PDA

View Full Version : Next Year's Championship

jdabison
03-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know the date of next years championship game? Is it January 4th, 2014 or January 11th, 2014? I can not find it posted anywhere.

THEsocalledfan
03-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know the date of next years championship game? Is it January 4th, 2014 or January 11th, 2014? I can not find it posted anywhere.

Since BCS title game is Jan 6, I am betting on Jan 4. And, yes, you are right, it is not yet official.

BismarckBisonFan
03-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Since BCS title game is Jan 6, I am betting on Jan 4. And, yes, you are right, it is not yet official.

Agree with TSF. Did some checking and the date for official posting of date and time was 5/30/2012 by the NCAA.

1998braves64
03-27-2013, 02:36 AM
Will be curious on this, last year they announced on May 29th (at least Big Sky conference had an announcment of date on the 29th from my search). The year before it was July 28th was earliest I found but that could be off.

January 4th would only give 2 weeks between the last semi final game and the championship game, meaning teams would only have a little over a week to prepare for the game as they head down to Texas on Tuesday prior? Seems like a short time span especially with Christmas in there. Better be fairly healthy heading into playoffs if that is the case as there will not be much time for resting. Seems it would put the crunch on fanbases/atheletic departments to get their stuff together too! At least NDSU will have an advantage of having done it the last 2 years they know exactly what they need to do! :D

Rynomite
03-27-2013, 07:27 AM
All I know is that tickets go on sale in June for about $27! Heard it today at a Easter celebration by the balloon animal guy. Sounded credible.

SamsRams
03-27-2013, 10:16 AM
All I know is that tickets go on sale in June for about $27! Heard it today at a Easter celebration by the balloon animal guy. Sounded credible.

There are early purchases offered to those who bought through the ncaa last year

THEsocalledfan
03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
There are early purchases offered to those who bought through the ncaa last year

Well I did. How do we find out about it?

onbison09
03-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Well I did. How do we find out about it?

Last year I got an email. I believe they were for cheaper than when for the general public as well

HerdBot
03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Anyone know which side we will be on? Yeah i know all sides but what's the official side

GRAFTONBISON
03-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Anyone know which side we will be on? Yeah i know all sides but what's the official side

I really hope you forgot the purple?!?!

aces1180
03-27-2013, 04:36 PM

Depends on what side of the bracket wins the coin toss...Hence, that will be determined in late November/early December.

HerdBot
03-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Depends on what side of the bracket wins the coin toss...Hence, that will be determined in late November/early December.

Coin toss nice

Bison bison
03-27-2013, 06:26 PM

The side of a chicken that has the least feathers.

BlueBisonRock
03-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Don't those people with fat heads really just get your goat?

Disclaimer: Not talking about the Tranny / AG goat

BisonNation11
03-27-2013, 08:59 PM

Unless SHSU is in it again, we will own the place. An entire stadium clad in yellow/gold would be sweet!

Bisonfan1
03-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Unless SHSU is in it again, we will own the place. An entire stadium clad in yellow/gold would be sweet!

I tend to agree with this statement, but lets make it yellow/gold/green. :D

BisonNeil
03-28-2013, 12:15 AM
As to when the natty is, that is a good question. NCAA website says TBD. I asked Gene and he said "good question". He emailed back later and said NCAA is mum and that Patty V didn't know and couldn't find out.

All I know is this, when I go to the Marriott and try to book a room, Jan 4 is a pre-pay only, and Jan 11 is a normal reservation that can be held with a credit card. When I called them and asked why I had to pre-pay for my room Jan 4 they told me that it was because the FCS national championship game is that weekend.

So, the NCAA may not want to tell you, but the local hotels will :D

1998braves64
03-28-2013, 02:20 AM
As to when the natty is, that is a good question. NCAA website says TBD. I asked Gene and he said "good question". He emailed back later and said NCAA is mum and that Patty V didn't know and couldn't find out.

All I know is this, when I go to the Marriott and try to book a room, Jan 4 is a pre-pay only, and Jan 11 is a normal reservation that can be held with a credit card. When I called them and asked why I had to pre-pay for my room Jan 4 they told me that it was because the FCS national championship game is that weekend.

Yeah NCAA can change their minds too :) I just checked now and and says no rooms available...

THEsocalledfan
03-28-2013, 02:49 AM
Glad I have my Hinton garden Inn reservations locked down not to mention Hilton honors is officially gutted as of tomorrow.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gumby013
03-28-2013, 02:52 AM
Glad I got my room locked in back in January.

Rental car is all set as well. I'll wait on the flight until things are all squared away.

Herd
03-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Is there a conspiracy on not announcing the date to hold off the Bison fans? You know that somewhere that is being discussed

EndZoneQB
03-28-2013, 11:28 PM

Exactly. The Comfort Suites in the parking lot was 2x the price of the next weekend. Booked the first day we could and boom, we are golden, hardly any driving will be needed year. Score.

CarringtonBison
03-29-2013, 02:13 AM
Exactly. The Comfort Suites in the parking lot was 2x the price of the next weekend. Booked the first day we could and boom, we are golden, hardly any driving will be needed year. Score. We booked rooms the night of the game this year, for Jan 4. The front desk guy was very confident that that was the weekend that we will be back.

56BISON73
04-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Is there a conspiracy on not announcing the date to hold off the Bison fans? You know that somewhere that is being discussed

Direct from the NCAA------

The FCS Championship Game will be on Saturday, January 4 in Frisco again. We have not yet set an on-sale date for tickets, however, it is likely be to sometime late summer for the general public. Prior to the general public on-sale we plan to have a private sale directly to previous purchasers such as yourself.

1998braves64
04-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Guess I was wrong... so Bison fans who bought last year are going to buy up all the tickets prior to them going on sale to public again? When did this pre-buy period happen last year? If I remember right some people posted the link for the pre-buy. Looking to make it to 2014 championship game after not being able to last year!

THEsocalledfan
04-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Guess I was wrong... so Bison fans who bought last year are going to buy up all the tickets prior to them going on sale to public again? When did this pre-buy period happen last year? If I remember right some people posted the link for the pre-buy. Looking to make it to 2014 championship game after not being able to last year!

You bet we will. I would just remind everyone that last year's seats were quite reasonable. I did not even do the pre-buy and I think it ended up $35/seat and I was happy with my endzone seat. If NDSU does not make it, I will just put them on ebay for about a 72 hour listing immediately after the two teams are known. and set the starting bid at 1 penny and let supply and demand take over. This is very easy to do, and ebay selling fees for auctions are low. If lucky enough for say a Montana/Sam Houstan match up, I may even make some dough.

TransAmBison
04-03-2013, 02:30 PM
You bet we will. I would just remind everyone that last year's seats were quite reasonable. I did not even do the pre-buy and I think it ended up $35/seat and I was happy with my endzone seat. If NDSU does not make it, I will just put them on ebay for about a 72 hour listing immediately after the two teams are known. and set the starting bid at 1 penny and let supply and demand take over. This is very easy to do, and ebay selling fees for auctions are low. If lucky enough for say a Montana/Sam Houstan match up, I may even make some dough.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: