PDA

View Full Version : 500 Standing Room Tickets for Kansas State Game

SDbison
07-19-2013, 03:39 AM
Go get them Bison fans...........................

SRO Tickets to be made available

MANHATTAN, Kan. – K-State Athletics officials announced today that 500 general admission/SRO tickets for seven of the Wildcats’ eight home games will go on sale Monday (July 22) to the general public, while 500 additional seats from Oklahoma’s returned allotment will also be available.
Fans may purchase up to eight SRO tickets per order for the following seven games:

NDSU: $35
Louisiana: $30
UMass: $30
Baylor: $65
West Virginia: $55
TCU: $65
OU: $75
The SRO tickets will be located on the Northeast Hill of Bill Snyder Family Stadium, while the 500 tickets located in the south end zone that Oklahoma has returned from its allotment will also be available for $75 each. Tickets can be purchased online, by phone or in person beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Monday. For more information regarding tickets, contact the K-State Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-221-CATS or visit www.k-statesports.com (http://www.k-statesports.com/). Fans viewing the game from the hill are asked not to stand along areas of the stadium concourse and may bring a blanket for hill seating.
Additional visiting team tickets may still be returned at a later time. Announcements will be made via k-statesports.com and by signing up for promotional emails at www.k-statesports.com/ot/subscribe.html (http://www.k-statesports.com/ot/subscribe.html).
K-State fans have stepped up in record fashion by purchasing all available season tickets for the 2013 season, while fewer than 100 scattered singles remain in reserved bench, premium bench, or view level seating areas for the games against Louisiana, UMASS, Baylor, Iowa State, TCU.
Kansas State will take part in the 2013 Big 12 Football Media Days on Monday at the Omni Hotel in downtown Dallas, Texas. Representing K-State along with head coach Bill Snyder will be Tyler Lockett, Ty Zimmerman, B.J. Finney and Tre Walker. Complete media day coverage will be available at both www.k-statesports.com (http://www.k-statesports.com/) and www.big12sports.com (http://www.big12sports.com/).
K-State opens its doors to the new West Stadium Center and kicks off the 2013 season by welcoming two-time defending FCS National Champion North Dakota State in a special Friday-night contest on August 30. The contest is slated for a 7:30 p.m., kickoff and will be televised by nationally by FOX Sports 1.

– k-statesports.com –

westnodak93bison
07-19-2013, 03:50 AM
Oklahoma did not sell their allotment?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SDbison
07-19-2013, 04:02 AM
Oklahoma did not sell their allotment?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 ha ha, Bison fans > Oklahoma fans.

Tatanka
07-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Well, to be fair, Oklahoma is a long way away from Kansas.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

southcliffbison
07-19-2013, 04:17 AM

Yo, Tatanka, you were being facetious, right? It's like 320 miles from Norman to Manhattan !!! A walk in the park to NoDaks

SamsRams
07-19-2013, 04:17 AM
Weird Iowa State isnt list in the SRO seats for sale. I think they are worried NDSU will set the record attendance for their stadium

IzzyFlexion
07-19-2013, 04:22 AM
I'm gonna scalp.
Bringin' a "working girl" should help garner some attention from sellers.
BTW......I gotta get way more selective in that dept.

MankatoBison
07-19-2013, 05:20 AM
Now THIS is what I've been waiting to hear! .... looks like I might be going to the game afterall haha... do we know where these SRO tix are for? like is it "ust go find a place in the concourse and hope you can see the field"? or did I hear something about a hill you can sit on or something?

SamsRams
07-19-2013, 06:17 AM
look at stubhub map, it has it there. Right next to section 28 and I believe right by the NDSU team entrance

MNLonghorn10
07-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Oklahoma sucks at everything so yea, not shocked.

KSBisonFan
07-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Now THIS is what I've been waiting to hear! .... looks like I might be going to the game afterall haha... do we know where these SRO tix are for? like is it "ust go find a place in the concourse and hope you can see the field"? or did I hear something about a hill you can sit on or something?

The article says they are on the NE Hill. It's just a grassy hill where you can bring a blanket and sit.

