PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts from a K-Stater looking forward to hosting NDSU

KSTATER
06-07-2013, 11:02 PM
First, I come in peace as a guest on your site. Just thought I would share some random thoughts on the season opener with our teams in Manhattan, Ks. I have been a KSU fan for about 48 years. Until 1989 our FB program was an embarrassment as a perennial bottom feeder. It was so bad the old Big 8 Conf threatened to toss us out of the league. We were a basketball school for decades. Then we hired Bill Snyder in 1989 and he began the greatest turnaround in college FB history.

Our program has been a blast to follow. The fan support and enthusiasm has probably reached an all time high this spring-summer as season ticket sales hit a record and all games are basically sold out already. We will dedicate a new 80 million addition to the stadium when we host you. We should have a sold out crowd of slightly over 50,000 when you visit. While our crowd size is not news worthy, the volumn of noise inside the stadium is Impressive. Many players and coaches from the Big 12 say Bill Snyder Family Stadium is the loudest venue they ever play in. I do think that may be a factor in the game. I understand your domed stadium is also a very loud venue. The new addition to the stadium greatly increased the west side height and should increase the crowd noise.

We lost our QB to graduation who finished 3rd in the Heisman voting. His replacement will be either Soph Daniel SAMs who is a very athletic dual threat QB or Jake Waters the Natl Juco offensive player of the year in 2012. That will be the first game for either one so they will be unproven and you are catching them at a good time of inexperience. Their performance will play a huge role in the games outcome.

Our special teams have always played a big role in our success, particularly our return game. Our punt and kickoff returners are both preseason All Americans.

We lost a lot on defense so that is big question mark preseason.

I have only heard highly complimentary and respectful concerns from our fans about playing the Bison. My impression is that your team is better than many BCS teams and loaded with top tier talent. I read where you may have three NFL draft level players this year. That's more than half of the Big12 teams will have. Your coaching staff is top notch and your fan support is well known.

If you are lucky enough to get a ticket, I think you will truly enjoy visiting Manhattan. We are the oldest Land Grant university in the US. Most of our students come from small towns and rural areas. Agriculture College is our largest. We have a great Vet school and Engineering college. We are the antithesis of our rival KU (University of Kansas). They have the Med and Law school and the egos to go along with it. K-Staters tend to be regular folks and should make you feel very welcome. Walk up to any tailgate, introduce yourself and you will be invited to eat and visit. While in Manhattan a popular area to spend time is Aggieville which is across the street from campus and has numerous shops, restaraunts, bars etc. It can be quite warm and humid in late August so watch the weather and dress appropriately. The stadium atmosphere will be electric with the dedication of the addition, natl tv broadcast and hosting a two time natl champion who I believe will come into our house fully expecting to kick our butts and make a statement. I expect KSU to win but won't be surprised if its less than a 7 point game. We have traditionally not played well in our first game of the season. I expect a very entertaining game. Welcome to Manhattan to your team and fans. Should be fun. Hope you get a third Natl Champ and go undated after our game. By the way, I've lived in Kansas my whole life and never seen a tornado. It's because I'm hiding in the basement.

laketrout24
06-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the info. All set for the game and can hardly wait. Tickets in section 5 Row 1 and staying at the Holiday Inn across campus.

KSBisonFan
06-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Welcome to our board KStater. Who are you guessing starts at QB? Both guys looked good against the #2 defense in the spring game but I'd give the edge to Sams.

KSTATER
06-08-2013, 02:24 AM
Great question. Our fans are mostly split. SAMs is a tremendous runner and good passer. Waters the juco kid is a fantastic passer and good runner and maybe a bit better leader. Coach won't say until game week is the bet.

westnodak93bison
06-08-2013, 03:42 AM
Four Wildcats Earn Preseason All-America Honors
Finney, Lockett, Thompson and Zimmerman recognized

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060613aab.html

Will be interesting to see how our DL matches up with their All-American Center and multiple All Big 12-Conference o-linemen.

Thundering Herd
06-08-2013, 04:44 AM
Our program has been a blast to follow. The fan support and enthusiasm has probably reached an all time high this spring-summer as season ticket sales hit a record and all games are basically sold out already.

While our crowd size is not news worthy, the volumn of noise inside the stadium is Impressive.

Most of our students come from small towns and rural areas.

We are the antithesis of our rival*. They have the Med and Law school and the egos to go along with it. K-Staters tend to be regular folks and should make you feel very welcome. Walk up to any tailgate, introduce yourself and you will be invited to eat and visit.

Hmmm,...it all sounds awfully familiar!

Thanks for the classy post and welcome, KSTATER!

*old rival, UND. I think they are still DII or DII-caliber and not a threat anymore...

SDbison
06-08-2013, 05:44 PM
KSTATER, thanks for stopping by. When Kansas State loses to NDSU on August 30 yet goes on to a successful season please talk up NDSU with other fans. Maybe someday soon NDSU can get an invite to the Big 12. Yes, I am serious.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks for stopping by. This should be a very good game. Closer than most Wildcat fans think it will be. Hope you get a favorable impression of Bison fans. Don't let idiots like CC and JBB, that are posting on your scout board, give you the wrong impression of Bison fans. Those two wings nuts have been banned from this board so they have no choice but to hang out on your board.

Hope to have a friendly banter with KState fans throughout the summer.

Kansas State U
06-08-2013, 08:12 PM
KSTATER, thanks for stopping by. When Kansas State loses to NDSU on August 30 yet goes on to a successful season please talk up NDSU with other fans. Maybe someday soon NDSU can get an invite to the Big 12. Yes, I am serious.

pfffffttt on both the loss and the invite to the Big 12. No major conference is going to take a school with a football stadium that seats < 19k.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-08-2013, 09:05 PM
pfffffttt on both the loss and the invite to the Big 12. No major conference is going to take a school with a football stadium that seats < 19k.

The Big-12 invite, not going to happen in my lifetime. The loss, more likely than you think. Not guaranteeing a Bison victory, not a guaranteeing loss either. Just saying.

SDbison
06-08-2013, 09:53 PM
pfffffttt on both the loss and the invite to the Big 12. No major conference is going to take a school with a football stadium that seats < 19k. NDSU is better at football than half the teams in your conference which is not the premiere conference it once was. Hope you will be able to deal with reality after the loss to NDSU. On August 30 Kansas State will be no where near the team they put on the field last year. Hope your players have the same smug attitude as you regarding FCS. NDSU brings essentially their entire team back from last year. A good portion of the team played on the previous years national championship so they have played 30 games in the last two years. Experience and execution will trump that little edge in talent level that is way over-rated. The Bison won't go into this game thinking they have a chance to beat K-State....they will go in expecting to win.

Herd
06-08-2013, 10:36 PM
With budgets, facilities and attendance, pfftt would be about right for NDSU to the B1T. As for the game in Aug, that's not a Pfftt, but I certainly hope the purple think do.

GOBISON123
06-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Seems like all conversions regarding your team centers around your QB.

HazenBizon
06-08-2013, 11:07 PM
NDSU is better at football than half the teams in your conference which is not the premiere conference it once was. Hope you will be able to deal with reality after the loss to NDSU. On August 30 Kansas State will be no where near the team they put on the field last year. Hope your players have the same smug attitude as you regarding FCS. NDSU brings essentially their entire team back from last year. A good portion of the team played on the previous years national championship so they have played 30 games in the last two years. Experience and execution will trump that little edge in talent level that is way over-rated. The Bison won't go into this game thinking they have a chance to beat K-State....they will go in expecting to win.

Oh settle down. He's guest. Please be courteous.

BisonNation11
06-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Oh settle down. He's guest. Please be courteous.

This is calm for SD... And the truth.

Hammerhead
06-09-2013, 03:02 AM
I predict a Bison win. Were it not for a horrible call where the official gave the wrong team a personal foul deep in EWU territory and a questionable instant replay call in overtime, This year's Bison team might be the 3-time defending champs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xsG4QKv6KOI

Then again, that game might have provided the motivation to get the Bison players to work a little harder and get their 2 rings.

344Johnson
06-09-2013, 03:34 AM
I predict a Bison win. Were it not for a horrible call where the official gave the wrong team a personal foul deep in EWU territory and a questionable instant replay call in overtime, This year's Bison team might be the 3-time defending champs.

Then again, that game might have provided the motivation to get the Bison players to work a little harder and get their 2 rings.

