PDA

View Full Version : New NCAA regulation

tony
05-02-2013, 12:14 AM
News via AGS:

(http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22172774/ncaa-rules-committee-bans-hash-tags-urls-from-football-fields)http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22172774/ncaa-rules-committee-bans-hash-tags-urls-from-football-fields

The only things allowed on a football field:
NCAA logo
Conference logo
School name/logo
Team name/logo
Naming rights buys you two spots to put your organization's name, no logos allowed
Please say that this means that the pointless FargoDome names and the accompanying pinwheel logos on the FargoDome turf will soon be a thing of the past.

gumby013
05-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Cornea searing red fields are still ok though.

IndyBison
05-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Not a new rule. Just a clarification of the existing rule interpreting hash tags as advertising.

NorthernBison
05-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Gate City Bank logo?

roadwarrior
05-02-2013, 01:43 AM
How about this one?

No field marking may obscure any portion of any yard line, sideline, or goal line. Each line in its entirety must be clearly visible to the officials on the field. These markings may not touch or enclose the hash marks.

acf2
05-02-2013, 03:10 AM
I just wish NCAA would enforce the rules consistently or get rid of them.

IndyBison
05-02-2013, 03:58 AM
How about this one?

No field marking may obscure any portion of any yard line, sideline, or goal line. Each line in its entirety must be clearly visible to the officials on the field. These markings may not touch or enclose the hash marks.

You probably can't see it from the stands but this usually requires a shadow line through the logo so the line is still visible on the field to the officials. The primary reason is it may be needed to place the clip on a measurement.

Gate City Bank logo?
This is OK because of this allowance: "Naming rights buys you two spots to put your organization's name, no logos allowed". You don't see the GC logo but you see the name. They conveniently used the font GC uses though.

Hammerhead
05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
On the plus side, institutional and conference logos can now be placed on the end zone pylons.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/ncaa-rules-committee-bans-hashtags-on-football-fields/

BisonNeil
05-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Is there a regulation that the yard lines have to be straight? Probably not since the 30 yd line on the south side of the field is so damned crooked it almost wraps around itself.

IndyBison
05-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Is there a regulation that the yard lines have to be straight? Probably not since the 30 yd line on the south side of the field is so damned crooked it almost wraps around itself.

LOL...you should see some of the lines we see on Friday nights. You can tell some schools hire the town drunk to paint them. Field turf fields should be true though.

southcliffbison
05-05-2013, 10:02 PM
LOL...you should see some of the lines we see on Friday nights. You can tell some schools hire the town drunk to paint them. Field turf fields should be true though.

I'm a line judge on my Friday night crew......... I've worked high school football on some fields that are so crowned that if the linesman was any shorter, I wouldn't have been able to see him. I'm not even going to talk about the lighting.

Hammerhead
05-06-2013, 02:37 PM
The old turf at the unidome didn't have straight lines either. This photo is from 2008.

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/gjhammer/NDSU%20Football/aaaa.jpg

westnodak93bison
05-06-2013, 07:39 PM

I'm in sec 17 and it looks bad. Can't believe they don't fix it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GRAFTONBISON
05-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm in sec 17 and it looks bad. Can't believe they don't fix it.

How much have you and BisonNeil had to drink at tailgating before you head into the dome?

IndyBison
05-06-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm a line judge on my Friday night crew......... I've worked high school football on some fields that are so crowned that if the linesman was any shorter, I wouldn't have been able to see him. I'm not even going to talk about the lighting.

LOL...very true. To me it adds to the fun and mystique of high school football on Friday nights. The field turf fields (most of the schools in metro Indy have it) are nice but I still like a good grass field on a nice Friday night in the middle of a corn field.

westnodak93bison
05-07-2013, 12:35 AM
How much have you and BisonNeil had to drink at tailgating before you head into the dome?

Probably 8 beers on average but that is starting early :p

THEsocalledfan
05-07-2013, 01:32 AM
LOL...very true. To me it adds to the fun and mystique of high school football on Friday nights. The field turf fields (most of the schools in metro Indy have it) are nice but I still like a good grass field on a nice Friday night in the middle of a corn field.

There is nothing quite like a beautiful Friday night, playing under the lights in a small town. Nothing brought out people in my small town like those games. And to be a player, with the grass under you feet, and the smell of football in the air, there is really nothing better in life. Heck, the priests and pastors even came!

My goodness, I am almost tearing up; must be the 30K miles I've flown in the last couple days.....

GRAFTONBISON
05-07-2013, 03:29 AM
Probably 8 beers on average but that is starting early :p

:cheers::cheers:

GRAFTONBISON
05-07-2013, 03:30 AM
There is nothing quite like a beautiful Friday night, playing under the lights in a small town. Nothing brought out people in my small town like those games. And to be a player, with the grass under you feet, and the smell of football in the air, there is really nothing better in life. Heck, the priests and pastors even came! My goodness, I am almost tearing up; must be the 30K miles I've flown in the last couple days.....

I bet they did.

NorthernBison
05-07-2013, 12:44 PM
I bet they did.

It appears Izzy hacked another account.

Tony Almeida
05-13-2013, 11:03 AM

LOL...I thought I was the only one that noticed that!