PDA

View Full Version : Football roster

Gully
05-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Seeing some tweets that sound like there are a couple of players who won't be back. Here come the Lakes comparisons in 3, 2, 1...............

MNLonghorn10
05-11-2013, 01:40 AM
Ill send a text to lakes to see what he's heard from his sources. Ill get back to you later

SamsRams
05-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Seeing some tweets of players transfering in also. Wait I am being told I am allowed to actually post a tweet on this site. Crazy, you would think we could only provide specualtion and rumors and placing a link to said comments would get you banned.

https://twitter.com/CrumbCake21/status/333021837942456321

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoY3tD_m9fk

some people provide information, others...............well they dont

SamsRams
05-11-2013, 04:22 AM
Sonnenfeld is off the roster

SlickVic
05-11-2013, 05:21 AM
all bow to mr stealer here he is so cool he knows everything just ask him

SamsRams
05-11-2013, 06:02 AM

and there is the definition of troll. thanks for once again bringing your third grade intelligence to the board.

BisoninNWMN
05-11-2013, 12:03 PM

I think there are a lot of people on BV that like to read his info that he posts.

Nice try.

Elvis was a Bison
05-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Sorry Slickster, but if there could be only one between you and Sams..... It wouldn't be you.

westnodak93bison
05-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Great entertainment. Nearly as good as a teenage girl spat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

southcliffbison
05-11-2013, 11:38 PM
and there is the definition of troll. thanks for once again bringing your third grade intelligence to the board.

Have to agree with you, SamsRams, on this one. This "Jim Rhome Is Burning" style of writing that the Slicster posts is getting a little old. I'm reminded of the words of Andy Dufresne in "Shawshank Redemption" (I'm paraphrasing here) . "Capitalization and Punctuation are good things, and good things never die."

tjbison
05-11-2013, 11:46 PM
ok..ok...some here don't like the others. what's the story with the guys NOT on the roster and the NEW guys? anybody know that isn't pure speculation?

yes tweets are allowed........just this once though:biggrin:

SamsRams
05-12-2013, 02:24 AM
all my info is accurate. whether gully knows more or not isn't my place to say.

there are tweets out there that could look like players are leaving or they just leaving for the summer I don't know which one is accurate as those players are still on the roster.

SlickVic
05-12-2013, 02:32 AM

there are tweets out there that could look like players are leaving or they just leaving for the summer I don't know which one is accurate as those players are still on the roster.

in other words he just sits in vegas and hits refresh on twitter and just guesses and likes to steal ideas from his socalled bud oh and says I'm retarded along with countless other insults its ok me boy most on here see through you

BlueBisonRock
05-12-2013, 05:20 AM
in other words he just sits in vegas and hits refresh on twitter and just guesses and likes to steal ideas from his socalled bud oh and says I'm retarded along with countless other insults its ok me boy most on here see through you

Slick Buddy, you do need to change your password to insure we are reading the real slick and not some poser. Ya know bud, that I am one of your biggest fans, but even I can tell if it is a Slickster post or a poser post.

Help me out dude. Help me out.

tjbison
05-12-2013, 05:36 AM

lots are heading home for a couple weeks after school here I know that. some are staying, haven't heard anyone leaving for good right now but I'm not a guy " In the know"

SlickVic
05-12-2013, 07:45 AM
With all due respect to the great twitter minds out there let it be know I dont communicate via twitter or e-mail for than matter... cowboys dont cry and heros dont die im thinking of joe paterno when he said he wouldnt know how to download a jar of peanut butter lol I miss that fool one day all you will realize why but anyways half of ndsu football could quit for all I care theyll still three peat fcs ant nothinf but d2 at best real recognize real bring on the compitition gene I dont care what the ken pom rpi ratinings are summit sucks and fcs ant big boy football its br9nze metal at best

BisonNeil
05-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Sonnenfeld is off the roster

Not surprised. I don't think he made the transition to LB very well and we have heard nothing about him.

The attrition rate for the 2011 class now stands at 70% by my count.

BisonNeil
05-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Have to agree with you, SamsRams, on this one. This "Jim Rhome Is Burning" style of writing that the Slicster posts is getting a little old. I'm reminded of the words of Andy Dufresne in "Shawshank Redemption" (I'm paraphrasing here) . "Capitalization and Punctuation are good things, and good things never die."