I don't think the Bison would have won the title that year. Honestly, the Big Fluff plays the right type of ball for NDSU to compete with. Maybe we could have though, how cool would that be? That in my first three years of college NDSU could have three titles? Insane!

BadlandsBison
06-09-2013, 06:15 AM

So many things about that game were just wrong. The ultimate "coulda been" scenario. But, I submit that this game provided much motivation for the future. Totally possible we see ewu in the playoffs next season, wouldn't that be fun :) ...

ndsubison1
06-09-2013, 07:23 AM

ndsu to big 12 = crazy. ndsu beating ksu = not crazy #YouHeardItHereFirst #WereNotYourTypicalFCSTeam

ndsubison1
06-09-2013, 07:25 AM
NDSU is better at football than half the teams in your conference which is not the premiere conference it once was. Hope you will be able to deal with reality after the loss to NDSU. On August 30 Kansas State will be no where near the team they put on the field last year. Hope your players have the same smug attitude as you regarding FCS. NDSU brings essentially their entire team back from last year. A good portion of the team played on the previous years national championship so they have played 30 games in the last two years. Experience and execution will trump that little edge in talent level that is way over-rated. The Bison won't go into this game thinking they have a chance to beat K-State....they will go in expecting to win.

big 12 last season nowhere near what it was a season before. ksu = very good. ou= good. texas= average. osu= average. baylor = average. iowa state = okay. west virginia = mediocre

344Johnson
06-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Big XII in general I don't think of as being particularly special. They don't really do the whole defense thing. Notre Dame put up 35 on OU. Notre Dame's offense was mediocre on its best day. They sling the rock around though, I tend to think of the Big XII and the BSC as similar as far as style of play.

Kansas State U
06-09-2013, 12:18 PM

Well, yes, you have proven you're better than KU......with your impressive 6-3 victory over, by far, the worst team in the conference.

Come August 30th.....either way I will come back to this site to either congratulate you and your team on its victory or to rub your nose in it after another KSU victory.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Well, yes, you have proven you're better than KU......with your impressive 6-3 victory over, by far, the worst team in the conference.

Come August 30th.....either way I will come back to this site to either congratulate you and your team on its victory or to rub your nose in it after another KSU victory.

You fail to realize that this '13 Bison team is light years better than the '10 version. We finished that season a whopping 7-4, we were mediocre at best and yet still managed to beat a Big-12 team. This '13 Bison team would more than likely shout out the team that beat Kansas, and would win a hypothetical head to head something like 40-0.

Your team, at least on paper, is not supposed to be near what it was last year. Get were I'm going with this? This game will be a lot closer than you think it will be. Your going to find out that the talent gap between these two teams is not as wide as you believe it to be. A Bison victory would be far from a fluke.

Shadowbison
06-09-2013, 01:35 PM

rub your nose in it? really? are you in the 8th grade?

BisonFan13
06-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Welcome KStater. Of course I want the Bison to win but if I had to put $100 on the game, I would take K-State. I think the Bison will give them a close game but I think this is the best BCS team that the Bison will have faced. I am looking forward to see what kind of game it will be as this will be a good test for the Bison to see how they can compete with a ranked BCS team.

No_Skill
06-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Welcome KStater. Of course I want the Bison to win but if I had to put $100 on the game, I would take K-State. I think the Bison will give them a close game but I think this is the best BCS team that the Bison will have faced. I am looking forward to see what kind of game it will be as this will be a good test for the Bison to see how they can compete with a ranked BCS team.

I might do the same with my hundo in a straight up pick'em, but I would definitely pick us against whatever ridiculous spread comes out.

gumby013
06-09-2013, 02:10 PM
I might do the same with my hundo in a straight up pick'em, but I would definitely pick us against whatever ridiculous spread comes out.

And take the under as well.

MNLonghorn10
06-09-2013, 02:51 PM
looks like JBB and lakes have broke down the once proud KState fan base and they now hate NDSU.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670&t=11622808

LOL. Well done gents. NDSU is totally stealing this game. KState won't know what hit em. Just remember...that once in a lifetime KState team was just 10 point favorites over NDSU last year. NDSU returns everybody. Kstate loses their studs.

BisonNeil
06-09-2013, 02:54 PM
looks like JBB and lakes have broke down the once proud KState fan base and they now hate NDSU.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670&t=11622808

LOL. Well done gents. NDSU is totally stealing this game. KState won't know what hit em. Just remember...that once in a lifetime KState team was just 10 point favorites over NDSU last year. NDSU returns everybody. Kstate loses their studs.

But, but, but,

Your still picking them 55 and Bison 10, correct?

loudsilverado
06-09-2013, 02:56 PM
We win by 17. KState sucks, so does the state of Kansas for that matter.

MNLonghorn10
06-09-2013, 02:59 PM
But, but, but,

Your still picking them 55 and Bison 10, correct?
I would never pick Kstate to score 55. Let me look at the film and I'll come up with a prediction at a later time

SDbison
06-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Come August 30th.....either way I will come back to this site to either congratulate you and your team on its victory or to rub your nose in it after another KSU victory. Obviously you did not read my post or comprehend that NDSU has played 43 games since the Kansas game losing only 6 of those games. A half dozen or so players that are Seniors this fall got significant time on the field against Kansas. The last two years there has not been much change in the starting roster and NDSU only lost twice........both years soundly winning games against FBS teams. This team is experienced, skilled, confident and familiar with playing in big games. They will not be disrupted by your crowd or awed by playing a successful BCS team. They will not be outplayed or humiliated and will expect to win.
I don't anticipate any Kansas State fan will respect NDSU before or after this game. You will believe there is nothing better than the BCS, the talent level is so much better, and how could a FCS (or DII as many of you call it) team with a 19,000 seat stadum beat you. And when the unthinkable happens it will be called a fluke, a result of your inexperienced defense, or new starting QB.
Based on where these two teams are currently at it looks like a pretty close game and I see no reason the Bison can't win this game. In fact, I believe they have a good chance of winning.

Kansas State U
06-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Obviously you did not read my post or comprehend that NDSU has played 43 games since the Kansas game losing only 6 of those games. A half dozen or so players that are Seniors this fall got significant time on the field against Kansas. The last two years there has not been much change in the starting roster and NDSU only lost twice........both years soundly winning games against FBS teams. This team is experienced, skilled, confident and familiar with playing in big games. They will not be disrupted by your crowd or awed by playing a successful BCS team. They will not be outplayed or humiliated and will expect to win.
I don't anticipate any Kansas State fan will respect NDSU before or after this game. You will believe there is nothing better than the BCS, the talent level is so much better, and how could a FCS (or DII as many of you call it) team with a 19,000 seat stadum beat you. And when the unthinkable happens it will be called a fluke, a result of your inexperienced defense, or new starting QB.
Based on where these two teams are currently at it looks like a pretty close game and I see no reason the Bison can't win this game. In fact, I believe they have a good chance of winning.

You beat a 3-9 KU team in 2010 that finished last in the Big12. You then beat a 3-9 Minnesota team that finished next to last in the Big10. You completed the bad team trifecta with a victory over a 4-8 Colorado State team that finished 7th in a ten team league. Congrats???

Personally, I hope you figure out a way to join an FBS conference, because until that day comes, your FCS championships will continue to look like winning the NIT basketball tournament......nobody but your team and fans will care.

EndZoneQB
06-09-2013, 04:31 PM
You beat a 3-9 KU team in 2010 that finished last in the Big12. You then beat a 3-9 Minnesota team that finished next to last in the Big10. You completed the bad team trifecta with a victory over a 4-8 Colorado State team that finished 7th in a ten team league. Congrats???

Personally, I hope you figure out a way to join an FBS conference, because until that day comes, your FCS championships will continue to look like winning the NIT basketball tournament......nobody but your team and fans will care.

Oh, and the FBS teams we beat along the way. They will probably care too. Minnesota made our game a premium game, Fox Sports 1 is putting us in Primetime(you can thank us later). NDSU: Giving low-level FBS teams exposure since 2007. You're welcome.

344Johnson
06-09-2013, 04:38 PM

And now NDSU gets a chance to beat on Kansas State. A team who couldn't even beat Baylor post-RGIII.

westnodak93bison
06-09-2013, 04:45 PM
And now NDSU gets a chance to beat on Kansas State. A team who couldn't even beat Baylor post-RGIII.

and according to Sam Houston State head coach Willie Fritz, the Bison D(without 2 of our top 4-5 players- Heagle & Perry) is a better defense than both Texas A&M(final Sagarin #3- and only team to BEAT ALABAMA) and Baylor(final Sagarin #18).

