought this analysis was pretty good, furthermore, it was a heck of a lot better than the other FBS teams we played. KU, Minny, CSU fans were totally ignorant. They thought they were guaranteed the win just because they were FBS. IMO, KSU fans have been very fair minded in their approach to this game, and if you really think about it, they are the fans that have every reason not to take us seriously. Even with a lot of attrition, KSU is light years better than the FBS teams we have played in the past. Tmcat has been a very courteous and respectful poster over here, I think he deserves to be treated with more respect than he has been given by some.

We have a good team, no doubt about it. But, good is a relative term. By FCS standards, KSU has a great team. We will need to play flawless football to pull of the win come Aug. 30th. Don't get me wrong, I feel we can do it, but it won't be easy. This will be a damned good game.

For all the KSU fans that watched the replay of our Natty game keep in mind our defense was playing at half speed in that game. The list of injuries/ailments includes: DE Jirik, flu. He was on IV's the morning of the game; DT Perry, out/ACL; OLB Beck, separated shoulder; MLB Olson, appendicitis. He had it removed the day after the game. SS Heagle, out/ACL. All these guys will be back and at full strength for the KSU game. So, if you think the D you saw in the Natty was good, it was only a shell of our full strength D.

Should be a great game.

GO BISON!!!!!!!

Thank you for your well reasoned post. K-State fans know that NDSU is an excellent team and will be a challenge. All we're saying is that our program and team are much better than the FBS teams NDSU has played in the past even with the losses on defense from last year. Should be a fun game and Bison fans will be impressed, I think, by an atmosphere that is much different than the Colorado State, Minnesota and KU games were.

runtheoption
08-01-2013, 01:45 PM
I was wondering about those two. Are they fully recovered from their injuries and projected to start? Yep, they should be ready to go.

C'mon folks, many on Bisonville hate the long off-season and the constant thread drift...and here we have a few fans from an opposing team that are (generally) trying to have a smack-free football discussion. There is nothing wrong with the analysis...anyone that is a fan of either team that tries to discuss this game objectively is going to be biased towards their own team. Some points are from 1 side are always going to fall on deaf ears on the other. If anyone thinks this is bad, go to goemaw.com and try to have an objective discussion.

BisonTeacher
08-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Yep, they should be ready to go.

C'mon folks, many on Bisonville hate the long off-season and the constant thread drift...and here we have a few fans from an opposing team that are (generally) trying to have a smack-free football discussion. There is nothing wrong with the analysis...anyone that is a fan of either team that tries to discuss this game objectively is going to be biased towards their own team. Some points are from 1 side are always going to fall on deaf ears on the other. If anyone thinks this is bad, go to goemaw.com and try to have an objective discussion.

Wait...you never post anything serious...but this sounds like you are serious. But maybe you arent being serious and trying to make us all think you are being serious????

hmmmm.

tmcats
08-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Thank you for your well reasoned post. K-State fans know that NDSU is an excellent team and will be a challenge. All we're saying is that our program and team are much better than the FBS teams NDSU has played in the past even with the losses on defense from last year. Should be a fun game and Bison fans will be impressed, I think, by an atmosphere that is much different than the Colorado State, Minnesota and KU games were.

i second the right honorable gentleman's post.

Bison 4 Life
08-01-2013, 03:40 PM

I don't think anyone questions that KSU is better than the rest of the FBS teams NDSU has played but NDSU is miles ahead of any FCS team KSU has played and even better than a lot of FBS teams as well. These teams are closer together than a lot of people think.

KilldeerBison
08-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh yeah.....I forgot.
Your uber experienced O-Line averages 6' 9" and 387 pounds............
We're fucked.

I'll fix it for ya Izzy, your dyslexia must have kicked in again? I believe you meant 9'6" and 837 lbs, this is a more accurate portrayal of the KSU OL average size. Sasquatch got nothing on these guys!

tmcats
08-01-2013, 04:11 PM
I'll fix it for ya Izzy, your dyslexia must have kicked in again? I believe you meant 9'6" and 837 lbs, this is a more accurate portrayal of the KSU OL average size. Sasquatch got nothing on these guys!

just to put some meat on the bones, here's how i believe the line will be ...

c finney 6'4" 303
g whitehair 6'4" 308
g taylor 6'4" 290
t stiverson 6'4" 312
t lucas 6'9" 328
e mcdonald 6'8" 278

k-state doesn't run the spread unless it's long yardage, so you'll most always see one or even two tight ends on the line of scrimmage. finney and lucas are both preseason all-league.

bisonsupporter
08-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Hopefully its a close game for both team's sake. Just saw KSU is not ranked in the pre-season USA Today coaches poll. But are 26th.

OnagaCat
08-01-2013, 04:13 PM
I don't think anyone questions that KSU is better than the rest of the FBS teams NDSU has played but NDSU is miles ahead of any FCS team KSU has played and even better than a lot of FBS teams as well. These teams are closer together than a lot of people think.

K-State beat '02 FCS champion Western Kentucky 48-3 in BSFS 8/31/02. So, yes, we have played an FCS championship team.

KilldeerBison
08-01-2013, 04:20 PM
K-State beat '02 FCS champion Western Kentucky 48-3 in BSFS 8/31/02. So, yes, we have played an FCS championship team.
I believe that same season Western Kentucky also lost to McNeese State 38-13 and Western Illinois 14-0, looks like KSU might have gone toe-to-toe with McNeese State that year?

Kansas State U
08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Hopefully its a close game for both team's sake. Just saw KSU is not ranked in the pre-season USA Today coaches poll. But are 26th.

The poll also has 4 Big 12 teams ranked that KSU beat last year. Good, it will them something to be pissed off about entering the season. I suppose I can't blame the pollsters, however.

TAILG8R
08-01-2013, 05:10 PM

c finney 6'4" 303
g whitehair 6'4" 308
g taylor 6'4" 290
t stiverson 6'4" 312
t lucas 6'9" 328
e mcdonald 6'8" 278

k-state doesn't run the spread unless it's long yardage, so you'll most always see one or even two tight ends on the line of scrimmage. finney and lucas are both preseason all-league.

Looks really similar to NDSU's O-line.
This is what I came up after a quick check of the roster. I could be and probably am missing something since I am going off the two-deep at the start of last year.

T - Turner OT 6-6 311
G - Johnson OL 6-4 315
C - Schueller OL 6-3 299
G - Gimmestad OG 6-2 302
T - Haeg OT 6-6 287

Plankers OL 6-7 311 (added in Plankers because I thought I had heard talk of him possibly getting a look this year)

devin45k
08-01-2013, 05:59 PM
This is what I came up after a quick check of the roster. I could be and probably am missing something since I am going off the two-deep at the start of last year.

T - Turner OT 6-6 311
G - Johnson OL 6-4 315
C - Schueller OL 6-3 299
G - Gimmestad OG 6-2 302
T - Haeg OT 6-6 287

Plankers OL 6-7 311 (added in Plankers because I thought I had heard talk of him possibly getting a look this year)

comparing your five with his 6. The average weights are 302.8 (NDSU) and 303.2 (KSU). That is .4 lbs of difference. The average heigts are 6'4" (NDSU) compared to 6'5" (KSU). Not much of a difference.

