PDA

View Full Version : I apologise to Travis Beck

Rockbear99
06-13-2013, 08:37 PM
I would like to apologise to Travis Beck I was wrong and reacted before I knew the facts. I thought the worst and that was wrong of me.

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:47 PM
I would like to apologise to Travis Beck I was wrong and reacted before I knew the facts. I thought the worst and that was wrong of me.

Must have been a good view up on that high horse. ;)

Scooter1
06-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Must have been a good view up on that high horse. ;)

:fight: I see what you did, there.....

Rockbear99
06-13-2013, 09:09 PM
it sure was at I knew to get off and not stay on like some people:duel:

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 09:10 PM
it sure was at I knew to get off and not stay on like some people:duel:

I'll give you credit, you were on it BEFORE you knew what we know now.

HerdBot
06-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Most of us assumed he was guilty. That was my initial thoughts for about an hour. We all need to remember to take a deep breath sometimes and wait for the facts to emerge. Easier said than done given prior stuff.

td577
06-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Most of us assumed he was guilty. That was my initial thoughts for about an hour. We all need to remember to take a deep breath sometimes and wait for the facts to emerge. Easier said than done given prior stuff.

It has been proven over and over again the media is incapable of presenting factual new stories. They are so competitive and want to be the first to break something, they don't let facts or finding facts get in the way. Just fill in the holes with something that makes sense. They will forget the story long before they forget we screwed up. It is a said, said world of reporting that we have come to.

tjbison
06-13-2013, 11:30 PM
I will eat my crow straight up, I still think some are taking it lighter than it really is, but I'm glad the video proved it was a 2 way fight and not all TB like it was originally made to sound.

hopefully this is our last incident for the year

Shadowbison
06-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I did preface my remarks with "if this is true", i must say i was too quick to choose a side. will there be any suspension of any kind by the team? and I'm real glad to have him on the team! 3-peat, here we come!

NDSU1980
06-14-2013, 02:47 AM
I would like to apologise to Travis Beck I was wrong and reacted before I knew the facts. I thought the worst and that was wrong of me.You should probably "apologise" to your high school English teacher also. Mine would never forgive me for misspelling something. (Hint: apologize)

EndZoneQB
06-14-2013, 02:57 AM
You should probably "apologise" to your high school English teacher also. Mine would never forgive me for misspelling something. (Hint: apologize)

Fail. Apologise is a completely acceptable spelling of the word. I like to be an asshole too, but at least try to be right :). You should apologise to him...

NDSU1980
06-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Fail. Apologise is a completely acceptable spelling of the word. I like to be an asshole too, but at least try to be right :). You should apologise to him...I just checked my Websters dictionary, and they don't list "apologise". So, sorry, but you are wrong. They list "apologist" but that's as close as it comes. I'm sure you can find an internet spelling somewhere, but even my spell check doesn't approve of the "s" spelling. In Webster I trust.

Bison bison
06-14-2013, 03:27 AM
​I regret nothing!

BlueBisonRock
06-14-2013, 03:34 AM

You should probably "apologise" to your high school English teacher also. Mine would never forgive me for misspelling something. (Hint: apologize)

Fail. Apologise is a completely acceptable spelling of the word. I like to be an asshole too, but at least try to be right :). You should apologise to him...

I just checked my Websters dictionary, and they don't list "apologise". So, sorry, but you are wrong. They list "apologist" but that's as close as it comes. I'm sure you can find an internet spelling somewhere, but even my spell check doesn't approve of the "s" spelling. In Webster I trust.

Well, it is called English, but when the word is truly English, it does provide confusion. According to the interwebs, (and we all know they are always correct), apologise is British English and apologize is American English.

I am guessing Rockbear submitted his post from a London suburb during his once in a lifetime vacation to discover his roots.

CAS4127
06-14-2013, 03:35 AM
You are all rookies when it comes to the English language--well even more than that for that matter!!

