PDA

View Full Version : Missing e-mails

tjbison
06-23-2013, 04:47 PM
fat rob (the most perfect person on the planet) is reporting they are looking into Bresciani for criminal charge stemming from destroying records, not going to link his crap so anyone else hear about this?

Bison bison
06-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Good luck to the black helicopter crowd proving intent.

Apparently state law needs to be changed so that all public employee emails are immediately available to all...(saving all emails clearly isn't enough!)

GCWaters
06-24-2013, 02:08 AM
Unless something's changed, deleting your emails doesn't delete them from NDSU's server or from ITS' backups...open records searches are from the servers, not anyone's PC.......

Tatanka
06-24-2013, 02:57 AM
Unless something's changed, deleting your emails doesn't delete them from NDSU's server or from ITS' backups...open records searches are from the servers, not anyone's PC.......yyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuup

NDSUstudent
06-24-2013, 03:13 AM
Problem is Robba the Port will never grasp what GCwaters just wrote, the tinfoil hat blocks all logic and reason.

Bison Dan
06-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Unless something's changed, deleting your emails doesn't delete them from NDSU's server or from ITS' backups...open records searches are from the servers, not anyone's PC.......Exactly right - once they're created It would be very hard to actually delete them from the system. Both email systems are setup for journaling (exact copy of the mail store) and then backed up. Just deleting them from your email program only gets them off your system. Now if he tried to have the IT dept delete them then we're talking about something else. I find it hard to believe he'd be that stupid.

Tatanka
06-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Exactly right - once they're created It would be very hard to actually delete them from the system. Both email systems are setup for journaling (exact copy of the mail store) and then backed up. Just deleting them from your email program only gets them off your system. Now if he tried to have the IT dept delete them then we're talking about something else. I find it hard to believe he'd be that stupid.Precisely. As a public entity with retention periods and public record expectations clearly defined, the NDUS would have retention rules set up at the server level. Assuming those are properly set and in place, nothing Bresciani (or any other non-server-admin employee) can do on their side will cause information not to be retained. I also find it hard to believe that Bresciani and the admins at the NDUS would willfully and purposefully conspire to destroy public records.

I also love how the request to the AG was made by "a lawmaker" who as of yet has chosen not to reveal their identity. Why hide if your cause is righteous? It's just awesome that there is a lack of transparency regarding an investigation into an accusation of a lack of transparency.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/220/5/e/xzibit_yo_dawg_render_by_kernelpanicx-d5aa710.png

matt
06-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Unless something's changed, deleting your emails doesn't delete them from NDSU's server or from ITS' backups...open records searches are from the servers, not anyone's PC.......

Currently, NDSU and UND do not run their own email systems anymore (both Universities are using Microsoft Office 365 for email, I don't know the status of the other schools) and both are likely to have similar email policies due to consolidation of IT services by NDUS. The last email retention policy I have seen at UND states that IT backups of email are not for archival purposes and are deleted after 15 days. I could not find NDSU's policy on email retention but UND's is here; http://und.edu/general-counsel/records-management/_files/docs/email-policy-record.pdf. According to the UND policy the sender of the email is the 'Office of Record' for emails regarding official business, unless the sender is not a university system employee, then the recipient is the "Office of Record"

Tatanka
06-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Currently, NDSU and UND do not run their own email systems anymore (both Universities are using Microsoft Office 365 for email, I don't know the status of the other schools) and both are likely to have similar email policies due to consolidation of IT services by NDUS. The last email retention policy I have seen at UND states that IT backups of email are not for archival purposes and are deleted after 15 days. I could not find NDSU's policy on email retention but UND's is here; http://und.edu/general-counsel/records-management/_files/docs/email-policy-record.pdf. According to the UND policy the sender of the email is the 'Office of Record' for emails regarding official business, unless the sender is not a university system employee, then the recipient is the "Office of Record"Correct, neither NDSU nor uN_ have their own email systems, but O365 is a recent thing and I'm sure doesn't cover the period in question. I'm actually pretty shocked that the retention policy has a discretionary look and feel to it and that the system admins basically washed their hands of maintaining the information. That wouldn't fly with many of the businesses I've seen. Interesting. Thanks for digging this up.

matt
06-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Correct, neither NDSU nor uN_ have their own email systems, but O365 is a recent thing and I'm sure doesn't cover the period in question. I'm actually pretty shocked that the retention policy has a discretionary look and feel to it and that the system admins basically washed their hands of maintaining the information. That wouldn't fly with many of the businesses I've seen. Interesting. Thanks for digging this up.

Prior to the Office 365, we were using Microsoft's BPOS system, UND has not run its own email since sometime in 2011 (maybe even sometime 2010, I don' t recall when we switched from the UND maintained system), and I am pretty sure NDSU followed the same path.