HerdBot
06-09-2013, 05:40 PM

I'm not one to play the team 1 beat team 2 and team 3 beat team 1 game, but it was quite obvious that Sam Houston could compete with Baylor. They lead the game at half time and was going in for another TD when they fumbled on the 1. Then they melted down. Considering we kicked Sam Houstons ass and Baylor kicked KSUs ass, were not that far off. Its all about matchups. KSUs offense vs our defense and KSUs defense vs our offense. The difference is the 2013 KSU team will be worse and the 2013 Bison will be better. Either way I can't wait for the game! Beyond pumped!

Won't pick a winner but it will be a 1 score game.

SDbison
06-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Would be fun to look at the game by position, O vs. D and vice versa.....weight, size, experience. Too bad there isn't much returning on defense to compare with for K-state. Also they don't have a QB with much play time, and are missing some other offensive stars. The only thing I give advantage to K-state is their returning O-line, which might not be all that much better than NDSU's.

HerdBot
06-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Would be fun to look at the game by position, O vs. D and vice versa.....weight, size, experience. Too bad there isn't much returning on defense to compare with for K-state. Also they don't have a QB with much play time, and are missing some other offensive stars. The only thing I give advantage to K-state is their returning O-line, which might not be all that much better than NDSU's.

I think our d-line vs their o-line is a key matchup. I love our d-line!
Jirik - Perry - Drevlow - Emmanuel have a shit load of years starting and may be our best line in ndsu history. If they continue to trend upwards, look out!

Depth with Schaetz, Hardie, and Luecke is solid. Now we may get to add Joe Horvath back into the equation and juco DE Gordon may even add some talent

I would be suprised if any of our new recruits dont redshirt even though they are talented on paper. Any other year I think they see the field. Thats good for our future

Then in 2013 look for Pierce (if hes back) and Farnloff (if knee is healed)

Sorry for the thread drift

perthbison
06-09-2013, 06:45 PM

Come August 30th.....either way I will come back to this site to either congratulate you and your team on its victory or to rub your nose in it after another KSU victory.Please tell and impress upon your players that this game is just a little warmup game to get them ready for the b12 schedule. It'll be a fun scrimmage for them where the 3 deep players will get a chance to play the whole second half if not before. If they want, they can stay up late drinking and partying the night before.

344Johnson
06-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Please tell and impress upon your players that this game is just a little warmup game to get them ready for the b12 schedule. It'll be a fun scrimmage for them where the 3 deep players will get a chance to play the whole second half if not before. If they want, they can stay up late drinking and partying the night before.

I'll buy them shots at a local watering hole if they are broke.

Kansas State U
06-09-2013, 07:07 PM

says the fan of the team who lost at home to Indiana State......who lost to Illinois State.......who lost to Missouri State......who KSU beat 51-9.

side note: KSU beat Baylor in 2011 with RGIII

HazenBizon
06-09-2013, 07:15 PM
says the fan of the team who lost at home to Indiana State......who lost to Illinois State.......who lost to Missouri State......who KSU beat 51-9.

Let's try to diffuse this and get back to some civil discussion...K State U, what do you make of your front seven for the upcoming year?

Kansas State U
06-09-2013, 07:21 PM

We could start with a pre-season AA team article I suppose.

a 1st team OL, 2nd team SS, 1st team KR and a 2nd team PR is a decent starting point

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/phil-steele-author-preseason-college-football-bible-releases-144150991.html

throw in another 1st team pre-season all conference OL, a 2nd team RB, a 2nd and 3rd team OL and a 4th team WR

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2013/MAY13/DBMay31.html

We'll fill the holes on "D"......we always do.

BadlandsBison
06-09-2013, 07:23 PM

And Kansas was two seasons off an orange bowl win when ndsu beat them, pretty irrelevant. Its a tradition that the fbs fans come to bisonville and talk down and act all scary. The jhawk fans did it too. Kstate is the best team ndsu will have played in a long time, I don't deny that but let's not start smack already.

Kansas State U
06-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Let's try to diffuse this and get back to some civil discussion...K State U, what do you make of your front seven for the upcoming year?

LB will be good. Everyone knows the challenge will be along the DLine. All I can say with confidence is that our coach has never failed to fill in the blanks and carry on.

HazenBizon
06-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Bill Snyder is a helluva coach. What the feeling on if/when he's going to retire and who will replace him?

Kansas State U
06-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Bill Snyder is a helluva coach. What the feeling on if/when he's going to retire and who will replace him?

No discussion right now. I'd say 3-4 more years max.

56BISON73
06-09-2013, 08:06 PM

If the Bison wouldnt have let the Cats drive the length of the field after taking the lead they wouldnt have needed last minute herorics thus putting the outcome in the hands of the officials. The Bison just couldnt finish and put the Cats away. IMO of course. That season and game did teach the coaching staff where improvements needed to be made.

MNLonghorn10
06-09-2013, 08:24 PM

Baylor beat Sam houston by 25 pts, and beat you by 28 pts. NDSU beat Sam Houston by 1 more point than Baylor did, so that means NDSU is one point better than baylor in anything. So NDSU beats you by 29 pts last year.

onbison09
06-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Can the season start already? :facepalm:

HerdBot
06-09-2013, 10:29 PM

we held Missouri State to NEGATIVE YARDS in the first half at their place and that was late in the year when they were playing well. our QB also threw 3 picks that game yet we still won.

Same with Indiana State. show me a team that throws 2 pick sixes in a game and almost wins

tjbison
06-09-2013, 10:38 PM
I can see this thread becoming a train wreck

KSBisonFan
06-09-2013, 10:49 PM
I can see this thread becoming a train wreck

It actually had potential but might as well move it to the Smack thread now.

loudsilverado
06-09-2013, 11:03 PM
I was thinking today about how someone said Kansas State has a "rich tradition of football", really? So I looked them up and found this:
6 conference titles
486-615-41 (.444)
0 National Championships
Compared with NDSU football:
29 conference titles
651-369-34 (.634)
10 National Championships
I mean, I'm not a math wizard or a football guru, but......

BisonNation11
06-09-2013, 11:12 PM
I refuse to get in on this pissing match. Call us underdogs. We play that role well. Call us the best in the FCS. It's who we are. Overlook us. It's burned everyone else. This team has nothing to lose or prove. They've already over-achieved beyond anyone's expectations, done it with class, and with confidence you can only earn with hard work and dedication. This team is the ultimate team of teams. We don't need pre-season All-Americans to prove a point because it won't be the All-Americans that will beat you. The entire team will beat you. The AA's will just step on your throat when you're gasping for air.

In before the lock!

tjbison
06-09-2013, 11:35 PM
I refuse to get in on this pissing match. Call us underdogs. We play that role well. Call us the best in the FCS. It's who we are. Overlook us. It's burned everyone else. This team has nothing to lose or prove. They've already over-achieved beyond anyone's expectations, done it with class, and with confidence you can only earn with hard work and dedication. This team is the ultimate team of teams. We don't need pre-season All-Americans to prove a point because it won't be the All-Americans that will beat you. The entire team will beat you. The AA's will just step on your throat when you're gasping for air.

In before the lock!

we are without a doubt the underdogs against any BCS team, I do feel we are on par with 90% of the non BCS though

westnodak93bison
06-10-2013, 02:21 AM
What is the over/under on pages of this thread by game time?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BadlandsBison
06-10-2013, 02:31 AM
What is the over/under on pages of this thread by game time?

If the whioux somehow get involved, the sky is the limit. Since we're on the subject, I think the whioux could go toe-to-toe with Kstate

56BISON73
06-10-2013, 02:44 AM
If the whioux somehow get involved, the sky is the limit. Since we're on the subject, I think the whioux could go toe-to-toe with Kstate

Kstate has the hockeys?

Herd
06-10-2013, 03:20 AM
The UND folks won't touch this thread with a 10' pole. They are praying that bison lose this game. A win by the bison would throw their football existance into further irrelevance. They will be big K-state fans that day no doubt.

