PDA

View Full Version : Summit League Breakout Players for 2013-14

beauspencer
05-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Piggybacking off of what CBS Sports did last week for Division I, here's a write-up on breakout players in the Summit League for 2013-14. Just one guy's opinion. What are your thoughts on breakout players?

http://www.mysummitleague.com/summit-league-breakout-players-for-2013-14/

NDSUstudent
05-20-2013, 02:52 AM
I think the three players to look at on NDSU's roster are Lindberg, Dupree and of course Brown who you mentioned. The team needs to get more production offensively at the 2.

Kujava23
05-20-2013, 01:59 PM
My breakout candidate is PG Lawrence Alexander--he has improved decision making and will continue to work more on his shot

Bison need more players to be able to create off the dribble and LA can do it---unleash him and give him more freedom in the offense
and I think he can improve a great deal which will help everyone---especially the team on the offensive end

Honorable Mentions: Chris Kading--really liked how much improvement he made last year and look forward to bigger and better things next year

am excited to see Carlin Dupree---another offensive player who can create off the dribble and make others better around him

beauspencer
05-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll publish another list in the fall after talking with coaches.

HoopsBison
05-20-2013, 11:01 PM
If I only had one vote id go with Kory Brown for us, but I think many guys have a chance to be that player. Kading is definitely one to watch along with Vandenbergh. One of the biggest wild cards could be Joel Lindberg, who was pushing for a starting spot before getting hurt. Bison fans haven't been able to see much of what this kid can bring and I think he will be a big addition for us next year.

Newcomer Carlin Durpree will also have a good shot to earn minutes as a true freshman. Will be very interesting how the guard position minutes shake out, lots of competition there.

Some could say LA, but I think he has in a way done that already. This team expects and needs LA to be great, I put him in the same boat as Braun and Bjorklund.

Kujava23
05-20-2013, 11:48 PM
If I only had one vote id go with Kory Brown for us, but I think many guys have a chance to be that player. Kading is definitely one to watch along with Vandenbergh. One of the biggest wild cards could be Joel Lindberg, who was pushing for a starting spot before getting hurt. Bison fans haven't been able to see much of what this kid can bring and I think he will be a big addition for us next year.

Newcomer Carlin Durpree will also have a good shot to earn minutes as a true freshman. Will be very interesting how the guard position minutes shake out, lots of competition there.

Some could say LA, but I think he has in a way done that already. This team expects and needs LA to be great, I put him in the same boat as Braun and Bjorklund.

Yes LA is one of our better offensive options but he had many options to step up last year and didn't do it. I think needs to play with more aggressiveness and hopefully coaches allow him to do it