Thanks for posting this SD. I've been checking their site daily waiting for this. Now I need to decide if I'm gonna go the online route or in person at the ticket office.

tony
07-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Yo, Tatanka, you were being facetious, right? It's like 320 miles from Norman to Manhattan !!! A walk in the park to NoDaks

I think that he means socio-economically.. ooh, i'm bashing the sooner state!

Tatanka
07-19-2013, 02:54 PM

By now you should know to apply purple font to 99.9998% of my posts... :D

westnodak93bison
07-19-2013, 04:19 PM

I work with a die hard OU fan from Okie City and gave him crap this morning about the Sooner faithful not supporting their team and using their allotted tickets for the K state game. He said that isn't a big game for them? I told him the average okie fan probably did a map quest search to Manhattan NY and figured it was too far to drive.

Tatanka
07-19-2013, 04:28 PM
I work with a die hard OU fan from Okie City and gave him crap this morning about the Sooner faithful not supporting their team and using their allotted tickets for the K state game. He said that isn't a big game for them? I told him the average okie fan probably did a map quest search to Manhattan NY and figured it was too far to drive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2:D Exactly. I was banking on the okies having to actually use google maps to figure out where kansas is, but mapquest will do... probably more efficient over their shared AOL dial-up connection.

BadlandsBison
07-19-2013, 04:44 PM
:D Exactly. I was banking on the okies having to actually use google maps to figure out where kansas is, but mapquest will do... probably more efficient over their shared AOL dial-up connection.

It either wagons east or wagons west, the y-axis is not an option for them

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hammerhead
07-19-2013, 06:03 PM
They do know how to travel NE/SW if the road is straight although NoDak has the longest straight stretch of highway in America if you discount a couple of curves were the section lines don't match up.
http://jalopnik.com/5963917/the-longest-straight-roads-in-the-world

It either wagons east or wagons west, the y-axis is not an option for them

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IzzyFlexion
07-19-2013, 08:14 PM
By now you should know to apply purple font to 99.9998% of my posts... :D

So, given your explanation above........
Because it's not in purple but the use of purple is implied......then how can we be sure that sarcasm isn't at play with your "99% of my posts"
Hey Rock......what the hell do you call that ???? I'm going with CIRCULAR REFERENCE. Kinda like a roughed up "chicken or the egg" question.

Tatanka
07-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Izzy is a lot smarter than BBR looks...:D

BlueBisonRock
07-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Izzy is a lot smarter than BBR looks...:D

Gaads. Another roundabout discussion. :facepalm:

BisonNeil
07-20-2013, 12:48 AM
I find it interesting that for non-conference games, the SRO tickets for the NDSU game are more expensive than the others. Is this because they perceive they have a better chance of selling SROs to NDSU fans because we travel better than UMASS and the Cajuns, or because we are dumb enough to buy them :D

HerdBot
07-20-2013, 01:25 AM
I find it interesting that for non-conference games, the SRO tickets for the NDSU game are more expensive than the others. Is this because they perceive they have a better chance of selling SROs to NDSU fans because we travel better than UMASS and the Cajuns, or because we are dumb enough to buy them :D

I would buy them. $35 for a sold out Big 12 game on prime time national TV? Its supply and demand. Big time schools do that

A1pigskin
07-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Weird Iowa State isnt list in the SRO seats for sale. I think they are worried NDSU will set the record attendance for their stadium

I think you are onto something here.

ndsubison1
07-20-2013, 05:36 AM
Bump bump bump

KSBisonFan
07-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Just got 8 SRO tix online.....phone line has been busy the whole time.

SDbison
07-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Did anyone at bisonville get some of these tickets? Looks like Izzo and Kolpack did not help the cause.........never mentioned these tickets went on sale this morning.

gotts
07-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Did anyone at bisonville get some of these tickets? Looks like Izzo and Kolpack did not help the cause.........never mentioned these tickets went on sale this morning.

I managed to grab some.

DePereBisonFan
07-22-2013, 01:44 PM
In with 4 of us!!! Phonelines busy, online was a piece of cake.