GradBison
06-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Prior to the Office 365, we were using Microsoft's BPOS system, UND has not run its own email since sometime in 2011 (maybe even sometime 2010, I don' t recall when we switched from the UND maintained system), and I am pretty sure NDSU followed the same path.

You are correct sir, same path and similar timeline.

Tatanka
06-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Prior to the Office 365, we were using Microsoft's BPOS system, UND has not run its own email since sometime in 2011 (maybe even sometime 2010, I don' t recall when we switched from the UND maintained system), and I am pretty sure NDSU followed the same path.Pretty close from what I understand. And my condolences on having to manage BPOS. :) BPOS -> O365 not as easy of a transition as it should have been for you guys.

Jonesy
06-24-2013, 04:29 PM
I also love how the request to the AG was made by "a lawmaker" who as of yet has chosen not to reveal their identity. Why hide if your cause is righteous? It's just awesome that there is a lack of transparency regarding an investigation into an accusation of a lack of transparency.

obvious skarphol is obvious

WYOBISONMAN
06-24-2013, 09:18 PM
obvious skarphol is obvious

I was thinking either him or Carlson.......

bisonpride4ever
06-24-2013, 10:00 PM
And another witch hunt begins:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/404107/

VanClubPres
06-25-2013, 06:14 PM
At least Joe Chapman just overbuilt buildings...

roadwarrior
06-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Some new info:

North Dakota State University President Dean Bresciani said a preliminary investigation into allegations that more than 45,000 emails were deleted from his inbox has found “troubling” news: North Dakota University System computer accounts “compromised” his email account several times this year without his knowledge.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/404225/

tony
06-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Some new info:
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/404225/

Holy carp.

"Bresciani wrote the investigation also found that his account had been “compromised” on several days during this timeframe now in question by computer accounts controlled by the NDUS office."

If somebody gets charged with a felony, I bet that it's not going to be President Bresciani.

344Johnson
06-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Email to students:

Dear Campus Community-
As many of you know, it has recently been suggested that I deleted some 45,000 emails, ostensibly to avoid a public records request regarding former Chancellor Hamid Shirvani. I initially chose to not dignify the assertion hoping that my reputation for integrity or at least a recognition of some intelligence would render the assertion ridiculous. I also assumed that the gross impracticality of me deleting 45,000 emails, if in fact our email system would even allow doing so, would speak for itself.
More specifically, I assumed that the notion of one person deleting 45,000 emails in a single day (I’ll add that it was a day I was in scheduled public meetings from 8am until late evening) would in itself sound suspect. Even more interestingly, that would be an aside to the 900 pages of emails which I did turn over in response to the public records request; that I had 45,000 more emails on the same topic seemed far-fetched.
As soon as we became aware of the matter, NDSU staff vigorously pursued an explanation. What they learned was that a North Dakota University System staff member (who has remained nameless), several weeks ago notified an individual state legislator (who has remained nameless), that the emails had been deleted from my account at roughly the same time as the public records request. The legislator subsequently made an inquiry to legislative council regarding the alleged deletions.
In fact, NDSU has not yet been able to verify that emails were deleted. If they were deleted, it also remains unclear when it occurred. An email from system staff indicates that emails were deleted before the public records request was received. On June 17, System IT Vice Chancellor Randall Thursday, in an email to System General Counsel Claire Holloway and legislative council, states that emails were deleted in the two weeks before the public records request.
Why the System staff member reported the situation to an individual legislator rather than through administrative channels remains in question. Why someone ultimately leaked the alleged findings to media and blog sites also remains in question.
So far, we have discovered two important factors:
1) In April, System IT staff enabled a new feature, which on a periodic basis, automatically purges emails from the trash folder. It is possible, particularly given the quantity of emails I have received since coming to NDSU three years ago, that my email was in fact purged of some segment of my email trash folder. NDSU is working in collaboration with Microsoft to look in to that possibility.

2) In a troubling turn of events, NDSU’s forensic evaluation of my email also revealed that it has been compromised, on a range of dates during the time frame under study, by a variety of computer accounts controlled by the North Dakota University System office without notification to me or anyone at NDSU. It is my understanding that these staff have full access and control of my email account. You can imagine my chagrin at the discovery.
The short version is simply that I cannot imagine a means much less a motivation for me to selectively delete 45,000 emails, particularly to avoid a public records request to which I provided more than 900 pages of email responses. Worse yet, I’ve learned that during the period in question my email was being routinely comprised by staff in the System office.
My sincere hope is that the explanation will rest with the systemic Microsoft purge. That would only leave me disappointed in the behavior of those involved with the ancillary factors. If, however, something more personally directed and malicious took place, I’ll admit to feeling far more than just disappointed.
If there is an upside to the above, it is worth noting that the above took place during a less than commendable period for the System office. I say that not to criticize, but to compliment the new period now being ushered in by the State Board of Higher Education in full collaboration with campus presidents. I believe that we are all committed to a new respect-based approach to advancing our System; a System in which nothing like this will ever be repeated. In light of that I will chose to dismiss the above, regardless of the details, as an unfortunate artifact of the past. I’ll encourage you to join me in doing so as we move on to the exciting and very promising future ahead for our System and for NDSU.

