PDA

View Full Version : UND football team to play Washington in 2018

overquota
06-12-2013, 09:50 PM
http://mynorthwest.com/404/2293933/UW-football-to-host-North-Dakota-in-2018

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) - The University of North Dakota football team has lined up a 2018 matchup with the University of Washington.
UND is an NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision school, while Washington plays in the higher Football Bowl Subdivision. The game is scheduled Sept. 15, 2018, in Seattle.

UND is scheduled to play another Pac-12 team, Utah, during the 2017 season. The Grand Forks Herald reports that UND is guaranteed $450,000 for the Utah game and $500,000 for the Washington game.

tony
06-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Every time I see this thread, I am now completing the title as:

UND football team to play Washington in 2018.... off-Broadway musical adaptation of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest*."

* Sue me, it's the only character named Washington I could find on IMDB. I'm open to suggestions.

overquota
06-13-2013, 09:13 PM
UND football team to play Washington in 2018.... as a part of their new plan to recruit big school coaches.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-14-2013, 03:03 AM
http://mynorthwest.com/404/2293933/UW-football-to-host-North-Dakota-in-2018

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) - The University of North Dakota football team has lined up a 2018 matchup with the University of Washington.
UND is an NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision school, while Washington plays in the higher Football Bowl Subdivision. The game is scheduled Sept. 15, 2018, in Seattle.

UND is scheduled to play another Pac-12 team, Utah, during the 2017 season. The Grand Forks Herald reports that UND is guaranteed $450,000 for the Utah game and $500,000 for the Washington game.

We need to start asking for more money from the FBS schools we play.

How much are getting from KSU this year?

imabison
06-14-2013, 04:26 AM
We need to start asking for more money from the FBS schools we play.

How much are getting from KSU this year?

Coach Bohl and Gene Taylor have always been willing to take a smaller payout for a winnable game.
Wonder if the skol up north is feeling some financial pressures to pay for their womens hockey program..

NDSU1980
06-14-2013, 11:40 AM
When und plays in Frisco, I'll be impressed. Until then, no big deal.

DePereBisonFan
06-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Coach Bohl and Gene Taylor have always been willing to take a smaller payout for a winnable game.
Wonder if the skol up north is feeling some financial pressures to pay for their womens hockey program..

We would beat Utah and Washington.

BleedingPurple
06-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Thought I'd add some fuel to the fire. We're pretty ticked down at JMU over only playing 11 games and two of them being OOC cupcakes. A game could work with you guys. Our St. Francis game is 9/14, which could be moved to 10/19 as we both have an off weekend. Then we could play you guys on 9/14.

I read that you guys have a little money from your cancelled game that you might could sweeten the pot with. Maybe $50,000 would convince St. Francis to move our game to that later date. We could play you in ND this season and you return a game to Harrisonburg in a future year. That future year probably wouldn't work for next year, but the following year it could.

You mentioned earlier about GA Southern moving a game with their conference foe, Furman, those conference games are really tough to move. Whereas, our game with St. Francis would be relatively easy to move if we both had some motivating AD's.

EndZoneQB
06-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Thought I'd add some fuel to the fire. We're pretty ticked down at JMU over only playing 11 games and two of them being OOC cupcakes. A game could work with you guys. Our St. Francis game is 9/14, which could be moved to 10/19 as we both have an off weekend. Then we could play you guys on 9/14.

I read that you guys have a little money from your cancelled game that you might could sweeten the pot with. Maybe $50,000 would convince St. Francis to move our game to that later date. We could play you in ND this season and you return a game to Harrisonburg in a future year. That future year probably wouldn't work for next year, but the following year it could.

You mentioned earlier about GA Southern moving a game with their conference foe, Furman, those conference games are really tough to move. Whereas, our game with St. Francis would be relatively easy to move if we both had some motivating AD's.

I would not be mad one bit if we got to play JMU with a sweet home and home. You guys have an awesome stadium and it'd be fun to visit down there. Wouldn't it be nice if the fans could work these details out??

admin
06-14-2013, 06:50 PM

That would be awesome! JMU has a championship program and is only a 300-mile drive from my front door.