ENGLISH-->do you speak it?!??*

*Credit Tanka-->he pm's ME that a few years ago!! Fucktard!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EndZoneQB
06-14-2013, 03:38 AM
I just checked my Websters dictionary, and they don't list "apologise". So, sorry, but you are wrong. They list "apologist" but that's as close as it comes. I'm sure you can find an internet spelling somewhere, but even my spell check doesn't approve of the "s" spelling. In Webster I trust.

Feeling a little sore, are we? Take 2 ibuprofen with a glass of water. Oh wait, that still won't make you right.

Rockbear99
06-14-2013, 03:39 AM
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/apologise

Also the s and z are very close together so my fat (gabe will hate my fingers) fingers made an error.
(https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/apologise)

freelancer
06-14-2013, 04:24 AM
It has been proven over and over again the media is incapable of presenting factual new stories. They are so competitive and want to be the first to break something, they don't let facts or finding facts get in the way. Just fill in the holes with something that makes sense. They will forget the story long before they forget we screwed up. It is a said, said world of reporting that we have come to.

Woah... What? The media screwed this up? All the media did was report the facts as they were given to them. Travis was arrested, that's what the media reported. Travis was charged, that's what the media reported. Travis was in jail, that's what the media reported. Travis was charged with assault, and that's what the media reported.

They reported facts. What holes did they fill in?

Quit blaming the media. The media did their job. They reported the facts.

BlueBisonRock
06-14-2013, 04:27 AM
Woah... What? The media screwed this up? All the media did was report the facts as they were given to them. Travis was arrested, that's what the media reported. Travis was charged, that's what the media reported. Travis was in jail, that's what the media reported. Travis was charged with assault, and that's what thee dis reported.

When the media asks the question: "Should Beck be kicked off of the team?" when the facts are not in, the media is a gas can looking for a match.

56BISON73
06-14-2013, 04:29 AM

S is the British variant of apologize.

MAKBison
06-14-2013, 05:25 AM
I thought the headline in the FF was a bit misleading. Rob Port who must be a member of the media as he is always on Channel 4 as a Higher education expert made a bunch of dumb ass comments.

Woah... What? The media screwed this up? All the media did was report the facts as they were given to them. Travis was arrested, that's what the media reported. Travis was charged, that's what the media reported. Travis was in jail, that's what the media reported. Travis was charged with assault, and that's what the media reported.

NDSUstudent
06-14-2013, 05:33 AM

There is reporting the news and then there is sensationalizing the news. Beck was hung without a trial by some of the media jackals.

MAKBison
06-14-2013, 06:02 AM
Freelance: News flash for you---the establishment has been using you ( the media) for years! Why, because you (the media) laid down for the establishment a long time ago. How---The media takes whatever the establishment says as the absolute truth. Media---shoot, the media is just a bunch of Parrots. No follow up, no provocative questioning, no nothing....sqwake SU football player leaves a man unconscious in Alley, Sqwake, Felony.

I take it all back that She Says Thing is just fabulous!

ndsubison1
06-14-2013, 08:24 AM
I too assumed he was the aggressor in the fight and thought he should be suspended or kicked off. I usually like to wait til things play out when it comes to stuff like this. I jumped the gun and shouldn't have. I don't know why. Maybe it's cause I'm sick of all the negative attention there's been from the public and media on our teams. Never again will I assume someone is guilty

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-14-2013, 10:59 AM

Any bets on who this guy is?

Heitkamp, McFleey, Portly Rob?

I don't know, just trying to figure it out.

tony
06-14-2013, 12:40 PM

Really? ForumComm is still reporting that "multiple witnesses" said that Travis Beck started the fight. They are not reporting that there were apparently two witnesses who changed their story after being told there was video.

Apparently KFGO's job is to ask questions like, "How should Travis Beck be punished?" Forget due process, apparently, Joel Hietkamp's crew just moves straight to organizing the lynching.