CAS4127
06-25-2013, 07:23 PM
As is often said, be careful what you ask for!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonmike2
06-25-2013, 07:52 PM
What no Breaking News header from the forum? I'm a little disappointed. They do have a nice graphic though.

And honestly, as someone stated earlier, there's no way he would be able to completely purge 45K emails from his inbox by himself. This isn't a CSI: Miami and there isn't a secret key code he can punch in to self destruct his inbox. There are backups of all this and probably backups of backups. Digital fingerprints are much greasier than real ones so if someone thought they were getting away with something, I can almost certainly guarantee they will not.

What would be funny if after an investigation they found that Portly Rob was trying to hack into Brescani's email.

BadlandsBison
06-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Does it seem to anyone else like someone was spying and/or trying to make President B. look bad? Or is that a general assumption...

perthbison
06-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Does it seem to anyone else like someone was spying and/or trying to make President B. look bad? Or is that a general assumption...It kinda smells that way. Hopefully the fact come out.

bisonmike2
06-25-2013, 09:10 PM
It kinda smells that way. Hopefully the fact come out.

Thinking the same thing. My theory, some "lawmaker" or fat "journalist" with more time than brains is sifting around and sending bs freedom of information act request in. Then one time they get a response back that says "sorry that's been deleted". They ask a couple other questions and they find out that 45,000 emails have been deleted. Now this is most likely part of a system purge or administrators doing periodic maintenance but to the feeble minded with absolutely no comprehension about how large and complex informational database work, they instantly go to the "this has to be corruption!" card. They then send this info to the Forum and the Forum runs with it. Front page and all and then they reach out to Brescani for a comment.

EightyfourBison
06-25-2013, 09:11 PM
What no Breaking News header from the forum? I'm a little disappointed. They do have a nice graphic though.

And honestly, as someone stated earlier, there's no way he would be able to completely purge 45K emails from his inbox by himself. This isn't a CSI: Miami and there isn't a secret key code he can punch in to self destruct his inbox. There are backups of all this and probably backups of backups. Digital fingerprints are much greasier than real ones so if someone thought they were getting away with something, I can almost certainly guarantee they will not.

What would be funny if after an investigation they found that Portly Rob was trying to hack into Brescani's email.

Probably involves a little more intelligence than available.

TransAmBison
06-25-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm going to wait for the police dash cam and downtown video to show up on youtube before I make a decision.

KSBisonFan
06-25-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm pretty sure all the emails originated in Nigeria and TABS was supposed to be 'handling' them for Bresciani but as usual, he was too busy posting worthless info on BV.
Either that or they were all emails Gabe sent and Bresciani just deleted them without reading them......

HerdBot
06-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Fat Rob Kleinsasser must have been made fun of as a child or rejected from NDSU because he strikes me as one of those man hating ugly chicks

https://ma.twimg.com/profile_images/3065200599/95706fc0773c02b30e10d8b4d35dd36c.jpeg
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/32/325930m.jpg

MAKBison
06-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Precisely. As a public entity with retention periods and public record expectations clearly defined, the NDUS would have retention rules set up at the server level. Assuming those are properly set and in place, nothing Bresciani (or any other non-server-admin employee) can do on their side will cause information not to be retained. I also find it hard to believe that Bresciani and the admins at the NDUS would willfully and purposefully conspire to destroy public records.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/220/5/e/xzibit_yo_dawg_render_by_kernelpanicx-d5aa710.png

This^^^^^^^^^ if you are going to dig attach your name to it and own it

MAKBison
06-26-2013, 01:01 AM
Thinking the same thing. My theory, some "lawmaker" or fat "journalist" with more time than brains is sifting around and sending bs freedom of information act request in. Then one time they get a response back that says "sorry that's been deleted". They ask a couple other questions and they find out that 45,000 emails have been deleted. Now this is most likely part of a system purge or administrators doing periodic maintenance but to the feeble minded with absolutely no comprehension about how large and complex informational database work, they instantly go to the "this has to be corruption!" card. They then send this info to the Forum and the Forum runs with it. Front page and all and then they reach out to Brescani for a comment.

I love DB quote about having the time to delete 45 thousand letters let alone have that many concerning the topic.....just idiotic!

perthbison
06-26-2013, 01:28 AM
Fat Rob Kleinsasser must have been made fun of as a child or rejected from NDSU because he strikes me as one of those man hating ugly chicks

https://ma.twimg.com/profile_images/3065200599/95706fc0773c02b30e10d8b4d35dd36c.jpeg
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/32/325930m.jpgThere aren't many similarities between Klinesasser and porterhouse.