56BISON73
08-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Yes they match up pretty good. Unfortunately they don't play against each other. Whats the KS o-line look like against our D-line?

tmcats
08-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Yes they match up pretty good. Unfortunately they don't play against each other. Whats the KS o-line look like against our D-line?

the numbers don't speak to quality, unfortunately or fortunately. that will be shown on the field of play which makes this match-up so intriguing for all of us. ndsu gets it's first whack a top 25 d-1 team. k-state gets an opener against a traditional fcs powerhouse. love it.

gumby013
08-01-2013, 06:28 PM
the numbers don't speak to quality, unfortunately or fortunately. that will be shown on the field of play which makes this match-up so intriguing for all of us. ndsu gets it's first whack a top 25 d-1 team. k-state gets an opener against a traditional fcs powerhouse. love it.

Top 26.

Ten Char.

TAILG8R
08-01-2013, 06:34 PM

Absolutely right, I just found it interesting that our o-lines were very similar in size. One thing NDSU has always had is good line play and excellent conditioning on the line. Can't wait for this game, should be fun!

Herd
08-01-2013, 06:46 PM
The position where KSu has a size advantage is DT, where they aveage about 17 Lbs more than NDSU, influenced by a couple of Freshman who hadn't hit the training table yet. Nearly all other positions were within 5 Lbs of each other. Interestingly, NDSU's QBs had a little more size and weight than K-State.

tmcats
08-01-2013, 06:49 PM
The position where KSu has a size advantage is DT, where they aveage about 17 Lbs more than NDSU, influenced by a couple of Freshman who hadn't hit the training table yet. Nearly all other positions were within 5 Lbs of each other. Interestingly, NDSU's QBs had a little more size and weight than K-State.

obviously, what we look for is some vast disparity in size. ain't seeing it here. on paper, these teams are well-matched.

BisonNeil
08-01-2013, 07:30 PM

T - Turner OT 6-6 311
G - Johnson OL 6-4 315
C - Schueller OL 6-3 299
G - Gimmestad OG 6-2 302
T - Haeg OT 6-6 287

Johnson is not the starter. Colville is and he is not as big.

KSUfanPittSUalum
08-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I believe that same season Western Kentucky also lost to McNeese State 38-13 and Western Illinois 14-0, looks like KSU might have gone toe-to-toe with McNeese State that year?

McNeese State's only regular season loss that year was to Nebraska 38-14. Their only other loss was to that same WKU team in the FCS (then Division I-AA) championship game 34-14.

But, none of that really matters because K-State 2002 is not K-State 2013 and WKU 2002 is not NDSU 2013. For one thing that was WKU's one and only National Championship game. Most of this NDSU team has been in two previous National Championship games.

KilldeerBison
08-01-2013, 09:04 PM
McNeese State's only regular season loss that year was to Nebraska 38-14. Their only other loss was to that same WKU team in the FCS (then Division I-AA) championship game 34-14.

But, none of that really matters because K-State 2002 is not K-State 2013 and WKU 2002 is not NDSU 2013. For one thing that was WKU's one and only National Championship game. Most of this NDSU team has been in two previous National Championship games.

Thanks for making my point, it was a feeble attempt by a KSU fan to suggest you guys have a history of whipping FCS champions from a game back in 2002. "K-State beat '02 FCS champion Western Kentucky 48-3 in BSFS 8/31/02."

OnagaCat
08-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Thanks for making my point, it was a feeble attempt by a KSU fan to suggest you guys have a history of whipping FCS champions from a game back in 2002. "K-State beat '02 FCS champion Western Kentucky 48-3 in BSFS 8/31/02."

That 2002 Wildcat team was coming off a 6-6 2001 campaign. Yet they destroyed the FCS champion in the first game of the season. The gap is there - every year.

Bison 4 Life
08-02-2013, 12:30 AM
That 2002 Wildcat team was coming off a 6-6 2001 campaign. Yet they destroyed the FCS champion in the first game of the season. The gap is there - every year.

Whatever you want to think. The gap isn't that big THIS year.

ndsubison1
08-02-2013, 01:48 AM

Wasnt that the team with Roberson Sproles and Newman? That was a good team

WYOBISONMAN
08-02-2013, 01:53 AM
I gotta say.......this will be the most anticipated Bison season opener ever. Thank to KState for putting us on the schedule and to Fox for upping the excitement!

BlueBisonRock
08-02-2013, 02:23 AM
I gotta say.......this will be the most anticipated Bison season opener ever. Thank to KState for putting us on the schedule and to Fox for upping the excitement!

Are you coming to the game or are you wussing out and staying out west?

Gotta know if I need to pick up an extra case of Nordeast.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-02-2013, 02:57 AM

c finney 6'4" 303
g whitehair 6'4" 308
g taylor 6'4" 290
t stiverson 6'4" 312
t lucas 6'9" 328
e mcdonald 6'8" 278

This is the match-up that will win or lose this game for the Bison, our O against your D. Ironically, these are the two weakest units for both teams. I feel our D will be strong enough to hold KSU's O, but our O has to take advantage of the opportunities our D gives them. If our O can't capitalize, then we lose and (I know no one on Bisonville wants to hear this) we could lose badly. But, if our O can capitalize; move the ball, chew up clock, and put points on the board, then we will win. I have that much confidence in our D.

Really, it will be as simple as that.

WYOBISONMAN
08-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Are you coming to the game or are you wussing out and staying out west?

Gotta know if I need to pick up an extra case of Nordeast.

I would love to, but my wife has me visiting the daughter in LA over Labor Day weekend. Gotta find a sports bar close to what ever beach we wind up at to watch on TV.

moosbah
08-02-2013, 03:17 PM
I just watched the SHS game again and still don't see the sh!t talking and blatant late hits the originator of this thread did. Did Martin give a few shots that were questionable, yep, but that is pretty much it. Solid trolling effort.

bisonboone11
08-02-2013, 03:42 PM
How does the fact that KSU was coming off a 6-6 2001 campaign have anything to do with beating Western Kentucky in 2002? Wouldn't it be more relevant to say that the 2002 KSU team was an 11-2 team? I will admit, if KSU goes 11-2 this year, one of those 11 wins will probably be against NDSU. However, I don't believe KSU will be an 11-2 team this year, and I think NDSU this year will be a better team than the 2002 Western Kentucky team.

Herd
08-02-2013, 03:44 PM
I just watched the SHS game again and still don't see the sh!t talking and blatant late hits the originator of this thread did. Did Martin give a few shots that were questionable, yep, but that is pretty much it. Solid trolling effort.

When teams are showing enthusiasm (OK in general), they can either direct it to their own team, or direct it at the other team. 98% of what I've seen from NDSU is directed correctly and internally to their own team and fans, instead of inappropriately directing it to the opponents or opponents fans.

Personally, I don't like that 2 percent. I trust that NDSU coaches correct that 2% when they see it. I saw Kramer (S&C coach) during the NC game doing some educating at times on the sidelines about appropriate enthusiam, so I think the coaching staff cares how the team is perceived by other fans and opponents. I sure as hell hope they care and correct bad behavior.

During the NC game, I was not happy about some of the fan behavior near me, where inappropriate statements were made by NDSU fans about SHSU with SHSU fans hearing those comments. Good sportsmanship in the stands is important to the reputation of any schools and fanbase. I can't imagine how NDSU was perceived by the SHSU fans near me. I should have dome more to apologize or correct what I was hearing. Nothing wrong with being a rabid fan as I am, but sportsmanship and basic kindness is so important in the stands.

moosbah
08-02-2013, 04:33 PM
When teams are showing enthusiasm (OK in general), they can either direct it to their own team, or direct it at the other team. 98% of what I've seen from NDSU is directed correctly and internally to their own team and fans, instead of inappropriately directing it to the opponents or opponents fans.

