PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Panic!

onbison09
07-17-2013, 07:15 PM
FOX Sports 1 doesn't have a deal for Direc TV (and others) yet. http://www.tvpredictions.com/fox071513.htm

This is probably a plot by K-State to sell more webcasts.

Bison Dan
07-17-2013, 07:17 PM
FOX Sports 1 doesn't have a deal for Direc TV (and others) yet. http://www.tvpredictions.com/fox071513.htm

This is probably a plot by K-State to sell more webcasts.I heard it's replacing SPEED on direct TV and it's Dish that it doesn't have a deal with.

MNLonghorn10
07-17-2013, 07:17 PM
I'll make sure to panic at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

Maybe ESPN3 will carry it. Good luck to those in Fargo watching it

Bison"FANatic"
07-17-2013, 07:21 PM
I Good luck to those in Fargo watching it

I would bet Midcontinent has it as Comcast already has signed on and I believe that they have a part ownership in Midcon.

onbison09
07-17-2013, 07:32 PM
I heard it's replacing SPEED on direct TV and it's Dish that it doesn't have a deal with.

The article said that they had a deal for motorsports channel but not an all sports channel so they don't have a deal.

Bison 4 Life
07-17-2013, 07:34 PM

This.

10 char

bisonaudit
07-17-2013, 07:34 PM
I heard it's replacing SPEED on direct TV and it's Dish that it doesn't have a deal with.

It is replacing SPEED on DirecTV but FOX doesn't want to keep taking the nickle a subscriber or whatever DirecTV is paying for SPEED. They want a bigger slice. If there's no deal they're going to give DirecTV a watered down loop of SPEED programing, in order to fulfill their contractual obligation, instead of FOX Sports 1. Apparently they did the same thing when they switched FOX Reality to NatGeo Wild.

b15on
07-17-2013, 07:36 PM
This was in the Forum (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/406324/group/Sports/) this morning

"The network has yet to reach agreements with DirecTV or Dish Network, but Jeremy Jorgenson, the NDSU director of broadcasting, said that should not set off an alarm.

“We’re a month out,” he said. “That usually goes down to the wire.” "

I see FOX doing anything in their power to get it on if it goes down to the last couple days or else they'll lose some serious interest.

CaBisonFan
07-17-2013, 07:40 PM
I thought espn was carrying the game.

thundarsdaddy
07-17-2013, 07:41 PM

This is probably a plot by K-State to sell more webcasts.

Are we NOT going to see you(and your folks) at the Game itself??

Screw the broadcasts, you better be there, your former hometown will be well-represented!!!

LOL

bisonmike2
07-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Fox1 will not launch w/out a deal on DirecTV. They want to become ESPN and DirecTV has the premier sports package on satellite.

Professor Chaos
07-17-2013, 07:49 PM
CableOne subscribers do get ESPN3 now :hide:

Tatanka
07-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Please feel free to PM me if you want updates from the game.

Not necessarily live updates, but you'll get an update if you PM me.

BisonFan02
07-18-2013, 01:21 AM

Screw the broadcasts, you better be there, your former hometown will be well-represented!!!

LOL

Go represent...I'm stuck in Fargo for that weekend.

Bisonwinagn
07-18-2013, 02:10 AM
The Big Ten Network didn't get on Comcast for two years so nobody knows how long it will take.

Vitojr130
07-18-2013, 05:45 AM
I have Cableone and I'm 99% sure I saw a commercial that stated Cableone is going to be carrying Fox Sports 1....

IzzyFlexion
07-18-2013, 10:48 AM

ahhhh.......remember.........front row!
You better panic you "can't see sh!t muther effer".

onbison09
07-18-2013, 07:56 PM

LOL

I know it. That's gonna be like my first week at my new job though.*

*Cue TAB with a comment about being a hooker/stripper or something

Tatanka
07-18-2013, 08:26 PM
I know it. That's gonna be like my first week at my new job though.*

*Cue TAB with a comment about being a hooker/stripper or something

well shit man, set the expectations right from day one.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

BisonFan02
07-18-2013, 08:37 PM
well shit man, set the expectations right from day one.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

And get pimp slapped and put back in his place?