That is the nice thing about the ignore function. I don't have to bother to read and it makes me happy :D

Gully
05-12-2013, 04:08 PM

I'm not really sure what you're getting at but I feel like it might be a criticism of some sort?

SamsRams
05-12-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm not really sure what you're getting at but I feel like it might be a criticism of some sort?

you started the thread, some are waiting for you to get to the point. or was this thread just a ploy to get attention?

SlickVic
05-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Wow classy post again gully take this tweetin fool to da woodshed

GOBISON123
05-12-2013, 10:09 PM
We are a Bison Family

Gully
05-12-2013, 11:43 PM
you started the thread, some are waiting for you to get to the point. or was this thread just a ploy to get attention?

Seriously? I noticed Sonnefeld's tweet and mentioned what I read, his tweet was ambiguous enough that it could have meant he was leaving for the summer and not permanently so I didn't want to draw any firm conclusions and mention him by name and was hoping someone who knew would confirm.

I don't care if anyone pays attention to the thread or not. It's not a real big deal, this is just a sports message board where people share ideas and opinions. It used to be fun. I'm pretty sure the sun will come up tomorrow whether or not some kid leaves school or fails to commit as a recruit.

I've enjoyed reading a lot of things that you've posted over time but lately it seems like you've gone off the deep end. It's as if you're just waiting to argue with people. With your response to my thread you would think that I had insulted you or something and I don't know that I've ever commented to you much at all. I don't really understand what your problem is and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one drawing that conclusion.

Someone let me know if I'm missing something.

unbison
05-13-2013, 12:49 AM
Hey gully SAMs is just jonesen

TransAmBison
05-13-2013, 01:40 AM
Things just went to sh## when Vigen found his playbook in Frisco. I blame him.

Kermit
05-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Sonnenfeld left the team around the beginning of March. I honestly thought this was old news. He wasn't on the field all spring.

westnodak93bison
05-13-2013, 02:35 AM
With all the attrition in the last 5 months we really need this incoming Freshman class to live up to the expectations. Many of them will need to be ready to contribute significantly come the Fall of 2014.

SamsRams
05-13-2013, 03:16 AM
Seriously? I noticed Sonnefeld's tweet and mentioned what I read, his tweet was ambiguous enough that it could have meant he was leaving for the summer and not permanently so I didn't want to draw any firm conclusions and mention him by name and was hoping someone who knew would confirm.

I don't care if anyone pays attention to the thread or not. It's not a real big deal, this is just a sports message board where people share ideas and opinions. It used to be fun. I'm pretty sure the sun will come up tomorrow whether or not some kid leaves school or fails to commit as a recruit.

I've enjoyed reading a lot of things that you've posted over time but lately it seems like you've gone off the deep end. It's as if you're just waiting to argue with people. With your response to my thread you would think that I had insulted you or something and I don't know that I've ever commented to you much at all. I don't really understand what your problem is and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one drawing that conclusion.

My point was if you are going to start a thread like this, back your statement up and post a link. and if its not appropriate for you to post a link, then posting this thread should fall along the same path. I hate the I know something but Im not going to tell anyone else. To me the crazy part is I think moderators have moved some posts out of this thread but approve of how it was started. I guess if this is the type of threads they support and approve of I will follow suit. Rumors and speculation with no links to back anything up..............this ought to be fun!!

HerdBot
05-13-2013, 07:24 AM

Yep that's why I quit posting here and post on Lakes new site. Feel free to join. We basically only talk Bison and sports. I am finding Lakes board to be much more enjoyable. I still come here to find content with a rare post. Within 6 months his board will be very active. The link is in my SIG line. I may also start my own board. Actually I did but I am fine tuning it. There is room for 3 boards

Gully
05-13-2013, 11:32 AM
My point was if you are going to start a thread like this, back your statement up and post a link. and if its not appropriate for you to post a link, then posting this thread should fall along the same path. I hate the I know something but Im not going to tell anyone else. To me the crazy part is I think moderators have moved some posts out of this thread but approve of how it was started. I guess if this is the type of threads they support and approve of I will follow suit. Rumors and speculation with no links to back anything up..............this ought to be fun!!

Sams, I'm not a journalist, I'm just a guy sitting in my underwear posting whatever comes to mind. This whole board is full of rumors and speculation. I don't think I posted anything inappropriate. I'm certainly not "in the know" and was not trying to play that game. Anyone with a twitter account could have read the info that I did and apparently according to one post above, it was already known.

