PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly game

NDSUFREAK10
11-06-2006, 02:29 AM
This is a huge game this upcoming weekend. It is not to early to start talking about it. Anything from tailgating, gametime strategy, players to shine, and the electricity in the FFD that we want and need so much.

Any subject it welcome on the NDSU vs Poly game!

roadwarrior
11-06-2006, 02:47 AM
10.23.2004 Cal Poly 13 NDSU 10
10.08.2005 Cal Poly 37 NDSU 6

Does the team need any more incentive?

No_Skill
11-06-2006, 03:21 AM
It all comes down to these two games. *

We will beat Poly.

kchats
11-06-2006, 03:22 AM
One game at a time. It all comes down to Cal-Poly this Saturday. Bison need to beat Cal-Poly for the first time in the Great West and play well while doing it in the FargoDome.

chuckles
11-06-2006, 03:25 AM
pretend its the metrodome bison fans!!

sure it won't be 62k but we need that same fire and energy from the fans!

TransAmBison
11-06-2006, 03:29 AM
What our defense needs is for all of us to be quiet while they are on the field so they can concentrate!!!!! I am getting tired of having to tell everybody to sit down and be quiet.

Bison13
11-06-2006, 05:14 AM
What will it take to get people in the stands this week?? This sounds bad but all of us know there is a good chance we will be at best 15,000. I hope this is not true but do you think there should be more advertising for this game?? What can we do?!@?

SDbison
11-06-2006, 05:29 AM
What will it take to get people in the stands this week?? This sounds bad but all of us know there is a good chance we will be at best 15,000. I hope this is not true but do you think there should be more advertising for this game?? What can we do?!@?
15,000 is bullcrap! Everyone in the FM area needs to bring a couple new fans to this game. Hunters, take a break and get your butts in the stands. Students, how about a record turn out for this game! Teammakers, if you can't be there find some friends, coworkers or relatives to give you tickets to. This should be THE BIG EVENT in town. There should be no reason, even hunting, that should keep the dome from being filled. This 2006 group of Bison football players deserve your attendance and support. In 6 out of the last 7 games these guys played their heart out on the road. Give them RESPECT and SUPPORT. They deserve it! I am going yell my A$$ off at this game. Everyone needs to stand up and be heard.
Go Bison! Kick the crap out of Poly. No messing around this time!

CaBisonFan
11-06-2006, 06:07 AM
What our defense needs is for all of us to be quiet while they are on the field so they can concentrate!!!!! *I am getting tired of having to tell everybody to sit down and be quiet.

huh? r u serious? :-/

SDbison
11-06-2006, 06:22 AM
What our defense needs is for all of us to be quiet while they are on the field so they can concentrate!!!!! *I am getting tired of having to tell everybody to sit down and be quiet.

huh? *r u serious? :-/
TransAM is just poking fun at the thousands of fans that sit on their a$$ at the the Fargodome and often request active fans that cheer and stand up to "sit down and be quiet". The actual joke is that these living dead are given priority over true fans and the DomeNazis come down on many fans that are doing nothing more than cleanly cheering for the team.

BisonWarrior
11-06-2006, 12:59 PM
After watching the last game on TV and catching Bison Fever, we will have at least 12 additional people sitting with us at Cal Poly. I believe the stands will be full in spite of deer hunting. People can't help but want to be a part of something special and to show this team their support.

Herd_Mentality
11-06-2006, 02:42 PM
This game needs to be moved to the typical 7PM starting time. If it was, you'd see at least a thousand more fans for this game. It would allow every hunter within reasonable driving distance to hunt all day AND make the game.

Stupid Harvest Bowl...why does it deserve an early start time?

IowaBison
11-06-2006, 02:55 PM
it goes both ways, herd.

i'm leaving after the game to travel back to central north dakota to hunt on Sunday on...

of course this doesn't work if you don't have access to the NDB game preserve

Herd_Mentality
11-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Don't you think it's ridiculous though? This happens every year. You can't tell me that they don't realize the normal starting time would actually put more butts in the seats.