And if Rob Port is media.... or the Berg idiot on KVLY? Not exactly shining beacons revealing the truth.

WDAY: "Several witnesses report that..." Several meaning "two": One of the two guys throwing punches at Travis and the woman who was with them. The repetitive use of the phrase "bar brawl" just seems a sign of further bias.

Flip this on its head: What if Beck was 6-6 and followed the "victim" into the parking lot?

thundarsdaddy
06-14-2013, 01:07 PM

Well said, thanks for saying it!!

Bison Dan
06-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Really? ForumComm is still reporting that "multiple witnesses" said that Travis Beck started the fight. They are not reporting that there were apparently two witnesses who changed their story after being told there was video.

Apparently KFGO's job is to ask questions like, "How should Travis Beck be punished?" Forget due process, apparently, Joel Hietkamp's crew just moves straight to organizing the lynching.

And if Rob Port is media.... or the Berg idiot on KVLY? Not exactly shining beacons revealing the truth.

WDAY: "Several witnesses report that..." Several meaning "two": One of the two guys throwing punches at Travis and the woman who was with them. The repetitive use of the phrase "bar brawl" just seems a sign of further bias.

Flip this on its head: What if Beck was 6-6 and followed the "victim" into the parking lot?Love how the cops interviewed one of the guys fighting with Beck and Aanenson's girl friend and that's what they based the arrest on. Maybe these witnesses should be charged with giving false info to the police.

RedRiver
06-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Any bets on who this guy is?

Heitkamp, McFleey, Portly Rob?

I don't know, just trying to figure it out.
Or Tank on the 740 the fan noon show. He didn't have any support for TB on the radio show and said he is done, this even before the facts came out.

tjbison
06-14-2013, 01:54 PM

hi Rob nice to see you chime in, want a cheeseburger?

tjbison
06-14-2013, 01:56 PM

Flip this on its head: What if Beck was 6-6 and followed the "victim" into the parking lot?

ok I listened to Heitkamp and he has supported Beck on this, said it multiple time that if the evidence proves right and the charges are dropped he feels no suspension from the FB team is warranted

tony
06-14-2013, 02:15 PM
ok I listened to Heitkamp and he has supported Beck on this, said it multiple time that if the evidence proves right and the charges are dropped he feels no suspension from the FB team is warranted

I listened for five minutes. In that time he said that Bresciani claims that NDSU is the #1 research institution in the country and then made a snide remark about how he, Joel Heitkamp, disagrees with that. Screw him... he's a prick.

Even his arguments supporting Beck were asinine - if I thought Heitkamp was smart enough, I'd swear that he was purposely making weak and stupid arguments in order to fire up the anti-NDSU folks again. He also applauded the media for their great job.

MAKBison
06-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Love how the cops interviewed one of the guys fighting with Beck and Aanenson's girl friend and that's what they based the arrest on. Maybe these witnesses should be charged with giving false info to the police.

Yep and I would love to see Beck go the civil route and ask for damages for harm committed

MAKBison
06-14-2013, 03:11 PM
If you are in the media and you want to seriously find out what people think about you why not just ask----you might be enlighted to see just how far the profession has fallon down the old credbality poll. BTW its about the same as a politician....not good

Superfan
06-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Yep and I would love to see Beck go the civil route and ask for damages for harm committed

Absolutely! That would be a great way to keep his picture in the paper and for people to rehash this event for weeks to come. I'm sure that's exactly what he wants.

thundarsdaddy
06-14-2013, 03:56 PM
I listened for five minutes. In that time he said that Bresciani claims that NDSU is the #1 research institution in the country and then made a snide remark about how he, Joel Heitkamp, disagrees with that. Screw him... he's a prick.

Even his arguments supporting Beck were asinine - if I thought Heitkamp was smart enough, I'd swear that he was purposely making weak and stupid arguments in order to fire up the anti-NDSU folks again. He also applauded the media for their great job.

