PDA

View Full Version : Sure glad NDSU doesn't have to resort to this

BisonNeil
04-10-2013, 05:45 PM
There is no doubt that the pressure to be successful is very high in DI football. The other thread on Auburn and other violations by schools verifies that.

But sometimes FCS schools take players that, quite frankly, have trouble written all over them. Most will likely disagree with me on this, as you did regarding the Griz coach taking back a QB accused of rape, but I for one am very happy Bohl doesn't resort to bringing FBS players such as this in order to stay competitive.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4583745

BisonNation11
04-10-2013, 05:54 PM
There is no doubt that the pressure to be successful is very high in DI football. The other thread on Auburn and other violations by schools verifies that.

But sometimes FCS schools take players that, quite frankly, have trouble written all over them. Most will likely disagree with me on this, as you did regarding the Griz coach taking back a QB accused of rape, but I for one am very happy Bohl doesn't resort to bringing FBS players such as this in order to stay competitive.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4583745

I saw Dom's tweet on this transfer and my immediate thought was, "What's wrong with the kid?" I was too lazy to do the leg work so thanks for that. I'm very thankful that Bohl takes a chance on kids with problems in the classroom and not kids with off the field issues. Kids like MW and The Rocket have proven they are worth the extra work.

bri-dog
04-10-2013, 05:59 PM
A guy who's failed three drug tests moves to Washington? Why would he want to do that?

Grizzled
04-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Coach Bohl would never keep someone around with failed drug test and off the field troubles. I guess I don't know how to use purple font. It happens here too. I don't know if we'd accept a kid, but I can tell you if he can play, the coaching staff won't let him go.

KilldeerBison
04-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Coach Bohl would never keep someone around with failed drug test and off the field troubles. I guess I don't know how to use purple font. It happens here too. I don't know if we'd accept a kid, but I can tell you if he can play, the coaching staff won't let him go.
Seems like, a few year back, Bohl let some players go that were involved with drugs. I believe some of them were decent athletes.

North Side
04-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Seems like, a few year back, Bohl let some players go that were involved with drugs. I believe some of them were decent athletes.

yea... it seems like Bohls handles it on a case by case basis...but in my honest opinion I think there may be a slight favoritism if the player is a key player. Ojuri a repeat offender of team rules only got suspended 1 game

KilldeerBison
04-10-2013, 10:43 PM
yea... it seems like Bohls handles it on a case by case basis...but in my honest opinion I think there may be a slight favoritism if the player is a key player. Ojuri a repeat offender of team rules only got suspended 1 game

Didn't Bohl let the team captains decide, first they suspended Ojuri then a year later let him back on the team? I think Ojuri was the only player suspended by Bohl last season (1 game)?

Grizzled
04-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Didn't Bohl let the team captains decide, first they suspended Ojuri then a year later let him back on the team? I think Ojuri was the only player suspended by Bohl last season (1 game)?

For his actions, which were more than drug use, the captains decision was to have him removed from the team.