This really isn't that serious but if the point was this wasn't a worthwhile thread then that's your opinion. I'm pretty sure this isn't in list of worst 250 threads ever though so you're going to be annoyed nearly every day.

Enjoy!

tjbison
05-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Yep that's why I quit posting here and post on Lakes new site. Feel free to join. We basically only talk Bison and sports. I am finding Lakes board to be much more enjoyable. I still come here to find content with a rare post. Within 6 months his board will be very active. The link is in my SIG line. I may also start my own board. Actually I did but I am fine tuning it. There is room for 3 boards

is it .info or .com heard there are a couple.............:biggrin:

HerdBot
05-13-2013, 02:51 PM
is it .info or .com heard there are a couple.............:biggrin:

Lakes is bisonation.com
Same is bisonation.info (recruiting site and more)

KSBisonFan
05-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Lakes is bisonation.com
Same is bisonation.info (recruiting site and more)

SamsRams is gonna be pissed that Same ripped off his website.....#confusingnation.com

Bison"FANatic"
05-13-2013, 03:03 PM
SamsRams is gonna be pissed that Same ripped off his website.....#confusingnation.com

Not as pissed as Lakes will be after he some how gets kicked off his own website. #ironicnation, #rainingbitches, #FBSnow, #stateofNDsmalltime, #pastactionsdonthavefutureconsequences.

56BISON73
05-15-2013, 01:43 AM

:facepalm::facepalm:

Herd
05-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks to all the 10 year old girls for your valuable "roster" discussion. :bleh::bleh: You guys ever heard of PMs or phones?

Burke42
05-18-2013, 12:56 AM
BisonNeil mentioned that the 2011 class has an attrition rate of about 70%. I looked back at the signing day information and counted 20 scholarship players and 9 preferred walk-ons. Of the 20 scholarship players, only 7 are left: Carson Wentz, Ben LeCompte, C.J. Smith, Jordan Champion, Andrew Bonnet, Luke Albers, and Josh Colville. That means that 13 players are no longer with the program: Ryan Stanford, DeShawn Dinwidde, Berkley Grimm, Joe Horvath, Matt Jones, Derek Lee, Josh Lisenby, Danell Miles, Lyle Norman, Andrew Okland, Nick Scoliere, Joey Sonnefeld, and Frank Veldman.

Of the 9 walk-on players, 6 are still with the team: Dylan Dunn, Joe Haeg, Nate Moody, Jake Lesar, Alex LaVoy and Leighton Talmadge. So, 16 of 29 players are gone. The coaching staff/team cannot afford many repeat recruiting performances like this class.

KTF
05-18-2013, 01:03 AM
BisonNeil mentioned that the 2011 class has an attrition rate of about 70%. I looked back at the signing day information and counted 20 scholarship players and 9 preferred walk-ons. Of the 20 scholarship players, only 7 are left: Carson Wentz, Ben LeCompte, C.J. Smith, Jordan Champion, Andrew Bonnet, Luke Albers, and Josh Colville. That means that 13 players are no longer with the program: Ryan Stanford, DeShawn Dinwidde, Berkley Grimm, Joe Horvath, Matt Jones, Derek Lee, Josh Lisenby, Danell Miles, Lyle Norman, Andrew Okland, Nick Scoliere, Joey Sonnefeld, and Frank Veldman.

Of the 9 walk-on players, 6 are still with the team: Dylan Dunn, Joe Haeg, Nate Moody, Jake Lesar, Alex LaVoy and Leighton Talmadge. So, 16 of 29 players are gone. The coaching staff/team cannot afford many repeat recruiting performances like this class.

I thought Josh Colville left for the Gophers?

EndZoneQB
05-18-2013, 01:15 AM
As far as I know, Danell Miles was never on campus.

ISXBISON
05-18-2013, 02:15 AM
I thought Josh Colville left for the Gophers?

He's still on the roster

westnodak93bison
05-18-2013, 04:00 AM

Part of the attrition is because of the solid established players ahead of them in the two classes. Tough to crack the two deep when you are competing against the 3-4 yr stud.

Herd
05-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Campion with Gophs, not Coville.

Burke42
05-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Correct. Danell Miles was never on campus. He was signed a scholarship player but never showed up.

Two other walk-ons who were not mentioned on signing day who are still on the roster: Jedre Cyr and Brian Schaetz. It's interesting to see that more of the walk-ons from the 2011 class are around than the scholarship players.

