PDA

View Full Version : Aggieville live

SamsRams
07-31-2013, 05:42 AM
If you cant make it to Manhattan I have a strong feeling you will love this link.

http://www.aggievillelive.com/

onbison09
07-31-2013, 05:52 AM
Don't let me down guys!

tmcats
07-31-2013, 02:45 PM
you guys seem to be treating this like a bcs bowl game.

344Johnson
07-31-2013, 02:48 PM

Nah, BCS games are played in desirable locations.....not Kansas.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Nah, BCS games are played in desirable locations.....not Kansas.

um, this coming from north dakota?

Bison 4 Life
07-31-2013, 02:56 PM

Kansas is North Dakota +30 degrees.

TAILG8R
07-31-2013, 03:04 PM

No we just love to follow are team and party with our friends and fellow fans. Just because a fan base travels well and likes to have a good time doesn't mean they treat every away game like their 'Super Bowl". My least favorite part of playing FBS schools is the "this is he biggest game of the year for your team" crap. No it isn't, championship games are the goal and therefore there are a lot bigger games during the year.

BisonTeacher
07-31-2013, 03:13 PM
No we just love to follow are team and party with our friends and fellow fans. Just because a fan base travels well and likes to have a good time doesn't mean they treat every away game like their 'Super Bowl". My least favorite part of playing FBS schools is the "this is he biggest game of the year for your team" crap. No it isn't, championship games are the goal and therefore there are a lot bigger games during the year.

Remember...fbs teams havent had playoffs...so theyve been conditioned to think a bowl game is like a super bowl/championship.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 03:22 PM

that was my point. except i've traveled both and north dakota takes the cake.

THEsocalledfan
07-31-2013, 04:08 PM

A third championship game is bigger, not doubt, but considering where NDSU is, and the legacy they are trying to establish, this game is huge. Let's not downplay it. Many more people remember the Ap St thrashing of Michigan than they do winning 3 titles.

tjbison
07-31-2013, 05:12 PM
that was my point. except i've traveled both and north dakota takes the cake.

yeah but really do have yellow brick roads and literally our state almost shits gold bars

TAILG8R
07-31-2013, 05:17 PM
A third championship game is bigger, not doubt, but considering where NDSU is, and the legacy they are trying to establish, this game is huge. Let's not downplay it. Many more people remember the Ap St thrashing of Michigan than they do winning 3 titles.

I suppose those outside the program know more about App State's win over Michigan, but as a fan I care more about 10 national titles than beating FBS teams. Not saying public perception is not important, I believe it is.

LynchMob42
07-31-2013, 05:24 PM

And over 2 million more people.

Seriously, I like your football team and your fanbase's passion for them, but this board is just incredibly touchy.

Bison 4 Life
07-31-2013, 05:30 PM

Seriously, I like your football team and your fanbase's passion for them, but this board is just incredibly touchy.

you don't think the weather has anything to do with that?

I forgot -$1 billion

THEsocalledfan
07-31-2013, 06:17 PM
I suppose those outside the program know more about App State's win over Michigan, but as a fan I care more about 10 national titles than beating FBS teams. Not saying public perception is not important, I believe it is.

Completely agree and very much why I pointed out a championship appearance is clearly bigger, but we both realize the general sports fan knows Bama took home the last two titles, but very few know NDSU took home the last two FCS titles. I know it is childish, but boy, do I want them to know. I win at K State would get NDSU featured on ESPN and they would certainly mention NDSU's FCS dominance and proud history.

56BISON73
07-31-2013, 07:22 PM

Are you saying the point isn't valid? Nice try at deflection.

tmcats
07-31-2013, 08:51 PM
your point is validated by its irony.

Bison 4 Life
07-31-2013, 10:00 PM
That livecam looks a lot like Perham, MN. No?

SamsRams
07-31-2013, 10:40 PM
That livecam looks a lot like Perham, MN. No?

Perham, MN #TITLETOWN

MNLonghorn10
07-31-2013, 10:57 PM

No its just funny reading how Kansas people think their state isn't incredibly boring, it is... and North Dakota is also incredibly boring. They even share the same shapes! but I dont think anyone from Kansas message boards has recognized this.

LOL @ bragging about 2 million people.

spelunker64
08-01-2013, 02:03 AM
So since tailgating is dry, is Aggieville the pregame spot to be?

tmcats
08-01-2013, 02:58 AM
aggieville's a must the night before ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSzW6Yzko3Y

then to tailgating game day ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kpmigFkj-c

or ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sUe6nBLuLE

Herd
08-01-2013, 03:46 AM

Its not the NCAA DI Championship, but its an important game. Ya, I guess its about like the rest of the bcs bowls outside the Championship game.

SamsRams
08-01-2013, 04:42 AM

No doubt, if given the option, pick one game for NDSU to win, Frisco is #1 in my book. But NDSU may never play here again and that is makes the game more interesting to me. Plus the opportunity to have 1/7th-1/5th of the crowd be NDSU fans and then talking to their fans being like WTF, who are you guys. I love that about this program and school

LynchMob42
08-01-2013, 02:37 PM
So since tailgating is dry, is Aggieville the pregame spot to be?

Aggieville is a great place to start. Then, you can take the free bus from Aggieville to the stadium.
If you have your own tailgate, or join someone else's, feel free to drink there. The only key is to not flaunt your alcohol.
Put your drink, whatever it may be, in a plastic cup and you'll get no trouble.

BisonTeacher
08-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Aggieville is a great place to start. Then, you can take the free bus from Aggieville to the stadium.
If you have your own tailgate, or join someone else's, feel free to drink there. The only key is to not flaunt your alcohol.
Put your drink, whatever it may be, in a plastic cup and you'll get no trouble.

After the last minnesota game, I think most bison fans are a little leery of shuttle buses.

LynchMob42
08-01-2013, 02:49 PM
After the last minnesota game, I think most bison fans are a little leery of shuttle buses.

There are some inherent drawbacks to confining opposing fans in a small space, immediately after imbibing.
In fact, I've heard unfortunate stories in these situations that didn't even include opposing fans.

That said, enjoy Aggieville, enjoy the tailgaiting (which is fantastic, and probably a better environment for visitors than bars).
Again, feel free to drink on the premises, just keep it put away, and keep your drinks in a plastic cup.