PDA

View Full Version : Ferris State: Worthy Opponent or not?

tony
06-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Since there are a number of people who are saying stuff like "All Bison fans are saying that NDSU will stomp Ferris State", I'd like to see if that sentiment is true for Bisonville members.

You'll be able to see the votes - testing a theory.

KilldeerBison
06-24-2013, 07:53 PM
By hang, I mean they got the balls/guts to show-up, roll the dice and leave it on the field, something Montana State has NO conception of. I don't blame them for talking some smack, I expect that NDSU will get their A game.

HerdBot
06-24-2013, 07:56 PM
If these guys beat Grand Valley State at their place and the 2011 runner ups, they couldn't be that bad. Solid conference. Fully funded. Seem to play well on the road. Their I-line is returning 4-5 starters including former Bison Carlin Lanningham
. Their qb is young and put up great numbers

They won't beat us obviously but we need to prepare well. We were a D2 team once

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
06-24-2013, 07:58 PM
By hang, I mean they got the balls/guts to show-up, roll the dice and leave it on the field, something Montana State has NO conception of. I don't blame them for talking some smack, I expect that NDSU will get their A game.
Exactly. It just shows how pathetic Montana State is. A D2 team is going to play us instead of them! Hopefully there will be a "Georgia Southern" outcome and they come to the dome anyways come playoff time. Kick the living snot outta them.

BisonFan02
06-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Worthy. They've got the stones to come to Fargo. Let's not disappoint.

NorthernBison
06-24-2013, 08:18 PM
I went with 40%. I believe that 40%of the FCS programs could lose to a solid DII program. I think 60% is too aggressive.

NDSU's 2003 win over Montana is an example of a non-playoff DII beating a playoff selected FCS (D1-AA at the time).

Bison 4 Life
Exactly. It just shows how pathetic Montana State is. A D2 team is going to play us instead of them! Hopefully there will be a "Georgia Southern" outcome and they come to the dome anyways come playoff time. Kick the living snot outta them.

Unfortunately, they will be overvalued as usual, get a high seed and then shit the bed at home just like every year.

MNLonghorn10
It's a d2 opponent. Sucks but it is what it is. I'd be just as excited playing prairie view

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
06-24-2013, 08:23 PM
It's a d2 opponent. Sucks but it is what it is. I'd be just as excited playing prairie view

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
You get excited playing prairie view?

MNLonghorn10
06-24-2013, 09:41 PM
You get excited playing prairie view?
I didn't get excited at all.

Hammerhead
06-24-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd guess that the top 10-20 teams in D-II could give more than half the FCS teams a good game, if not beat them. Same goes for FCS to the FBS -- most playoff teams would be competitive with at least half of the FBS schools.

Just like I wouldn't expect NDSU to beat Alabama, LSU, Oregon, etc., I wouldn't expect any D-II team to beat anyone who made it out of the first round of the FCS playoffs.

ndsubison1
06-24-2013, 09:49 PM
they were 7-4 last year. ill be shocked if they keep it within 49

reformedUNDfan
06-24-2013, 10:51 PM
http://www.freep.com/article/20130621/SPORTS06/306210073/ferris-state-football-michigan-marvin-robinson

ferris state picked up a pair of michigan players over the offseason.

taper
06-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Good(top 20%) D2 are a real threat to the bottom 60% of FCS. There's a lot of really bad teams out there. A certain FCS transition team that lost to an NAIA school beat 4 other FCS and 1 fellow transitional the same year.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Don't really like the choice of answers. Worthy of who? Us or a mediocre FCS team?

I really don't feel that they will be a worthy opponent of us. Doesn't mean we can overlook them, just that if the team stays focused and executes to its fullest potential, it will be a blowout. If they were a powerhouse team last year and returned most of the starters, then I would say they would be a worthy opponent and then some.

However, I think Ferris State would be a worthy opponent to a middle of the road FCS team. Could perhaps win if everything went right.

HerdBot
06-24-2013, 11:26 PM
http://www.freep.com/article/20130621/SPORTS06/306210073/ferris-state-football-michigan-marvin-robinson

ferris state picked up a pair of michigan players over the offseason.

And Carlin Lanninham was supposed to be a big signing for ndsu but he never saw the field.

To continue the discussion... need to focus on # of scholarships... not division. There is plenty of talent in Michigan

BisonTeacher
06-24-2013, 11:30 PM

This....

I will give them more respect than I will Mont St.

BisonKnight
06-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Ferris State has more balls and respect from me than to Montana State. Can wait to rout Montana State if we're matched up by them.

thebigund
06-25-2013, 04:10 PM
By no means will they push NDSU to the limit but I'm guessing they have enough athletes and pride to make things interesting a couple of times. First quarter may be interesting until NDSU stomps on their throat and takes the fight out of them.

They'll probably be better than alot on here are expecting, especially with their FBS transfers, but at the end of the day they are only an above average D2 team.

BadlandsBison
06-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Didn't Pierre Garcion play DIII? Good athletes fall to the low divisions all of the time, these guys should be a solid team.