Hammerhead
07-19-2013, 12:34 AM
DirecTV and Viacom have negotiated up until the last day of the contract. At least we have one-day buffer since their 1st college came is Utah State vs. Utah on the 29th.

THEsocalledfan
07-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Anyone heard where Midcontinent is in negotiations? No doubt Midcontinent, which basically covers everywhere in ND except for what is covered by Cablezero should have a lot of pressure to pick it up. (not to mention a lot of customers in MN and SD who want it) I need it to be on there so I can preserve the masterpiece properly.....

WestDak
07-22-2013, 05:49 PM
From the Fox standpoint, they are replacing Speed with Fox Sports One. So I would think for the average person with cable, there is no problem and most cable companies will have a seamless changeover. The ones that seem to have more of a problem are always the biggest companies - the dish networks and the huge national cable companies. I just checked my Midcontinent bill, and there is a message on the front that Fox Sports One debuts August 17, so all Midcontinent customers are set.

And sorry, but in regards to those who asked about ESPN3, in my opinion no way does a Fox game end up on any kind of ESPN platform. Especially one on their new national sports channel. That would be like NBC doing online streaming of a CBS game and CBS permitting it. Not going to happen.

BisonFan02
07-22-2013, 06:26 PM
From the Fox standpoint, they are replacing Speed with Fox Sports One. So I would think for the average person with cable, there is no problem and most cable companies will have a seamless changeover. The ones that seem to have more of a problem are always the biggest companies - the dish networks and the huge national cable companies. I just checked my Midcontinent bill, and there is a message on the front that Fox Sports One debuts August 17, so all Midcontinent customers are set.

And sorry, but in regards to those who asked about ESPN3, in my opinion no way does a Fox game end up on any kind of ESPN platform. Especially one on their new national sports channel. That would be like NBC doing online streaming of a CBS game and CBS permitting it. Not going to happen.

......soooo no ESPN3 workaround then?

Hammerhead
07-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Here's good news for DirecTV viewers. Newscorp, the company that owns Fox also owns nearly 1/3 of DirecTV.
http://themmareport.com/2013/07/will-i-get-fox-sports-1/

bisonaudit
07-22-2013, 07:09 PM
Here's good news for DirecTV viewers. Newscorp, the company that owns Fox also owns nearly 1/3 of DirecTV.
http://themmareport.com/2013/07/will-i-get-fox-sports-1/

I don't think that's correct. I think NewsCorp sold their interest in DirecTV a number of years ago.

BisonTeacher
08-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Anyone have updates on Fox Sports 1 and directv?

SamsRams
08-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Anyone have updates on Fox Sports 1 and directv?

nothing new, still no deal

Hammerhead
08-14-2013, 12:25 PM
The online guide for DirecTV doesn't show FS1, but if you search for a show, it it listed on channel 618 which is currently the Fuel channel. like this:

SPORTS
Crowd Goes Wild

Add to Playlist
TV14 | Format: SD, HD
The biggest sports stories of the day from multiple points of view in a spontaneous conversation.
Next On: Mon, Aug 19, 3:00PM PDT 618

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/search/siteSearchResults.jsp?showEntNav=false&searchTerm=crowd%20goes%20wild&taTopMatch=true&originator=Search%20Results

SafeTeeJ
08-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Speed channel is 607 on DirectV. Now when I am on speed channel on my DirectV, the station logo says Speed/FS1. So what's up with that? They going to totally remove speed channel from my subscription?

stevdock
08-14-2013, 01:19 PM
I talked to Direct TV Monday and they said when the negotiations finalize that my current package would not have FS1 even though I have Speed right now. Don't know if she completely knew what she was talking about but that's what she told me. She changed my package to a more expensive one, but told me I could get a credit for $15/month so my bill actually dropped.

BisonTeacher
08-14-2013, 01:21 PM
I only see speed logo.

roadwarrior
08-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Speed channel is 607 on DirectV. Now when I am on speed channel on my DirectV, the station logo says Speed/FS1. So what's up with that? They going to totally remove speed channel from my subscription?

Speed channel is not going to exist after FS/1 begins from what I understand.

SDbison
08-14-2013, 01:35 PM
I really can't believe fs1 is going to be a premium or package channel........not if one of their goals is to compete with espn.

