PDA

View Full Version : Cool intro addition possibility

Bison"FANatic"
06-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Now I understand this would cost some cash and NDSU doesn't have it yet but the technology is sweet. Last year Disney came out with mouse ears that change colors in the dark which in itself is no big deal. The thing that is awesome is that they are all infrared controlled and different small areas can be controlled to do different things. They added it as a addition to their World of color production at Disney land. Then they sell you the ears for a nice little profit of course. Imagine this technology in the dome put to the intro music and video. you could have it changing from green to yellow flickering all over the dome then different parts of the dome go solid colors, one side be green then the other side of the dome yellow and it flips back and forth. When the "you've been thunderstruck" hits they could all flash white like lightning. Endless possibilities that the program could be changed up from game to add a "new" or what are they going to do this time feel to the game intro. We can't mess with the video as its awesome but imagine what it could be like in the dome with this technology. Now we wouldn't have mouse ears but you could put the technology into everything from bison horns to NDSU hats to well about anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbxkrpWu7hQ

HerdBot
06-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Neat technology. You could put lights up in the rafters, on the walls, on the band, or pretty much anywhere. How about Bison horns

sambini
06-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Very cool ++++

Tony Almeida
06-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Before we get ahead of ourselves, don't you think we should improve what we have first? Anyone else notice our game intro abruptly ending within 45 seconds into "Thunderstruck"?! The lights come on and it gets awkwardly quiet...It's frustrating enough that the old farts (silver hairs sitting near the 50 yd line who contribute most of the money and whom are never caught standing) complain about the volume of the music, but can't we at least wait until every Bison player is out of the tunnel before we shut down the intro?!

Who's the guy in charge saying "Shut it down boys, this is too much excitement and fan support to have it carry on for the whole song"?!

I like our intro. I just wish it was a little longer...am I the only one, considering, I have never heard anyone else complain about this?

TransAmBison
06-17-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't know about having a bunch of mouse ears in the dome. I think fanatic is smokin' somethin'...

Bison"FANatic"
06-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Did TAB say something I have him on ignore!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know first rule with dealing with a troll. Put them on ignore. :):):)

BISONBRI53
06-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Before we get ahead of ourselves, don't you think we should improve what we have first? Anyone else notice our game intro abruptly ending within 45 seconds into "Thunderstruck"?! The lights come on and it gets awkwardly quiet...It's frustrating enough that the old farts (silver hairs sitting near the 50 yd line who contribute most of the money and whom are never caught standing) complain about the volume of the music, but can't we at least wait until every Bison player is out of the tunnel before we shut down the intro?!

Who's the guy in charge saying "Shut it down boys, this is too much excitement and fan support to have it carry on for the whole song"?!

I like our intro. I just wish it was a little longer...am I the only one, considering, I have never heard anyone else complain about this?

I agree! That is all.

gumby013
06-17-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm assuming Disney owns everything even remotely related to this technology...including the children of the imagineers.

I don't think it's likely they would license it.

DjKyRo
06-17-2013, 05:33 PM
We should have Slash play at the home opener.

TransAmBison
06-17-2013, 06:32 PM
We should have Slash play at the home opener.With Mickey Mouse ears?

CAS4127
06-17-2013, 06:33 PM
We should change the intro song to the Rocky theme song!!!! Too soon?!?!? Actually, I am trying to see if Tranny can pic up on a "troll post"!:)

BisonFan02
06-17-2013, 06:35 PM
We should change the intro song to the Rocky theme song!!!! Too soon?!?!? Actually, I am trying to see if Tranny can pic up on a "troll post"!:)

Get that iPhone docking station installed on your bike yet? :D

TransAmBison
06-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Get that iPhone docking station installed on your bike yet? :DHe's just waiting for the extension cord to come in the mail. Teacher said he would use his contacts at the USPS to track it for him.

BisonFan02
06-17-2013, 06:40 PM
He's just waiting for the extension cord to come in the mail. Teacher said he would use his contacts at the USPS to track it for him.

