PDA

View Full Version : Drago and punt cover

bisonaudit
11-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Drago's gross yards per punt is 4.8 yards better than #2 in the Great West.

NDSU's net yards per punt is 5.0 yard better than #2 in the Great West. Granted we only punt 3 times a game, but that's 15 yards of field position per game over the next best team and almost 30 over the poorest.

Let's hear it for Drago and the cover team because the farther you kick it the tougher it is to cover, but our net is still better than our gross relative to the rest of the league.

silkamilkamonico
11-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Drago's an awesome punter and I am fortunate NDSU has him for these very reasons.

It's the length of his punts that does the damage, and even more importantly, it's the height and the hang time that allows the cover teams to get down the field.

Bisonguy
11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
You think he says, "I must break you" to the ball before every kick??

bisonaudit
11-06-2006, 09:26 PM
"If he dies, he dies." brought to you by the Common Man Progrum.

You think he says, "I must break you" to the ball before every kick??

Gamehunter
11-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Drago's gross yards per punt is 4.8 yards better than #2 in the Great West.

Let's hear it for Drago and the cover team because the farther you kick it the tougher it is to cover, but our net is still better than our gross relative to the rest of the league.

Drago also has some good hang time to compliment the distance so it would probably be similar to covering for a "normal" punter.

IABZN
11-06-2006, 09:31 PM
I was absolutly amazed at the hang time of his punts :o He is a great specialteams weapon to have.

IowaBisonToo
11-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Does anybody know what his hang-time is? And, how does he compare to that punter from U of OK (??) the other night on TV who is rated #1 in D-IA?

bisonaudit
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Does anybody know what his hang-time is? *And, how does he compare to that punter from U of OK (??) the other night on TV who is rated #1 in D-IA?

don't know about hang time but the guy from OK St is averaging 47.35 and Drago is averaging 47 flat.

Add'l tid-bit: For the I-A leader board I saw you needed 3.6 punts per game to qualify, Drago is averaging less than 3 per game. 3.6 seems like a pretty big number but maybe that's just me.

Bison_Dan
11-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Does anybody know what his hang-time is? *And, how does he compare to that punter from U of OK (??) the other night on TV who is rated #1 in D-IA?

don't know about hang time but the guy from OK St is averaging 47.35 and Drago is averaging 47 flat.

Add'l tid-bit: For the I-A leader board I saw you needed 3.6 punts per game to qualify, Drago is averaging less than 3 per game. *3.6 seems like a pretty big number but maybe that's just me.

I guess we'll have to tell Mr. Walker to not make so first downs on third down. ;)