TbonZach
06-26-2013, 01:32 AM

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/32/325930m.jpg

Making that comparison is an insult to Jim Kleinsasser.

Bison bison
06-26-2013, 01:54 AM
making that comparison is an insult to comparisons!

1998braves64
06-26-2013, 04:16 AM
I thought I read somewhere that the 45,000+ "deleted" emails were in the original submission to the open records request... My first thought I have a hard enough time deleting 100 emails in an hour... Someone with as much free time as Bresciani should only take him what 5-6 months to make a dent in that 45,000 figure. Unless he had a code written that any open records request started an automatic dump of said emails?? (as mentioned CSI like...)
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

imabison
06-26-2013, 05:32 AM
I thought I read somewhere that the 45,000+ "deleted" emails were in the original submission to the open records request... My first thought I have a hard enough time deleting 100 emails in an hour... Someone with as much free time as Bresciani should only take him what 5-6 months to make a dent in that 45,000 figure. Unless he had a code written that any open records request started an automatic dump of said emails?? (as mentioned CSI like...)
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Yah 45000 is a huge number. Perhaps that is EVERYTHING deleted from the University System Statewide during the time in question??

HerdBot
06-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Making that comparison is an insult to Jim Kleinsasser.

I don't like Jim Kleinsasser either so I will glady insult him. Add 150 lbs of fat to Kleinsasser and you have Port

KSBisonFan
06-26-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't like Jim Kleinsasser either so I will glady insult him. Add 150 lbs of fat to Kleinsasser and you have Port

This is the type of stuff all the skinny people were dying for when they PM'd you begging you to come back on here....

loudsilverado
06-26-2013, 01:35 PM
How the hell do you even have 45,000 emails, yet have the time to delete them? Lots of porn spam type emails or Nigerian scams?

tony
06-26-2013, 01:57 PM
The State Board of Higher Education:

"Hey, you violated open meeting laws." "Well, we had our lawyer, who we hired after firing the last one for pointing out that we were violating open meeting laws, investigate. She didn't find anything wrong."

The University System offices:

"Hey, you were accessing President Bresciani's email account without his knowledge or approval. What's up with that?" "We'll have our IT guys look into that since, you know, either they were the ones who accessed his account or they were so incompetent with their security protocols that somebody else was able to get into his account. I'm pretty sure that they're going to find out that the NDSU guys don't know what they're talking about."

If the administrative level of higher ed in North Dakota ran the IRS, they'd have everybody do self-audits.

Is the Legislative Council subject to open records laws - if so, I guess we all know where Forum Comm's commitment to the truth ends: It's right at the point where they find there is no dirt on NDSU. Otherwise, we'd know who the Legislator in question is - you know, the one who might be involved in a hacking scandal.

Tatanka
06-26-2013, 02:13 PM
The State Board of Higher Education:

"Hey, you violated open meeting laws." "Well, we had our lawyer, who we hired after firing the last one for pointing out that we were violating open meeting laws, investigate. She didn't find anything wrong."

The University System offices:

"Hey, you were accessing President Bresciani's email account without his knowledge or approval. What's up with that?" "We'll have our IT guys look into that since, you know, either they were the ones who accessed his account or they were so incompetent with their security protocols that somebody else was able to get into his account. I'm pretty sure that they're going to find out that the NDSU guys don't know what they're talking about."

If the administrative level of higher ed in North Dakota ran the IRS, they'd have everybody do self-audits.

Is the Legislative Council subject to open records laws - if so, I guess we all know where Forum Comm's commitment to the truth ends: It's right at the point where they find there is no dirt on NDSU. Otherwise, we'd know who the Legislator in question is - you know, the one who might be involved in a hacking scandal.

As we learned when Hot Carl was making it rain with Open Records requests from everyone Higher Ed regarding the uN_nickname fiasco, he did so with full knowledge that communication to/from legislators are exempt from said Open Records laws. An interesting double standard, indeed. It takes a high-achieving asshat to be able to smile while said double standard is being applied. Hot Carl is nothing if not high-achieving*.

Now I have to wash, as I believe I have just defended the Forum.

*-in the ways of being an asshat

tony
06-26-2013, 02:16 PM
As we learned when Hot Carl was making it rain with Open Records requests from everyone Higher Ed regarding the uN_nickname fiasco, he did so with full knowledge that communication to/from legislators are exempt from said Open Records laws. An interesting double standard, indeed. It takes a high-achieving asshat to be able to smile while said double standard is being applied. Hot Carl is nothing if not high-achieving*.

The Legislative Council aren't legislators though.

Edit: I looked it up, they serve the Legislature so they probably are exempt.

Tatanka
06-26-2013, 02:24 PM
The Legislative Council aren't legislators though.

Edit: I looked it up, they serve the Legislature so they probably are exempt.Even if they aren't, the email from the unnamed chicken shit douchebag legislator would be.

