PDA

View Full Version : Possible torn Achilles for LA

Jay
05-29-2013, 12:24 AM
https://twitter.com/domizzowday/status/339533968225476608

#NDSU HC Saul Phillips tells me starting PG Lawrence Alexander"may have torn his Achilles during a sprinting exercise today; 6 month injury"
7:09pm - 28 May 13

North Side
05-29-2013, 12:27 AM
I went from thinking we are dancing this year too just depression, this is horrible!

westnodak93bison
05-29-2013, 02:02 AM
Not good. Get well soon LA!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tony
05-29-2013, 02:11 AM
Man, I hope that's not what it is.

Get well soon, LA.

Burnt_Secondary
05-29-2013, 02:12 AM
I was going to come on here all doom and gloom . . . and I do feel that way but . . . get better LA, I'm pulling for you.

HoopsBison
05-29-2013, 02:12 AM
Brutal news...thoughts with LA!

79FCourt
05-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Get well soon, LA. I recently tore my achilles also and had excellent luck with the rehab and getting back to normal. He will have top notch doctors so hopefully everything will go well and he can make it back soon.

Kujava23
05-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Feel terrible for LA and the team; it feels like BISON BASKETBALL is snake bit with crucial injuries that stand in way of big success

I can only hope LA stays positive and remains a leader for the team even if not playing

Could create opportunities for someone else to step up----Lindberg---Dupree

Mr. Burgundy
05-29-2013, 03:57 PM
I think we all share the same feelings. Snake bitten is true. Take Braun away for a ten game stretch run, now our stud PG who is just about ready to explode as a Junior....and it stinks. This brings opportunity for Joel to show what he has got. He was a very highly recruited kid that everyone wanted, it is time for him to be that kid. The year off with the knee probably has him more than excited. This is a big opportunity for him, and potentially Dupree. I am trying to stay positive and hope he can return and give us a huge shot in the arm around Christmas. This won't help during a nasty non con schedule.

Bisonator98
05-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Not good. Get well soon LA!

This injury can take 6-9 months to recover and up to a year before it's back to 100%.

herdmember
05-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Dupree on campus yet? Get well soon LA.

Mr. Burgundy
05-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Dupree on campus yet? Get well soon LA.

not on campus yet. Graduation coming up. He is tight with LA. Don't count LA out yet I am hearing. Hope for the best, brace for the worst. Joel is more of a natural PG, and will have some benefits to our team, but can't score like LA.

ndsubison1
05-30-2013, 12:47 AM
damn. might not have him for non conference games. freddy coleman bounced back nicely from a torn achilles

HoopsBison
05-30-2013, 01:04 AM
MRI for LA tomorrow, maybe we will find some better news then we all expect.

Durpree comes to campus mid June. If LA is out for as long as expected, it would make a big difference if Durpree can come offer some production from day one.

To my knowledge Lindberg still isn't 100% but isnt getting close. We are going to need him to bounce back and be the confident ball handler we recruited.

silkamilkamonico
05-30-2013, 02:43 AM
we have a veteran laden team, the best big man in marshall, arguably the best player in the summit with braun, great shooter in felt, and adding in brown, kading, and that dude that can jump out the house, and im hoping we arent banking on a freshman dupree to be a difference maker.

i dont think dupree does much just because we are loaded with solid veterans, and hes a true freshman.

Losing La hurts big time, but i still dont think there is another team in the summit that is collectively better.

HoopsBison
05-30-2013, 04:05 AM
we have a veteran laden team, the best big man in marshall, arguably the best player in the summit with braun, great shooter in felt, and adding in brown, kading, and that dude that can jump out the house, and im hoping we arent banking on a freshman dupree to be a difference maker.

i dont think dupree does much just because we are loaded with solid veterans, and hes a true freshman.

Losing La hurts big time, but i still dont think there is another team in the summit that is collectively better.

One of our weakest areas is ball handling, losing our starting pg of two years is not going to be a sniff in the park...Its not so much banking on Durpree, its more that he can be some instant offense that can create his own shot. Felt cant do that. Brown cannot do that. LA could and someone and the guard spot needs to be able to offer that....imo

silkamilkamonico
05-30-2013, 04:28 AM
I'm not so sure a freshman is going to come in and be able to create his own shot right away. To my recollection we've had exactly 2 players since NDSU went D1 then came in and did that as freshman, Woodside redshirted and LA went to prep school after high school so they both weren't even true freshman in the sense Dupree is. Freshman rarely do that at high major levels let alone mid major schools.

Dupree is a wonderful talent and will hopefully have a great future and the chance to be a cornerstone, but for him to come in as a true freshman and be able to create his own shot or make an impact on the offensive end is asking a little much IMHO. Not saying it can't/won't happen, I'll just have to see it to believe it. I just hope if he doesn't people don't start throwing him under the bus like they did Brown.