Personally, I don't like that 2 percent. I trust that NDSU coaches correct that 2% when they see it. I saw Kramer (S&C coach) during the NC game doing some educating at times on the sidelines about appropriate enthusiam, so I think the coaching staff cares how the team is perceived by other fans and opponents. I sure as hell hope they care and correct bad behavior.

During the NC game, I was not happy about some of the fan behavior near me, where inappropriate statements were made by NDSU fans about SHSU with SHSU fans hearing those comments. Good sportsmanship in the stands is important to the reputation of any schools and fanbase. I can't imagine how NDSU was perceived by the SHSU fans near me. I should have dome more to apologize or correct what I was hearing. Nothing wrong with being a rabid fan as I am, but sportsmanship and basic kindness is so important in the stands.

Unfortunately the percentage of the crowd that acts that way is over 2%. It's not a huge percentage, but it's definitely more prevalent.

Hammerhead
08-02-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't either. The only late hits I remember resulted in a personal foul on SHSU and another one where the play is over, our guy is out of bounds and on the ground after a long run or interception return (can't remember the exact play), and an SHSU player comes diving into the pile knocking the ball out of the runner's grasp.

344Johnson
08-02-2013, 05:38 PM

#5 Michigan- 32 finished season 9-4 and with a bowl win over Florida
FCS App - 34 finished season 13-2 and 3rd straight title

bisonboone11
08-02-2013, 06:30 PM
#5 Michigan- 32 finished season 9-4 and with a bowl win over Florida
FCS App - 34 finished season 13-2 and 3rd straight title
Another thing that I thought was interesting is that App State was coming off a 14-1 season, like NDSU, and Michigan was coming off an 11-2 season, like KSU.

OrygunBison
08-02-2013, 07:07 PM

Sort of like the gap between KSU and the true elite in CFB. Bitch, your 2013 Fiesta Bowl was over after 12 seconds, you'll certainly recall. Twelve seconds and you realized how completely your team was behind the curve. Stop behaving like you are from the Promised Land of football.

ndsubison1
08-02-2013, 08:43 PM
This is the match-up that will win or lose this game for the Bison, our O against your D. Ironically, these are the two weakest units for both teams. I feel our D will be strong enough to hold KSU's O, but our O has to take advantage of the opportunities our D gives them. If our O can't capitalize, then we lose and (I know no one on Bisonville wants to hear this) we could lose badly. But, if our O can capitalize; move the ball, chew up clock, and put points on the board, then we will win. I have that much confidence in our D.

Really, it will be as simple as that.

specifically i will go with their OL vs our DL. they return all five starters on the line and they only gave up 14 sacks last season. thats very impressive

Kansas State U
08-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Sort of like the gap between KSU and the true elite in CFB. Bitch, your 2013 Fiesta Bowl was over after 12 seconds, you'll certainly recall. Twelve seconds and you realized how completely your team was behind the curve. Stop behaving like you are from the Promised Land of football.

^^^^^doesn't recall that KSU was one win from a National Championship game^^^^^ #gapishugebitch

Bison 4 Life
08-02-2013, 09:22 PM
^^^^^doesn't recall that KSU was one win from a National Championship game^^^^^ #gapishugebitch

You know who else was? The team that doubled you up in the Fiesta Bowl.

You know who wasn't? The 8-5 team that beat you by 28

Real talk? KSU is maybe 20 spots higher than NDSU. Teens to the 30's

OnagaCat
08-02-2013, 09:43 PM

Why so much hate? We can play this game all day. Hell, your team lost to effin Indiana State! At home.

INDIANA STATE!

Kansas State U
08-02-2013, 09:47 PM

I know first hand how good both Oregon and Baylor were/are. We play teams of that quality throughout the year, with the exception of KU. That wasn't the point of my response to the thread.

As far as the "real talk".....it's great to speculate on how good NDSU may or may not be in comparison to KSU or any other FBS team. The fact of the matter is....it's just that - speculation, based on the schedule you play. In the final analysis you very well may be that good, but until you play that kind of schedule week in and week out, we'll never really know.

Anxiously awaiting the obligatory link to the 2012 Sagarin ratings.

MNLonghorn10
08-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Why so much hate? We can play this game all day. Hell, your team lost to effin Indiana State! At home.

INDIANA STATE!
Dude. Larry Bird hit 40 3's that game...nobody would've beaten them that day

MAKBison
08-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Thats the scary part---Cant wait to see the D at full strength again!

Should be a great game.

GO BISON!!!!!!!

BisonNeil
08-02-2013, 11:21 PM

Very well said. Props to you!

OrygunBison
08-03-2013, 12:38 AM

There were SHSU fans at the game? I don't remember that. It was a sea of fucking green and yellow (gold) around me.

mtoutfitter
08-03-2013, 12:49 AM
According to Lakes website Perry will not be available for the KSU game.

OrygunBison
08-03-2013, 01:05 AM

INDIANA STATE!

Well, some of you KSU fans seem to think that you're the cat's meow, the top dogs (cats) and even have started calling Manhattan - Title Town. Pretty arrogant stuff from a fan base having only a few recent winning seasons.

The plain fact of the matter is that KSU is 486–615–41 overall in their history. That is 42.6%. This winning of late can only be considered a fad, an anomaly, perhaps - just perhaps - the START of good things to come for the program. Actual TRADITION comes from 50 fucking years of kicking ass, as the Bison have done, albeit in lower levels.

You write about this obvious gap in talent that you see. Nobody here will argue that there's not a gap in talent. What you seem to think that that gap implies is some sort of huge chasm that must be overcome. Frankly, you're going to be shocked at how small the gap will be. I know that no amount of evidence will convince you until you see it on the field against the team you hold so dear to your heart. I respect that and frankly don't care one way or another if you respect our program or not. What burns my ass is that some of you people behave as though you're on the top of the mountain.

The gap in talent between KSU and NDSU is similar to that when we play the upper half of our own conference. On any Saturday, one of them might just have our number if we're not on our game (and throw two pick-sixes). However, the gap between KSU and the real elite in CFB is wide. KSU didn't really deserve to be on the same field as the Ducks that night in January. I was genuinely embarrassed for them and their fans, similar to watching the Irish look pitiful on the big stage. Ultimately, it comes down to who you play every week. The Big 12 just ain't much, frankly, as the last few years have shown. Our guys play in the MVFC which is clearly the top of the FCS class, the Big 12 is probably the 4th best of the FBS, particularly with A&M gone. This strength of schedule argument of yours only hold so much water. We would tear apart most of your supposed superior regular conference foes. Don't even get me going on the rest of your OOC schedule.

I appreciate that you came on this site to try and be somewhat respectful and productive in your take on the matchup. Unfortunately, you cannot seem to mask your undeserved superior attitude to provide real, unbiased, and meaningful input.

Kansas State U
08-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Well, some of you KSU fans seem to think that you're the cat's meow, the top dogs (cats) and even have started calling Manhattan - Title Town. Pretty arrogant stuff from a fan base having only a few recent winning seasons.

The plain fact of the matter is that KSU is 486–615–41 overall in their history. That is 42.6%. This winning of late can only be considered a fad, an anomaly, perhaps - just perhaps - the START of good things to come for the program. Actual TRADITION comes from 50 fucking years of kicking ass, as the Bison have done, albeit in lower levels.