IowaBison
11-06-2006, 03:05 PM
that i don't know.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Move it to 7pm. It certainly isn't going to cost you fans to move it to this time, and I think you are going to greatly increase your turn out. Makes sense to me.

bisonaudit
11-06-2006, 05:19 PM
It's Veteran's Day weekend too, the students have been going 5 days a week for 10 or 11 weeks straight. Wether or not they're hunting a bunch of them are going to be MIA on Saturday, back home for the first long weekend in ages.

This weekend is always a tough draw.

WYOBISONMAN
11-06-2006, 05:32 PM
I pick NDSU is a close one. Folks, this will go to the wire.............

NDSUFREAK10
11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
It is a long weekend for students. But the students that have been at the games this year will relize that this season is special. Their parents will (and should) understand that they have to support their school. Hell, they went to college too. They know what this is about.

Junior
11-06-2006, 10:28 PM
It's Veteran's Day weekend too, the students have been going 5 days a week for 10 or 11 weeks straight. *Wether or not they're hunting a bunch of them are going to be MIA on Saturday, back home for the first long weekend in ages.

Ha! That made me laugh! I have been going 5-6 days a week for 10-11 years. ;D ;D

NDSUFREAK10
11-06-2006, 10:30 PM
It's Veteran's Day weekend too, the students have been going 5 days a week for 10 or 11 weeks straight. *Wether or not they're hunting a bunch of them are going to be MIA on Saturday, back home for the first long weekend in ages.

Ha! *That made me laugh! *I have been going 5-6 days a week for 10-11 years. * ;D ;D

That is a good call!

Junior
11-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Ok, there might have been this one time I took a vacation... ;)

bisonaudit
11-06-2006, 10:35 PM

Ha! *That made me laugh! *I have been going 5-6 days a week for 10-11 years. * ;D ;D

That is a good call!

I tell you what... kids these days... what a bunch of pu**ies.

when I was your age...

...up hill both ways.

TransAmBison
11-06-2006, 10:50 PM

I wish I could have seen your face when you read this while thinking I might be serious. It makes it funny because I tend to get a little too loud...

SDbison
11-06-2006, 11:03 PM

I wish I could have seen your face when you read this while thinking I might be serious. *It makes it funny because I tend to get a little too loud...
TransAM you are just too damn loud!

TransAmBison
11-07-2006, 01:51 AM
And another thing, I want all this drinking to stop during the tailgating!!!!! No more!! Or fun!! I want all fun to end too!

TAILG8R
11-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Well, I will have to get this back on topic - That being the Cal Poly game.

I'm goign to say Bison 24 - Poly 17.

As so many have said on this board before, you heard it here first!

THEsocalledfan
11-07-2006, 02:01 AM

I wish I could have seen your face when you read this while thinking I might be serious. *It makes it funny because I tend to get a little too loud...

TransAM was cussing up a storm on the Light Rail on the way to the Metrodome for the Gopher game. He made me promise that I needed to keep him from cussing.

I nearly shed a tear of pride as I am THEsocalledfan!

Tatanka
11-07-2006, 02:45 AM
HERD 27 horse 17
Sounded good last week, sounds good this week. *GO BISON

kchats
11-07-2006, 03:40 AM
Bison win by 14. Team comes out very fired up since they are finally playing at home. Defense continues dominating performance started in the second half against UCD.

sambini
11-07-2006, 04:39 AM
Good Luck Bison 28-10 BISON+++

Jdubs21
11-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Bison 27...Cal-Poly 20

TheBisonator
11-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Bison 17
Cal-Poly 13

Low-scoring, tight, defensive game.

12,750 in attendance.

Students these days are too attached to mommy and daddy. And I'm specifically talking to YOU, freshmen. I'm looking in your direction. Suck it up and stay, freshmen, you're adults now. You don't miss your old high school THAT much.