Bison bison
06-26-2013, 02:33 PM

The solution is to cc a legislator on every email.

Bison Dan
06-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Remember this spring a member of the NDUS IT staff blew the whistle on Shirvani about trying to make UND and NDSU look bad. Then the Head of IT for NDUS quit about a month later. Seems like Shirvani was using the IT staff as his own Gestapo. Who knows where this will go. Maybe some legislator gave Shirvani the go ahead?

bisonmike2
06-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Yah 45000 is a huge number. Perhaps that is EVERYTHING deleted from the University System Statewide during the time in question??

45,000 is alot but I have 12,300 in my work account right now and I'm not nearly as important as Bruscani. I'm sure he's cc'd on so much bullshit it would make my head explode. If I didn't have my system alerts automatically cleaned out from my inbox I could probably hit 50,000 in under a year.

duluthbison
06-27-2013, 01:35 AM
Remember this spring a member of the NDUS IT staff blew the whistle on Shirvani about trying to make UND and NDSU look bad. Then the Head of IT for NDUS quit about a month later. Seems like Shirvani was using the IT staff as his own Gestapo. Who knows where this will go. Maybe some legislator gave Shirvani the go ahead?

When I worked for the NDSU IT Department while going to school, it was pretty well known that Randall Thursby was due to retire any time.

perthbison
06-27-2013, 02:41 AM
obvious skarphol is obviousDon't overlook our friend, "Seneor" Fox out of minot. He's likely to be grinding axes for awhile.

DjKyRo
06-27-2013, 08:15 AM
45,000 is alot but I have 12,300 in my work account right now and I'm not nearly as important as Bruscani. I'm sure he's cc'd on so much bullshit it would make my head explode. If I didn't have my system alerts automatically cleaned out from my inbox I could probably hit 50,000 in under a year.

I have over 9,000 emails in my account currently.

TbonZach
06-28-2013, 02:09 AM
I guess I'm not as important as some of you big-shots. I have, maybe, 20 e-mails in my account(s).

tjbison
06-28-2013, 02:48 AM
beings it's an email inbox dick measuring contest I currently have 13,659 not counting the trash if that's included I'm at around 19k give or take.

I figure if I was going to mass delete them it would probably take 2 days, and to go 1 by 1....I can't imagine

tony
06-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Every once in a while, the hosting service I use for Bisonville.com sends me a notice like this:

This e-mail is from the pair Networks Customer Service Department, writing in regards to an issue with your mailbox, <bisonville account>. We recently discovered the box to be over 8.2GB in size, and the excessive size of the mailbox is causing server problems.

We have moved the mailbox and its contents to your home directory in a file called "mbox.20130517" You can retrieve it from there as an e-mail folder, or download it to your local computer and open it with an e-mail reader.

8.2 GB of spam - I never use those accounts.

bisonmike2
06-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Every once in a while, the hosting service I use for Bisonville.com sends me a notice like this:

8.2 GB of spam - I never use those accounts.

That is a lot of penis enlargement drug emails.

tony
06-28-2013, 05:23 PM
That is a lot of penis enlargement drug emails.

Well, I guess I better download it then.

Hammersmith
07-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Looks like the story is about over. Only thing left will be Stenehjem's final decision on the matter. It's starting to appear that DB was a bit lazy in his Outlook practices. Somewhere along the line he must have been told or realized on his own that his Outlook trash bin was set to never purge. So he just dumped everything into it. Which worked until Microsoft changed the purge settings as part of a system-wide update and it overrode DB's own trash bin settings. Goodbye 45,000 saved emails, hello accidental open records violation. On the negative side, this has to be a touch embarrassing for DB. On the positive, it's good that this came to light only a couple months after the change; can you image the work that would be required to piece this all together if it wasn't discovered for a couple years?

Email auto purge runs afoul of NDSU policy (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/405023/)
Bresciani's deleted emails reveal no stinging revelations (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/405075/group/homepage/)

Bison"FANatic"
07-04-2013, 01:25 AM
Rob port already said he is going to request all 45000 emails as Bresciani had to have been hiding something. Just gives him a reason to go on a fishing expedition and read through all the emails and bring up stupid little stuff like it is the end of the frickin world.

BlueBisonRock
07-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Rob port already said he is going to request all 45000 emails as Bresciani had to have been hiding something. Just gives him a reason to go on a fishing expedition and read through all the emails and bring up stupid little stuff like it is the end of the frickin world.

Although he just may be looking for a penis enlargement and wants to see if DB gets a better deal than the spam that hits his little board.

Tatanka
07-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Although he just may be looking for a penis enlargement and wants to see if DB gets a better deal than the spam that hits his little board.

I would also have accepted "implementation".