Bisonator98
08-14-2013, 01:38 PM
We have Dish and from what I've been hearing is if a deal is not reached with FS1 then when 8/17 comes around the Speed channel will be replaced with a chopped version of FS1 programming that will only have motorsports events until the contract for Speed expires. However I think they will eventually have a deal done with FS1 before 8/17 or shortly there after since there will be a big outcry from UFC fans if they can't see the fights Saturday night!

IndyBison
08-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Speed channel is not going to exist after FS/1 begins from what I understand.

Speed is going away and FS1 is launching. Speed isn't changing to FS1 but they are connected.

I really can't believe fs1 is going to be a premium or package channel........not if one of their goals is to compete with espn.

It's probably a situation where the price FS1 is charging cable companies to carry their network is causing the cable companies to put it on their premium or package channels. That may be part of the negotiation with DirectTV. I'm sure FS1 wants to be on the standard cable packages like ESPN but they also want to charge a lot more than they did for Speed. The cable companies either eat the difference or they put it on a paid tier to drive more revenue. I assume they'll eventually get better ad revenue with FS1 than Speed.

Bison15
08-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Anyone heard where Midcontinent is in negotiations? No doubt Midcontinent, which basically covers everywhere in ND except for what is covered by Cablezero should have a lot of pressure to pick it up. (not to mention a lot of customers in MN and SD who want it) I need it to be on there so I can preserve the masterpiece properly.....

Talked to a Midcon rep about FS/1 when I upgraded to Tivo. She said they will be carrying FS/1 when its released.

bisonaudit
08-14-2013, 02:51 PM
We have Dish and from what I've been hearing is if a deal is not reached with FS1 then when 8/17 comes around the Speed channel will be replaced with a chopped version of FS1 programming that will only have motorsports events until the contract for Speed expires. However I think they will eventually have a deal done with FS1 before 8/17 or shortly there after since there will be a big outcry from UFC fans if they can't see the fights Saturday night!

Same story for DirecTV and any other provider who's Speed contract isn't expiring and doesn't have a deal in place for FS1 come 8/17.

BisonTeacher
08-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Same story for DirecTV and any other provider who's Speed contract isn't expiring and doesn't have a deal in place for FS1 come 8/17.

The only date i care about is 8/30.

Not a big ufc fan but if that gets it done...go ufc people!!!

onbison09
08-14-2013, 02:55 PM
I talked to Direct TV Monday and they said when the negotiations finalize that my current package would not have FS1 even though I have Speed right now. Don't know if she completely knew what she was talking about but that's what she told me. She changed my package to a more expensive one, but told me I could get a credit for $15/month so my bill actually dropped.

That really blows if that's the case. I always assumed it was just replacing SPEED

BisonTeacher
08-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Worst case but what are the odds its on first row?

bisonmike2
08-14-2013, 03:08 PM

Could you tell us more about your package? How big is it? Are satisfied with it? Did you have to purchase additional equipment in order for your package to work.:biggrin:

Ok now I'm being serious. Are they making FS1 part of the sports HD add on pack? I think that only runs $5 more a month but I could be wrong. I was really hoping they were going to add this to the general package.

Bison"FANatic"
08-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Just confirmed on Midcon, Fox Sports 1 will just be replacing the speed channel and it will be on the basic digital cable package.

MNLonghorn10
08-14-2013, 03:32 PM
I was gonna say..isn't speed on basic cable anyways for all companies?

GradBison
08-14-2013, 03:54 PM

If it comes down to that the odds would be great.

THEsocalledfan
08-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Just confirmed on Midcon, Fox Sports 1 will just be replacing the speed channel and it will be on the basic digital cable package.

Channel number? In HD?

stevdock
08-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Could you tell us more about your package? How big is it? Are satisfied with it? Did you have to purchase additional equipment in order for your package to work.:biggrin:

Ok now I'm being serious. Are they making FS1 part of the sports HD add on pack? I think that only runs $5 more a month but I could be wrong. I was really hoping they were going to add this to the general package.

She said it would be in the XTRA package and not the Choice package if she was looking up the right channel. Like I said I'm not completely sure about that. I think it's only a couple dollars more per month. Also I don't have any HD TV's so I didn't ask about that.

tcbison
08-14-2013, 04:12 PM

ESPN events are very easy to find and are pretty much always on first row. My experience with the different Fox Sports channels are they are not always on first row. They seem to lock those down more. I'll have to check it when Fox Sports 1 launches.