Expect a very, very low freshmen turnout. Probably not even 50 of them will be at the game. The attendance for each student class will get higher as you get to the upperclassmen and grad students. Probably 85 percent of the student turnout will be Juniors, Seniors and grad students (people like me). In any case, you're gonna see a not-full student section on Saturday.

semobison
11-07-2006, 11:54 AM
This will be the best DEFENSE we have faced all year. Will we be able to run the ball? Can we keep the pressure off Walker?

broke_back_mnt
11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Cal Poly @ NDSU*

A few observations:

Overall the Mustangs have the best defense in the league, just a hair better than The BISON.

On offense its a classic with the #1 and 2 rushing offenses and defenses square off. This is a huge battle of great interest.

Nobles is going to be a challenge. If we cant contain him we might not win. He ranks right behind Steffes as the Number 2 back in the GWFC.

NDSU is clearly the better passing team. Mat Brennan is an average QB. Clearly with Walker the BISON have an edge. If it wasnt for Walker I might call the passing games even. But Walker is playing and he has a lot of targets. +1 BISON

To win The BISON have to get their running game. Maintaining a time of possesion advantage with the ability to convert on third down is a BISON trademark. If NDSU gets their running game and can match the Mustangs scoring on the ground its going to be looking good for the BISON. It has to be won here. Steffes vs Nobles, Line vs. Line. BISON +1

Special teams. BISON +1

Home field is neutral. Cal Poly plays well on the road. They have won in Fargo. They did it on BISON turnovers.

* BISON win by 3 it stays close all day.

I think around 17,000 in attendance.

mebison
11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
What about motivation? NDSU and Poly are both playing for the GWFC championship, so that's about equal. If Poly beat us and then we beat SDSU what would it get decided by. Beyond that, its my understanding that Poly MUST beat us to keep a chance at going to the playoffs, so that's huge motivation and we know they won't be scared of us. On the other hand, this Bison team just plain doesn't like to lose.

I'd guess neutral or slightly to Poly's favor for motivation factor?

broke_back_mnt
11-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Good call. Thats what is keeping my point spread low.

If I had to guess the over/under I would say sometehing like 31.

Right now NDSU can finish in the top 5, still maybe #1 even. That would be a huge statement and one of the teams overall goals.

heymch86
11-09-2006, 03:18 AM
Posted by: TheBisonator Posted on: Yesterday at 01:56:50
Bison 17
Cal-Poly 13

Low-scoring, tight, defensive game.

12,750 in attendance.

Students these days are too attached to mommy and daddy. And I'm specifically talking to YOU, freshmen. I'm looking in your direction. Suck it up and stay, freshmen, you're adults now. You don't miss your old high school THAT much.

Expect a very, very low freshmen turnout. Probably not even 50 of them will be at the game. The attendance for each student class will get higher as you get to the upperclassmen and grad students. Probably 85 percent of the student turnout will be Juniors, Seniors and grad students (people like me). In any case, you're gonna see a not-full student section on Saturday.

I agree, there will hardly be a freshman to be seen. I think there will be around 14,000 in the stands. The independent Vball tournament is in town, maybe some outta towners will drop by the dome

Gully
11-09-2006, 11:34 AM
23-13 Bison at home.

GFBisonFan
11-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Bison 17
Poly 10

Crowd will be a nice surprise 17200

Herd_Mentality
11-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Bison 23 CP 17
16251 attendance
2 people in section 20 are ejected from the game because they are too loud

Scooter
11-10-2006, 01:06 AM
OK. *Two games left to go and they don't get any bigger than this one. *(didn't I say that last week....)