Also, if K-state thinks that the current bison team is on par with the 2010 team they saw in Lawrence, they will be in for a big surprise. That was a descent densive squad in 2010, but our offense is night and day different. Who would you take . . . 2010 Jose Mohler or 2013 Brock Jensen?

ndsubison1
06-10-2013, 04:12 AM
The UND folks won't touch this thread with a 10' pole. They are praying that bison lose this game. A win by the bison would throw their football existance into further irrelevance. They will be big K-state fans that day no doubt.

Also, if K-state thinks that the current bison team is on par with the 2010 team they saw in Lawrence, they will be in for a big surprise. That was a descent densive squad in 2010, but our offense is night and day different. Who would you take . . . 2010 Jose Mohler or 2013 Brock Jensen?

and ksu is a legit opponent. und fans cant use the "bad fbs team" mantra

MNLonghorn10
06-10-2013, 04:30 AM
2010 jose mohler. easily

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-10-2013, 05:28 AM
2010 jose mohler. easily

Honestly, you need to start working on that purple font thing.

Kansas State U
06-10-2013, 01:10 PM

I missed that game in Lorents, as did ever other Kansas State fan I'm sure.

MNLonghorn10
06-10-2013, 01:26 PM
It was 6-3. NDSU didn't muster much on offense and was outgained by the jayhawks. Each had a pick thrown in the endzone. KU missed a FG i believe and the Bison got some timely turnovers. Cale Pick was their QB after the Meyer regime and he was benched after the 1st half against NDSU. It was a pretty bad game overall.

NDSU was coming off a horrible 3-8 year in 2009. then they beat the jayhawks...then lost to that same missouri state team 3-0 but snuck into the playoffs and was one bad call/horrible final drive defense from extending their FCS playoff run and possibly winning that years FCS championship.

Basically NDSU caught stride in 2010 playoffs and that carried into 2011 & 2012 that include road victories over Minny & CSU. both arent powerhouses we all know that. but NDSU beat them down on the yardage & the scoreboard. pretty one sided games. Which i guess is all you can ask for since they only get 1 FBS game a year.

KSBisonFan
06-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Hey, Kansas State U, couple questions:

1) Will Hubert be 100% for the opener?.....didn't see him in the spring and didn't really hear an injury report.

2) How many freshman/jucos coming in for the fall will compete for starting jobs? Heard there is a decent juco coming who could help out the D-line.

The d-tackles who were rotated during the spring game were big and seemed to do a decent job. The D-ends and linebackers didn't impress me. Zimmerman will be a stud and counted on heavily.

Kansas State U
06-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Hey, Kansas State U, couple questions:

1) Will Hubert be 100% for the opener?.....didn't see him in the spring and didn't really hear an injury report. Yes, coach held him out only as a precaution

2) How many freshman/jucos coming in for the fall will compete for starting jobs? Heard there is a decent juco coming who could help out the D-line.

The d-tackles who were rotated during the spring game were big and seemed to do a decent job. The D-ends and linebackers didn't impress me. Zimmerman will be a stud and counted on heavily.

The front 7, moreso the DLine, will be intriguing. Devon Nash - Juco DE, will be expected to contribute immediately. As for freshman - the only two I could see making an impact are Tanner Wood, DE and Nick Ramirez, LB. Needless to say, coach would prefer to redshirt all freshman, but we'll see.

The evolution of offenses within the Big 12, starting with OU and Texas Tech have really changed things over the past decade +. Back in the mid-90's thru about 2005, offenses were more run oriented or at the very most 50/50 run pass. Now there are several different offensive schemes - from 50/50 to 80% pass to option QB, etc. It's fun to watch, but I'm sure very difficult to game plan for week in and week out.

HerdBot
06-10-2013, 03:42 PM
It was 6-3. NDSU didn't muster much on offense and was outgained by the jayhawks. Each had a pick thrown in the endzone. KU missed a FG i believe and the Bison got some timely turnovers. Cale Pick was their QB after the Meyer regime and he was benched after the 1st half against NDSU. It was a pretty bad game overall.

NDSU was coming off a horrible 3-8 year in 2009. then they beat the jayhawks...then lost to that same missouri state team 3-0 but snuck into the playoffs and was one bad call/horrible final drive defense from extending their FCS playoff run and possibly winning that years FCS championship.

Basically NDSU caught stride in 2010 playoffs and that carried into 2011 & 2012 that include road victories over Minny & CSU. both arent powerhouses we all know that. but NDSU beat them down on the yardage & the scoreboard. pretty one sided games. Which i guess is all you can ask for since they only get 1 FBS game a year.

With our style of football we dont beat anyone down with flashy stats anyway. The Gophers game had 2 posessions in the first quarter. Our flashy stats come on defense and in the top category

The 2010 offense was mediocre and the qb play was embarrassing. Night and day with today's teams and our defense is way better

BisonNeil
06-10-2013, 05:25 PM
The Gophers game had 2 posessions in the first quarter.

I don't think that is correct.

The Goofs had a long sustained drive and scored a TD on their first possession. The Bison had their first drive kept alive by two defensive penalties by the Goofs, but time expired in the first quarter and the Bison scored their first TD on the first play of the second quarter.

The Goofs then got the ball back and punted (??), Bison scored again, then they threw the pick in the waning seconds of the 2nd quarter to Heagle who lateraled/fumbled to MWill for the score.

So, by my recollection it was one possession in the first quarter and two possessions in the second quarter.

KSBisonFan
06-10-2013, 05:38 PM
With our style of football we dont beat anyone down with flashy stats anyway. The Gophers game had 2 posessions in the first quarter. Our flashy stats come on defense and in the top category

The 2010 offense was mediocre and the qb play was embarrassing. Night and day with today's teams and our defense is way better

I don't think that is correct.

The Goofs had a long sustained drive and scored a TD on their first possession. The Bison had their first drive kept alive by two defensive penalties by the Goofs, but time expired in the first quarter and the Bison scored their first TD on the first play of the second quarter.

The Goofs then got the ball back and punted (??), Bison scored again, then they threw the pick in the waning seconds of the 2nd quarter to Heagle who lateraled/fumbled to MWill for the score.

So, by my recollection it was one possession in the first quarter and two possessions in the second quarter.

If I could neg rep myself for giving into this worthless debate, I would.

Drive Chart (By Quarter)

Drive Started Drive Ended Consumed
Team Qtr Spot Time Obtained Spot Time How Lost Pl-Yds TOP
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MINN 1st M32 15:00 Kickoff N00 08:39 *TOUCHDOWN 13-68 6:21
NDSU 1st N35 08:39 Kickoff M00 14:57 *TOUCHDOWN 11-65 8:42

Can we talk about K-State now instead of beating the past to death?

thebigund
06-10-2013, 07:47 PM

Consider it touched by my pole. If I could have both teams lose this game that would be the ultimate. I hate NDSU obviously but the k state fans seem to think their shit don't stink ala ndsu fans so I wouldn't mind seeing them brought back down to earth. It's my ND pride and disdain for FBS fans with their noses in the air vs my hate of NDSU..... The only positive is that one of you will lose.

Tatanka
06-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Consider it touched by my pole. If I could have both teams lose this game that would be the ultimate. I hate NDSU obviously but the k state fans seem to think their shit don't stink ala ndsu fans so I wouldn't mind seeing them brought back down to earth. It's my ND pride and disdain for FBS fans with their noses in the air vs my hate of NDSU..... The only positive is that one of you will lose.And uN_ will continue to be irrelevant.

PaBizon
06-11-2013, 03:24 PM
I saw coach Snyder speak earlier this year at the Fiesta bowl. Class act and you could tell by his comments a person with values above just winning games. Wish K Sate well in every game but this one and will be at the game with a mix of fans from both sides cheering for a Bizon upset.

Bison Dan
06-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Consider it touched by my pole. If I could have both teams lose this game that would be the ultimate. I hate NDSU obviously but the k state fans seem to think their shit don't stink ala ndsu fans so I wouldn't mind seeing them brought back down to earth. It's my ND pride and disdain for FBS fans with their noses in the air vs my hate of NDSU..... The only positive is that one of you will lose.You should just replace "hate" with "I'm Jealous of" - Might as well own up to it.....