KSBisonFan
07-22-2013, 01:45 PM
I just tried again to see if any are available and the online system said 'Unable to secure seats in this Price Level'

gotts
07-22-2013, 01:52 PM
I just tried again to see if any are available and the online system said 'Unable to secure seats in this Price Level'

I got in right away at 8:30. Tried again at 8:34 and got that message.

hattonbison
07-22-2013, 02:19 PM
I got thru online right away and got that damn unable to secure tickets. Frustrating. Got thru on phone and by the time the ticket guy got all my info he tells me it is sold out, even tho I told him right away NDSU game. I have never been so mad in my life. I will be there just will wait for prices to come down. And when we win it will be so sweet due to how ticket sales went with this game.

tmcats
07-22-2013, 03:10 PM
I got thru online right away and got that damn unable to secure tickets. Frustrating. Got thru on phone and by the time the ticket guy got all my info he tells me it is sold out, even tho I told him right away NDSU game. I have never been so mad in my life. I will be there just will wait for prices to come down. And when we win it will be so sweet due to how ticket sales went with this game.

all sold out games have brokers working the streets beforehand. you can get a ticket. i'm sure. you'll just have to pay the fair market value. these guys aren't hard to find.

HerdBot
07-22-2013, 03:13 PM
all sold out games have brokers working the streets beforehand. you can get a ticket. i'm sure. you'll just have to pay the fair market value. these guys aren't hard to find.

reminds me of frisco texas

westnodak93bison
07-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Busy busy is all I got trying to call in

DePereBisonFan
07-22-2013, 09:12 PM
I want to thank SD Bison for starting this thread, without which I would probably not be attending this game (and certainly not at face value pricing).

This is just awesome. I can hardly wait to lay out the blanket and watch the game from the hill. Old school and pure win.

SDbison
07-22-2013, 09:49 PM
I want to thank SD Bison for starting this thread, without which I would probably not be attending this game (and certainly not at face value pricing).

This is just awesome. I can hardly wait to lay out the blanket and watch the game from the hill. Old school and pure win. Look for me on that same hillside.....I will be wearing my hardhat. My chance for better tickets fell through so rather than take 4 reserved singles in different locations I got 4 general admission.

SamsRams
07-22-2013, 09:51 PM

This is why real Bison fans should follow @bisonation. I sent out 3 tweets announcing this news as well as a tweet a week before telling people to be on the lookout for these tickets. Also started a thread here but it only got a few views. Good work starting this thread SD!

SlickVic
07-23-2013, 12:41 AM
Self promote dont work as well for you el vegas even sd cronkite beats you ialto aint to proud to beg by tlc left eye lopez my gal chea

GOBISON123
07-23-2013, 12:43 AM
welcome back slic vic we missed you man.:)

SlickVic
07-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Just a flyby just doin my patrol job figuring out the shac financin

GOBISON123
07-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Just a flyby just doin my patrol job figuring out the shac financin

LOL ... sounds good

HerdBot
07-23-2013, 02:13 AM
Self promote dont work as well for you el vegas even sd cronkite beats you ialto aint to proud to beg by tlc left eye lopez my gal chea

Hey at least Sams promoted it. Props to Sams and SD Bison

bisonfanette
07-23-2013, 03:45 AM
Go get them Bison fans...........................

SRO Tickets to be made available

MANHATTAN, Kan. – K-State Athletics officials announced today that 500 general admission/SRO tickets for seven of the Wildcats’ eight home games will go on sale Monday (July 22) to the general public, while 500 additional seats from Oklahoma’s returned allotment will also be available.
Fans may purchase up to eight SRO tickets per order for the following seven games:

NDSU: $35
Louisiana: $30
UMass: $30
Baylor: $65
West Virginia: $55
TCU: $65
OU: $75
The SRO tickets will be located on the Northeast Hill of Bill Snyder Family Stadium, while the 500 tickets located in the south end zone that Oklahoma has returned from its allotment will also be available for $75 each. Tickets can be purchased online, by phone or in person beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Monday. For more information regarding tickets, contact the K-State Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-221-CATS or visit www.k-statesports.com (http://www.k-statesports.com/). Fans viewing the game from the hill are asked not to stand along areas of the stadium concourse and may bring a blanket for hill seating.
Additional visiting team tickets may still be returned at a later time. Announcements will be made via k-statesports.com and by signing up for promotional emails at www.k-statesports.com/ot/subscribe.html (http://www.k-statesports.com/ot/subscribe.html).
K-State fans have stepped up in record fashion by purchasing all available season tickets for the 2013 season, while fewer than 100 scattered singles remain in reserved bench, premium bench, or view level seating areas for the games against Louisiana, UMASS, Baylor, Iowa State, TCU.
Kansas State will take part in the 2013 Big 12 Football Media Days on Monday at the Omni Hotel in downtown Dallas, Texas. Representing K-State along with head coach Bill Snyder will be Tyler Lockett, Ty Zimmerman, B.J. Finney and Tre Walker. Complete media day coverage will be available at both www.k-statesports.com (http://www.k-statesports.com/) and www.big12sports.com (http://www.big12sports.com/).
K-State opens its doors to the new West Stadium Center and kicks off the 2013 season by welcoming two-time defending FCS National Champion North Dakota State in a special Friday-night contest on August 30. The contest is slated for a 7:30 p.m., kickoff and will be televised by nationally by FOX Sports 1.

– k-statesports.com –

You guys probably already know this... but Oklahoma didn't receive an allotment for the NDSU game.
K-State said, that the visiting teams only receive tickets for the games that they are playing in.
Glad that some of you rec'd tickets today!

1998braves64
07-23-2013, 03:56 AM
I think people were referring to Oklahoma's allotment that they returned 500 of their 1500 and how OK being just south of Kansas (the equivalent of NDSU fans traveling to Brookings) they (OU) were only able to sell 1000 but NDSU sold their entire allotment.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

SamsRams
07-23-2013, 05:12 AM
You guys probably already know this... but Oklahoma didn't receive an allotment for the NDSU game.

I laughed and then cried at the thought of someone asking the ticket office for seats to the NDSU game that Oklahoma returned to KState

bisonfanette
07-23-2013, 05:30 AM
I laughed and then cried at the thought of someone asking the ticket office for seats to the NDSU game that Oklahoma returned to KState

Nope - they were just asked why Oklahoma doesn't use their allotment... and in their answer, they stated that there was confusion re: the ndsu game & tickets returned. They also said to watch the k-state ticket exchange.

OnagaCat
07-23-2013, 11:30 AM
I think people were referring to Oklahoma's allotment that they returned 500 of their 1500 and how OK being just south of Kansas (the equivalent of NDSU fans traveling to Brookings) they (OU) were only able to sell 1000 but NDSU sold their entire allotment.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

The Big 12 mandates 4,000 visitor tickets for conference games so OU sold 3500, not 1,000.

Tatanka
07-23-2013, 11:41 AM
The fact they returned any tickets unsold is sad IMHO. Appreciate the clarification.

OnagaCat
07-23-2013, 01:15 PM
The fact they returned any tickets unsold is sad IMHO. Appreciate the clarification.

OU has never been know to travel well to away games especially considering their proud history.

Tatanka
07-23-2013, 01:31 PM
OU has never been know to travel well to away games especially considering their proud history.

probably better for everyone else that they stay in Oklahoma.

KSBisonFan
07-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Wow. There are 54 of the North Hill GA tickets on Stub Hub now starting at $89!

PlainsBison
07-23-2013, 09:06 PM
I would assume some people will tailgate at the designated area, and others will choose to tailgate with the K-State crew.

http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/kstateschedule?erid=10002303&trid=c0b023a9-2af0-464e-89cf-4c754ff96232

I checked this out online. It's actually close to the edge of their tailgating area.

SamsRams
07-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Wow. There are 54 of the North Hill GA tickets on Stub Hub now starting at $89!

My guess was 50-50. 50% of SRO tickets went to NDSU fans and 50% went to people trying to make money off NDSU fans. Looks like it was more 85-15 with NDSU fans winning

gotts
07-27-2013, 02:57 PM
tickets arrived yesterday

westnodak93bison
07-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Only 500 SRO tickets? Seems like they have more room?

IzzyFlexion
07-27-2013, 03:29 PM
tickets arrived yesterday

So, B-Teach should be expecting his sometime in the spring of 2016.