PDA

View Full Version : Returning Starters

SamsRams
07-31-2013, 11:37 AM
I have seen people say 20 returners and even some saying as low as 17.

http://bisonation.info/how-many-starters-return/

What do you think?

HerdBot
07-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Pierre was benched after blowing the coverage vs Colorado State do he's certainly quality but not a starter.

I would say Lund, Martin, and Bruhn. If you don't subtract Heagle to begin with its 19

Tony Almeida
07-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Pierre was benched after blowing the coverage vs Colorado State do he's certainly quality but not a starter.

I would say Lund, Martin, and Bruhn. If you don't subtract Heagle to begin with its 19

??? Ahhhh....What?

HerdBot
07-31-2013, 09:05 PM
??? Ahhhh....What?

22-3 (11 offense 11 defense) confused I mess something up?

SamsRams
07-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Question isnt how many starters NDSU lost, it's how many you feel they return. They are not necessarily the same thing. Hard for me to say Pierre or Vaadeland cant be considered returning starters.

reformedUNDfan
07-31-2013, 10:57 PM
I consider Vladland to be the returning starter at TE. Lund and martin are the departing starters, partially because Bruhn was out for such huge stretches of last year. Either 20 of 22 or 22 of 24 starters return.

HerdBot
07-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Question isnt how many starters NDSU lost, it's how many you feel they return. They are not necessarily the same thing. Hard for me to say Pierre or Vaadeland cant be considered returning starters.

I see. Probably 20 since Vadeland performed like a starter. Pierre is starter quality but he was replaced by Martin

BisonNeil
08-01-2013, 07:39 PM

Stats say Vaadeland started 6 games. Does that count?

DjKyRo
08-01-2013, 09:17 PM
22-3 (11 offense 11 defense) confused I mess something up?

Don't forget punter and kicker, which are both back.

SamsRams
08-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Don't forget punter and kicker, which are both back.

Along with Long Snapper, KR and PR.

Plus dont forget NDSU only lost one coach from the 2012 staff

Stats say Vaadeland started 6 games. Does that count?

The blog I posted says the same thing. To some it does to some it doesnt. Bonnet started 3 games, Hinz has started before and other players.

dewey
08-02-2013, 03:18 PM
I said 20 starters back as Lund and Martin were solid starters all last year. However Bruhn was inured for a good portion of the season. I also figured Heagle as a starter since the main reason Ollman started was because Heagle was out. Coming off of two straight national championships it is certainly a nice problem to have.

my 2 cents.

Dewey

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-03-2013, 12:12 AM
I said 20 starters back as Lund and Martin were solid starters all last year. However Bruhn was inured for a good portion of the season. I also figured Heagle as a starter since the main reason Ollman started was because Heagle was out. Coming off of two straight national championships it is certainly a nice problem to have.

my 2 cents.

Dewey

What he said.

Also, if I remember correctly, Martin didn't start until either Sheppard or Heagle went down, but my memory could be playing tricks on me again.

Either way, we didn't lose too many, if any.

Tony Almeida
08-03-2013, 07:06 PM

The problem lies in next year...

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-03-2013, 07:07 PM

We'll worry about next year.................next year. :)

GOBISON123
08-03-2013, 08:42 PM

Coach Bohl needs to bench this year starters and field a lineup of 2014-2015 team against Ferris State.

westnodak93bison
08-03-2013, 08:47 PM

Glass is half full. A GREAT incoming FR class will get to knock heads will the best FCS team for probably 5 months. They will be ready to contribute next fall.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tony Almeida
08-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Glass is half full. A GREAT incoming FR class will get to knock heads will the best FCS team for probably 5 months. They will be ready to contribute next fall.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I love your optimism...and I hope your right!