PDA

View Full Version : I predict new attendance records

tony
06-05-2013, 10:05 PM
http://www.gobison.com/news/2013/6/3/SOC_0603132831.aspx

(http://www.gobison.com/news/2013/6/3/SOC_0603132831.aspx)9 games at Dacotah Field, 2 under the lights.

Dang, I'd go to those if I lived in Fargo.

roadwarrior
06-05-2013, 11:59 PM
This will be a nice home field! The fans will be much closer to the field, and the setting should block some of the strong winds that affect play on the old field. I wonder if they will start to charge admission to these games. It surprises me that they charge for softball games but not soccer games. Attendance at soccer easily surpasses the attendance at softball.

Hopefully NDSU will find the money to complete the paint removal on the remainder of the stands.

SDbison
06-08-2013, 05:13 PM
This will be a nice home field! The fans will be much closer to the field, and the setting should block some of the strong winds that affect play on the old field. I wonder if they will start to charge admission to these games. It surprises, that they charge for softball games but not soccer games. Attendance at soccer easily surpasses the attendance at softball.

Hopefully NDSU will find the money to complete the paint removal on the remainder of the stands. Ha ha, now that is funny or pathetic, or both. NDSU didn't have enough money to clean the toxic paint off all of the stands? Are they going to mark off a few sections with skull and cross bone tape. Again the cheap ass state of North Dakota that adds millions in excess revenue to the state bank everyday just can't provide some maintenance money for its facilities. New low. Hey, how is that BSA renovation coming?........yep $10,000 saved from not cleaning up /Dacotah field bleachers can now be applied to funds for BSA. The bad news......construction costs just went up another $100,000. Brilliant leadership!

HerdBot
06-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Ha ha, now that is funny or pathetic, or both. NDSU didn't have enough money to clean the toxic paint off all of the stands? Are they going to mark off a few sections with skull and cross bone tape. Again the cheap ass state of North Dakota that adds millions in excess revenue to the state bank everyday just can't provide some maintenance money for its facilities. New low. Hey, how is that BSA renovation coming?........yep $10,000 saved from not cleaning up /Dacotah field bleachers can now be applied to funds for BSA. The bad news......construction costs just went up another $100,000. Brilliant leadership!

ND = slum lords

BTW, did you see they did HALF of the press box!! One half nice new windows. The other half is ghetto plywood over the window. As far as the rest of the bleachers they can spray a white coating over it to seal it but it still couldn't be used, but at least it will look better. Also they can get a giant bleacher cover to put over it. How about green with a Bison logo?

The person to bitch to would be Michael Ellingson, NDSU Director of Facilities . Assume its Michael.ellingson@ndsu.edu

SDbison
06-08-2013, 09:38 PM
ND = slum lords

BTW, did you see they did HALF of the press box!! One half nice new windows. The other half is ghetto plywood over the window. As far as the rest of the bleachers they can spray a white coating over it to seal it but it still couldn't be used, but at least it will look better. Also they can get a giant bleacher cover to put over it. How about green with a Bison logo?

The person to bitch to would be Michael Ellingson, NDSU Director of Facilities . Assume its Michael.ellingson@ndsu.edu I would write him if I thought it would make a dfference. Unbelievable that they did one half......totally ghetto. NDSU is the best DI school that is treated by the state legislature like it is back in DII. So backwoods........I would expect something like this out of South Dakota.

HerdBot
06-08-2013, 11:10 PM
I would write him if I thought it would make a dfference. Unbelievable that they did one half......totally ghetto. NDSU is the best DI school that is treated by the state legislature like it is back in DII. So backwoods........I would expect something like this out of South Dakota.

Maybe writing the SBOHE, governor, and state senators bitching about the up keep would help. I'm sure they would quickly start a beautification process... at UND!

North Side
06-17-2013, 12:00 AM
I can't wait to watch some soccer games at the start of school! (been at NDSU for 6 years and yet to go to a soccer game, :hide: that will change this year)

HerdBot
06-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Question on Dacotah Field.

What do the home/visitors use for a locker rooms? Did they remodel the old football locker rooms?
Are there restrooms for fans to use?
Will there be concession stands?
Have they considered building something on the west side where the tennis courts sit? I'm talking a small building with rest rooms, concessions, and storage space or locker rooms
It could be used for football camp too. I'm not talking a multi million dollar project... something inexpensive and functional

roper1313
07-11-2013, 05:15 PM
29192920Just a comment on college soccer fields. Our family was at the CWS in Omaha last month and checked out Creighton. Their soccer facility is unreal. WOW!!

b15on
07-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Well now Dacotah Fields gots itself a new scoreboard!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BO54W5lCcAAI3dg.jpg

imabison
07-11-2013, 11:30 PM
This will be a nice home field! The fans will be much closer to the field, and the setting should block some of the strong winds that affect play on the old field. I wonder if they will start to charge admission to these games. It surprises me that they charge for softball games but not soccer games. Attendance at soccer easily surpasses the attendance at softball.

Hopefully NDSU will find the money to complete the paint removal on the remainder of the stands.

I might be able to make a match or 2. I do wonder if with the new digs that they will still be free admission. I would think
they do have more control at Dacotah Field which they really did not have at the track complex.

HerdBot
07-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Well now Dacotah Fields gots itself a new scoreboard!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BO54W5lCcAAI3dg.jpg

Looks good, for those who havent seen it, they kept the old scoreboard and this is to the left of it. Its smaller than the picture makes it look.
but are there restrooms if I go to a game?