PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Transfer List

BisonJD
04-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Jeff Goodman's annual Transfer List is back. The first edition contains more than 250 transfers already.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22007798/transfer-list-first-edition

Not many Summit Leaguers on the list as of yet:
Jared Bartling (USD)
Lyonell Gaines (IUPUI)
Korab Imami (Oakland)
Matt Poches (Oakland)
Michael Onuorah (IPFW)

For some reason, UW-Green Bay already has four (4) declared transfers:
Nick Arenz (6-8 Fr. Forward)
Ryan Bross (7-1 Fr. Center)
Kam Cerroni (6-2 Jr. Guard)
Sultan Muhammad (6-2 Jr. Guard)

Those that follow recruiting much more closely than I do might find some interesting names on the list.

MN_BISON
05-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Tweet from TV at Argus Leader:

Just in: @CoachNagy (http://www.bisonville.com/CoachNagy) says that sophomore scholarship guard Taevaun Prince will transfer out of SDSU in search of more playing time.

ndsubison1
05-01-2013, 06:23 PM
i always thought prince deserved more playing time

HoopsBison
05-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Guessing this opens up the room for the transfer the bunnies want?

wow
05-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Guessing this opens up the room for the transfer the bunnies want?

Correct. I would be pretty surprised if the former Gator doesn't end up at SDSU now, from what I've heard (not just coffee shop talk either).

Whether or not he will find success is anybody's guess, but majors were certainly excited about him in high school.

Mr. Burgundy
05-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Larson is going to be a Jack. Something must have changed for Nagy to accept this kid. Interesting dynamic down in Brookings.

jacks1
05-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Larson is going to be a Jack. Something must have changed for Nagy to accept this kid. Interesting dynamic down in Brookings.
And if the Bison were to land him you'd go on and on about how this young man has turned the corner and how he is going to be a difference maker in the Summit...blah, blah, blah.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

silkamilkamonico
05-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Dude doesn't really have a lot of experience in college. After sitting out, he's going to have to sit out again because the window of sitting after transferring doesn't come into affect until they actually transfer. Looks like he'll only have 1 season of eligibiity.

ndsoccerfan
05-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Dude doesn't really have a lot of experience in college. After sitting out, he's going to have to sit out again because the window of sitting after transferring doesn't come into affect until they actually transfer. Looks like he'll only have 1 season of eligibiity.

I believe he is eligible right away.

silkamilkamonico
05-02-2013, 03:45 PM
I believe he is eligible right away.

Was he granted an exception?

The transfer rule from NCAA is stated as a year-in resident policy, meaning before he is eligible to play he has to be at the school on campus for a year prior. It ensures that players transfer for academic reasons as well as atheltics. I think it's a joke rule, I do know that's the hold up and SDSU themselves aren't even sure when he will be eligible and how many years.

Did they get an exception that already came through? I would find that hard to believe when the NCAA hasn't even address the football transfer exceptions.

KUlawJack
05-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Was he granted an exception?

The transfer rule from NCAA is stated as a year-in resident policy, meaning before he is eligible to play he has to be at the school on campus for a year prior. It ensures that players transfer for academic reasons as well as atheltics. I think it's a joke rule, I do know that's the hold up and SDSU themselves aren't even sure when he will be eligible and how many years.

Did they get an exception that already came through? I would find that hard to believe when the NCAA hasn't even address the football transfer exceptions.

You can check our board on this topic. Paul Seville, head of the Dakota Schoolers just posted info on this. Short answer: He'd need a waiver to play right away and no one has any information on whether that has occurred, but it seems that is has not at this point. That's what I gather at least.

Mr. Burgundy
05-02-2013, 06:20 PM
If he doesn't get the waiver, he will play at Moorhead state.

Mr. Burgundy
05-02-2013, 06:27 PM
And if the Bison were to land him you'd go on and on about how this young man has turned the corner and how he is going to be a difference maker in the Summit...blah, blah, blah.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

I'm curious as to why you would think this? I wish the kid well. Clearly Nagy's opinion of the kid has changed as he's now going to be a jack and his past will be erased. I hope he has turned the corner from a very checkered past.

Bison"FANatic"
05-02-2013, 06:30 PM
A lot of hype for someone who has scored 12 total points the last 3 years. Holy red flags batman.

wow
05-03-2013, 09:44 PM
A lot of hype for someone who has scored 12 total points the last 3 years. Holy red flags batman.

There are many Jackrabbit fans who agree with your assessment.

That being said, he is a 6'7"+ athletic kid who was heavily recruited to play the 3 at Florida. Not a lot of those types in the Summit, easy to see why some ears would perk up.

MN_BISON
05-04-2013, 12:19 AM
There are many Jackrabbit fans who agree with your assessment.

That being said, he is a 6'7"+ athletic kid who was heavily recruited to play the 3 at Florida. Not a lot of those types in the Summit, easy to see why some ears would perk up.

Yeah right, ears, we all know what you mean, bunny boy! You're just a sickie. :biggrin:

The Lost Dutchman
05-05-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm curious as to why you would think this? I wish the kid well. Clearly Nagy's opinion of the kid has changed as he's now going to be a jack and his past will be erased. I hope he has turned the corner from a very checkered past.

You have to realize though that this poster is a complete sellout and will say whatever is in the best interest of NDSU/whatever makes him look good. When you mix personal relationships on a message board, probably not the best idea......

rutlandbison
05-19-2013, 09:18 PM
He said that because every recruit NDSU has ever landed you and the folks on this board scream and shout about how great he is and how he is going to be the next thing. If this young man were to choose NDSU, there is no doubt in my mind and I'm sure others you would be screaming to the heavens about how he is the final piece to get back to the NCAA tourney.

BisonJD
05-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Sorry...I posted this in the "Other Schools Thread", but Larson is officially a Jackrabbit....barring a waiver from the NCAA, he won't be eligible until 2014.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130521/UPDATES/130521016/Breaking-Roosevelt-grad-former-Florida-player-Cody-Larson-join-SDSU-team