PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Outdoor 2013

Buffalo.Rider
03-25-2013, 05:13 AM
The outdoor season is here. Good luck to all of NDSU's men and women T & F athletes.

Congratulations to Sr. Kole Seiler for getting a PR this past weekend at Arizona State (800 m).
Your last year dude, go all out, run with some reckless abandon, and kick some butt.
I hope you have a great last year and go out on a high.

Hammerhead
03-25-2013, 06:33 PM
As I used to tell my students who ran track: "Break a leg." :-)

Buffalo.Rider
03-31-2013, 04:35 AM
Some excellent times this past weekend, especially considering it is still March.

Travis Fitzke and Alec Espeland both got PRs (1500m and 800m),
and Stratioti and Tinglestad got PRs on the womens side (800m and 200m)
(I may have missed some PRs ... these are the ones I noticed).
Some very good performances by others.

Terrific early season 2013

sambini
04-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Good Luck this week NDSU mens and womens teams. Ass they are at the Sun Angel meet in Tempe,Az.

Buffalo.Rider
04-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Another impressive weekend by the Bison in Long Beach, Cerritos, etc. (CA).

I was particularly impressed with Fitzke who ran a 3:46 and 3:57 1500m and a 1:50 800m in three days. These are all very good times. A 3:46 is about the same as a 4:03 mile. He has run several 3:46s now. Often when someone sits on a plateau for a bit they soon get a breakout performance. I think he has a good shot at running 3:42 (which translate to a sub 4:00 mile) this year, his final year.

Buffalo.Rider
05-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Unfortunate, but it looks like the weather this weekend in Muncie IN for the Summit Championships will be on the cool side (high of about 65) with a good possibility of rain. This means now when the Bison athletes should be peaking, the weather will likley keep many of them from running and fielding to their potential. Generally one needs 75 to 85 to get loosened up for running great times, and a lack of significant wind.

Buffalo.Rider
06-13-2013, 06:51 PM
GREAT to see that Fitzke is getting one more chance to run his best ever. Go get 'em Fitz ... abandon the tactical shi** this time and be reckless, daring, and defiant. If it helps, run a bit angry, as if you have something to prove.

I hope you get a major PR ... I believe you can do it especially considering you have something like five 3:46 times under your belt.
You are ready for a breakthrough. Best wishes and good luck.

Buffalo.Rider
06-16-2013, 07:14 AM
FITZKE, FITZKE, FITZKE. You did it !!

Fitz has his breakthrough, ran a 3:42.32 tonight taking Bollman's 1979 record. Assuming the same pace for a few more yards, that would translate into a 3:58.53 mile. it was a great set of 1500m runners - the winning time was 3:38.34 - Fitz took 9th place

Let's see if he makes into the U.S. Championships. Love to see him make it, but I don't think he wil. Problem is there is already 48 guys ahead of his time (on www.usatf.org) plus there were 8 more ahead of him in his race tonight for a total of 56 (minimum) - more if there were other 'last chance' races elsewhere in the U.S. that had great times. (By they way, over 50 sub-4:00 minute milers in the U.S. in one year - I wonder if that is a first, I bet it is).

Regardless, a hearty congratulations to Travis. Well deserved.