PDA

View Full Version : Marv Bossart has Died :(

jimmyptubas
04-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Just found out that long time WDAY broadcaster has died at 79 years of age....many people on here, myself included grew up watching his broadcasts....42 years is a long time.

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/79070/

THEsocalledfan
04-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Marv will always make be think of college as I used to watch WDAY exclusively due to NDSU coverage. (I grew up watching WDAZ in Potatoville; it was painful.) They had a great newscast, rounded out by Eddie doing sports; man those were the days.

Rest in peace, marv. I loved ya.

Hammerhead
04-24-2013, 12:48 AM
RIP Marvin! (I think Dewey Bergquist always called him "Marvin" instead of just Marv.)

Every weeknight my dad would come home from work, turn on the NBC Nightly news (WDAY used to be an NBC affiliate) and then we'd eat dinner with Marv's voice coming from the living room.

sambini
04-24-2013, 01:26 AM
Rip marv...

WYOBISONMAN
04-24-2013, 03:53 AM
An outstanding broadcaster. A classy individual. RIP.

North Side
04-24-2013, 05:09 AM
I was really little when he went off the air, watching a review video of all he has done is very impressive. He was a true journalist.

HerdBot
04-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Grew up watching Marv, Dana, Big Eddie, John Wheeler, and Maureen Zimmerman. Marv was the man! Really had some talent back then but Marv was the constant. Listened to Dana Mock and Kirstin Keely talk about him on the radio yesterday. Good stuff

mebisonII
04-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Grew up watching Marv, Dana, Big Eddie, John Wheeler, and Maureen Zimmerman. Marv was the man! Really had some talent back then but Marv was the constant. Listened to Dana Mock and Kirstin Keely talk about him on the radio yesterday. Good stuff

About the same for me. I remember seeing him at the FMCT one time and I was a little star-struck.

MNLonghorn10
04-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Always liked marv. Great anchor...thinkin back, wday has kept a lot of their people around for a while...richardson, mogck, wheeler have been there for a long time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2