I dont like to spread any dislike for anyone, Heitkamp, McFeeley, or the Forum etc., but I have to comment.
First, I agree with you totally Tony.

Second, when I first read the words from the story..."NDSU football player arrested for knocking a man unconscious"(paraphrasing).....I just about lost it. Yes I fully support NDSU, but I do NOT look at these things, as Mr. Heitkamp suggested today, that we wear green'n'gold glasses and cannot form a fair unbiased opinion!!

If you take that phrase..."Native American man" or "African American man" and substitute either one, for the phrase "NDSU Football player" in that sentence, you will see plainly the Stereotype that the media has against NDSU, especially Football.
They used the phrase "NDSU Football player" simply to draw more attention to the story!!
So, when some of us, try to point this out, we accused of wearing Blinders?

Herd
06-14-2013, 03:58 PM
I think, ah, that the jackass states attorney, ah, in the press conference, ah, did a lot of back peddleing, ah, in saying that the charges, ah, were dropped. How is, ah, the press, ah, supposed to, ah, work ah, with that , ah , jackass statement. I think, ah, the press, ah, will, ah, likely, ah, just continue to, ah, screw, ah , this , ah, this whole thing up. Ah, more to come.

MAKBison
06-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Absolutely! That would be a great way to keep his picture in the paper and for people to rehash this event for weeks to come. I'm sure that's exactly what he wants.

Perhaps, but on the flip side if he wins its a big FU to the haters. Not to mention it would make a few statements that certainly need to be made. At the very least, it turns him into the victim, which it seems he really was. Keep in mind once you go civil the burden of prof role changes.

td577
06-14-2013, 06:04 PM
I dont like to spread any dislike for anyone, Heitkamp, McFeeley, or the Forum etc., but I have to comment.

Second, when I first read the words from the story..."NDSU football player arrested for knocking a man unconscious"(paraphrasing).....I just about lost it. Yes I fully support NDSU, but I do NOT look at these things, as Mr. Heitkamp suggested today, that we wear green'n'gold glasses and cannot form a fair unbiased opinion!!

If you take that phrase..."Native American man" or "African American man" and substitute either one, for the phrase "NDSU Football player" in that sentence, you will see plainly the Stereotype that the media has against NDSU, especially Football.
They used the phrase "NDSU Football player" simply to draw more attention to the story!!

I think the media needs to learn a lesson about sensationalizing a story for a few additional readers when they don't have all the facts. The story should have come out that Beck is being charged with this class c felony, which is their standard protocol, until the investigation is complete. Then their next words should have been we will have more details as the facts unfold.

tjbison
06-14-2013, 06:33 PM

well that's fine Tony, but just saying he did lay into a couple guys that thought what Beck did was equivalent to a car bomb, Heitkamp isn't in the business to not stir the pot, gets people calling in and talking...he does host a talk show samewith mcdork. so I was just saying that unlike Fat Rob, Joel at least agreed the charges were implemented way to soon, and way to harsh, and didnt support him being kicked off the team

td577
06-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Since I can honestly say I withheld any judgement because I thought the so-called media facts were sketchy, at best, and certainly incomplete; I do have to apologize for thinking the cop car video seemed like an episode of taxicab confessions. Sorry Travis.

semobison
06-15-2013, 01:13 PM

A Native American man was born native American. An African American was born African American. One becomes an NDSU football player and it is a privilege. That being said, charges against Beck were premature and that is no fault of the media.

TransAmBison
06-15-2013, 01:16 PM
A Native American man was born native American. An African American was born African American. One becomes an NDSU football player and it is a privilege. That being said, charges against Beck were premature and that is no fault of the media.Not getting the facts straight is the fault of the media, though- Gene Masseth

sambini
06-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Its time to move on. Let this young man and his family have a life. And Fargo Police you need to say you SCREWED UP. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.