PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/Taylor against 12 game season

Hammersmith
11-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Forum/Kolpack article:

I-AA’s 12-game proposal looks bad (http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/145759)

SDbison
11-10-2006, 02:19 PM
I don't know why Taylor is against it from the scheduling perspective. Once in the Gateway there will only be a few out of conference games to schedule. As for the potential of a long 16 game season I agree (must be assuming the Bison will make a title run soon). Taylor has to do a better job setting the buyouts higher so the Fargodome doesn't lose good home games like Montana State (sounds like this game is no more).

Bisonguy
11-10-2006, 04:56 PM
I don't know why Taylor is against it from the scheduling perspective. *Once in the Gateway there will only be a few out of conference games to schedule. *As for the potential of a long 16 game season I agree (must be assuming the Bison will make a title run soon). *Taylor has to do a better job setting the buyouts higher so the Fargodome doesn't lose good home games like Montana State (sounds like this game is no more). *

Taylor, along with a lot of other AD's, are in favor of increasing the playoff field (he explained this last night on PTS). If the 12th game proposal passes, the proposal to expand the playoff field will be dead.

Yes, NDSU needs to increase the buyouts on the contracts. At least to $100k- enough to cover expenses and to be a deterrent to backing out of the contract.

Gamehunter
11-10-2006, 05:08 PM
I don't know why Taylor is against it from the scheduling perspective. Once in the Gateway there will only be a few out of conference games to schedule. As for the potential of a long 16 game season I agree (must be assuming the Bison will make a title run soon). Taylor has to do a better job setting the buyouts higher so the Fargodome doesn't lose good home games like Montana State (sounds like this game is no more).

Taylor, along with a lot of other AD's, are in favor of increasing the playoff field (he explained this last night on PTS). If the 12th game proposal passes, the proposal to expand the playoff field will be dead.

Yes, NDSU needs to increase the buyouts on the contracts. At least to $100k- enough to cover expenses and to be a deterrent to backing out of the contract.

From the AGS board it sounded like the buyout for MSU would be in the 100k-150k range. I guess that is enough to buy a guarantee game at the FFD next year but I doubt it would be a Montana State type team.

DenverBison05
11-10-2006, 05:11 PM
From the AGS board it sounded like the buyout for MSU would be in the 100k-150k range. *I guess that is enough to buy a guarantee game at the FFD next year but I doubt it would be a Montana State type team.

At least its better than what SDSU reportedly got. Can you imagine receiving 50K after playing two games at Montana, that 25K per game.

Bisonguy
11-10-2006, 05:22 PM
From the AGS board it sounded like the buyout for MSU would be in the 100k-150k range. *I guess that is enough to buy a guarantee game at the FFD next year but I doubt it would be a Montana State type team.

At least its better than what SDSU reportedly got. *Can you imagine receiving 50K after playing two games at Montana, that 25K per game.

Yeah, that one had to hurt. :o

IowaBison
11-10-2006, 05:22 PM
imo, let's forget about Montana State, would it have been a good, well-attended game? absolutely.

if ndsu gets into the Gateway we'll see as good or better competition in all but a few weeks during the fall. it won't take long for the casual fan to recognize the quality of teams in the GFC.

Montana State and Montana can enjoy playing Northern Colorado, an NAIA team, and whatever BSC school wants to use them as cannon fodder.

You are the company you keep, not the company you jerk around.

IowaBisonToo
11-10-2006, 06:04 PM
No smack intended here but, I'm beginning to think that Montana/Montana St = UND. Like NDB said, the games would be well attended but, NDSU doesn't need them. It sounds as if those schools feel as if the world revolves around them and they owe nothing to anybody else. Maybe that's true to an extent but, it's also a good way to make a bad name for yourself.

NorthernBison
11-10-2006, 07:37 PM
I know that money is a huge driving factor in the decisions of the Montana schools. On the other hand, you have to play, and win, against quality OOC opponents on the road to lend legitimacy to your record. Time to insert a disclaimer to fend off any MSU or Griz lurkers... I haven't researched your OOC records so the above was a general statement. Maybe you have a history of going on the road against good teams.

IowaBison
11-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Montana doesn't leave Missoula unless the DIA money, the BSC schedule or the playoff bracket makes 'em.

kchats
11-11-2006, 04:07 AM
I know that money is a huge driving factor in the decisions of the Montana schools. *On the other hand, you have to play, and win, against quality OOC opponents on the road to lend legitimacy to your record. *Time to insert a disclaimer to fend off any MSU or Griz lurkers... I haven't researched your OOC records so the above was a general statement. *Maybe you have a history of going on the road against good teams.

Chadron State beat the hell out of Montana State at MSU this year. I hope this replacement chickenshit division II team does the same thing to them next year. We all know NDSU would have pounded the chickens.

NDSUstudent
11-11-2006, 04:10 AM
I hope it just pours rain during their DII game and they barely get anything for attendance and they end up losing money on the deal.

kchats
11-11-2006, 04:17 AM
Could you imagine a 12 game season and trying to get that scheduled? With 12 games if you didn't automatically add a second money game you would never get another home game. With 12 games every one would want 7 home games or 6 division I-AA home games and 4 I-AA road games and 2 I-A road games. Gateway would make it easier but still very tough. I agree increase the playoff field and that could be the extra game. At least if you make the playoffs the extra game is a good game that means something.

sambini
11-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Bring on the competion++++

gwendel
11-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Chadron State beat the hell out of Montana State at MSU this year. *I hope this replacement chickenshit division II team does the same thing to them next year. *We all know NDSU would have pounded the chickens.

I hope it just pours rain during their DII game and they barely get anything for attendance and they end up losing money on the deal.

U-m-m-m. Did I miss something here? I thought we were talking about the team Montana State is replacing the Bison with. Texas A&M is hardly a DII team. They play in the Big 12 and do a pretty decent job of it. They are currently 8-2 overall and 4-2 in the Big 12 and play Nebraska today with visions of winning.

What DII team are you referring to?

silkamilkamonico
11-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Chadron State beat the hell out of Montana State at MSU this year. *I hope this replacement chickenshit division II team does the same thing to them next year. *We all know NDSU would have pounded the chickens.

U-m-m-m. Did I miss something here? I thought we were talking about the team Montana State is replacing the Bison with. Texas A&M is hardly a DII team. They play in the Big 12 and do a pretty decent job of it. They are currently 8-2 overall and 4-2 in the Big 12 and play Nebraska today with visions of winning.

What DII team are you referring to?

They are looking at it like MSU drops NDSU and picks up the game against Dixie College, or whichever D2 game it was.

I don't know what the deal is, but I think you couold be right, and MSU wanting another home game after they got Texas A&M. Hardly seems like a scared situation to me.

BisonBacker
11-11-2006, 03:01 PM
No one blames them for wanting the Big $$$ game with A&M but what people are pissed about is that they took and dropped us for a DII so they could get another home game since they are traveling to A&M. Call it what you want (business as usual) but I agree with those who say its Bull$hit. So they are tntitled to 6 home games and to hell with everyone else contracts and buyouts aside? I hope we don't schedule those SOB's unless its a home game for us. We've traveled out there as has SDSU and Cal-Poly. How many trips have either Montana schools made to either of our houses? Enough said.

kchats
11-11-2006, 04:59 PM
If NDSU gets into the Gateway I hope they just pay guarantees and have the 6 home games every year that they want. Lying about a home and home to get somebody to play at your house is not good business. The actual game on Montana State's schedule where the trip to Fargo was supposed to be is against a horrid division II team called Dixie State.