Prediction

Cal Poly Offense *I'm a little surprised by the lack of output by this group of guys that were all conference performers last year. *I think that this drop-off in production can be directly linked to the fact that this groups offensive line just isn't as good as last year's. *NDSU has one thing that they don't have to worry about this year, and that is Anthony Garnett, last year's QB is gone. *He played his best game against the Bison last year. *This year's signal caller for the Mustangs is average at best, and I don't think that he will be able to handle the pressure that the Bison front four are going to bring. *Cal Poly still has two offensive weapons, Nobel and Barden, both of these guys are top notch. *However, *Nobel's stats have fallen off from last year, he's still the same talent... what could the X-factor be... you guessed it, the Offensive line.

Bison Offense *Simply put, the Bison Offensive line is much better than the group fielded last year. *This can be credited to the conditioning that these boys did in the off season. *Steve Walker.... *I here Webster has his picture next to the word winner. *(Enough said.) *I think the Bison skill players are just as good as Cal Poly's, the problem for Cal Poly is that the Bison simply have more on the field at the same time.

Cal Poly Defense *Wow, what a defense. *Do I think that Cal Poly has a better defense than the Bison? *Yes, by .001 percent. (god, that was hard) *Here's why: *At times this year the Cal Poly offense hasn't been that good. *The only reason that this team has a shot of making the playoffs is because of this unit. *Last weeks performance in Montana was outstanding, but I don't think that they will have enough in the tank to survive this third game in a row on the road. *They are going to have to come up big because this Bison team is better than the Grizzly team they faced last weekend. *Why? *S..T..E..V..E.....W..A..L..K..E..R *right now, he's the best player in I-AA.

Bison Defense Relax, Guys... I know that I just stated that Cal Poly had a better defense than the Bison. *The thing is... I had to get out my caliper to see which one to give the title to. *There is one thing that this defense has that I think is unmatched so far, and that is their conditioning. *There is no way that an offense is going to come back from 14 down in the fourth quarter to beat these guys. *NO WAY. *(On second thought, maybe I will rethink which team actually does have the best defense.)

So... Who is going to win? *Bison, and here's why:

1. *The "it" factor, this team has it.
2. *We have Steve Walker and you don't.
3. *We play this game at home.
4. *If the Bison secondary doesn't know how to cover a 6'6" WR by now, they never will.
5. *This is road game number three for Cal Poly. *(and they fly commercial)
6. *They lost to Montana last week. *I firmly believe the Bison are better than Montana.
7. *Conditioning
8. *If this is decided in the trenches... advantage Bison.

NDSU 28 *Cal Poly 13

westsidebison
11-10-2006, 01:33 AM
BISON 12
POLY 9

broke_back_mnt
11-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Im bringing them into town even. No road weariness for these guys. We have no home field advantage.

This is one of the nations best football teams. They bring it on both sides of the ball. Too bad they are coming into the Fabulous Fargo Dome! The BISON are a great football team too. 8-)

WYOBISONMAN
11-10-2006, 01:41 AM
PLANE LEAVES TOMORROW!!!!! I AM UP FOR THIS ONE!!!!!

broke_back_mnt
11-10-2006, 01:48 AM
Good game to pick Wyo! Maybe Ill see you at the tailgate. Suite 21 has a mini of scotch waiting for you. Fargo Dome provides unlimited ice!! 8-)

Big game in Fargo!!! ;D ;D ;D

NDSUFREAK10
11-10-2006, 02:03 AM
WYO, are you gonna go to the SDSU game as well?

gwendel
11-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Cal Poly offense confident following Thursday practice:

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/sports/15977078.htm

WYOBISONMAN
11-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Good game to pick Wyo! *Maybe Ill see you at the tailgate. *Suite 21 has a mini of scotch waiting for you. *Fargo Dome provides unlimited ice!! * 8-)

Big game in Fargo!!! * ;D ;D ;D

I'll take you up on that.......Good Scotch and a Bison win!

WYOBISONMAN
11-10-2006, 01:25 PM
WYO, are you gonna go to the SDSU game as well?