WRSDBison
05-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Wait, Okland isn't around anymore? What happened there?

tjbison
05-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Wait, Okland isn't around anymore? What happened there?

he quite the team

WRSDBison
05-18-2013, 10:06 PM
he quite the team

Well, that sucks.

huskerfanbisonfan
06-15-2013, 11:19 PM
I've heard walk-on RS Freshman RB Francisco Hardacker is not returning.

HerdBot
06-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Pierce is no longer on the roster nor is Maris.
No Horvath yet but if hes walking on he won't show up until Fall

BisonNeil
06-16-2013, 08:13 PM
I noticed Riopelle is no longer listed on the roster. I think I remember that he had some type of congenital hip problem that may end his career, is that correct? That's too bad, especially for how thin the Bison are at LB.

Anway, six of 17 scholarship players from the 2012 class are no longer on the roster.

sambini
06-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Those who stay will be champions.

HerdBot
06-17-2013, 04:06 AM
I noticed Riopelle is no longer listed on the roster. I think I remember that he had some type of congenital hip problem that may end his career, is that correct? That's too bad, especially for how thin the Bison are at LB.

Anway, six of 17 scholarship players from the 2012 class are no longer on the roster.

2012 isnt that bad if it isn't a follow up to the 2011 class. Although we still have some talent and we had some great walkons pick up the slack.

2011 recruits

Lucas Albers, 6-6, 240, TE, Iola (Scandanavia), WI 1/31/2011 Bison Media Blog
Andrew Bonnet, 6-3, 225, FB, Underwood, IA 12/20/2010 Bison Media Blog
Jordan Champion, 5-9, 160, CB/RB,Avondale (Westview), AZ 12/16/2010 Scout.com
Joshua Colville, 6-3, 280, OL, Minnetonka, MN 12/20/2010 Bison Media Blog
DeShawn Dinwidde, 6-2, 215, LB, Hutchinson, KS, 1/18/2011 Bison Media Blog
Berkley Grimm, 6-0, 240, FB, Regina, IA 1/18/2011 Bison Media Blog
Joe Horvath, 6-3, 245, DL, Stevens Point, WI, 9/22/2010 Bison Media Blog
Matt Jones, 5-10, 198, RB, Scottsdale (Horizon), AZ 9/30/2010 Bison Media
Ben LeCompte, 5-10, 180, P/K, Barrington, IL 1/18/2011 Daily Herald (IL)
Derek Lee, 6-4, 245, TE, Maize, KS 11/9/2010 Bison Media Blog
Josh Lisenby, 6-2, 236, DL, Chicago (DeLaSalle), 1/31/2011 EdgyTim
Lyle Norman, 6-4, 232, LB, Roseau, MN 1/25/2011 Bison Media Blog
Andrew Okland, 6-4, 195, WR, Fargo (south), ND 1/3/2011 WDAY (waiting for link)
Nick Scoliere, 6-2, 205, S/LB, Aurora (Marmion Academy), IL 1/18/2011 Bison Media Blog
C.J. Smith, 6-0, 175, WR/DB, Burnsville, MN 12/16/2010 Minnesota Preps.com
Joey Sonnenfeld, 6-4, 200, ATH, Osseo, MN 10/6/2010 Bison Media Blog
Ryan Stanford, 6-2, 180, QB, Scottsdale (Horizon), AZ 9/30/2010 Bison Media
Frank Veldman, 6-4, 190, Apple Valley (Eastview), WR 1/23/2011 MinnesotaPreps.com
Carson Wentz, 6-5, 205, QB, Bismarck (Century), ND 1/3/2011 Bison Media Blog

Out of 19 we lost 11
But picked up
Darius Anderson (to replace Jones)
Joe Haeg (starting rt)
Brian Schaetz (to replace Lisenby)
Nate Moody (regular contributor)
Dylan Dunn (moved to TE to replace Lee)
Leighton Talmadge (replace Norman I heard he was a walkon)
Alex Lavoy

So that is 17 out of 36 guys lost in 2 years but we picked up at least 4 regular contributors as walk ons to make it 13 out of 36 for a 36% attrition rate with 3 other guys that are promising. A few other walk ons too like Cyr, Lesar, Russell, Johnson, and Perkins. And we got the safety from MSUM too but he will need to sit out a year.

Too high but walk ons are saving the team.

