PDA

View Full Version : NDSU in Western Regional

tony
05-28-2013, 02:49 PM
I know it's been mentioned elsewhere but it deserves its own thread.

Casey Orgon - NDSU's first guy to make it to the championships which he did by breaking his own school record with a throw of 216-6. Looking at the top 10 list, it looks like NDSU has made huge strides in the last decade as 7 of the NDSU's top 10 marks have come in the last four seasons.
The men's team as a whole did pretty well - they've been raising their game as a team. Great career for Travis Fitzke, but there are some talented underclassmen too.

Leslie Brost made it to the Championships again. Deborah John lowered NDSU's 100 meter record and Ashley Tingelstad continues to impress.

Buffalo.Rider
05-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Amen ...
Yes, the track and field program at NDSU has made great strides (pun intended) the last ten years, incredibly so on the women's side.

Great to see two worthy candidates going to Eugene. Best wishes and best of luck to both of them.

This year's performances bode well for the season next year. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate a little better than this year.

BR

Castor Troy
05-30-2013, 01:49 PM
I would have to disagree on the "great strides" comment. I think that the men and women have maintained a high level of performance for a long period of time. The men have been at their current level since Lars' 3rd year with some peaks- one being in 1985? with John Bodine, Steph Weiand, Kevin Donally, Tyrone Braxton, etc... and another in 2003 with Marcus Johnson and Allen Burrell. The women sent 2 athletes to nationals in 1989 (Lisa Ristau and Edie Boyer) but starting in 1990 with a peak with the national championship in 2002 they have been top notch. I guess that I am waiting for some of these talented recruiting classes to overlap a bit more. It is the cost of being a upper Midwest track team. Both teams have a full compliment of scholarships so we are certainly not a "have not" school like we were in the 80's and 90's when I was on the team.

Amen ...
Yes, the track and field program at NDSU has made great strides (pun intended) the last ten years, incredibly so on the women's side.

Great to see two worthy candidates going to Eugene. Best wishes and best of luck to both of them.

This year's performances bode well for the season next year. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate a little better than this year.

BR