BisonNeil
06-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but the Bleacher Report is predicting a pretty hefty blowout of NDSU by K State. Talk about no respect. Wow...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1668804-big-12-football-week-1-predictions-for-every-team-in-2013#/articles/1668804-big-12-football-week-1-predictions-for-every-team-in-2013/page/3

What's so odd about this particular prediction is that against W Virginia, he predicts that William and Mary's defense will expose holes in Holgerson's offense. Weird...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1668804-big-12-football-week-1-predictions-for-every-team-in-2013#/articles/1668804-big-12-football-week-1-predictions-for-every-team-in-2013/page/6

In total defense last year NDSU #1, W&M #45. In scoring defense, NDSU #1, W&M #50.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
06-11-2013, 08:01 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but the Bleacher Report is predicting a pretty hefty blowout of NDSU by K State. Talk about no respect. Wow...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1668804-big-12-football-week-1-predictions-for-every-team-in-2013#/articles/1668804-big-12-football-week-1-predictions-for-every-team-in-2013/page/3

They're probably mistaking us for the team up north (UND) or the team down south (SDSU).:) Still though, wow...:facepalm: Time show them what bison football is about.:fight:

SDbison
06-11-2013, 08:57 PM

What's so odd about this particular prediction is that against W Virginia, he predicts that William and Mary's defense will expose holes in Holgerson's offense. Weird...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1668804-big-12-football-week-1-predictions-for-every-team-in-2013#/articles/1668804-big-12-football-week-1-predictions-for-every-team-in-2013/page/6

In total defense last year NDSU #1, W&M #45. In scoring defense, NDSU #1, W&M #50. Must be consulting MNlonghorn for their score prediction.......42 - 13. This guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

Bison 4 Life
06-11-2013, 09:00 PM

In total defense last year NDSU #1, W&M #45. In scoring defense, NDSU #1, W&M #50.

They know the Bison would murder either EKU or MoSt, right?

Kansas State U
06-11-2013, 09:03 PM

The score sounds about right to me.

CAS4127
06-11-2013, 09:05 PM

Wanna put a wager on that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
06-11-2013, 10:16 PM
I will take NDSU +29 everyday.

Dewey

BisonNation11
06-12-2013, 12:54 AM

Include me in on that bet! I NEVER gamble but even I can see this is an easy money maker.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-12-2013, 01:35 AM
I will take NDSU +29 everyday.

Dewey

NDSU +29. I would put 10G down easily.

I'm not joking.

thebigund
06-12-2013, 02:31 AM

Only a fool would put money on that..... I know I hate NDSU and they are a big 12 team and all but there's no way NDSU gets blown out based on experience and style of play.

HerdBot
06-12-2013, 03:22 AM

I predict the NDSU defense won't allow the 44th point till the UNI or Missouri State game, and that's assuming we pick up an 11th home game!

ndsubison1
06-12-2013, 04:08 AM
ndsu will not give up 40+ to ksu. 35+ is even a stretch

90 BISON
06-12-2013, 04:20 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl:

29 point spread is ridiculous maybe 17 points. We are underdogs in this game no question, and K-State is by far the best BCS team we have played under Coach Bohl.

sambini
06-15-2013, 04:31 PM
As Scott Miller would say MY OH MY.... 29 is a large spread...

westnodak93bison
06-15-2013, 06:38 PM
29 pts? pfffttttt..... only in the purple cloud of make believe
2012 final Sagarin have K-State favored by 13.29 at home.
K-State loses a lot of players and key leadership. NDSU loses a few players. First game of the season with K-State having significant pieces of their puzzle to figure out.
Highly unlikely the spread should be over 10 imho.

sambini
06-16-2013, 04:12 AM
How close is the airport to the stadium. Might be on a private plane....

BisoninNWMN
06-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Bison win this game.

K State needs to replace 9 starters on the defense. No way are they playing 'together' 100% on the 1st game of the year. Their O-line will be good but the Bison defense should be up for the challenge.

Bison 24-20

Shadowbison
06-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Bison win this game.

K State needs to replace 9 starters on the defense. No way are they playing 'together' 100% on the 1st game of the year. Their O-line will be good but the Bison defense should be up for the challenge.

Bison 24-20
Your right, this is not a good game for their d to work on their chemistry! A few mistakes and we are in this game. I'm most interested in our d-line matchup with their good o-line. Tampa 2 is predicated on getting pressure with the front 4. If we can't do that it could be a long game

td577
06-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Your right, this is not a good game for their d to work on their chemistry! A few mistakes and we are in this game. I'm most interested in our d-line matchup with their good o-line. Tampa 2 is predicated on getting pressure with the front 4. If we can't do that it could be a long game

In this part of the game, the d-line plays more like a FBS team in the fashion there is a constant rotation of fresh guys. As long as guys are healthy and players like Luecke can go back to his regular amount of plays, we should be able to eventually get some pressure from the front four. If this was the Bison team from the end of 2012, our d-line is in trouble. We were way too shallow on the d-line then to play a FBS school.

Shadowbison
06-17-2013, 01:42 AM
In this part of the game, the d-line plays more like a FBS team in the fashion there is a constant rotation of fresh guys. As long as guys are healthy and players like Luecke can go back to his regular amount of plays, we should be able to eventually get some pressure from the front four. If this was the Bison team from the end of 2012, our d-line is in trouble. We were way too shallow on the d-line then to play a FBS school.

yes, we wil have more depth. will Perry be for sure 100% for the first game?

OnagaCat
06-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Manhattan Regional is west of town. It's about 8-10 miles to the stadium so you will need ground transportation of some sort. Hertz and Enterprise are both at the airport and taxi/limo service is also available.

http://www.flymhk.com/index.aspx?nid=113

GOBISON123
07-10-2013, 09:00 PM

This what I think K state will do.

a) Kats Force/trick/dare Bison to throw the ball more.
b) Kats delay draws to wear down our D and get the ball safely to their playmakers
c) Kats switch their QB in second half for a more running game
d) Play more of a running game with screen passes , or run quick options and throw long passes occasionally

tmcats
07-11-2013, 03:02 PM
k-state will take whatever they think ndsu is giving. snyder likes a balanced attack. so, expecting something when playing his squads is a bit of a challenge because he's all about adjustments at the line of scrimmage rather than, for example, game-planning the first 20 plays or such. on defense, look for a bend don't break approach, i.e. this is not a blitz style d. special teams normally make significant contributions in k-state victories and don't when they lose.

GOBISON123
07-11-2013, 04:10 PM
They got 8 months to prepare for this game and lot of tapes from the past 3 years that Bison have played all those games.

tmcats
07-11-2013, 04:53 PM
i'm calling it close at half - maybe 10-7 bison or 13-10 cats - but then the cats pull away to a 31-17 win based on depth, speed and snyder's skill at making adjustments.

TAILG8R
07-11-2013, 05:00 PM
i'm calling it close at half - maybe 10-7 bison or 13-10 cats - but then the cats pull away to a 31-17 win based on depth, speed and snyder's skill at making adjustments.

I would say if it is close at half the exact opposite happens. Bison win based on conditioning, skill and Bohl's ability to make adjustments (he has shown this time and time again).

Bison Dan
07-11-2013, 05:04 PM
i'm calling it close at half - maybe 10-7 bison or 13-10 cats - but then the cats pull away to a 31-17 win based on depth, speed and snyder's skill at making adjustments.I think you'll be surprised by our physical play and speed.

tmcats
07-11-2013, 05:06 PM
I think you'll be surprised by our physical play and speed.

both teams are physical. both have big head bangers. but i doubt ndsu can run with k-state throughout the game, particularly in the second half when depth matters most. that's why i believe the game turns then particularly if it's kansas-hot that august night.

tcbison
07-11-2013, 05:22 PM
both teams are physical. both have big head bangers. but i doubt ndsu can run with k-state throughout the game, particularly in the second half when depth matters most. that's why i believe the game turns then particularly if it's kansas-hot that august night.

K-State has more depth especially if any injuries occur. NDSU has the advantage with experience. I don't think weather will be a factor though.

Bisonator98
07-11-2013, 05:29 PM
k-state will take whatever they think ndsu is giving. snyder likes a balanced attack. so, expecting something when playing his squads is a bit of a challenge because he's all about adjustments at the line of scrimmage rather than, for example, game-planning the first 20 plays or such. on defense, look for a bend don't break approach, i.e. this is not a blitz style d. special teams normally make significant contributions in k-state victories and don't when they lose.

Sounds like the Bison's game too! Should be a ton of fun!! Can't wait for 8/30!!!

td577
07-11-2013, 05:56 PM
I have repeatedly said that 99/100 fbs should always beat fcs teams simply because of depth. Across the board, that has been close to being true. 90/100 times, something like that.