You write about this obvious gap in talent that you see. Nobody here will argue that there's not a gap in talent. What you seem to think that that gap implies is some sort of huge chasm that must be overcome. Frankly, you're going to be shocked at how small the gap will be. I know that no amount of evidence will convince you until you see it on the field against the team you hold so dear to your heart. I respect that and frankly don't care one way or another if you respect our program or not. What burns my ass is that some of you people behave as though you're on the top of the mountain.

The gap in talent between KSU and NDSU is similar to that when we play the upper half of our own conference. On any Saturday, one of them might just have our number if we're not on our game (and throw two pick-sixes). However, the gap between KSU and the real elite in CFB is wide. KSU didn't really deserve to be on the same field as the Ducks that night in January. I was genuinely embarrassed for them and their fans, similar to watching the Irish look pitiful on the big stage. Ultimately, it comes down to who you play every week. The Big 12 just ain't much, frankly, as the last few years have shown. Our guys play in the MVFC which is clearly the top of the FCS class, the Big 12 is probably the 4th best of the FBS, particularly with A&M gone. This strength of schedule argument of yours only hold so much water. We would tear apart most of your supposed superior regular conference foes. Don't even get me going on the rest of your OOC schedule.

I appreciate that you came on this site to try and be somewhat respectful and productive in your take on the matchup. Unfortunately, you cannot seem to mask your undeserved superior attitude to provide real, unbiased, and meaningful input.

Did not read^^^

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2013, 01:34 AM
Did not read^^^

^^^^^Trolls board claiming to not read

OrygunBison
08-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Did not read^^^

Perhaps a video is more your speed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CylfkWpjIfU

Speaking of speed... "Kansas State just found out what SPEED really means. That's the way to shock your opponent in 12 seconds." Many more beautiful quotes in that 2-hour video.

I need to start a whole thread called "thought you'd enjoy a bison's analysis of your Fiesta Bowl". What do you think? I'm sure we might be able to find a, um, flaw in your team's performance.

"Did not read^^^" That's all you got? Weak sauce, Wendell.

tmcats
08-03-2013, 01:46 AM
it's time for football. people are becoming asshats even in north dakota of all places. august can't get to month's end fast enough.

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2013, 02:30 AM
Perhaps a video is more your speed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CylfkWpjIfU

Speaking of speed... "Kansas State just found out what SPEED really means. That's the way to shock your opponent in 12 seconds." Many more beautiful quotes in that 2-hour video.

I need to start a whole thread called "thought you'd enjoy a bison's analysis of your Fiesta Bowl". What do you think? I'm sure we might be able to find a, um, flaw in your team's performance.

"Did not read^^^" That's all you got? Weak sauce, Wendell.

just like LCHMNSJGOIWBS drew it up.

onbison09
08-03-2013, 03:07 AM
Good Lord can the game start yet?

Bison bison
08-03-2013, 03:24 AM
No NCAA rules dictate when the season can start.

ndsubison1
08-03-2013, 04:18 AM

dude ksu was a top ten team last year and probably would have beaten us pretty handily

MHDBisonfan
08-03-2013, 04:47 AM
Why is anyone surprised KSU fans feel like they have the superior team? They are a top 10 team playing a team from a lower division, at home. I'm pretty sure the fanbase around here would feel pretty superior next year playing a team in the dome from D2, regardless if we are not NC or given the fact we'll lose a ton of our key starters. Why would that be? Maybe because we feel like we have a wide gap in talent? Because the conference we play in is so tough? Our home environment is a huge advantage?

Why would KSU think any different? At least the K-Staters have made an attempt to talk legit football, or given a few positive strokes to the Bison, unlike other FBS fans who completely dismiss us as inferior, even AFTER we beat them.

K-Staters - keep the friendly banter going! I'm looking forward to a hard hitting fun football game in a few weeks. I'm hoping our team will earn your respect on the field, our coaches will have them ready to compete, who knows how it will all turn out.

onbison09
08-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Why is anyone surprised KSU fans feel like they have the superior team? They are a top 10 team playing a team from a lower division, at home. I'm pretty sure the fanbase around here would feel pretty superior next year playing a team in the dome from D2, regardless if we are not NC or given the fact we'll lose a ton of our key starters. Why would that be? Maybe because we feel like we have a wide gap in talent? Because the conference we play in is so tough? Our home environment is a huge advantage?

Why would KSU think any different? At least the K-Staters have made an attempt to talk legit football, or given a few positive strokes to the Bison, unlike other FBS fans who completely dismiss us as inferior, even AFTER we beat them.

K-Staters - keep the friendly banter going! I'm looking forward to a hard hitting fun football game in a few weeks. I'm hoping our team will earn your respect on the field, our coaches will have them ready to compete, who knows how it will all turn out.

Thank you! Bisonville's getting annoying. They may say some things we consider dumb or not respecting us but I'm sure they think the same thing. They've been a hell of a lot better than the Gophers fans.

onbison09
08-03-2013, 04:51 AM
According to Lakes website Perry will not be available for the KSU game.

Was there an address change? I looked and couldn't find it. If so, we're in deeep trouble.

OrygunBison
08-03-2013, 04:57 AM
dude ksu was a top ten team last year and probably would have beaten us pretty handily

What does that have to do with this year's game?

OrygunBison
08-03-2013, 05:07 AM
Thank you! Bisonville's getting annoying. They may say some things we consider dumb or not respecting us but I'm sure they think the same thing. They've been a hell of a lot better than the Gophers fans.

I don't care if they respect our team or not. I just don't have any awe for their program, nor do I think that they are an elite team as might be suggested by the tone of their rhetoric. Whenever a discussion begins to get difficult, they just lean on the supposed talent gap as if they are playing some sort of trump card, dismissing the point being made. I could take that from the likes of an Alabama or Oregon or USC or Ohio State fan. Heck, even Oregon is Johnny-come-lately so I take them with a grain of salt. I think they are here to stay, however. The jury is still out on whether or not we've seen the best that KSU will ever offer, however.

Talk football and I'll back off. Dismiss valid arguments and replace them with tired cliche' that is ill-placed and this is what I feel.

onbison09
08-03-2013, 05:14 AM
I don't care if they respect our team or not. I just don't have any awe for their program, nor do I think that they are an elite team as might be suggested by the tone of their rhetoric. Whenever a discussion begins to get difficult, they just lean on the supposed talent gap as if they are playing some sort of trump card, dismissing the point being made. I could take that from the likes of an Alabama or Oregon or USC or Ohio State fan. Heck, even Oregon is Johnny-come-lately so I take them with a grain of salt. I think they are here to stay, however. The jury is still out on whether or not we've seen the best that KSU will ever offer, however.

Talk football and I'll back off. Dismiss valid arguments and replace them with tired cliche' that is ill-placed and this is what I feel.

Fair enough but we sure like to talk about the last 2 years and how we're 6-3 against FBS teams. And then when they did try and talk about football with that analysis thread people tore it apart.

ndsubison1
08-03-2013, 05:14 AM
What does that have to do with this year's game?

youre smack talking a top ten team from last season

OnagaCat
08-03-2013, 11:19 AM

When your fellow fans are telling you how silly you are behaving maybe it's time to chill a bit?

We all know about our history and it's not pretty. But K-State has always competed at the highest level starting as a member of the Big 6 back in the 1920's. K-State was a small agricultural college back then trying to compete against schools like Oklahoma and Missouri. Maybe if K-State had been in D2 and D1AA like NDSU our record would have been better - who knows. All that has nothing to do with the last 20 years or this year for that matter. Since 1993 K-State has been a top 20 FBS program almost every year and came damn close to playing in the national championship game twice.