Bison"FANatic"
08-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Channel number? In HD?

Didn't ask the specific number and I don't remember it from home for sure but it is around 630 for HD don't remember what the non HD is for SPEED. She said it would replace the speed channel and they had just got a memo on it yesterday and she opened it up and read right from it.

Hammerhead
08-14-2013, 04:20 PM
That makes it sound like FS1 will be replacing Fuel on channel 618 which is where I found Crowd Goes Wild when searching for one of the few FS1 shows in the guide. Fuel isn't in the Choice Package but it is in the Extra, Ultimate, and Premiere packages.

She said it would be in the XTRA package and not the Choice package if she was looking up the right channel. Like I said I'm not completely sure about that. I think it's only a couple dollars more per month. Also I don't have any HD TV's so I didn't ask about that.

MAKBison
08-14-2013, 05:02 PM
That makes it sound like FS1 will be replacing Fuel on channel 618 which is where I found Crowd Goes Wild when searching for one of the few FS1 shows in the guide. Fuel isn't in the Choice Package but it is in the Extra, Ultimate, and Premiere packages.

I was told 618 and yes, its $15 more a month, but they gave it to me free for 3 months and adjusted my bill to offset the cost of my nfl package. I just asked them for a credit being I had been a customer for the past 15 years.

SDbison
08-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Seems cable plans on charging more for FS1.........does same go for DirecTV?

MAKBison
08-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Seems cable plans on charging more for FS1.........does same go for DirecTV?

DTV---I have the choice package. The guy said my options were to upgrade or pick up the sports add on @ $15 a month.

tmcats
08-14-2013, 06:31 PM
TWC not likely to carry channel for its launch Saturday, though DirecTV, Dish Network and Cablevision are expected to reach agreements

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/new-fox-sports-1-battles-time-warner-cable-access-article-1.1425993#ixzz2byAxMQT6

JustinTyem
08-14-2013, 06:41 PM
If you have the SPEED AND/OR Fuel channel on ur package,ur good. The problem is these companies(twc,dtv,dish)wont carry those channels on the basic digital package. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone and that's what I was told. So again...... If you have the Speed Channel and/or Fuel ur set already!!!!!

BisonTeacher
08-14-2013, 08:39 PM
If you have the SPEED AND/OR Fuel channel on ur package,ur good. The problem is these companies(twc,dtv,dish)wont carry those channels on the basic digital package. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone and that's what I was told. So again...... If you have the Speed Channel and/or Fuel ur set already!!!!!

I hope youre right.

Speaking of packages. I have the extra package.

Answer Guy
08-14-2013, 08:52 PM
I have the extra package.

Don't care about your package.

Sure don't care about an extra package.

BisonTeacher
08-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Don't care about your package.

Sure don't care about an extra package.

Im being nice today. Consider my non smart aleck response my good deed for the day and your one freebie for the day. :)

SafeTeeJ
08-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Speed channel is offered in basic DTV package. I still don't get it?

Answer Guy
08-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Im being nice today. Consider my non smart aleck response my good deed for the day and your one freebie for the day. :)

Already had my freebie for the day.

Yo Momma says hi.

BisonFan02
08-14-2013, 09:21 PM
I hope youre right.

Speaking of packages. I have the extra package.

We just lost Izzy again.

Hansel
08-15-2013, 12:08 AM
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77033581/

stevdock
08-15-2013, 01:04 AM

From this article and from what I heard earlier and what was put together here, it sounds like FS1 will be the Speed Channel and FS2 will be the Fuel Channel

BisonTeacher
08-15-2013, 01:20 AM

If this is the case we should be able to see fs1 this weekend right?

GradBison
08-15-2013, 02:34 AM
Sounds like Directv took advantage and talked people into upgrading their.. ugh package.

Da_Bizon
08-15-2013, 02:53 AM
I'm not just saying this to defend them, but the problem is that the people that you call at the 800 number usually have absolutely no idea what's going to happen with new channels, etc. They hear the key words "Fox Sports" and assume sports pack. If you have Dish or Directv, I'd recommend waiting until they launch on Saturday to find out what package they are going to be in. Chances are they'll be in the same package as Speed was (Xtra on Directv and Top 200 on Dish).