You would think the host of CAS-Alt-Delete would be able to make his own extension cord...what a phony. :D

MNLonghorn10
06-17-2013, 06:42 PM
I stopped reading at Disney.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Bison"FANatic"
06-17-2013, 06:42 PM
I thought it was TAB alt Del:(:( Thats why his posts keep showing up. Technology UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

CAS4127
06-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Get that iPhone docking station installed on your bike yet? :DActually, I had one for my Iphone 4 and it was hard-wired. "They" wanted me to replace it, and hard-wire a new one in for my Iphone5 (think $$$$$$$$$$$). I told them I would think about it, an then thought, "there's gotta be a thingamajig one can buy to plug into the business end of the Ipone4 wire that will "convert" the thing so it is compatable with an Iphone5". Sure enough, there is!!! Not as good of thinking as my cryowave, but at least somebody thought of it and made it!! Oh, and the rest of you, along with 02 here, GFY's!!!!

BisonFan02
06-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Actually, I had one for my Iphone 4 and it was hard-wired. "They" wanted me to replace it, and hard-wire a new one in for my Iphone5 (think $$$$$$$$$$$). I told them I would think about it, an then thought, "there's gotta be a thingamajig one can buy to plug into the business end of the Ipone4 wire that will "convert" the thing so it is compatable with an Iphone5". Sure enough, there is!!! Not as good of thinking as my cryowave, but at least somebody thought of it and made it!! Oh, and the rest of you, along with 02 here, GFY's!!!!

Obviously ideas influenced by previous (and recent) use of a cassette to CD converter. :D

CAS4127
06-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Obviously ideas influenced by previous (and recent) use of a cassette to CD converter. :DI went from 8 track straight to whatever it is called that stores my music on my Iphone and other, similar devices. Also, I have one of those "sound-bar" things in my garage. What's really cool, and inexplicable to me, is that when I plug the Iphone5 (using same thingamajig as I do on motocycle) into it, somehow the clock on the sound-bar is automatically updated to the same time as that of my Iphone!! Shit like this blows me away-->it's like they are doing some sort of "tech-mating" or something (come to think of it, I wonder what the off-spring will look like??)):(!!

Bison"FANatic"
06-17-2013, 07:01 PM
I stopped reading at Disney.

Ya I understand Disney is always about 10 years behind in technology.

CAS4127
06-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Ya I understand Disney is always about 10 years behind in technology.I sense the sarcasm, but what Mhorn meant was that he likes Disney and went to watch his VHS videos I think.

MNLonghorn10
06-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Can we add some tinkerbells and talking trees too

bri-dog
06-17-2013, 07:41 PM

Tinkerbells for UNI and talking trees for ISU-blue...

TbonZach
08-06-2013, 06:25 AM

Tinkerbells for UNI and talking trees for ISU-blue...

(I know it's late, but...)

This for SDSU

http://terrymalloyspigeoncoop.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/alice-in-wonderland-white-rabbit2.jpg

And for the SDSU marching band

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25900000/The-White-Rabbit-alice-in-wonderland-25961706-800-400.jpg

Bison"FANatic"
09-10-2013, 03:54 PM
OK I know the Mickey ears were kind of laughed at but I was looking at the technology. Well now Coldplay is using similar technology at their concerts and I still contend that this would be pretty sweet in the dome and they could make money off the wrist bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd_EOTziiSY

So I still contend like in my original post: "Imagine this technology in the dome put to the intro music and video. you could have it changing from green to yellow flickering all over the dome then different parts of the dome go solid colors, one side be green then the other side of the dome yellow and it flips back and forth. When the "you've been thunderstruck" hits they could all flash white like lightning. Endless possibilities that the program could be changed up from game to add a "new" or what are they going to do this time feel to the game intro."

MankatoBison
09-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Yes, thats actually really cool haha, I think that would be great... but also really unlikely too. Oh well.. We can dream cant we? and yes, I think the intro is a bit too short haha

MankatoBison
09-10-2013, 04:23 PM
OK I know the Mickey ears were kind of laughed at but I was looking at the technology. Well now colplay is using similar technology at their concerts and I still contend that this would be pretty sweet in the dome and they could make money off the wrist bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd_EOTziiSY

So I still contend like in my original post: "Imagine this technology in the dome put to the intro music and video. you could have it changing from green to yellow flickering all over the dome then different parts of the dome go solid colors, one side be green then the other side of the dome yellow and it flips back and forth. When the "you've been thunderstruck" hits they could all flash white like lightning. Endless possibilities that the program could be changed up from game to add a "new" or what are they going to do this time feel to the game intro."

