PDA

View Full Version : Alumni/Fan Bus Trip to Youngstown

Southern Bison
04-10-2013, 05:15 PM
A few of us in the Carolinas have reserved a charter bus for a road trip from Charlotte, NC to Youngstown State for the game on Nov. 16th. As of today, we have filled 20 of the 44 seats. If you live in North or South Carolina or western Virginia and are interested in going, you can email me at carolina.ndsu@gmail.com.

Your $140 includes r/t transportation, game ticket, tailgating fee, along with gameday breakfast buffet & tailgating cookout. Not included is dinner in Pittsburgh (<$20) or beverages (BYOB). We'll depart from Charlotte at 10 pm on Friday, Nov. 15th with a stop in Statesville, NC (and Wytheville, VA if necessary) and arrive back in Charlotte on Sunday about 6 am.

Southern Bison
05-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Update:

TeamMakers has joined up with the group and we will be tailgating together on the patio overlooking the south endzone (3 blocks closer than any YSU fans!) before the NDSU @ YSU game. If you have any alumni friends in the Carolinas or western Virginia, please reach out to them with the info above and email address: carolina.ndsu@gmail.com. We are over 1/2 full for the bus at this point and we believe that we will be sold out by the K-State game so act quickly.

roadwarrior
05-11-2013, 06:35 AM
See you there!

gumby013
05-11-2013, 09:42 AM
I'll be making the trip from NYC, see everyone there.

Bison"FANatic"
05-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Looks like we are going to fly into Pittsburgh this year for the game.

gumby013
07-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Checked with the YSU ticket office and tix go on sale 8/1.

80ALUM
07-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Flying into Pitt for the game also. Bison on Saturday, Steelers game Sunday.

Bison"FANatic"
07-17-2013, 09:25 PM
We may be switching and going back to flying into Cleveland. We will see what my wife wants to do not a lot of things in Cleveland but wouldn't mind spending some more time in the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Looks like it might be a shorter trip than we had thought originally or may have to extend it to flying back on Monday or something.

80ALUM
07-18-2013, 06:02 PM
My brother and his wife (NDSU alumni) live in Pitt so we will fly in and out of there and stay with them. Group of 10 or so going to the Bison game.

bisonaudit
07-18-2013, 08:11 PM
We may be switching and going back to flying into Cleveland. We will see what my wife wants to do not a lot of things in Cleveland but wouldn't mind spending some more time in the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Looks like it might be a shorter trip than we had thought originally or may have to extend it to flying back on Monday or something.

This place is nice: http://www.gliddenhouse.com/

It's over the the Cleveland Clinic and Case Western Reserve University.

Their web site has some good links to stuff in that area of town so even if you don't stay there it may have some ideas for you.

gumby013
08-01-2013, 12:29 PM
YSU tickets go on sale at 8am central.

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/releases/2013073162glyr

80ALUM
10-09-2013, 03:58 AM
Booked a flight today out of Fargo to Pittsburgh for Youngstown game. $332 round trip on Delta . Pretty decent price but ends October 10 if any fans are thinking about going.

SamsRams
10-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Im kicking myself for not jumping on 230 tickets out of Vegas before the KState game. 332 out of Fargo is about the same price Vegas is now.....not bad at all. This game has all the makings of a big time atmosphere!!

Bison"FANatic"
10-09-2013, 11:48 AM
The lowest I have seen the last 6 months was 316 into either Pittsburgh or Cleveland. My wife ended up with work commitments so our trip is scrapped.

letsgoguins
10-11-2013, 01:43 AM
Hope you bring a big contingent! Jim Tressel is being inducted into the YSU Athletics HOF that game and hopefully we are a top 15 team. Still have to ask, what is this patio overlooking the south endzone??? On the north side there is a road and the Madison Avenue Expressway. On the south side the field slopes down to a parking lot right into our basketball arena.

For your own sake, tailgate down by the YSU fans. We are a friendly and hospitable bunch and you'd be welcome at any tailgate!

Southern Bison
10-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Update:

So far we have 62 Bison that have signed up to join us in Youngstown for the tailgate event. We are still taking reservations for a Ticket & Tailgate package for only $40/person or if you already have your ticket, the price is $25. You can send an email to carolina.ndsu@gmail.com if interested. We will arrive about 10 am and have the food ready about 11.

We will be in Lot M-7 on Lincoln Avenue. You will be able to park in lot M-26 and walk across the street.

Tailgate Menu (Inclusive):
Burgers/Brats/Carolina Smoked Pork Loin
Chips
Baked Beans and other sides
Desserts
Pop/Water/Beer

**OH State Law doesn't allow alcohol on State property without special permit. YSU provides special permit for sale of beer for event only in lot M-7.

Bison"FANatic"
10-15-2013, 08:08 PM
I got a alert that tickets dropped to $266 on Delta. That is now the lowest I have seen and I wouldn't expect much lower for that route. I would expect the other airlines to follow suite shortly.

jtownbisonfan
11-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Flying out Friday morning at 5 am, back Sunday morning at 6 am. Base price for the tickets were $265/ea out of Fargo. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the tailgate and game! GO BISON!

StL Bison Fan
11-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Flying out at 7a on Friday. Home by noon Sunday. $520 for two rt tics and rental car. Getting there in time Friday for the R&Roll Hall of Fame ( cause we all know Cleveland Rocks)