No, *It is a long ways back to Fargo. *But that game will be a great one. * I wish I was going to be there......

Scooter
11-10-2006, 04:24 PM

When I read this article, a couple of things made me wonder....

1. *What is the status of the Cal Poly receivers if they are moving a DB over for this game?

2. *The reporter apparently feels that our defense needs to stack the line of scrimmage to stop the Cal Poly rushing attack, just like Montana did. *Although he does mention that we allow a low per carry average, he feels we need to do this to stop Cal Poly.

3. *He blames play calling, execution, blocking, and I think penalties (trying to remember them all) for Cal Poly's lack of scoring in the red zone these past few weeks. *(Holy crap, I think if you threw turnovers in there, you would have a hard time coming up with another reason, period.)

4. *He states that Brennan had one of his best games in a month last week. *Thank God that we have Steve Walker. *I know Steve didn't have a great completion percentage last weekend, but I think I counted at least 7 balls that he threw away. *Since when is completing 51 percent of your passes with no TD's considered something to point to and say, "This is my best performance in a month"?
5. *I know that we only scored field goals against the Gophers, but the Gophers are much better than Montana. *(yeah, some weeks they have problems, but they played Michigan tough and destroyed Indiana. *Indiana has a descent FB team this year) Scoring a couple of TD's in practice is not the same as scoring them in a game. *This says one of two things, either the offense has worked a few things out, or the defense for Cal Poly is tired. *(no one can say for sure)

sambini
11-11-2006, 02:38 AM
LETS GO BISON +++++

NDSUFREAK10
11-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Fellas........tomorrow is the day. Go to sleep tonight with your hat and beads on. Put on some face paint and dream of tomorrow.

D-Day -1 Tomorrow is the biggest game of their lives.......

LET'S GO BISON!!!! *clap clap clap clap clap* LET'S GO BISON!! *clap clap clap clap clap*

kchats
11-11-2006, 03:02 AM

Not much respect in that article for the Bison. No mention of how well the Bison are playing and that the Bison have a great offense to go with a great defense. Bison win by 14 points.

sambini
11-11-2006, 03:02 AM
++++++++++++++++++++BEER IS ON ICE AND THOR WILL HAVE THE THUNDERING HERD TAILGATING VAN POWERED BY BUDWEISER THERE AT 8:30 DOWN BY THE WDAY TRUCK LETS GO BISON+++++++++++

Gamehunter
11-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Stats on Cal Poly's Matt Brennan http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=174213

not exactly blowing the doors off but it appears to be just enough to squeek out the wins provided James Noble can get some yards here and there. I'm not so sure Brennan's usual performance is going to keep Cal Poly in this game for very long.

I get the feeling this Bison D is going to have its way with Cal Poly 'O' especially at the line of scrimmage. I have a hard time seeing CP scoring more than 10 points (that's probably being generous) unless they get defensive TD's.

archcp
11-11-2006, 03:36 AM
no one will touch our defense you can not lose with a defense that has a caliber of being a divsion one defense. their defense could play with any team in division 1!!! wouldnt you love to see that.

sambini
11-11-2006, 03:53 AM
lets go bison ++++

Scooter
11-11-2006, 04:15 AM
no one will touch our defense you can not lose *with a defense that has a caliber of being a divsion one defense. their defense could play with any team in division 1!!! wouldnt you love to see that.

archcp, (I'm assuming cp is for Cal Poly) What do you mean you can not lose with a defense like yours? Apparently you can lose 33 percent of the time. You are 6-3 over all and 4-2 against I-AA competition. The only defense that I know of in the Great West that is undefeated against I-AA competition is the Mighty Bison. Just thought that I would clue you in on that.

Go Bison, what a great game this will be!!!

kchats
11-11-2006, 04:19 AM
SDSU didn't seem to have much trouble with Cal-Poly's defense. ;)

sambini
11-11-2006, 11:37 AM
And neither will we LETS GO BISON+++