That being said, the Bison play differently than just about every other FCS program in the nation in regards to utilizing depth. Given the attrition of the KSU program and the Bison program really being built for this season, the depth issue becomes less of an issue.

It's been we'll documented already this is a lot of Bison player's fifth or sixth effective season by counting up games. If you are on the depth chart, you play.

The Bison will have more overall experience. They will be well conditioned. They play defense as a unit. KSU has a lot of changes at a lot of positions and with everyone moving up one spot on the depth chart opens up a lot of positions with little to no experience.

I have no illusions that the Bison should be favored, but some of the factors that usually plague FCS programs are negated by the Bison because they expect contributions from everyone. This is clearly evident when you look at total plays by individuals team by team at the FCS level.

ndsubison1
07-11-2013, 06:40 PM
K-State has more depth especially if any injuries occur. NDSU has the advantage with experience. I don't think weather will be a factor though.

We can't play in cold weather. Now we can't play in hot weather. I've heard it all.

We have surprisingly good depth for an fcs team. Ksu could take advantage by going hurry up and limiting our subbing and chipping away at us. That's the style we struggle most against. Fortunately Ksu doesn't play that style

TAILG8R
07-11-2013, 06:49 PM

I think you will be surprised who well the Bison will 'run with' the cats from beginning to end. I also expect a few cats to run a little slower and a little more timid toward the end of this game.

tmcats
07-11-2013, 07:04 PM
I think you will be surprised who well the Bison will 'run with' the cats from beginning to end. I also expect a few cats to run a little slower and a little more timid toward the end of this game.

reality is neither of us know how these match-ups will go because there's little commonality to compare. that's what makes it so interesting. when stoops brings his sooners, we know what we're going to see. same with texas and oSu. but here, no one wearing purple knows what the bison will be until the game's on. and that's going to be a hoot in the newly renovated digs. that we know for sure.

TAILG8R
07-11-2013, 07:20 PM
reality is neither of us know how these match-ups will go because there's little commonality to compare. that's what makes it so interesting. when stoops brings his sooners, we know what we're going to see. same with texas and oSu. but here, no one wearing purple knows what the bison will be until the game's on. and that's going to be a hoot in the newly renovated digs. that we know for sure.

I agree, I think this will be a fun game to watch because as you said there is no history. I also tend to believe that even though the cats know this is not your average FCS team there will be at least some surprise at the level of football NDSU will bring.

westnodak93bison
07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
The attention factor could be the difference maker IMHO. Kids go to K-State to play the big boys of the Big 12. I have a hard time believing they can come in with their A game and good focus. It's human nature.

CaBisonFan
07-11-2013, 08:40 PM
I agree, I think this will be a fun game to watch because as you said there is no history. I also tend to believe that even though the cats know this is not your average FCS team there will be at least some surprise at the level of football NDSU will bring.

This is correct...and we'll be better than some of their conference foes.

OnagaCat
07-11-2013, 08:55 PM

And on the other hand NDSU may be a bit surprised at the level of football K-State plays compared to the pathetic FBS teams they have played the last several years. Gonna be fun to see how it all shakes out.

SDbison
07-11-2013, 09:21 PM
And on the other hand NDSU may be a bit surprised at the level of football K-State plays compared to the pathetic FBS teams they have played the last several years. Gonna be fun to see how it all shakes out. I think Michigan was very surprised at how well Appy State played several years ago.

MN_BISON
07-11-2013, 09:21 PM
And on the other hand NDSU may be a bit surprised at the level of football K-State plays compared to the pathetic FBS teams they have played the last several years. Gonna be fun to see how it all shakes out.

I'm going to go ahead and say no, they won't be surprised at the level of play K-State brings to the field.

CaBisonFan
07-11-2013, 10:02 PM

There won't be any surprise. It'll come down to turnovers.

Gully
07-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I expect NDSU to be very competitive and in the game to the end, losing a close game. A lot of good points have been made, but K-State will bring some unreal athletes to the contest, probably the best overall talent we've ever faced. But I think the Bison have a chance of pulling an upset, helped by a fair amount of new players for KSU compared to NDSU's very seasoned squad during the first game of the season.

GOBISON123
07-11-2013, 11:10 PM
When push comes to shove, we have always relied on Brock's ability to run, do you think we can do this against K-State.....

td577
07-11-2013, 11:53 PM
When push comes to shove, we have always relied on Brock's ability to run, do you think we can do this against K-State.....

I think if the Bison win, it will have to be on Brock's arm, not his legs. If I was an opponent, that is the way I would make you beat me. Don't let the backfield get going at all. Any of them.

Hammerhead
07-12-2013, 12:51 PM
It will be interesting to how K-State is ranked in the preseason polls with so many starters from last year missing.

Bison Dan
07-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I think if the Bison win, it will have to be on Brock's arm, not his legs. If I was an opponent, that is the way I would make you beat me. Don't let the backfield get going at all. Any of them.That's what most teams do against us, put 7 in the box. That's one reason why we have done so well against FBS competition is that they play us straight up. I'm sure KS is no different and will be arrogance enough to do it too.

Bisonator98
07-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I think if the Bison win, it will have to be on Brock's arm, not his legs. If I was an opponent, that is the way I would make you beat me. Don't let the backfield get going at all. Any of them.

I agree with you, but that's easier said then done. We have one of if not the best olines and RB tandem in FCS and probably half the FBS. We have a great weapon in Ryan Smith too who can lineup anywhere and run or catch it. Trust me KSU's defense will have their hands full.

IMO this game will ultimately come down to our Dline against their Oline. If our front 4 does not get pressure we may need to blitz more then we'd like and may get burned. Jirik, Drevlow, Emanuel and Perry will need big games! Sustained drives kill both ways!

tmcats
07-12-2013, 02:38 PM
It will be interesting to how K-State is ranked in the preseason polls with so many starters from last year missing.

http://www.philsteele.com/blogs/2013/APR13/DBApr06.html

MNLonghorn10
07-12-2013, 03:01 PM
No vtech in the top 7.. invalid!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TAILG8R
07-12-2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.philsteele.com/blogs/2013/APR13/DBApr06.html

Top 26? What kind of list goes to 26? Also it would sort of tick me off if they were ranked somewhere 26-30, playing a top 25 team sounds much better.

westnodak93bison
07-12-2013, 03:29 PM
IMHO our key is to use the full width of the field in our running game.

bri-dog
07-12-2013, 03:37 PM
IMHO our key is to use the full width of the field in our running game.

Most of the length of it wouldn't suck either...:biggrin:

westnodak93bison
07-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Most of the length of it wouldn't suck either...:biggrin:

Only after about an 8 min drive

tmcats
07-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Top 26? What kind of list goes to 26? Also it would sort of tick me off if they were ranked somewhere 26-30, playing a top 25 team sounds much better.

i didn't do the list. just posted it.

TAILG8R
07-12-2013, 04:33 PM
i didn't do the list. just posted it.

I know that. I was just commenting on the stupidity of a list of 26, like I would for a list of 51 or 201.

KSUfanPittSUalum
07-12-2013, 04:39 PM

Steele says he picked 26 because he expects one of the bottom 3 or 4 to drop down because of preseason injuries, suspensions, other preseason magazine projections, etc. He stresses this is not his projections but what he thinks the AP will do.

Hammerhead
07-12-2013, 04:59 PM
If the Bison happen to pull out a win at K-State, the voter who always casts a vote for the FCS champion in the final poll should cast another vote for NDSU.

BisonNation11
07-12-2013, 05:13 PM
If the Bison happen to pull out a win at K-State, the voter who always casts a vote for the FCS champion in the final poll should cast another vote for NDSU.

:biggrin: I see what you did there! :biggrin:

BisonAccountant44
07-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Steele says he picked 26 because he expects one of the bottom 3 or 4 to drop down because of preseason injuries, suspensions, other preseason magazine projections, etc. He stresses this is not his projections but what he thinks the AP will do.

He expects to change his preseason rankings after he see's how other people do theirs?

344Johnson
07-12-2013, 05:33 PM

Depending on where K-State is ranked...and how convincing the victory is...I could see multiple votes.

KSUfanPittSUalum
07-12-2013, 07:29 PM
He expects to change his preseason rankings after he see's how other people do theirs?

