PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston Moving Up?

CivilBison96
04-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Attention TAB (resident Katfan) this is the first I have read of this, wonder how founded in truth it is?

http://katfans.com/forum/index.php?topic=8534.0

tjbison
04-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Attention TAB (resident Katfan) this is the first I have read of this, wonder how founded in truth it is?

http://katfans.com/forum/index.php?topic=8534.0

lol, once Flanders and. Co are gone they are right back to the bottom

if that's a school the sunbelt is going after I feel for App and GSU

unbison
04-21-2013, 01:09 PM
lol, once Flanders and. Co are gone they are right back to the bottom

if that's a school the sunbelt is going after I feel for App and GSU
with this logic once brock and company are gone we are back to 3-8? success breads success your smart enough to know this tj

tjbison
04-21-2013, 02:03 PM
with this logic once brock and company are gone we are back to 3-8? success breads success your smart enough to know this tj

well we very well could be time will tell, all I'm saying is without a couple of the key transfers they got generally SHSU isn't a perennial power. they could also get better i understand that, but they are absolutely not ready for FBS much like we are not either

unbison
04-21-2013, 02:35 PM
well we very well could be time will tell, all I'm saying is without a couple of the key transfers they got generally SHSU isn't a perennial power. they could also get better i understand that, but they are absolutely not ready for FBS much like we are not either
Ok then is gsu and app st ready ?

tjbison
04-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Ok then is gsu and app st ready ?

as far as quality history, support and facilities, yes, we will find out. I will be very curious to see if App St sustains support all they have to do is look at UMASS

do I think they should have, no

I'm just fine watching football at this level, but I also understand a playoff type system is coming in FBS but I just think it will be formatted in the future to make it virtually impossible for non BCS schools to make it.

MAKBison
04-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Didn't they change there entire offense to better match their current players? IMHO---this will be troublesome for them. It seems you are better off recruiting players to fit your system not the other way around.

onbison09
04-22-2013, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't give up on UMASS yet (or any school that is in it's transition period). It took Western Kentucky awhile but their program is turning around

MN_Moose
04-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Sun Belt must have broken out the rolla deck. (ask someone over forty)

Indiana State was invited to Sun Belt
http://tribstar.com/sports/x1520509571/ISU-MVFC-brace-for-change-at-FCS-football-level

Don't take offense to it. I'm sure NDSU was invited first.

1998braves64
04-23-2013, 02:28 AM

Rolodex...

Wouldn't expect a UNI fan to actually know though...

And I'm less than 40.

BlueBisonRock
04-23-2013, 02:34 AM

Indiana State was invited to Sun Belt
http://tribstar.com/sports/x1520509571/ISU-MVFC-brace-for-change-at-FCS-football-level

Rolodex...

Wouldn't expect a UNI fan to actually know though...

And I'm less than 40.

Just to insure that the two of you are speaking of the same object and because the UNI grads I have met understand pictures better than words...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yXBajbbummE/ToHpj0Jn1uI/AAAAAAAACC4/KjJPr0iafmo/s1600/rolodex.jpg

1998braves64
04-23-2013, 02:42 AM
Just to insure that the two of you are speaking of the same object and because the UNI grads I have met understand pictures better than words...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yXBajbbummE/ToHpj0Jn1uI/AAAAAAAACC4/KjJPr0iafmo/s1600/rolodex.jpg

Thanks BBR... forgot that a picture is worth a thousand addresses... :D

NDSUguy
04-23-2013, 01:03 PM

I wouldn't be so sure about that. We have great programs but a miserable location. MOST conferences would want nothing to do with us simply because their schools can't afford to fly each of their olympic sports to Fargo. I wish that it were different but its not. The Dakota schools will always be a last option. The only thing that we can do is to band together and build a really good conference that maybe someday people want to join. (that however is much more difficult than it sounds).

Hammerhead
04-23-2013, 01:28 PM
UMass also moved their home games something like an hour from campus which makes it harder for students to attend.

As for fan support as SHSU, they managed to average 8,083 fans per game in 2011 which includes the playoffs. I can't see any team ready to move up if they can't draw close to 20,000 when their team is having a great year.

as far as quality history, support and facilities, yes, we will find out. I will be very curious to see if App St sustains support all they have to do is look at UMASS

do I think they should have, no

I'm just fine watching football at this level, but I also understand a playoff type system is coming in FBS but I just think it will be formatted in the future to make it virtually impossible for non BCS schools to make it.

BisonNeil
05-14-2013, 03:47 PM
UMass also moved their home games something like an hour from campus which makes it harder for students to attend.

As for fan support as SHSU, they managed to average 8,083 fans per game in 2011 which includes the playoffs. I can't see any team ready to move up if they can't draw close to 20,000 when their team is having a great year.

SHSU can't even afford to keep their players on campus between their semi-final wins and the natty, how the hell are they going to afford 22 more scholarships.

BisonNation11
05-14-2013, 06:39 PM
SHSU can't even afford to keep their players on campus between their semi-final wins and the natty, how the hell are they going to afford 22 more scholarships.

They planted one of them new fangled trees by their AD's office. Yeah, you grow the thing and it provides you with cash, exposure, and a new tv market/contract with loads of cash!*

* I don't think teh purple is necessary here due to blatant and over-the-top sarcasm

TransAmBison
05-14-2013, 06:45 PM
* I don't think teh purple is necessary here due to blatant and over-the-top sarcasmJust add this disclaimer to anything a UN_ person says and we should be good.