PDA

View Full Version : home or away after bye week?

bisonaudit
07-11-2013, 05:10 PM
I happened to notice that in the Big South every team is playing a home game out of their bye week this season. Any thoughts on if that just some random thing or if teams may have a preference for playing home or away after a week off?

imabison
07-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I happened to notice that in the Big South every team is playing a home game out of their bye week this season. Any thoughts on if that just some random thing or if teams may have a preference for playing home or away after a week off?

Bison do not even need to consider such nonsense.

The Bison need to play with the same intensity and drive whether it is at home or away....

DePereBisonFan
07-11-2013, 08:26 PM

No idea. Valid question.

I looked back at Bison schedules through 2004. 3 of the 10 games after bye weeks were away games. 7 of the 10 were home games. That does not suggest a strong preference either way by Gene Taylor, et al.

To imabison's point, we did win all three away games (@ Minnesota '11, @ ISU Blue '09 and @ Nicholls State '04).

bisonaudit
07-12-2013, 07:12 PM
57% of FCS games coming out of a bye this season will be road games, 41% home, 2% neutral site.
50% of FCS games this season will be road games, 48% home, 2% neutral site.