Yuuuup. ^^^^^ this

BisonNation11
09-10-2013, 04:41 PM
I think this would be awesome. You can use it for more than just the intro (given the NCAA allows it). You could have them go off after TD's, big 3rd down stands, turnovers (in NDSU's favor) and at the final horn. How cool would it be to have everyone doing the "That's another Bison... FIRST DOWN!" all while they go from say green while circling the arm to yellow while pointing out the first down. Possibilities are endless!

bisonaudit
09-10-2013, 05:00 PM
I think this would be awesome. You can use it for more than just the intro (given the NCAA allows it). You could have them go off after TD's, big 3rd down stands, turnovers (in NDSU's favor) and at the final horn. How cool would it be to have everyone doing the "That's another Bison... FIRST DOWN!" all while they go from say green while circling the arm to yellow while pointing out the first down. Possibilities are endless!

Put them on the ball and the players (like motion capture markers) and then we can just play the whole game with the lights off.

gumby013
09-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Looking into it a little, it appears the bands cost about $5 each wholesale. Would people buy them at $10 for game days?

Tatanka
09-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Would Verizon supply the network bandwidth?

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

Mayville Bison
09-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Would Verizon supply the network bandwidth?

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

:rofl:

Sorry if that was a legit question, but after Saturday, I'd love to get out of my contract with Verizon

oldmantutters
09-10-2013, 05:55 PM

Sorry if that was a legit question, but after Saturday, I'd love to get out of my contract with Verizon

Brutal, I need to be able to check other scores during a blowout like that.

Pyroshane
09-10-2013, 06:05 PM

I have AT&T and in the past I had to turn of my phone during games because my phone was worthless and the battery would drain like mad. It wasn't much better in the tailgating lot, but it would at least work if I was willing to wait. On Saturday I was streaming music during tailgating, and during the game I was checking scores to other games and texting people to make postgame plans. It was a complete 180 from what I am used to from AT&T on gameday. My friends with Verizon were having the same problems I have seen others describing, though, which they never used to in previous years.

bisonfanette
09-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Email the person in charge, tactfully state your case, be complimentary (if possible) & who knows what may happen! That's exactly what was suggested regarding the "Stand Up for the Champions" song/suggestion... and today I rec'd a reply from the Band Director! Go for it!

A1pigskin
09-12-2013, 12:05 AM
The dome could start with lasers in the rafters and build on that each year.

BisonHorns
09-12-2013, 12:47 AM
This stuff sounds fun and all for two minutes but lets remember we are going to the dome for a football game. How about focusing energy on improving those three hours. Decent sound system?

bisonfanette
09-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Decent sound system?
In the band director's email (Sigurd Johnson) he says that they were having "issues" with the sound system & the band couldn't hear the "script" for the pregame or the half-time show. They had to "guess" when to start! Not fun.

Tony Almeida
09-12-2013, 06:58 AM
This stuff sounds fun and all for two minutes but lets remember we are going to the dome for a football game. How about focusing energy on improving those three hours. Decent sound system?

THIS!!!! They need to revamp the entire sound system with more clarity, more base and less distortion!

Rynomite
09-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Love the horns idea! But as the "Thundar Towel" failed, so would this. I'll stick with promoting the Game Day app!

TransAmBison
09-12-2013, 12:56 PM
The dome could start with lasers in the rafters and build on that each year.Would the rafters be ill-tempered?

gumby013
09-12-2013, 01:02 PM
The dome could start with lasers in the rafters and build on that each year.

Mom would never splurge on the lasers in my school pictures.

BisonHorns
09-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Speaking of horns... how about hooking up a train horn to an air compressor and blow a wonk wonk as the players run out of the helmet. With the steam around the players it would look like a bison train coming onto the field. P.S. place the horn above the visitor seating.