Side note: I noticed on their Wikipedia page that they are moving the channel number to be closer to ESPN.

JustinTyem
08-15-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm not just saying this to defend them, but the problem is that the people that you call at the 800 number usually have absolutely no idea what's going to happen with new channels, etc. They hear the key words "Fox Sports" and assume sports pack. If you have Dish or Directv, I'd recommend waiting until they launch on Saturday to find out what package they are going to be in. Chances are they'll be in the same package as Speed was (Xtra on Directv and Top 200 on Dish).

Side note: I noticed on their Wikipedia page that they are moving the channel number to be closer to ESPN.I didn't use a 1-800 number. I called my local number and how do I know that it was local,I asked the Rep,Where are you from??? And the answer got was Appleton,Wi.

badger04
08-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Fox Sports Channel on Direct TV
MAVTV will move from DirecTV channel 219 to 214 to make way for Fox Sports 1. FS1 on 219, NBCSN on 220.

bisonaudit
08-15-2013, 01:23 PM
MAVTV will move from DirecTV channel 219 to 214 to make way for Fox Sports 1. FS1 on 219, NBCSN on 220.

What is MAVTV, and who do they have pictures of?

SDbison
08-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Wow, I just called DirecTV and they told me FS1 would be part of the sports package. My current package includes Speed channel, but I don't have the sports package that gives you all the directional fox sports, etc. I asked if I would need to upgrade and the agent said yes. Personally I think they are trying to take advantage of the situation to get people to upgrade when they don't need to. If FS1 is going to compete with the other all sports networks like espn (all the hype for this channel mentioned this) then it needs to be with the basic packages. And the fact they plan to move FS1 to the neighborhood of the other basic sports channels confirms this. Total BS and very unprofessional crap by DirecTV.

SDbison
08-15-2013, 01:54 PM
MAVTV will move from DirecTV channel 219 to 214 to make way for Fox Sports 1. FS1 on 219, NBCSN on 220. Will this move happen in the next couple weeks, or when the channel comes on line this Saturday? Usually direcTV announces moves for at least 2 weeks prior with banners within the channel guide.

BisonTeacher
08-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Wow, I just called DirecTV and they told me FS1 would be part of the sports package. My current package includes Speed channel, but I don't have the sports package that gives you all the directional fox sports, etc. I asked if I would need to upgrade and the agent said yes. Personally I think they are trying to take advantage of the situation to get people to upgrade when they don't need to. If FS1 is going to compete with the other all sports networks like espn (all the hype for this channel mentioned this) then it needs to be with the basic packages. And the fact they plan to move FS1 to the neighborhood of the other basic sports channels confirms this. Total BS and very unprofessional crap by DirecTV.

I would wait until saturday and sees if it shows up. I have the extra package as well. No sense rushing into paying for sports pack if you don't need it. Also...its been stated on here many times that the people you call at directv often dont know what they are talking about and just want the commission. I plan on waiting until before gameday. then call and complain.

AmberValley
08-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Fox Sports 1 strikes deals with DirecTV, Dish Network

FARGO – Fox Sports 1, which is broadcasting the North Dakota State football team’s season opener later this month, will be available to satellite subscribers in Fargo-Moorhead.

Fox Sports 1 struck agreements with DirecTV and Dish Network, according to the Los Angeles Times. The network, which is replacing the Speed channel, launches on Saturday.

Cable One and Mid-Continent subscribers who already get the Speed channel will get Fox Sports 1.

The Bison open their season at Kansas State at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 30 on the network.

SlickVic
08-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Perfect 4 u SD...right next to the home of hockey some unkown network right beetween the info mercial channels...I swear if the marketers that may or may not exist at the nhl level had film footage of the one and only recreational league game I seen you participate in at sioux falls the sport of hocke y would have a multi year multi billion dollar contract with all the major networks...and im not joking I was that entertained...SD all jag bombed up tryn to skate and kill somebody at the same time on ice thats what TVs were made for

onbison09
08-15-2013, 09:59 PM
The channel finder is here http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsports1#. If you have speed, you should have it.

BisonTeacher
08-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Just posted this in the other thread too. Fs1 is now broadcasting in directv channel 219. My son was nice enough to wake me up to see it