Steele's own projection has K-State at 39.
http://www.philsteele.com/miscpages/2013Top40Countdown.html

BisonAccountant44
07-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Steele's own projection has K-State at 39.
http://www.philsteele.com/miscpages/2013Top40Countdown.html

Thanks, I misunderstood. I thought the top 26 was his ranking. The whole thing makes more sense now since it's just his guess of what the actual AP poll will be.

bison_by_blood
07-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Has anyone seen a line yet? I noticed several other games are posted but found nothing for this. That's going to be the only thing I will take into account as far as objective predictions go. My guess is KSU -7.5 which would probably get bet up to -10. Anything between 7 and 10 is reasonable IMO. 10.5 to 14 I would be surprised but not shocked. Anything above that would be just plain ridiculous.

BisonNeil
07-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Has anyone seen a line yet? I noticed several other games are posted but found nothing for this. That's going to be the only thing I will take into account as far as objective predictions go. My guess is KSU -7.5 which would probably get bet up to -10. Anything between 7 and 10 is reasonable IMO. 10.5 to 14 I would be surprised but not shocked. Anything above that would be just plain ridiculous.

I am not sure I have ever seen a vegas line between a FBS and a FCS school in college football.

VanClubPres
07-13-2013, 11:28 PM
I don't think the Bison would have won the title that year. Honestly, the Big Fluff plays the right type of ball for NDSU to compete with. Maybe we could have though, how cool would that be? That in my first three years of college NDSU could have three titles? Insane!

I disagree. Perhaps it is the "competitive arrogance" but the Post-Championship tailgate discussion the last two years inevitably turns to "should've been back-to-back" or this should've been number three" the last two years.

BisonNation11
07-13-2013, 11:34 PM
I disagree. Perhaps it is the "competitive arrogance" but the Post-Championship tailgate discussion the last two years inevitably turns to "should've been back-to-back" or this should've been number three" the last two years.

I agree with this. It's hard to stop a freight train. The team had finally found their winning groove and the only thing that stopped them was bad eye sight and someone up past their bedtime.

SamsRams
07-14-2013, 12:15 AM
I am not sure I have ever seen a vegas line between a FBS and a FCS school in college football.

LVH sets a line for almost every FCS FBS game. It wont be posted until the day of the game...........maybe on Thursday but most likely Friday

Offshore lists it at around KSU -17.5

Shadowbison
07-14-2013, 10:42 PM
LVH sets a line for almost every FCS FBS game. It wont be posted until the day of the game...........maybe on Thursday but most likely Friday

Offshore lists it at around KSU -17.5
I saw that too. I'm not saying we will win, but 17 seems a bit too high. What do ya'll think?

tmcats
07-14-2013, 11:22 PM
i have it 31-17. but i don't bet on anything but a sure thing.

SamsRams
07-14-2013, 11:25 PM
I saw that too. I'm not saying we will win, but 17 seems a bit too high. What do ya'll think?

I hope it opens that high and I hope they offer a money line bet at that number. I see it closing around 13.5

GOBISON123
07-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Believe me, we are going to win. I dont know the margin I cannot predict the score, but I will tell you this much, we will win. I will not be pretty, boy it will be a war but well will win.

tmcats
07-15-2013, 12:06 AM
how do you know that?

MN_BISON
07-15-2013, 12:11 AM
how do you know that?

He's the Amazing Kreskin's love child, the gift must run in the family.
:D

GOBISON123
07-15-2013, 12:39 AM
how do you know that?

We will win

GOBISON123
07-15-2013, 12:53 AM
He's the Amazing Kreskin's love child, the gift must run in the family.
:D

:) we will win

ndsubison1
07-15-2013, 04:06 AM
how do you know that?

any dumb person would pick against us :D

GOBISON123
07-15-2013, 04:47 AM
any dumb person would pick against us :D

LOL

I know this is a cliche , but more than anybody Brock and Marcus Williams have a huge target painted on their back. Kansas Wildcats are definitely going to test Brock's ability to throw and test/challenge Marcus Williams for interception of Pick 6. I know this is coming. In the end we will win.

tony
07-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Depending on where K-State is ranked...and how convincing the victory is...I could see multiple votes.

The unfortunate truth is that whenever NDSU beats a BCS team, it's because the other team is The Worst Team In Division I, Possibly Ever (no offense to Idaho.)

I hope that Kansas State wins every other game on their schedule.

tcbison
07-15-2013, 01:56 PM
The unfortunate truth is that whenever NDSU beats a BCS team, it's because the other team is The Worst Team In Division I, Possibly Ever (no offense to Idaho.)

I hope that Kansas State wins every other game on their schedule.

Agreed. Heck, I wanted Kansas State to win the FBS last year. After the first game I will be a big K-State fan.

MNLonghorn10
07-15-2013, 01:56 PM
They ain't beating Texas!

westnodak93bison
07-15-2013, 02:07 PM

You are probably right. Its tough to beat a team every time they meet over an entire decade. The odds are in favor of Texas ending the K State decade of dominance.

tony
07-15-2013, 02:17 PM

That's that old Alamo spirit!

Or is Texas opting out of the game this year?

tmcats
07-15-2013, 03:28 PM
lol on horny opting out.

KSUfanPittSUalum
07-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Texas seems to have the media and pundits behind them, but if their defense does not learn how to tackle, it will be another long football season in Austin.

MNLonghorn10
07-16-2013, 12:22 AM
Texas seems to have the media and pundits behind them, but if their defense does not learn how to tackle, it will be another long football season in Austin.
its whats happen when your overpaid dc has 0 career tackles in his life

westnodak93bison
07-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Texas...pfttttt. Texas, Texas, Hee Haw!
Isn't that one of their stupid cheers?

GOBISON123
07-23-2013, 12:12 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670&t=11159031&p=20

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
07-23-2013, 12:29 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670&t=11159031&p=20

Things are getting really stupid over there. Our fans are acting like complete dumb asses. They seem to think we are playing another bottom feeder FBS program. I've got news for everyone, this isn't CSU, Minny, or CMU.

We are about to play in an atmosphere and against a team the likes of which we have never seen before. Sure, we could win, but everything, absolutely everything, has to go right for this to happen. JMO.

GOBISON123
07-23-2013, 12:41 AM
I agree with LITTLEGUYSINGREEN instead of getting a good idea about wildcat players and possible threats there are some bison fans just filling up their message board with random nonsense and not letting any wildcat fans express their opinion. Its crazy.

BisoninNWMN
07-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Things are getting really stupid over there. Our fans are acting like complete dumb asses. They seem to think we are playing another bottom feeder FBS program. I've got news for everyone, this isn't CSU, Minny, or CMU.

We are about to play in an atmosphere and against a team the likes of which we have never seen before. Sure, we could win, but everything, absolutely everything, has to go right for this to happen. JMO.

They put their uniforms on the same way as the Bison. Is this a good FBS program?....yes. Is it great?....no

Last year would have been more of a nightmare for the Bison. There is not going to be such a huge gap in talent. The Bison have played together for 3 seasons now...most of them, and I'm pretty sure they can handle whatever K-State can throw at them.

This will be a very good game that could go either way, IMO. K-State fans are going to be surprised how good NDSU is.

Respect K-State....yes. But go smack them in the mouth and kick some ass!!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
07-23-2013, 01:33 AM
They put their uniforms on the same way as the Bison. Is this a good FBS program?....yes. Is it great?....no

Last year would have been more of a nightmare for the Bison. There is not going to be such a huge gap in talent. The Bison have played together for 3 seasons now...most of them, and I'm pretty sure they can handle whatever K-State can throw at them.

This will be a very good game that could go either way, IMO. K-State fans are going to be surprised how good NDSU is.

Respect K-State....yes. But go smack them in the mouth and kick some ass!!

This is what is lacking.

Oh, I think we can win as well, but I sure as hell am not going on their board and smack talking them.

Just imagine how we would treat Ferris State fans if they came on here talking smack.

westnodak93bison
07-23-2013, 04:07 AM
From what I can tell there are two guys smacking over there.

BisoninNWMN
07-23-2013, 11:15 AM
This is what is lacking.

Oh, I think we can win as well, but I sure as hell am not going on their board and smack talking them.

Just imagine how we would treat Ferris State fans if they came on here talking smack.

Agree.

I went over there to look and it is the same two guys that usually fu** up other team's message boards.