So quit with the references to ancient history. It's just not relevant to August 30, 2013.

mtoutfitter
08-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Was there an address change? I looked and couldn't find it. If so, we're in deeep trouble.

Bisonation.com

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2013, 01:00 PM

top 10 from LAST year. They didn't even get a vote in the only poll released this year.

KSUfanPittSUalum
08-03-2013, 03:28 PM
top 10 from LAST year. They didn't even get a vote in the only poll released this year.

Although K-State is not in the top 25 of the preseason USA Today Coaches poll, saying they did not get a vote is incorrect. They received 113 points which means they did get some votes.

SDbison
08-03-2013, 03:55 PM
When your fellow fans are telling you how silly you are behaving maybe it's time to chill a bit?

We all know about our history and it's not pretty. But K-State has always competed at the highest level starting as a member of the Big 6 back in the 1920's. K-State was a small agricultural college back then trying to compete against schools like Oklahoma and Missouri. Maybe if K-State had been in D2 and D1AA like NDSU our record would have been better - who knows. All that has nothing to do with the last 20 years or this year for that matter. Since 1993 K-State has been a top 20 FBS program almost every year and came damn close to playing in the national championship game twice.

So quit with the references to ancient history. It's just not relevant to August 30, 2013. To have small college success Kansas State would have needed to live through their history with small school budgets and limited scholarships. The true measure of NDSU's success is that the fans, coaches and players stepped up to make NDSU successful at football for the past 50 years. Prior to that they just competed. For the location and size of the university NDSU has overachieved at football due to dedication and determination to be the best. NDSU Football is what Fargo and the nearby region loves (except for a small minority of UND folks). If somehow you didn't know Bison Nation was associated with a FCS team you might think the level of support is for a top 10 FBS team.

tmcats
08-03-2013, 05:54 PM

k-state was #26 in that poll. they're also consistently one of the most under rated teams in fbs. some things never change. i suspect this is a reload year. and those who suggest otherwise will be the ones surprised.

http://preseason.stassen.com/over-under/teams.html

No_Skill
08-03-2013, 06:17 PM
To have small college success Kansas State would have needed to live through their history with small school budgets and limited scholarships. The true measure of NDSU's success is that the fans, coaches and players stepped up to make NDSU successful at football for the past 50 years. Prior to that they just competed. For the location and size of the university NDSU has overachieved at football due to dedication and determination to be the best. NDSU Football is what Fargo and the nearby region loves (except for a small minority of UND folks). If somehow you didn't know Bison Nation was associated with a FCS team you might think the level of support is for a top 10 FBS team.

There are some really good points in your post, but I think you may be overstating the level of support just a bit.

OrygunBison
08-03-2013, 07:02 PM
To have small college success Kansas State would have needed to live through their history with small school budgets and limited scholarships. The true measure of NDSU's success is that the fans, coaches and players stepped up to make NDSU successful at football for the past 50 years. Prior to that they just competed. For the location and size of the university NDSU has overachieved at football due to dedication and determination to be the best. NDSU Football is what Fargo and the nearby region loves (except for a small minority of UND folks). If somehow you didn't know Bison Nation was associated with a FCS team you might think the level of support is for a top 10 FBS team.

Outstanding post. Thanks.

OrygunBison
08-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Fair enough but we sure like to talk about the last 2 years and how we're 6-3 against FBS teams. And then when they did try and talk about football with that analysis thread people tore it apart.

For us to talk about the last 2 years is COMPLETELY valid because we have all the same players back. They don't.

I am only pissy because of the constant reliance on the supposed giant talent gap that they always lean on as if it is the final answer to the conversation. It is just not there, at least in the magnitude that they keep referring to. It is like the period at the end of their paragraph, as if no further discussion is needed because, well, it is so. I'm just calling bullshit on that particular crap. If they'd rather talk about the speed matchup between opposing units on the field, I'd think they were being productive.

(Speaking of which, that is my biggest concern in the game - their defensive speed vs our offensive speed...or lack thereof...)

The other thing I just don't like is the superiority that some of these guys lace their comments with. You'd think that you'd see a bit more humility from a team that got absolutely embarrassed in their last game...on a season that probably produced the best Wildcat team of all time.

OrygunBison
08-03-2013, 07:14 PM
For what it is worth, you won't see me dismissing opponent fans' arguments because of our supposed superior talent. It is all about execution in the end. Besides, in spite of our most recent NC's, we have plenty of reason to exhibit humility when you consider who we lost to in the last two years and who gave us a big scare. (Missouri State, anyone?)

OrygunBison
08-03-2013, 07:16 PM
k-state was #26 in that poll. they're also consistently one of the most under rated teams in fbs. some things never change. i suspect this is a reload year. and those who suggest otherwise will be the ones surprised.

Personally, I feel like somewhere in the #18 - 20 range would have been more appropriate.

Herd
08-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Hey tmcats, would you like some Bison analysis of your Baylor game?

SDbison
08-03-2013, 09:48 PM
There are some really good points in your post, but I think you may be overstating the level of support just a bit. Was trying to point out the relatively high level of support that gives the appearance of something bigger. Of course NDSU does not have numbers, financially or total number of fans, like ohio state, etc.

tmcats
08-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Hey tmcats, would you like some Bison analysis of your Baylor game?

not playing baylor first game of the season, neither of us. but i'll bet you have a point. what is it?

OrygunBison
08-03-2013, 11:07 PM
not playing baylor first game of the season, neither of us. but i'll bet you have a point. what is it?

For point, see title of this thread. I had made a similar suggestion regarding a critique of your team's Fiesta Bowl game. At least that would be your latest example of work, similar to how YOU started this thread with an analysis of our last game. Would you like to hear our thoughts on that game?

tmcats
08-03-2013, 11:49 PM
you're playing oregon? whatever, if you want to break down that game for us, they would be fair.

OrygunBison
08-04-2013, 12:03 AM
Check my signature and avatar for my complete game analysis.

tmcats
08-04-2013, 12:05 AM
that's all you got?

OrygunBison
08-04-2013, 12:36 AM
that's all you got?

I actually thought that was enough.

tmcats
08-04-2013, 12:37 AM

you're not a particularly big thinker evidently.

bisonboone11
08-04-2013, 02:29 AM

So quit with the references to ancient history. It's just not relevant to August 30, 2013.
Almost every year? What about 2004 (4-7), 2005 (5-6), 2006 (7-6), 2007 (5-7), 2008 (5-7), 2009 (6-6), 2010 (7-6)? I doubt Kansas State was a top 20 team those 7 years. That's 7 of the past 9 years. I'm not trying to start anything, and I do enjoy input from fans of other teams, but I do think you are being somewhat misleading by saying that KSU has been a top 20 FBS program almost every year since 1993.