BisonFan02
06-14-2013, 11:02 PM
That would be awesome! JMU has a championship program and is only a 300-mile drive from my front door.

The admin gnome speaks! :D

OrygunBison
06-15-2013, 01:05 AM
My business partner is a Husky season ticket holder and takes me to at least one game a year. In 2018, it'll almost certainly be this game. By that time, UW will almost certainly be back to its traditional winning ways. Sark has them headed in the right direction. That said, this year the Bison would beat Washington, WSU, Colorado, UTAH, Arizona, ASU and likely Cal and UCLA. They'd be competitive with OSU. I actually think they could do some damage against the Ducks. Probably the only team that beats them big would be Stanford and probably USC.

reformedUNDfan
06-15-2013, 04:22 AM
My business partner is a Husky season ticket holder and takes me to at least one game a year. In 2018, it'll almost certainly be this game. By that time, UW will almost certainly be back to its traditional winning ways. Sark has them headed in the right direction. That said, this year the Bison would beat Washington, WSU, Colorado, UTAH, Arizona, ASU and likely Cal and UCLA. They'd be competitive with OSU. I actually think they could do some damage against the Ducks. Probably the only team that beats them big would be Stanford and probably USC.

Outside of the nfl, there is no team that would beat ndsu more thoroughly than the ducks. Stanford is like a bigger, better ndsu and would win comfortably. Usc has the weapons, but I don't know if they have the team. Aside from them though I agree.

natstar1
06-16-2013, 12:30 AM
When und plays in Frisco, I'll be impressed. Until then, no big deal.
If UND is in the NC game everyone on this board won't be impressed unless they win it, if they win the whole board will say win it twice. Obviously, we know they're far from doing any of those things.

344Johnson
06-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Outside of the nfl, there is no team that would beat ndsu more thoroughly than the ducks. Stanford is like a bigger, better ndsu and would win comfortably. Usc has the weapons, but I don't know if they have the team. Aside from them though I agree.

I think Bama would beat NDSU worse than Oregon. Alabama ran/threw all over the 2nd best defense in the country in the title game. They shut down an average Notre Dame offense(an offense that would torch the FCS). Oregon was not a good defensive team.

bri-dog
06-16-2013, 02:21 AM
I think Bama would beat NDSU worse than Oregon. Alabama ran/threw all over the 2nd best defense in the country in the title game. They shut down an average Notre Dame offense(an offense that would torch the FCS). Oregon was not a good defensive team.

They'd probably need a lot of Hail Mary's...:duel:

tjbison
06-16-2013, 01:24 PM
i think bama would beat ndsu worse than oregon. Alabama ran/threw all over the most overated defense in the country in the title game. They shut down an average notre dame offense(an offense that would torch the fcs). Oregon was not a good defensive team.

fify......

WYOBISONMAN
06-17-2013, 10:18 PM
UND will get piss pounded in yet another game against an FBS opponent..........folks.......there is nothing to see here........Move along.

Tatanka
06-17-2013, 10:52 PM
UND will go toe-to-toe in yet another game against an FBS opponent..........folks.......there is nothing to see here........Move along.Fixed .

MAKBison
06-17-2013, 11:08 PM
If UND is in the NC game everyone on this board won't be impressed unless they win it, if they win the whole board will say win it twice. Obviously, we know they're far from doing any of those things.

If they make the NC game in 5 seasons Ill be impressed

MAKBison
06-17-2013, 11:10 PM

It sure would be fun to watch games against those types of teams 3.2.1.

OrygunBison
07-06-2013, 03:43 AM
Oregon was not a good defensive team.

Based on what? I don't know the stats but Oregon's defense was stellar last year...and FAST. Just ask Kansas State. Heck the stats probably won't show a true picture because tbe starters rarely played in the second half.

344Johnson
07-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Based on what? I don't know the stats but Oregon's defense was stellar last year...and FAST. Just ask Kansas State. Heck the stats probably won't show a true picture because tbe starters rarely played in the second half.

I mean...they did give up 51 points to USC...I dont trust the PAC-12

ndsubison1
07-06-2013, 07:45 PM
washington is a decent fbs opponent to play. id love a game vs them

PaBizon
08-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Fixed .

You fixed but forgot the moral victory part ;)