TAILG8R
05-31-2013, 04:01 PM
News much better on Bison guard Alexander, could be back for entire season (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/401581/group/homepage/)

Looks to be a partially torn achilles.

Bisonator98
05-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Sounds like good news, LA only has a partial tear, Saul expects him all season!

Bisonator98
05-31-2013, 04:03 PM
News much better on Bison guard Alexander, could be back for entire season (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/401581/group/homepage/)

Looks to be a partially torn achilles.

You just beat me!

westnodak93bison
05-31-2013, 04:17 PM
How do you spell pshew?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HoopsBison
05-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Very good news, excited for LA and the team!

DePereBisonFan
05-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Whew.....Let's hope the achilles responds to therapy.

tcbison
05-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Finally some good news for the Bison.

IzzyFlexion
06-01-2013, 03:21 PM
You just beat me!

http://cristal.inria.fr/~harley/ecdl3/pics/butthead.gif

HandoEX
06-01-2013, 03:37 PM
This is awesome news! It's still pretty scary, but we need LA to run the show to hit the team's goals. Hope he comes back better than ever.

Trim
06-04-2013, 10:04 PM
...Joel is more of a natural PG...

How is Joel's knee? I noticed he had a small wrap on it today. He seemed to have a tiny limp, but, I'm not certain about that.

344Johnson
06-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Get well soon, LA. I recently tore my achilles also and had excellent luck with the rehab and getting back to normal. He will have top notch doctors so hopefully everything will go well and he can make it back soon.

I don't understand the achilles. I've had two surgeries on the heelbone that impacted both achilles, but not as bad as a tear and neither foot is even remotely 100%, yet these guys can tear tendons or partially tear them and be back to competing at a high level within a shorter timeframe. Oof.

EndZoneQB
06-05-2013, 11:47 PM
I don't understand the achilles. I've had two surgeries on the heelbone that impacted both achilles, but not as bad as a tear and neither foot is even remotely 100%, yet these guys can tear tendons or partially tear them and be back to competing at a high level within a shorter timeframe. Oof.

Yeah...but how hard are you rehabbing? Are you out playing a sport every day? A lot of times you think it's not 100% because you never built it's strength up to match the muscles around the injury so it gets stiff/sore/weak before everything else giving you the appearance it's not 100% healed. Plus, a lot of recovery is mental. If you have the mindset that it's not 100% you are going to favor it...

344Johnson
06-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Yeah...but how hard are you rehabbing? Are you out playing a sport every day? A lot of times you think it's not 100% because you never built it's strength up to match the muscles around the injury so it gets stiff/sore/weak before everything else giving you the appearance it's not 100% healed. Plus, a lot of recovery is mental. If you have the mindset that it's not 100% you are going to favor it...

Well, I got rid of the limps both walking and running. So I don't favor either foot except if I wake up and one hurts I limp around for a bit til it goes away. No rehab. Doctor said there wasn't much I could do, and that in time it'd go away.

IzzyFlexion
06-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Well, I got rid of the limps both walking and running. So I don't favor either foot except if I wake up and one hurts I limp around for a bit til it goes away. No rehab. Doctor said there wasn't much I could do, and that in time it'd go away.

Might I recommend the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe. Here's their ad from the yellow pages.........

http://ldavisco.com/images/malpractice.jpg

silkamilkamonico
07-10-2013, 04:24 PM
anyone know how rebab is going for la?

TILIS-BisonFan
07-16-2013, 05:49 AM
doctors say the surgery went well and he is expected to make a full recovery

herdmember
07-16-2013, 03:48 PM
I thought it was a partial tear and he'd be able to start the season? Did this change or was the surgery minor?

imabison
07-27-2013, 11:11 PM
I thought it was a partial tear and he'd be able to start the season? Did this change or was the surgery minor?update in forum today
Alexander should be ready in September but Joel Lindberg may be done forever.

Tatanka
07-27-2013, 11:55 PM
update in forum today
Alexander should be ready in September but Joel Lindberg may be done forever.and Dupree will not redshirt...

HandoEX
07-28-2013, 12:30 AM
What happened with Joel?

Tatanka
07-28-2013, 01:02 AM
What happened with Joel?

it sounds like it is more of what didn't happen... His injury hasn't healed well enough to get back into the swing of things. Has docs and coaches concerned this might be the end for Joel's playing career.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

HandoEX
07-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Sick of bad news for Bison bball. Injuries, arena problems, etc. The team needs to catch a break.

b15on
09-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Jody Norstedt
‏@J_Norstedt
Also, Phillips says PG Lawrence Alexander is back to 100%. "Huge sigh of relief" for Phillips who once feared torn ACL back in May. #Bison

https://twitter.com/J_Norstedt/status/376864614333419520