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

mebisonII
07-04-2013, 03:30 AM
This is hilarious. How many more times is everyone going to get wound up over a big conspiracy that turns out to be absolutely mundane?

I can't wait for next month's version.

WYOBISONMAN
07-05-2013, 02:57 PM
I am no fan of the Prez, but this is not an issue that is his fault. Move along.......nothing to see here........

The_Sicatoka
07-05-2013, 11:47 PM

You assume Rob Port can read.

HerdBot
07-06-2013, 12:55 AM
This is do dumb. Does anyone think if DB was involved in some conspiracy, he would use his Gmail account and personal cell phone because those don't fall under public records.

I think this public info request business is going a bit over the top. 50,000 emails is a huge amount. Who pays for this?

GradBison
08-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Well here's a shocker!

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/409249/

Skarphol says he's one of ND lawmakers seeking University System emails

The Legislative Council‘s most recent request seeks all 10 university presidents’ emails since last July. It is expected to generate more than 100,000 emails, and University System officials have said the request is so broad that it may take until the end of the year to fulfill, prompting some legislators to ask if it’s frivolous and unnecessary.

tony
08-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Well here's a shocker!

What exactly is Skarphol's vision for NDSU? He uses his position to go after each and every NDSU president from the moment they step on campus to the day he finally gets rid of them. "NDSU is too big," he says. Well, what's the right size? Why does he want to decrease enrollment at NDSU alone? "NDSU spends too much," he says. Well, compared to every other campus, NDSU spends remarkably less money per student. What amount should NDSU be satisfied with? "There's too much duplication," he says as he lobbies for a new college campus in Tioga.

Between him and Dosch... I just shake my head, but Skarphol is the worst. How in the hell did he get into the position he is in and why does any legislator who gives a rat's ass about NDSU students not rebel against his anti-NDSU holy war? Or am I missing something?

Tatanka
08-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Well here's a shocker!

Once again, this is confirmed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On73aHpgdSQ&t=1m12s

Hansel
08-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Is he upset by no UND-Tioga?

GradBison
08-16-2013, 04:36 PM

Probably. Because that would've served the state immensely.

Bison bison
08-16-2013, 05:26 PM

Way to break the ding-ding-ding machine.

perthbison
08-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Is he upset by no UND-Tioga?He is, but going after NDSU and it's president is like a fetish for skarpohl. He and
rob Porter are alike in that respect.

tjbison
08-17-2013, 06:36 PM
He is, but going after NDSU and it's president is like a fetish for skarpohl. He and
PORTLY ROB are alike in that respect.

corrected......your welcome

bisonmike2
08-20-2013, 02:56 PM
He is, but going after NDSU and it's president is like a fetish for skarpohl. He and
rob Porter are alike in that respect.

This is what I envision Rob to be like in his basement except his list is filled with NDSU people.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtxlFPj4NlfG3oqxMn2ma3LXJ_ESiH8 X_L3vRSyX085YKR-plU

Bison"FANatic"
08-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Sounds like Skarphol is going to be on Heitkamps show in the next hour. This could be interesting, might have to get my puke bucket ready.

People like Skarphol make me think about voting democrat. Weeeeeelllllllll maybe not quite yet. :):)

aces1180
08-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Skarpol makes Al Carlson look good...What a douchebag.

aces1180
08-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Now he is calling for Brescani to be canned...

aces1180
08-21-2013, 03:21 PM
And now he is pimping SAB...:facepalm2:

Tatanka
08-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Now he is calling for Brescani to be canned...

on what grounds?

aces1180
08-21-2013, 03:25 PM
on what grounds?

Over the deleted e-mails.

Also he said the smoking gun was that the Prez sent an e-mail to an unnamed Fargo business person and told him to reply to his GF's address in order to circumvent open records laws.

Hansel
08-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Was UND-Tioga brought up? I am surprised that story has not had more legs.

imabison
08-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Was UND-Tioga brought up? I am surprised that story has not had more legs.

IF it no legs were they shot off by a cannon ball?? Sorry just last night listened to My Son John (Irish tune about son no legs after losing a race with a cannonball)

And it if had legs they would rubber which would not stand anyway...

tony
08-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Over the deleted e-mails.

Also he said the smoking gun was that the Prez sent an e-mail to an unnamed Fargo business person and told him to reply to his GF's address in order to circumvent open records laws.

That's absolute bullshit unless every conversation President Bresciani has is subject to open records laws.

You know what? They should subject legislators' emails to open record requests and grandfather is back four years.

aces1180
08-21-2013, 05:06 PM
That's absolute bullshit unless every conversation President Bresciani has is subject to open records laws.

You know what? They should subject legislators' emails to open record requests and grandfather is back four years.

He said that doing that would limit the privacy available to their constituents...

He came off looking like a whiner and his sour grapes really showed.

If I were Prez B., I'd ask that all e-mailers respond via a phone call...