SDbison
07-23-2013, 02:33 PM
This is what is lacking.

Just imagine how we would treat Ferris State fans if they came on here talking smack. Ferris State is D2.........an entire division below FCS and with nearly half the scholarships of FCS. NDSU is FCS, a subdivision along with FBS at the DI level. Only one third less scholarships for FCS teams as compared to FBS. NDSU is suppported like a FBS team through outstanding home and away attendance and great teammaker funding. Then there is the fact this NDSU team is just shy of having won the FCS playoffs 3 years in a row. Up until recently the FCS has been quite stable with many top level teams. D2 is much watered down and that allows schools like Ferris State to excel.
What i am trying to say is there is a bit more association of FCS with FBS or DI-AA with DI-A. And the great success of the current Bison team places them on par with a very good FBS team in Kansas State that lost a bunch of key players from last year. And just because you talk confidently and competitively on another teams messageboard without being an ass does not make it smack. Some Bisonvillers are smack sensitive. Just sayin!

SDbison
07-23-2013, 02:39 PM
At least I am not afraid to talk on another teams messageboard and won't give excuses like others here such as only smack happens there, or we are just lowly NDSU and can't possibly have anything in common. Get your butts over and talk up the game if you are such perfect and knowlegable Bison fans! Don't be "fraidy cats". Get the pun?.......they are the wildcats......ha ha!

SDbison
07-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Best of all, having more voices of reason over at the real Kansas State messageboard (the scout one) can help drown out the loonie and smack posts. Give them some props, but stand up for NDSU's winning tradition and pride in success against FBS teams. Of course, they are going to say NDSU has not played the tougher FBS teams, but I don't think the start of this years Kansas State team will be at that level yet. They are banking on that and belittling a tough, talented, confident and experienced team the Bison will bring into their stadium along with a damn good fan following for a FCS team.

GradBison
07-23-2013, 03:03 PM
At least I am not afraid to talk on another teams messageboard and won't give excuses like others here such as only smack happens there, or we are just lowly NDSU and can't possibly have anything in common. Get your butts over and talk up the game if you are such perfect and knowlegable Bison fans! Don't be "fraidy cats". Get the pun?.......they are the wildcats......ha ha!

Is there anything you're afraid of SD? I know chest bumps, but anything else? :D

SDbison
07-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Is there anything you're afraid of SD? I know chest bumps, but anything else? :D Well, I am afraid of running out of things to say or post.....ha ha.

SDbison
07-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Is there anything you're afraid of SD? I know chest bumps, but anything else? :D Also, now that you mention it I am afraid of wrecking my knees during the chest bumps........even though my 2 inch vertical is diminishing the aggressiveness of some drunk chest bumps has caused some off balance landings. Last year my hard hat got cracked from such an encounter. God, I love tailgating though! Go Bison!
PS: ..........and I love jagbombs too, and of course road trips and Bison victories!

BisonFan02
07-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Also, now that you mention it I am afraid of wrecking my knees during the chest bumps........even though my 2 inch vertical is diminishing the aggressiveness of some drunk chest bumps has caused some off balance landings. Last year my hard hat got cracked from such an encounter. God, I love tailgating though! Go Bison!
PS: ..........and I love jagbombs too, and of course road trips and Bison victories!

numerous consecutive chest bump collisions with SD over at the Frisco Cruiser last fall put the hurt on me for sure. Haha

GradBison
07-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Also, now that you mention it I am afraid of wrecking my knees during the chest bumps........even though my 2 inch vertical is diminishing the aggressiveness of some drunk chest bumps has caused some off balance landings. Last year my hard hat got cracked from such an encounter. God, I love tailgating though! Go Bison!

http://www.halklailiskiler.com/resim/750/750/Almanya--da-like-tu--u-yasaklaniyor_1314016539.jpg

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
07-23-2013, 06:27 PM
From what I can tell there are two guys smacking over there.

More than two, but whatever.

The KSU posters on that board where more than level headed and hospitable until some of our fans came on there and started chest pumping and demanding respect. KSU does not have one single reason to give us any respect. Respect is earned, not given.

Anyway, it really doesn't pay to go over there now as the damage has already been done. They have now lumped all our fans into one group and will not give any of us the benefit of the doubt. This has pretty much become standard operating procedure as of late.

BisoninNWMN
07-24-2013, 12:43 AM

I was referring to lakes and JBB.

GOBISON123
07-24-2013, 04:02 AM
http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072213aab.html

SamsRams
07-24-2013, 05:33 AM
http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072213aab.html

Good stuff, here is that same presser with video and audio

https://twitter.com/BisoNation/status/359460276266995712

LynchMob42
07-29-2013, 07:28 PM
The KSU posters on that board where more than level headed and hospitable until some of our fans came on there and started chest pumping and demanding respect. KSU does not have one single reason to give us any respect. Respect is earned, not given.

I think your football program has earned lots of respect, as has your coach. Your success in FCS is, and has been, outstanding. Your ability to compete with FBS teams. I think any informed K-State fan knows as much. (BTW, GoEMAW is not the place to find intelligent sports discussions)

Now, I do think that playing at Kansas State is a big step up from any FBS game that NDSU has faced to this point. K-State isn't going to be a great FBS team this year, but they'll be a good FBS team. I believe K-State will finish in the top four in a wide-open Big 12.

K-State will be an entirely new defense this year, so trying to predict how good they'll be is tough. Expectations are tempered.
Offensively, this team will flat out move the ball. They did so last year with some of the highest numbers in FBS in yards per snap. That statistic showed that while K-State didn't rush to the line as often as Oregon or Baylor..... they did move the ball extremely well with each snap. Much of that success can be attributed to an outstanding offensive line that returns this year. The strength of this offensive line, in my opinion, is what will make the biggest difference in this August 30th matchup.

In conclusion, I personally have a lot of respect for your coach and your team's accomplishments. I look forward to hosting your avid fanbase in Manhattan. But, I think statements like being better than half of the Big 12 are way overblown.

Bisonator98
07-29-2013, 08:00 PM
I think your football program has earned lots of respect, as has your coach. Your success in FCS is, and has been, outstanding. Your ability to compete with FBS teams. I think any informed K-State fan knows as much. (BTW, GoEMAW is not the place to find intelligent sports discussions)

Now, I do think that playing at Kansas State is a big step up from any FBS game that NDSU has faced to this point. K-State isn't going to be a great FBS team this year, but they'll be a good FBS team. I believe K-State will finish in the top four in a wide-open Big 12.

K-State will be an entirely new defense this year, so trying to predict how good they'll be is tough. Expectations are tempered.
Offensively, this team will flat out move the ball. They did so last year with some of the highest numbers in FBS in yards per snap. That statistic showed that while K-State didn't rush to the line as often as Oregon or Baylor..... they did move the ball extremely well with each snap. Much of that success can be attributed to an outstanding offensive line that returns this year. The strength of this offensive line, in my opinion, is what will make the biggest difference in this August 30th matchup.

In conclusion, I personally have a lot of respect for your coach and your team's accomplishments. I look forward to hosting your avid fanbase in Manhattan. But, I think statements like being better than half of the Big 12 are way overblown.

Good post! Can't wait til 8/30!! GO BISON!!!

OnagaCat
07-29-2013, 08:50 PM
From an article in SB Nation. Obviously the departure of CK will have some impact but expect to see the multiple formations mentioned if they are needed. If LHCBS can have success against NDSU running between the tackles that's what we will see IMHO but if need be either of the two frontrunners at QB are fully capable of running what CK did last year:

"Credit Coach Snyder and his coaching staff for throwing a kitchen sink-style of play-calling at opponents on a weekly basis. While the versatility and play making ability of Heisman front-runner Collin Klein obviously is essential, the diversity of alignments and plays deserves an equal share of the acclaim. No other team in the nation has as much variation on a play-to-play basis as the Kansas State Wildcats. They run a plethora of things, and run them all well.

The Kansas State offense can go from an empty-backfield pass play, to a two tight-end, I-Formation power run play, to a three-receiver, pistol-formation speed option on three consecutive plays. If an opposing defense is lucky enough to hold them to a fourth-and-short, the Wildcats will simply have their 6’5, 226-pound quarterback line up in a Wildcat Formation and follow two blocking backs and a pulling guard. Nine times out of 10, Klein is going to ram his way forward and get the first down."

I'm not worried about our offense at all. Defense, not so much.