PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2013 Preseason FCS All-American Team

EmDiggy
05-28-2013, 12:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2G2RXFCVzQ

Good evening Bisonville! Here's my preseason All-American team! There's a couple of Bison on this list!

Enjoy

Em

Shadowbison
05-28-2013, 01:50 AM
thanks Em! you do great work. a lot of great players out there and everyone is ready for the season to start!

Tatanka
05-28-2013, 01:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2G2RXFCVzQ

Good evening Bisonville! Here's my preseason All-American team! There's a couple of Bison on this list!

Enjoy

Em
So when are you coming out to see them in person? GET IT DONE EM!

BisonNation11
05-28-2013, 01:55 AM
So when are you coming out to see them in person? GET IT DONE EM!

No kidding. If there's a year to come to Fargo, this should be the year! Either take in the first home game or hold out for a potential playoff game.

Shadowbison
05-28-2013, 02:14 AM
there is no reason to pick against us all year, except for one game. whats the ksu score going to be!?

EmDiggy
05-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Thanks Gang! Hey..even that KSU game may be up for grabs!

westnodak93bison
05-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Interesting picks. Very tough to pick the FCS All-American Team imho. Easy to miss a great player in an obscure location/school or even overlook a great player playing on a great team that is assignment sound with good depth. I wouldn't trade our D-line.

bisonmike2
05-28-2013, 02:25 PM
You could have saved you a lot of time and just posted the 2 deep roster for NDSU. :)

But other than that, Heagle was snubbed.

BisonTeacher
05-28-2013, 02:54 PM

Was thinking the same thing.

Also...Im ok if Diggy picks against us for KSU. It worked for us last year in our FBS game as well.

westnodak93bison
05-28-2013, 03:07 PM
You could have saved you a lot of time and just posted the 2 deep roster for NDSU. :)

No snub imho. He played 1 game last year and nobody really knows how he will play coming off the injury.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bisonmike2
05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
No snub imho. He played 1 game last year and nobody really knows how he will play coming off the injury.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

True but Em also gave a spot on the team to a guy that's a transfer and won't even play until 2014. I'm assuming the Eagle will return to his pre-injury glory. I hope I'm right.

MNLonghorn10
05-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Just dropped off some lsd off at the fargodome..diggys goin with the upset pick aug 31st

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Herd
05-28-2013, 03:56 PM
IMO, Juric should be the guy for all America consideration. He is a rock, has been for 3 years, on the best defense in the country. NDSU must be exceeding its quota or something, but I don't understand the lack of accolades for Juric.

tony
05-28-2013, 04:28 PM
IMO, Juric should be the guy for all America consideration. He is a rock, has been for 3 years, on the best defense in the country. NDSU must be exceeding its quota or something, but I don't understand the lack of accolades for Juric.

Yeah, Cole Jirik - leading tackler on the defensive line, leads the team in tackles for loss, sacks, and QB hurries. Lots of NFL-caliber players in the FCS at DE though.

BisonNation11
05-28-2013, 04:31 PM

Simple. He does his job. He does it well. But he's also playing next to guys that do the exact same thing he does. Tough to stand out when you play team defense and assignment football. We know how solid he is because we see him every week he plays. But his numbers don't stand out compared to some other guys. I'd still take him over anybody in the country.

tony
05-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Simple. He does his job. He does it well. But he's also playing next to guys that do the exact same thing he does. Tough to stand out when you play team defense and assignment football. We know how solid he is because we see him every week he plays. But his numbers don't stand out compared to some other guys. I'd still take him over anybody in the country.

Nicely put. I wouldn't trade either of NDSU's DEs, Kyle Emanuel and Cole Jirik, for any others in the FCS.

MNLonghorn10
05-28-2013, 05:11 PM
I dont know, Id probably take Jadaveon Clowny over him.

Herd
05-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Nicely put. I wouldn't trade either of NDSU's DEs, Kyle Emanuel and Cole Jirik, for any others in the FCS.

There was lots of national pub for Boyer 92 in his senior year vs Juric, and I'll give 93 the nod in that matchup. Seems like good piece on a great team also describes Turner and Olsen, yet they are being promoted in 2013. Juric seems like a possible next level guy like Turner, and more so than Olson.

With the 4 some of Drevlow, Perry, Jiric & Eman, tough to say who the best is. That is an all-time D line unit at NDSU that is unmatched.

Bisonator98
05-28-2013, 05:28 PM

Exactly. That's why he has 2 rings and a good shot at #3 this year.

stevdock
05-28-2013, 05:54 PM
More important to be on this team at the end of the season then the beginning of the season. Let their play speak for themselves and if they get snubbed at the end of the year then hopefully a 3rd national championship ring will lessen the blow a little ;)

CAS4127
05-28-2013, 05:58 PM
More important to be on this team at the end of the season then the beginning of the season. Let their play speak for themselves and if they get snubbed at the end of the year then hopefully a 3rd national championship ring will lessen the blow a little ;)

Just remember what we discussed last year at the end of the season in terms of All-Conference and All-American awards-->it's as much politics as it is on-field performance . . . sadly.

tony
05-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Putting that team together is a thankless job... oh wait, no, I'll thank him for putting in the effort and giving us something to talk about.

Honestly, I can't argue with any of the picks really since in most cases I've never even seen tape of the guys being mentioned.

Here's the list from the video:

1st Team

QB Taylor Heinicke, Old Dominion
RB Shakir Bell, ISU-Blue
RB Tim Flanders, SHSU
WR Erik Lora, Eastern Illinois
WR Walter Powell, Murray State
TE AC Leonard, Tennessee State
AP Richard Sincere, SHSU
OL Billy Turner, NDSU
OL Ricky Archer, New Hampshire
OL Mike Sellers, Florida A&M
OL Cameron Williams, Norfolk State
OL Michael Bamiro, Stony Brook

DT Matt Goods, Gardner-Webb
DE Davis Tull, Chattanooga
DT Antoine Lewis, Villanova
DE Colton Underwood, ISU-Red
LB Grant Olson, NDSU
LB Stephon Robertson, James Madison
LB Zak Browning, Southern Utah
DB Marcus Williams, NSDU
DB T.J. Lee, Eastern Washington
DB Jaquiski Tartt Samford
DB Caleb Schaffitzel, Missouri State

PR Spencer Nelson PVA&M
KR Kevin Johnson Lamar
K Justin Syrovatka, SDSU
P Bobby Wenzig, Alabama State

Second Team

QB Jeff Matthews, cornell
RB Terrence West, Towson
RB Andrew Pierce, Delaware
WR Sean Price, App State
WR Jordan Harris, Bryant
TE Myciole Pruitt, Southern Illinois
OT Kanny Kistler, Montana
OG Dakota Dozier, Furman
OL Dominique Allen, Central Arkansas
OL Chris Elkins, Youngstown State
OL Terrence Hackney, Bethune-Cookman
AP Zach Zenner, SDSU

DE Blake Oliaro, San Diego
DT Zack Kerr, Delaware
DT Francis Bah, Liberty
DE Robert Simpson, Mississippi Valley State
LB Jordan Tripp, Montana
LB Clarence Bumpis, Northern Colorado
LB Tyler Starr, South Dakota
CB Bookie Snead, SHSU
CB Steven Godbolt, Tennessee State
S Matthew Steinbeck, Bucknell
S Ryan Shaw Arkansas-Pine Bluff

thebigund
05-28-2013, 08:02 PM
To name a guy who will not play this year since he is transferring to any list is ridiculous.

MNLonghorn10
05-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Lol @ zero university of north dakota players

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

tony
05-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Mike Sellers - Florida A&M. Looks like Em didn't want to edit the video after he was all done (move second-team guy up into first team and redo second team.)

He could have just slid SDSU's Bryan Witzmann into that spot.

KSBisonFan
05-28-2013, 08:23 PM
To name a guy who will not play this year since he is transferring to any list is ridiculous.

That's almost as ridiculous as naming a player from a team that has no name.

MN_BISON
05-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Is ODU even considered FCS this year? If not, I guess he can just give him the boot and move Brock up; all he does is win and winning is enough for me.

tony
05-29-2013, 02:17 AM
I dont know, Id probably take Jadaveon Clowny over him.

For a second I thought you were referencing these college all-stars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

IzzyFlexion
05-29-2013, 11:27 AM
http://livinginpeace-thenaturalstate.com/Bck%20Hme.jpg

Auntie EmDiggy .....Are we in Kansas yet?