Kansas State U
08-04-2013, 02:34 AM

So, let me get this straight.....the best smack talk you have is our loss last year to the eventual #2 team in the country? I guess when you're not FBS and literally nobody outside your 69k square miles cares.....you're left with little more than that. Enjoy August 30th......it's the best exposure your team will have for some time.

tjbison
08-04-2013, 02:50 AM
So, let me get this straight.....the best smack talk you have is our loss last year to the eventual #2 team in the country? I guess when you're not FBS and literally nobody outside your 69k square miles cares.....you're left with little more than that. Enjoy August 30th......it's the best exposure your team will have for some time.

and that's smack?????? I find it funny we are so below you guys yet your days are uneventful unless you troll here and start another thread about useless shit. if you truly don't think we stand a chance or are too stuck up to acknowledge we do have some talent why post here? tells me you do care so thank you

MNLonghorn10
08-04-2013, 02:51 AM
Thats cute, considering I can count on 1 hand how many times your "big time" school has been on college game day.

tjbison
08-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Thats cute, considering I can count on 1 hand how many times your "big time" school has been on college game day.

exactly, I remember when the Wyoming fans were talking how big time they were, then Iowa St, then Kansas, and of course Central Michigan, Ball St, Minnesota.....hmmm Colorado St all of which are soooo big time. I would love to play the Cyclones and Cowboys with this team.

I'm by no means saying we will win but these typical Kansas asshats think they will win without a fight and considering nobody outside Manhattan cares about them I feel pretty good with 69k square miles

344Johnson
08-04-2013, 03:17 AM
So, let me get this straight.....the best smack talk you have is our loss last year to the eventual #2 team in the country? I guess when you're not FBS and literally nobody outside your 69k square miles cares.....you're left with little more than that. Enjoy August 30th......it's the best exposure your team will have for some time. Did a K-State fan just smack NDSU for not being popular outside of the state limits? K-State is popular in how many states?

KUlawJack
08-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Did a K-State fan just smack NDSU for not being popular outside of the state limits? K-State is popular in how many states?

Zero? Am I right?

Tatanka
08-04-2013, 03:29 AM
Which is the sum of the number of states where chickenhawk and bunny football is popular...

MAKBison
08-04-2013, 03:35 AM
TMCATS we have the same issue excepts its not the media its FBS fans the always underrate us

Herd
08-04-2013, 04:19 AM

Ya, I had a point. You stunk against Baylor and got smoked. You played without heart and your coaching staff seemed to lock up. We play K State, and if that Same team shows up, I like our chances. That's my point.

Hammerhead
08-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Well K-state does have 2 conference football championships since 1938.

K-State was ranked in the top 20 12 times in the last 20 seasons although only twice in the last ten.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kansas_State_Wildcats_football_seasons

Almost every year? What about 2004 (4-7), 2005 (5-6), 2006 (7-6), 2007 (5-7), 2008 (5-7), 2009 (6-6), 2010 (7-6)? I doubt Kansas State was a top 20 team those 7 years. That's 7 of the past 9 years. I'm not trying to start anything, and I do enjoy input from fans of other teams, but I do think you are being somewhat misleading by saying that KSU has been a top 20 FBS program almost every year since 1993.

BisoninNWMN
08-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Bison are going to win this game.

K-State might be alittle faster at some positions but they will not be tougher, will not be smarter, will not be stronger, and this Bison team has played together for 3 years.

Bison football: Run the ball, play the field position and play good fundamentally sound defense.

Sh**, I cannot wait for this game.

IzzyFlexion
08-04-2013, 12:25 PM

K-State was ranked in the top 20 12 times in the last 20 seasons although only twice in the last ten.

Is this a real stat?!?!
My, oh my.

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2013, 12:35 PM

#titletown

WYOBISONMAN
08-04-2013, 01:31 PM
exactly, I remember when the Wyoming fans were talking how big time they were, then Iowa St, then Kansas, and of course Central Michigan, Ball St, Minnesota.....hmmm Colorado St all of which are soooo big time. I would love to play the Cyclones and Cowboys with this team.

I'm by no means saying we will win but these typical Kansas asshats think they will win without a fight and considering nobody outside Manhattan cares about them I feel pretty good with 69k square miles

I am not sure the Cowboys can beat Laramie High this year.

tmcats
08-04-2013, 05:26 PM
#titletown

keep it comin'.

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2013, 05:48 PM
keep it comin'.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-MU6Ggp3V-yk/UXZS3Lp3lHI/AAAAAAAARb8/Yu1UH6_XAwk/w506-h425-o/You-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

tmcats
08-04-2013, 07:12 PM
you're a jayhawk, huh?

ndsubison1
08-04-2013, 07:23 PM

so we shouldnt be talking about our national titles the last two years then. goes both ways

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2013, 07:28 PM
so we shouldnt be talking about our national titles the last two years then. goes both ways

Not really, one of these teams is vastly different from their previous successful season, guess which one?

tmcats
08-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Not really, one of these teams is vastly different from their previous successful season, guess which one?

being vastly different isn't necessarily a negative. we'll have to see. running back is a senior. o'line is developing into one of the best ever at k-state. receivers are both preseasno all-league all-american returners. i'm not sure why you think because k-state lost some guys that they'll suddenly be a bison turd. that would go against history under snyder.

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2013, 07:37 PM
being vastly different isn't necessarily a negative. we'll have to see. running back is a senior. o'line is developing into one of the best ever at k-state. receivers are both preseasno all-league all-american returners. i'm not sure why you think because k-state lost some guys that they'll suddenly be a bison turd. that would go against history under snyder.

again, you are the guys trolling our board. I'm simply saying these teams aren't as far apart as some in #titletown would believe.

ndsubison1
08-04-2013, 07:38 PM

yes really. my point all along is that we are smack talking a team that would have probably beat us pretty handily last season. this season who knows, but theyre a good BCS opponent

BisonNation11
08-04-2013, 07:40 PM

What about the other side of the ball? You never mention defense, ever. And for the record, please take a note of the team that has won the FBS "championship" 3 out of the last 4 years. Please tell me their ranking in total defense. Now since you're there, please check the team that won the FCS championsihp the last two years and their ranking in total defense. You can have the best offense in the world, but if you can't stop anybody you're in for a long day. We're not saying KSU will be vastly different. We're saying different and vulnerable enough for a chance. Accept it.

tmcats
08-04-2013, 08:40 PM
What about the other side of the ball? You never mention defense, ever. And for the record, please take a note of the team that has won the FBS "championship" 3 out of the last 4 years. Please tell me their ranking in total defense. Now since you're there, please check the team that won the FCS championsihp the last two years and their ranking in total defense. You can have the best offense in the world, but if you can't stop anybody you're in for a long day. We're not saying KSU will be vastly different. We're saying different and vulnerable enough for a chance. Accept it.

nonsense bisonnation11, you nor i know what's coming at k-state on the defensive side of the ball. yes, they'll be inexperienced at many positions, but it's not like these kids are fresh out of high school either. if you think this is a paper tiger defense, i'll remind you you're not coming to columbia, missiouri. we'll see if snyder is rebuilding or simply reloading. as for ndsu, no one i know is taking them for anything other than fcs champs two times running with a great tradition and following of intense, loyal, hurding fans.

BisonNation11
08-04-2013, 08:52 PM
nonsense bisonnation11, you nor i know what's coming at k-state on the defensive side of the ball. yes, they'll be inexperienced at many positions, but it's not like these kids are fresh out of high school either. if you think this is a paper tiger defense, i'll remind you you're not coming to columbia, missiouri. we'll see if snyder is rebuilding or simply reloading. as for ndsu, no one i know is taking them for anything other than fcs champs two times running with a great tradition and following of loyal fans.