EndZoneQB
08-21-2013, 05:13 PM
OK...so...wtf did Heitkamp have to say? That's what this should be about, honestly. I haven't posted or followed in like 2 months and I could tell you almost word for word what Skarphol would say. Did the host take it or did he fire back? Joel can be fiery if he wants to be so which one showed up?

bisonaudit
08-21-2013, 05:18 PM

These tools in the Legislature just drive me nuts. They're clearly just fishing around in all of the President's garbage cans just hoping to find some political fodder. And meanwhile the Legislature is subject to almost no financial disclosure or conflict of interest reporting. North Dakota is ranked something like 49th on state government fraud and corruption prevention. It be funny if it weren't so sad.

EndZoneQB
08-21-2013, 05:25 PM
These tools in the Legislature just drive me nuts. They're clearly just fishing around in all of the President's garbage cans just hoping to find some political fodder. And meanwhile the Legislature is subject to almost no financial disclosure or conflict of interest reporting. North Dakota is ranked something like 49th on state government fraud and corruption prevention. It be funny if it weren't so sad.

Holy shiz, seriously? I don't get how these guys get elected. Oh wait, I do. It's like it is in the rest of the country...people vote for a person that supports ONE thing they care about and don't bother looking at them further.

aces1180
08-21-2013, 05:45 PM
OK...so...wtf did Heitkamp have to say? That's what this should be about, honestly. I haven't posted or followed in like 2 months and I could tell you almost word for word what Skarphol would say. Did the host take it or did he fire back? Joel can be fiery if he wants to be so which one showed up?

Heitkamp didn't say much...Just asked questions, really.

I think it will be online sometime soon.

aces1180
08-21-2013, 05:52 PM
http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2013/aug/21/ndsus-bresciani-accused-of-delaying-email-disclosures/

1998braves64
08-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Thought the missing emails had been included in the original submission and they rejected it because it was too many so they had them narrow it down and that is somewhat how the missing emails were discovered. So really this whole dog and pony show is just that a show imo. Again it wasn't like DB went into his inbox and started making hay with old emails... good grief.

Wasn't it UND President Kelley who threw Ham Shirvani under the bus to start the whole Shirvani fiasco anyways?

Bison"FANatic"
08-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Skarphol was really pissed that it was taking so long to get the emails. I do believe he thinks they can just push print and then send it out. I do believe it is something like 100,000 + emails. I am sure they have to be read and any personal information redacted. One persons social security number or some other item that shouldn't be made public squeaks through and Skarphol would be the first lining up to hang them for sending out personal info. Heck if you want to go on a fishing expedition it is going to take time, its not like there is a employee sitting on there arse doing nothing waiting for monsterous public records check. Heck Skarphol said he is already been talking to vendors to organize and collate all the information for him. I bet that will take the vendors time to do but NDSU can't take a few months to get it done and it is over and above their normal work load. Skarphol said he has heard rumors and is just waiting on the proof before he says anymore.

There could be something big out there, who knows but time will tell and him wining like a little bitch isn't doing him any good. Its to bad he isn't going to be primaried in the next election a dem isn't going to beat him out there but a Republican with their head screwed on straight sure as hell could.

BadlandsBison
08-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Skarpol makes Al Carlson look good...What a douchebag.

Unpossible

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

MAKBison
08-21-2013, 08:06 PM
there needs to be some accountability for these legislatures...something!!!

Tatanka
08-21-2013, 09:39 PM

This here. What's good for the goose...

I absolutely cannot stand asshats that won't subject themselves to the same standards they expect from others.

StL Bison Fan
08-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Unpossible

E mail is the 'official' method of communication. I say send them hard copies of all the emails. The specials of the week from the meat lab, survey monkey requests from grad students, notice of the day lily sales, not to mention outside junk mail.
When he mentioned the 'blog that shall not be named' he tipped his hand.

Tatanka
08-21-2013, 10:11 PM
E mail is the 'official' method of communication. I say send them hard copies of all the emails. The specials of the week from the meat lab, survey monkey requests from grad students, notice of the day lily sales, not to mention outside junk mail.
When he mentioned the 'blog that shall not be named' he tipped his hand.*ding*ding*ding*

WYOBISONMAN
08-22-2013, 03:00 PM
This whole thing is so much bullshit. Looking for the scandal that is not there. The bottom line, Bresciani did not like Shirvani. So what. The dipshits in the Legislature need to move on. And.......my god, we need some decent people on the SBOHE.

imabison
08-22-2013, 04:35 PM
This whole thing is so much bullshit. Looking for the scandal that is not there. The bottom line, Bresciani did not like Shirvani. So what. The dipshits in the Legislature need to move on. And.......my god, we need some decent people on the SBOHE.

Actually you are all missing the point.................somewhere they are trying to find proof that Joe Chapman is still in charge....where is the purple font :)

TransAmBison
08-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Actually you are all missing the point.................somewhere they are trying to find proof that Joe Chapman is still in charge....where is the purple font :)
He's building a Death University. It will be the ultimate power in all of academia.