The ones that hurt are Amechi, Davis, and Pierce and we may need to pick up a juco d-lineman because of it.

This new class will need to kick ass but on paper its pretty darn good and this years class will be huge. Even though its a ways off I am a little concerned about the 2014 team.

update: SDSU has 85% of their roster from the same 2 classes and some talented players

Tony Almeida
06-17-2013, 06:02 PM
What happened with Andrew Okland? That's news to me.

westnodak93bison
06-17-2013, 07:31 PM

Quit to focus on academics is what I've heard.

runtheoption
06-17-2013, 07:40 PM

Quit to focus on academics is what I've heard. He took a year off for missionary work in Lesotho.

westnodak93bison
06-19-2013, 04:48 PM
He took a year off for missionary work in Lesotho.

Serious?

TransAmBison
06-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Serious?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2You better go to the ER to get that hook out...

tjbison
06-19-2013, 04:53 PM
He took a year off for missionary work in Lesotho.

You serious Clark??

is this a real place

BisonTeacher
06-20-2013, 03:15 AM
You serious Clark??

is this a real place

Oh yeah...Rto ONLY makes serious posts.

HerdBot
07-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Talmadge transfers to Mary. Walked on here and wants to play more. Not that he was going to be a major contributor but we need to recruit a bunch of DEs this year. May need a juco or 2

http://www.goumary.com/mobile/index.aspx?story=2420

Grizzled
07-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Someone on the media blog asked about the status on Crockett. Something up that I don't know about?

SUBISON247
07-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Someone on the media blog asked about the status on Crockett. Something up that I don't know about?
He had a broken hand in spring ball.

TransAmBison
07-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Someone on the media blog asked about the status on Crockett. Something up that I don't know about?Didn't he break his wrist before the spring game?

Grizzled
07-25-2013, 03:02 PM
The wrist better be healed by now. He should be healthy

HerdBot
07-25-2013, 03:35 PM

You're freaked me out for a second buddy!!

westnodak93bison
07-25-2013, 03:55 PM
The wrist better be healed by now. He should be healthy

Both Crockett and Darius Anderson broke their wrists during or before spring ball.

daHERDfollower
07-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Crockett broke his wrist before spring ball, Anderson broke his hand during spring practice..both should be a go for Fall.....

344Johnson
07-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Almost hit John Crockett with my car the other day. I'd have went into hiding.

KSBisonFan
07-25-2013, 04:25 PM

Burgandy said you should go into hiding regardless......you don't need a reason.

BlueBisonRock
07-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Burgandy said you should go into hiding regardless......you don't need a reason.

Is this a new method to increase insurance sales?

IzzyFlexion
07-26-2013, 02:45 AM

WTF 3.44" ?!?!? I'm pretty sure you woulda been drawn and quartered like that soccer ref.

Fargo Crimestoppers camera got a pic of yer ass too.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIZtyDHqjKXtD8jUhVSPTnvkxdCudTB UEHThnZIzPGaT0EV1-2wQ

BisonTeacher
07-26-2013, 02:56 AM
WTF 3.44" ?!?!? I'm pretty sure you woulda been drawn and quartered like that soccer ref.

Fargo Crimestoppers camera got a pic of yer ass too.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIZtyDHqjKXtD8jUhVSPTnvkxdCudTB UEHThnZIzPGaT0EV1-2wQ

Is that a minivan 344? If so ....as your attorney i advise you to bring your gal to that concert in a different vehicle.

bri-dog
07-26-2013, 02:58 AM
Pull keys. Save Crockett.:)

344Johnson
07-26-2013, 03:01 AM

I am in hiding. Burgandy is the reason.

Posted from my Fallout shelter.

Is that a minivan 344? If so ....as your attorney i advise you to bring your gal to that concert in a different vehicle.

haha I roll in an '05 Taurus. A minivan would be an upgrade.

Pull keys. Save Crockett.:)

Just gimme a ride to work at 5 pm every night and i'll gladly forfeit the car.

BisonTeacher
07-26-2013, 03:06 AM
haha I roll in an '05 Taurus. A minivan would be an upgrade.

Im thinking of an snl skit where will ferrel keeps shouting " i drive a dodge stratus!"

bri-dog
07-26-2013, 03:14 AM
Just gimme a ride to work at 5 pm every night and i'll gladly forfeit the car.

You could always find an alternate mode of transportation...:duel:

http://astrofix.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/pee-wee-herman-riding-his-bike.gif