I said vulnerable, not beatable with a paper shredder. I also wanted to point out how you continually fall back on the argument of the offense with no mention of the defense. That's where most of you FBS fans have it wrong and the Alabama's of the world have it right. Score 60 points a game, I don't care. Doesn't do you much good when you give up 70. The point is exactly what you stated. No one knows. And that's what we key on. KSU's questions and possible weak spots will be exploited until proven differently. Your qb will have to beat us with his arm (whoever they decide to go with) and your defense better be ready for an all night battle. Any good team would prepare the same way for your kitties.

SDbison
08-04-2013, 09:07 PM
nonsense bisonnation11, you nor i know what's coming at k-state on the defensive side of the ball. yes, they'll be inexperienced at many positions, but it's not like these kids are fresh out of high school either. if you think this is a paper tiger defense, i'll remind you you're not coming to columbia, missiouri. we'll see if snyder is rebuilding or simply reloading. as for ndsu, no one i know is taking them for anything other than fcs champs two times running with a great tradition and following of intense, loyal, hurding fans. Blah blah blah........BS is the second coming.........always reloads........knows all and sees all........makes perfect halftime adjustments. So what happened in k-states bowl game last year??????????

CaBisonFan
08-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Blah blah blah........BS is the second coming.........always reloads........knows all and sees all........makes perfect halftime adjustments. So what happened in k-states bowl game last year??????????

Yeah...and the Baylor game was...ah...a little rough.

344Johnson
08-04-2013, 09:56 PM
With all the smack being thrown around by some of our folks, I really hope our guys win.

CaBisonFan
08-04-2013, 10:09 PM
With all the smack being thrown around by some of our folks, I really hope our guys win.

Pretty light-duty smack...if at all. I'd never go to another board to attempt to dominate it with thread after thread.

People...for the most part...have been pretty civil.

SDbison
08-04-2013, 10:11 PM
With all the smack being thrown around by some of our folks, I really hope our guys win. They give no respect, we give no respect. If NDSU loses we lose. I don't think most of what we are saying is smack........just reacting to the pompous attitude of their posters on our website. Bill Snyder is a good coach and has done well, but he had a bunch of mediocre at best seasons over the past 20 years. Saying he always reloads based on past seasons is total BS. Also saying he always makes great halftime adjustments is BS (look at Baylor and Oregon games last year). Most of K-states fans are in denial about how much of their team they lost last year. Just bringing them back to reality......don't see that as smack.

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2013, 10:31 PM
They give no respect, we give no respect. If NDSU loses we lose. I don't think most of what we are saying is smack........just reacting to the pompous attitude of their posters on our website. Bill Snyder is a good coach and has done well, but he had a bunch of mediocre at best seasons over the past 20 years. Saying he always reloads based on past seasons is total BS. Also saying he always makes great halftime adjustments is BS (look at Baylor and Oregon games last year). Most of K-states fans are in denial about how much of their team they lost last year. Just bringing them back to reality......don't see that as smack.

Yep. For them to consider themselves an elite program, instead of just a really good program is silly. All I have ever said is this game will go much differently than anyone else thinks. They are thinking Missouri State - let them keep thinking that.

IzzyFlexion
08-04-2013, 11:03 PM
They give no respect, we give no respect. If NDSU loses we lose. I don't think most of what we are saying is smack........just reacting to the pompous attitude of their posters on our website. Bill Snyder is a good coach and has done well, but he had a bunch of mediocre at best seasons over the past 20 years. Saying he always reloads based on past seasons is total BS. Also saying he always makes great halftime adjustments is BS (look at Baylor and Oregon games last year). Most of K-states fans are in denial about how much of their team they lost last year. Just bringing them back to reality......don't see that as smack.

SD mentions the K-State fans telling us of Snyder's great half-time adjustments. In fact, it's been preached to us often on BV by the kitties.
You don't have to look much further than NDSU's title game from January to see that Bohl and company are very good at this also.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-04-2013, 11:37 PM
They have a good team. We have a good team.

Should be a good game.

That is all.

reformedUNDfan
08-05-2013, 06:19 AM
i wonder how bad NDSU would have clobbered KSU over the course of the 80's.

Hammerhead
08-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Great. now what are we going to argue about for the next 3 weeks?

They have a good team. We have a good team.

Should be a good game.

That is all.

OrygunBison
08-06-2013, 06:09 PM
So Cat fans, my biggest concern of this game is team speed when we have the ball. As much crap as I give you guys for getting your asses handed to you in the Fiesta Bowl, something that strikes me in that video is how darn fast your defense is. I know they had trouble with the Ducks speed but those guys are freaks. I look at KSU and see that we may have our hands full trying to do anything around the corner. I know that you guys lose many starters on D but I also know that you guys were trying your best to rotate quite a few during that game...whenever possible at least with the hurry-up style. I assume that you had solid reserves that will now be starters. What are you hearing based on Spring ball and the start of camp as it relates to speed on your new defense? Our offense is kinda slow, with the exception of a couple of guys that run around the corner. Even our tailbacks are a little pokey compared to what you typically see.

One thing that I also saw during that game, and what I think ultimately did the Cats in, was disciplined assignments, or I suppose the lack thereof. The Ducks really got your guys out of position. (They do that to everyone.) I think with slower teams as you're accustomed to playing, your speed can recover some position loss. What do you think about this?

I see this as where the game will be won/lost for both teams. I am certainly not worried about speed on our defense, which I think will really surprise your fans.

tmcats
08-06-2013, 06:21 PM
i have said all along that speed will separate the teams more than schemes or size or any other aspect of the game. if it doesn't, then ndsu will win based on experience. that's only logical. snyder seems pleased at this point in time with his defense, but he's only 3 days into practice. and he has a habit of giving a 1000 word reply to every question,regardless how mundane, without ever telling you a damn thing. so who knows? he does tend to be conservative about everything. so, i suspect the defense will be better than forecast by the media based on snyder's early comments. if you get xm91, they are doing a 3 hour segment on the cats at 2pm tuesday and then repeating it a couple times later in the day.

SDbison
08-06-2013, 06:28 PM
i have said all along that speed will separate the teams more than schemes or size or any other aspect of the game. if it doesn't, then ndsu will win based on experience. that's only logical. snyder seems pleased at this point in time with his defense, but he's only 3 days into practice. he has a habit of saying a 1000 word reply to every question without telling you a damn thing. so who knows? he does tend to be conservative about everything. so, i suspect the defense will be better than forecast by the media based on snyder's early comments. if you get xm91, they are doing a 3 hour segment on the cats at 2pm tuesday and then repeating it a couple times later in the day. Team speed doesn't matter unless the individual effort is well executed and coordinated. Really don't believe with all the guys playing together for the first time that KSU defense will be all that amazing. NDSU will open up things a bit for this game and KSU speed on defense won't make that much difference except to shorten a decent gain or prevent a breakaway run.

tmcats
08-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Team speed doesn't matter unless the individual effort is well executed and coordinated. Really don't believe with all the guys playing together for the first time that KSU defense will be all that amazing. NDSU will open up things a bit for this game and KSU speed on defense won't make that much difference except to shorten a decent gain or prevent a breakaway run.

i expect both teams will execute their game plan well. clearly, ndsu has the advantage of experience but on the offensive side only, as k-state's o is going to be salty. and special teams are always good - sometimes great - under snyder. manhattan media video here below may be of interest ...

http://1350kman.com/k-state-holds-football-media-day/

MNLonghorn10
08-06-2013, 06:58 PM
when does KState send out their tickets?

