PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the 2:30 starts?

tony
07-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Jeff Kolpack's take: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/406324/group/Sports/

(http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/406324/group/Sports/)Summary: It's about TV.

I kind of hope they stick with it and make 2:30 Saturday a part of the Fall calendar so everybody in the state and region knows when to look for NDSU on TV. Kind of like the Vikings at noon Sunday was when I was a kid.

I suppose that they can't put Homecoming at 2:30 because of other Homecoming activities (Bidders Bowl?)

NorthernBison
07-17-2013, 12:27 PM
2:30 starts are PERFECT for me. They are also very good timing for a Saturday afternoon in terms of exposure. Just late enough without being too late in the day.

I can leave home between 6:00 and 6:30 and be at the Fargodome by 9:30. Can still hang around after the game and even pick up a few things at Fleet Farm before heading home and still get home at a decent hour.

MNLonghorn10
07-17-2013, 12:36 PM
I like when I can be home by 7 and watch the national game(s)

TransAmBison
07-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Always been a fan of the 6 pm game. Not really a fan of any other time.

Trumpster
07-17-2013, 01:24 PM
I prefer the 6:00 start. When it's an earlier there's a downtime between the end of the game and going out to bars. After getting 4 hours of sleep between Friday night and getting in line Saturday for tailgating the downtime can be killer for my night.

BadlandsBison
07-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Like it. Early afternoon is perfect for me after some day drinking at tailgating. Like longhorn said, we can still catch some good games that evening at Labby's or Turf

IzzyFlexion
07-17-2013, 01:30 PM
No matter the start time..... some of those Bismarckians/Jamestownites, etc better start sticking around for some downtown Fargo shenanigans (I'm looking at you, Kevin).
oh.......and Rochesteronians.

THEsocalledfan
07-17-2013, 02:43 PM
I like afternoon starts much better. I would rather be drinking beer in the morning/early afternoon, as you have time to cleanse the system and not have a headache on Sunday.

BisonAccountant44
07-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I like the afternoon start times too. I can leave here at a decent time in the morning and still get in a couple hours of tailgate before the game and be back to the cities early if I need to be too.

How has nobody brought up the NDSU and FSN having constant discussions remark yet?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BisonNation11
07-17-2013, 04:33 PM
I like the afternoon start times too. I can leave here at a decent time in the morning and still get in a couple hours of tailgate before the game and be back to the cities early if I need to be too.

How has nobody brought up the NDSU and FSN having constant discussions remark yet?

We were waiting for Gabe...

THEsocalledfan
07-17-2013, 04:35 PM

Oh, I noticed, but no reason to count chickens before they hatch and I have trouble believing it will happen. If it does happen, I think we need to formally organize some kind of nice Thank You Jeremy J. for reading Bisonville and doing what we tell him to!

SDbison
07-17-2013, 06:12 PM
No matter the start time..... some of those Bismarckians/Jamestownites, etc better start sticking around for some downtown Fargo shenanigans (I'm looking at you, Kevin).
oh.......and Rochesteronians. Where we headed to Izzy (I have some ideas)? The Jamestown folk always have to head home. Boring!

runtheoption
07-17-2013, 06:13 PM
How has nobody brought up the NDSU and FSN having constant discussions remark yet? I think now is a good time to announce that NDSU and FSN have been discussing stuff.

SDbison
07-17-2013, 06:14 PM

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2 It's about time..............

HerdBot
07-17-2013, 06:21 PM
I honestly dont care and I want whats best for NDSU. But if I have to chime in... consider I look at it from a tailgate perspective and I spend the maximum time. Also I live in Fargo so transportation time is irrelevant.also I'm a night guy and prefer to stay up late

230 is alright. 9 am tailgate is good as I can have a late breakfast on the grill and a late lunch before the game starts and plenty of beverages in between. Nice and sunny but sometimes chilly in the morning

4 pm... get to sleep in but its kind of late for breakfast at the tailgating lot. Warmer weather as the sun peaks around 3

I hate the homecoming start time. Always have. This year it will be easier with reserved spots. Fuck last year I got in line at like 6;30 am and woke up at 5am! I'm never up that early

6 pm or later have a prime time feel to them but late start times usually happen in the playoffs anyway.

TV? Everyone here knows my thoughts on FSN North. Could they simulcast?

THEsocalledfan
07-17-2013, 06:26 PM
TV? Everyone here knows my thoughts on FSN North. Could they simulcast?

With the penetration of FSN North, I see no need for statewide NBC as it will already be statewide. Hell, it will be region wide!

HerdBot
07-17-2013, 06:47 PM
With the penetration of FSN North, I see no need for statewide NBC as it will already be statewide. Hell, it will be region wide!

But don't we have an agreement with kvly?

THEsocalledfan
07-17-2013, 06:53 PM
But don't we have an agreement with kvly?

screw em! horrible commentators and cameras and everything else about them.... http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/190/614/JoshuaSacco_display_image.jpg?1270509346

BlueBisonRock
07-17-2013, 07:49 PM

2:30 saves that crew a Saturday night hotel bill. Still have the Friday night bill.

56BISON73
07-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Always been a fan of the 6 pm game. Not really a fan of any other time.

Im with you. Even a 4:30 start time is better than 2.

BisonJD
07-17-2013, 07:59 PM
2:30 saves that crew a Saturday night hotel bill. Still have the Friday night bill.

Most of us consider ourselves to be party savants and drinking prodigies...I know RTO falls into this group. The attached provides more appropriate (and hilarious) guidlines for the Post-Grads looking forward to a college football weekend and fits nicely into this dicussion.

http://postgradproblems.com/the-post...llege-weekend/

Bisonator98
07-17-2013, 08:03 PM

This would be awesome! Get the games and CB show on through a lot of our recruiting area!

344Johnson
07-17-2013, 08:07 PM

Local youth vernacular prefers the term "Townies," meaning anyone who chooses to live in Jamestown.

Tatanka
07-17-2013, 08:13 PM
With the penetration of FSN North, I see no need for statewide NBC as it will already be statewide. Hell, it will be region wide!http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aoltv.com/media/2011/12/beavis.and.butt-head.111201.jpg

runtheoption
07-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Most of us consider ourselves to be party savants and drinking prodigies...I know RTO falls into this group. The attached provides more appropriate (and hilarious) guidlines for the Post-Grads looking forward to a college football weekend and fits nicely into this dicussion.

http://postgradproblems.com/the-post...llege-weekend/ I always considered myself more of an idiot savant, but whatever, this works too. This link might work better: http://postgradproblems.com/the-post-grad-college-weekend/

HerdBot
07-17-2013, 09:07 PM
screw em! horrible commentators and cameras and everything else about them.... http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/190/614/JoshuaSacco_display_image.jpg?1270509346

I think they are employed by ndsu and we are in HD this year too. Would probably be the guys on FSN North if I had to guess

But I think we did a 2 year contract so anything on fsn would probably be simulcast like ESPN3 or Fox College Sports regular season

If something happens probably next year or maybe something with the Craig Bohl Show?

tony
07-17-2013, 09:19 PM

Simulcast would be awesome. Given a choice, even though I wouldn't get to see it, I'd rather have the games on statewide, network TV because then they will be on the same time, same channel almost every week. Fox North - who the hell knows if they'll come into a game in progress, leave early, or demand odd start times?

BTW, I just checked Comcast and here's a couple of NDSU rebroadcasts that are coming up:

FCS-A: Friday 7/19 9pm EST: NDSU v SIU
FCS-A: Saturday 7/20 Midnight EST: NDSU v SDSU
ESPNU: Monday 7/29 9pm EST: NDSU v Sam Houston State

BisonFan02
07-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Simulcast would be awesome. Given a choice, even though I wouldn't get to see it, I'd rather have the games on statewide, network TV because then they will be on the same time, same channel almost every week. Fox North - who the hell knows if they'll come into a game in progress, leave early, or demand odd start times?

BTW, I just checked Comcast and here's a couple of NDSU rebroadcasts that are coming up:

FCS-A: Friday 7/19 9pm EST: NDSU v SIU
FCS-A: Saturday 7/20 Midnight EST: NDSU v SDSU
ESPNU: Monday 7/29 9pm EST: NDSU v Sam Houston State

Sweet. Just in time for me to get the natty on my new DVR...the full game too hopefully.

SamsRams
07-17-2013, 10:01 PM
These times are great for me in Vegas. It is early enough that I have received a commitment from LVH to host a watch party for every game in their nicest lounge called Tempo Lounge. Very exciting and more details to come. So dont worry about ESPN 3, the games will be on at least one 55 inch plasma and more TV's will be rolled in if the demand is there.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
07-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Afternoon games?

Too bad we play inside. I hate going inside in Sept. and October.

westnodak93bison
07-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Afternoon games?

Too bad we play inside. I hate going inside in Sept. and October.

We need to expand the dome and make it a retractable roof.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tony
07-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Just an FYI: If you didn't know, FCS-A stands for Fox College Sports - Atlantic. There's also a Fox College Sports - Pacific and Fox College Sports - Central. Not sure which cable/satellite companies have those channels but Time Warner and Comcast do.

So this Friday, FCS-A is running two Bison games back-to-back (which is only fitting.) ESPNU should have done the same :)

IzzyFlexion
07-17-2013, 11:25 PM

I was under the assumption that they would take turns spooning with me at my southside stabbin' cabin ALL Saturday night.

BisonTeacher
07-18-2013, 12:52 AM
I would rather tailgate in the morning.

gumby013
07-18-2013, 12:54 AM
It doesn't matter what time the game is if you start tailgating on Thursday.

IndyBison
07-18-2013, 01:49 AM

Same for the officials. They have to pay for their own hotel in their game check so a 2:30 start gives them a good chance to fly out that night.

MNLonghorn10
07-18-2013, 02:22 AM
It doesn't matter what time the game is if you start tailgating on Thursday.
This is the correct answer to everything

NDSUstudent
07-18-2013, 03:28 AM
It is about as early as a prefer....6 p.m. is my favorite starting time.

westnodak93bison
07-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Same for the officials. They have to pay for their own hotel in their game check so a 2:30 start gives them a good chance to fly out that night.

I think the zebras enjoy the Fargo night life. The crew that officiated the Wofford game said they really enjoyed Fargo.

1998braves64
07-18-2013, 04:00 AM
I think the zebras enjoy the Fargo night life. The crew that officiated the Wofford game said they really enjoyed Fargo.

Oh like they're going to diss Fargo to a Bison fan... then what everyone will be on here claiming the refs are biased against NDSU because they didn't like Fargo! :D

I like 1-2:30 starts since it allows me to come to town bring the wife and kid(s will be kids this year now that we have #2) and not have to worry about getting home at some late hour past the kid's bedtime (and my wife's! :) and still watch some of the national games in the evening.

CHADSTAUS
07-18-2013, 04:12 AM
Whatever. morning, afternoon or night. We're there.

IndyBison
07-18-2013, 05:32 AM

The guys I talk to have enjoyed it. But given the option they would rather head home Saturday evening.

A1pigskin
07-20-2013, 01:53 AM
I think this is a good idea for those that live out of town. However, I am not sure if most farmers will leave for such an early game or at least until harvest is over.

ThunderDan
07-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Students will need a new excuse to leave at halftime. I'm sure they will come up with one.

HerdBot
07-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Students will need a new excuse to leave at halftime. I'm sure they will come up with one.

42-0 at half time is a valid excuse

sambini
07-21-2013, 03:19 AM
Whatever. morning, afternoon or night. We're there. I agree no matter what time were there...

BisonEngrGirl
07-21-2013, 06:43 AM
I personally like later games because I want to get in the full tailgating experience and I don't like getting up early (yes 8am is early for me on a weekend). But it's nice to be able to have longer to celebrate a Bison victory!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

westnodak93bison
07-21-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm ok with 2:30 starts only for TV reasons. I really like the night games. Better tailgating, hit the game then close down the bar.

GOBISON123
07-21-2013, 04:22 PM
When we win, we will have a lot of time to celebrate, Saturday evening, night and all day Sunday. If we dont, then the whole town will be gloomy and look deserted. I still remember the felling and expression on everybody's face in Bison Turf when Bison played against Indiana Sycamores it was terrible. So 2:30 can go both ways.

Tatanka
07-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Section 20 approves, but only after it was explained to them that they would be home after the game in time to catch Matlock.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

BisonEngrGirl
07-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Section 20 approves, but only after it was explained to them that they would be home after the game in time to catch Matlock.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Bison"FANatic"
07-24-2013, 02:03 PM

If you are going to give us section 20ers crap at least have enough respect to get it right.

Its Murder she wrote not Matlock.:):)

Rockbear99
07-24-2013, 02:15 PM
If you are going to give us section 20ers crap at least have enough respect to get it right.

Its Murder she wrote not Matlock.:):)
Matlock comes on after Murder She Wrote so you will have to stay up a little later buddy

BisonFan02
07-24-2013, 02:46 PM

Section 6 is amused. :D