Bison"FANatic"
08-22-2013, 04:59 PM

You want the purple font but it was just minutes into the hour yesterday and Heitkamp was taking shots at Chapman. I really think Joe must have poisoned Heitkamps dog before he left as he can't mention NDSU without crying about Chapman. It is bordering on creepy.

tony
08-22-2013, 05:36 PM
You want the purple font but it was just minutes into the hour yesterday and Heitkamp was taking shots at Chapman. I really think Joe must have poisoned Heitkamps dog before he left as he can't mention NDSU without crying about Chapman. It is bordering on creepy.

Heitkamp's problem with NDSU is that it competes with UND. Apparently, he doesn't think that UND is equal to the challenge so he uses his bully pulpit as best he can to damage NDSU. Hell, I think that half the reason he hates Fargo so much is that NDSU happens to be there.

The last time I listened to KFGO was this day: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30395-I-apologise-to-Travis-Beck&p=741022#post741022

(http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30395-I-apologise-to-Travis-Beck&p=741022#post741022)How did he segue from not apologizing to Travis Beck for all but organizing a lynch mob to saying something like, "Face it folks, we covered this story because NDSU is big news around here. They're supposed to be one of the top research universities is the nation.. (snort) but I have a hard time believing that if Bresciani won't let people have grant money but that's another story that I won't get into right now."

You know what good live radio would be? Get Joel on a lie detector and ask him some questions about how he covers NDSU.

Bison bison
08-22-2013, 05:44 PM
and if he lies he gets jolted.

bisonaudit
08-22-2013, 05:48 PM
(snort) but I have a hard time believing that if Bresciani won't let people have grant money but that's another story that I won't get into right now."

The toad of truth squatting in a swamp of unbalanced formulas.

BadlandsBison
08-22-2013, 05:57 PM
and if he lies he gets jolted.

I bet his his pain yelp is actually more quiet than his normal voice. Hook the electrode between his teeth

Edit: I sound like a maniacal kitten killer. Just wish Joel would move to grand forks and fester there

aces1180
08-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Heitkamp's problem with NDSU is that it competes with UND. Apparently, he doesn't think that UND is equal to the challenge so he uses his bully pulpit as best he can to damage NDSU. Hell, I think that half the reason he hates Fargo so much is that NDSU happens to be there.

The last time I listened to KFGO was this day: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30395-I-apologise-to-Travis-Beck&p=741022#post741022

(http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30395-I-apologise-to-Travis-Beck&p=741022#post741022)How did he segue from not apologizing to Travis Beck for all but organizing a lynch mob to saying something like, "Face it folks, we covered this story because NDSU is big news around here. They're supposed to be one of the top research universities is the nation.. (snort) but I have a hard time believing that if Bresciani won't let people have grant money but that's another story that I won't get into right now."

You know what good live radio would be? Get Joel on a lie detector and ask him some questions about how he covers NDSU.

I look forward to the day when he has to explain to his bosses in Green Bay why the station under his management lost the contract to the biggest sports team in Fargo-Moorhead and arguably the state of North Dakota.

Bisonguy
08-23-2013, 01:56 AM
So, what's stopping any citizens of the state of North Dakota from submitting an open records request to Skarphol and cc'ing some state media to the request?

I'm not saying..........

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Tatanka
08-23-2013, 02:53 AM
So, what's stopping any citizens of the state of North Dakota from submitting an open records request to Skarphol and cc'ing some state media to the request?

I'm not saying..........

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

well, a guy sure could make the request, but it will get denied faster than rob port on a dq cheeseburger. You see, the open records law specifically exempts legislators and their communication.

yep, that's right. The same asshat that hides behind an anonymous committee request for other state employees to turn over their correspondence does so knowing damn well that the same doesn't apply to them...

During the whole nickname fiasco, requests were made for hot carls correspondence, right after he started going after the records of the sbohe. He hid behind that loophole faster than TAB having some quality alone time.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

tjbison
08-23-2013, 02:56 AM
well, a guy sure could make the request, but it will get denied faster than rob port on a dq cheeseburger. You see, the open records law specifically exempts legislators and their communication.

yep, that's right. The same asshat that hides behind an anonymous committee request for other state employees to turn over their correspondence does so knowing damn well that the same doesn't apply to them...

During the whole nickname fiasco, requests were made for hot carls correspondence, right after he started going after the records of the sbohe. He hid behind that loophole faster than TAB having some quality alone time.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

oh come on when has portly Rob ever been denied a cheeseburger

correct spelling Rob Port ....just for google searches

WYOBISONMAN
08-23-2013, 11:45 AM
It is incredible that those legislators requesting the records don't have to let that request be public. Not conducive to good and open government at all!