MNLonghorn10
08-06-2013, 06:59 PM
i expect both teams will execute their game plan well. clearly, ndsu has the advantage of experience but on the offensive side only, as k-state's o is going to be salty. and special teams are always good - sometimes great - under snyder. manhattan media video here below may be of interest ...

http://1350kman.com/k-state-holds-football-media-day/
wait what? I you mean experience on the defensive side of the ball..since you replaced a lot on D?

OrygunBison
08-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Team speed doesn't matter unless the individual effort is well executed and coordinated. Really don't believe with all the guys playing together for the first time that KSU defense will be all that amazing. NDSU will open up things a bit for this game and KSU speed on defense won't make that much difference except to shorten a decent gain or prevent a breakaway run.

Not sure that I agree. Speed can help a defensive team recover and still potentially make a play if the guy gets a little out of position. Certainly, speed and execution are a deadly combination, but I am assuming (perhaps naively) that execution may be a bit off for KSU, at least for a few games while they play together more.

If you're interested in seeing a clear example of this, go back to that link that I posted of the Fiesta Bowl. (Man, I just can't get enough of that game...) In most of the first half, KSU kept up with the Ducks speed, which I personally (admittedly, not unbiased though...) think is a pretty big statement. They really do look fast to me. Almost every time that they got beat, it was a position thing. Our guys on offense don't offer that level of misdirection/speed to really challenge those guys if they come with the talent on D that they had last year.

Hopefully, I am wrong.

One thing is for sure, though. If we beat them, I will be a big KSU fan for the rest of the year. (Unless they play the Ducks again...)

ndsubison1
08-06-2013, 08:16 PM
i have said all along that speed will separate the teams more than schemes or size or any other aspect of the game. if it doesn't, then ndsu will win based on experience. that's only logical. snyder seems pleased at this point in time with his defense, but he's only 3 days into practice. and he has a habit of giving a 1000 word reply to every question,regardless how mundane, without ever telling you a damn thing. so who knows? he does tend to be conservative about everything. so, i suspect the defense will be better than forecast by the media based on snyder's early comments. if you get xm91, they are doing a 3 hour segment on the cats at 2pm tuesday and then repeating it a couple times later in the day.

only thing i am worried about is your OL and special teams

344Johnson
08-06-2013, 08:22 PM

Same for me.

SDbison
08-06-2013, 08:32 PM
only thing i am worried about is your OL and special teams Ditto.......

ndsubison1
08-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Same for me.

also maybe a little bit of Sams if he we let him get to the outside. McKinnon killed us last year with that, but then again not sure how similar that is since GSU ran the triple option

tmcats
08-06-2013, 09:07 PM
also maybe a little bit of Sams if he we let him get to the outside. McKinnon killed us last year with that, but then again not sure how similar that is since GSU ran the triple option

there's a hint of agreement here with the suggestion that speed matters.

OrygunBison
08-06-2013, 09:07 PM

Our guys should be fine with that as long as it is not 4 different guys and 16 possible different options on every play to cover around the corner. That sucked.

LynchMob42
08-06-2013, 09:30 PM

Those are probably the two biggest advantages for the 'Cats.
I believe that 3 of the K-State OL will play in the NFL.
Tyler Lockett will get a shot in the NFL.
Tramaine Thompson may not because of his size.... but Brandon Banks got to be a return man for the Redskins, out of K-State.

56BISON73
08-06-2013, 09:39 PM

I would add receivers.

Bison"FANatic"
08-06-2013, 09:46 PM
The middle of the field 20 yards downfield worries me, if we get beat this is where it will happen and is where speed at TE and slot or fast back slipping through can make for some bad headaches for us.

tmcats
08-06-2013, 10:16 PM
The middle of the field 20 yards downfield worries me, if we get beat this is where it will happen and is where speed at TE and slot or fast back slipping through can make for some bad headaches for us.

k-state's tight ends are not spread types. they are big tough guys who could easily move to tackle because their first job is to block. not at all like playing missouri or oregon spreads where guys like tight-end-by-title-only chase coffman made all-american at mizzou out of the gary pinkel spread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m909cpzceZk

OrygunBison
08-06-2013, 10:36 PM
k-state's tight ends are not spread types. they are big tough guys who could easily move to tackle because their first job is to block. not at all like playing missouri or oregon spreads where guys like tight-end-by-title-only chase coffman made all-american at mizzou out of the gary pinkel spread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m909cpzceZk

You might want to amend your comments about blocking by Oregon's TE's. They are a run first offense, albeit fast. TE's and WR's block a ton in their offense and have to get down field quickly to do so. Lyerla will be an awesome TE in the NFL. Those guys are the main reason why they get around the corner and have space to run once they do so.

I have some game footage available if you'd like to see it.

westnodak93bison
08-06-2013, 10:36 PM

Do you realize Dudzik runs a 4.37 forty?

IzzyFlexion
08-07-2013, 12:08 AM

And a couple of these (both in the video's still picture & in game speed at the :11 mark)..............can neutralize some speed..........
For you cat fans, that's our strong safety that missed the entire season (last year), AND had 15 tackles (several for losses) against Georgia State in 2011 just a few weeks after the Crimson Tide let GSU run wild on them.
Will he be out on the field on August 30th????.........................Oh yes, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hizqW4cmK4E

KC Bison
08-12-2013, 01:07 AM
we played minnesota in the cities several years ago. it wasn't much of a game. the gophers are not very good and haven't been since the 60's. Sorry, I couldn't remember K-State playing Minnesota recently so I looked it up. The last time you played Minnesota was in 1994, 19 years ago. I guess it depends how you define several years ago, but that was the last century. If you want comparative scores, I'd rather compare how K-State did against Baylor last year vs. how Sam Houston did against Baylor.

tmcats
08-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Sorry, I couldn't remember K-State playing Minnesota recently so I looked it up. The last time you played Minnesota was in 1994, 19 years ago. I guess it depends how you define several years ago, but that was the last century. If you want comparative scores, I'd rather compare how K-State did against Baylor last year vs. how Sam Houston did against Baylor.

if you want comparative scores, perhaps you should wait till month's end, then we can discuss it with germane information. my point was that the golden rodents have sucked for a very long time.

CaBisonFan
08-12-2013, 01:58 AM
if you want comparative scores, perhaps you should wait till month's end, then we can discuss it with germane information. my point was that the golden rodents have sucked for a very long time.

A condition that most cats fans should remember well.

Bison"FANatic"
08-12-2013, 01:58 AM

That doesn't do him much good when he has a speedy receiver he is responsible for on the outside in the cover two and they send someone speedy up the center or close to it. He will catch him but only if he gets a good angle and way down field We have had some big plays in big games beat us in the deep center some have also been screwed up by the O, UNI in the dome the guy tripped on the turf monster and Georgia southern had a huge one two years ago when he made the catch deep over the center and then the ball was stripped to bail us out. Swopes also got us down the center last year when Marcus came over and put half a shoulder into him but he scored. A lot of these came off play action but not all. It will be interesting to see how much we leave Marcus on a island to allow for better coverage and run support elsewhere in this game.

GOBISON123
08-12-2013, 03:25 AM

The Ducks RB, De Anthony, turned that game into a track meet. His second TD was sweet, he stayed right behind his marker and took 3 guys with him towards a TD in the end.

Three things,
1) us the Bison, take quick snaps to unsettle the K-State D and
2) The two Safety's ( Golden Eagle and his partner) start two steps behind their normal position.
3) Usually the position of the full back determines the direction in which K-state QB will throw/run the ball. So we need to keep an eye on that.