PDA

View Full Version : Attendance next week

Scooter
11-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Come on Bison fans!! We need to draw 17,167 fans next week to average 16,000.

For those of you who were not at the game but in the area, you missed one hell of a game.

I think that we can expect a few Bunnies to show up next Saturday.

What more do you want Bison Fans?

1. Conference championship (there will be no sharing this year)
2. Dakota Marker on the line
3. SDSU has the longest winning streak going of all the Great West teams
4. I hope that they have a Banner already made up, if we win we can hang it from the rafters after the game..

Go Bison.

WYOBISONMAN
11-11-2006, 10:15 PM
I was disgusted with our attendance today........less that 15,000 to witness a game like that?!?! That is shameful. Fargo-Moorhead residents need to get of thier rear ends and go watch this team!!!

Scooter
11-11-2006, 10:19 PM
my daughter and I were there.

Bisonguy
11-11-2006, 10:22 PM
I was there, and the section 21 rowdies were. :)

TheDoctor
11-11-2006, 10:27 PM
I took my fatherinlaw and his brother from out of town to the game. They said after 14-0, what the Hell Deutsch, you said these guys were good. I said no problem, 14 points doesn't phase me, they always fumble the ball on the first posession, if we can score on the next posession, the defense will come alive and look out then. Was I right or what? ::) GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDSUFREAK10
11-11-2006, 10:32 PM
At least the PA announcer got who was there into the game. Standing on 3rd downs and the timeout and offside right away. THAT WAS HUGE!

Tatanka
11-11-2006, 10:37 PM
If we can't sell the joint out for a conference champoinship game, a 9-1 team, a border rivalry, and a sendoff to some excellent seniors, well, that would be beyond pathetic.

coloradobison
11-11-2006, 11:04 PM
If we can't sell the joint out for a conference champoinship game, a 9-1 team, a border rivalry, and a sendoff to some excellent seniors, well, that would be beyond pathetic.
++

chuckles
11-11-2006, 11:11 PM
I sure think a sellout will be in order for next weekend, however I think we will fall short of the attendance record. I say we get a little over 18,000 next weekend. I will be the largest crowd all year, and it WILL be loud and out of control

THEsocalledfan
11-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Hey, I am driving from Duluth, MN to get to this game. This takes much longer than people coming from the Twin Cities. I expect every worthy alumni from to Twin Cities to get off their butt and get to the game. If I can make it, so can you!

99Bison
11-11-2006, 11:58 PM
This game WILL be near sell out... The only reason this weeks game wasn't near 17k is because of the missing 2k of students. SDSU will bring fans, even more local fans and more students. Is is going to happen.

NDSUstudent
11-12-2006, 12:04 AM
19,237, unlike last week everything is coming togather for a huge crowd. Students will show up and pack the southwest corner, 1-2K rabbit fans will make the drive, and it's a 7pm kickoff.

Gully
11-12-2006, 12:34 AM
It will be a near sellout. There were fans at today's game that don't always go to games. The students will be back in force next Saturday and it's the last chance to watch the team this year.

Flintstone
11-12-2006, 12:46 AM
The dome looked like normal today except for the students. If there was a normal student turnout today, we would have been around 16,000

TheBisonator
11-12-2006, 12:47 AM
It won't be a sellout, but it will be very close. 18,000+. There will probably be around 1,500-2,000 Jacks fans, and the students will be back in full force. Probably over 4,000 students this time. The only empty blue seats will be in the upper nook/cranny of the North End Zone and several of them on the top corners of the East Grandstand. The South End Zone will be chock full. No more than 600-700 empty seats total.

TheBisonator
11-12-2006, 12:48 AM
The dome looked like normal today except for the students. *If there was a normal student turnout today, we would have been around 16,000

Probably would have been 16,500 with a standard student turnout of 3,000. I thought there were only about 1,000-1,200 students today.

TheBisonator
11-12-2006, 12:50 AM
At least it's not all bad. A certain unnamed university to the north of us was barely able to muster 9,000 to their game today against another unnamed university located one state below us in a town whose name is also a colour. :D

Tatanka
11-12-2006, 12:56 AM
At least it's not all bad. A certain unnamed university to the north of us was barely able to muster 9,000 to their game today against another unnamed university located one state below us in a town whose name is also a colour. :D
Tatanka applauds your carefully-constructed obfuscation of the less-than-relevant football-related activity that coincidentally happened on or about the same date as the opening of a grandiose canister of whoopass in the building known as teh Fabulous FargoDome.

This is truly a thinking man's thread.

THEsocalledfan
11-12-2006, 01:34 AM
Tatanka applauds your carefully-constructed obfuscation of the less-than-relevant football-related activity that coincidentally happened on or about the same date as the opening of a grandiose canister of whoopass in the building known as teh Fabulous FargoDome.

Great stuff. The best was the using the Nooker word for color.

NDSUFREAK10
11-12-2006, 01:36 AM
19,237, unlike last week everything is coming togather for a huge crowd. Students will show up and pack the southwest corner, 1-2K rabbit fans will make the drive, and it's a 7pm kickoff.

It is a 6 pm kickoff

JackJD
11-12-2006, 02:15 AM
What's the seating record we're going to help you exceed? (And, is the current record from a UNDII game?)

No_Skill
11-12-2006, 02:27 AM
19,046 in 2002 against a team who's name escapes me...some DII team I think. *:)

GFBisonFan
11-12-2006, 02:53 AM
it should be a sellout, and the students better show up this week (they are the key to the sellout)!

My daughter was sick so she and my wife didn't go, it took me all of ten minutes to find someone else to come with me to help root us on to victory

Leonardite
11-12-2006, 03:02 AM

;D

bison_once
11-12-2006, 05:28 AM
I was disgusted with our attendance today........less that 15,000 to witness a game like that?!?! *That is shameful. *Fargo-Moorhead residents need to get of thier rear ends and go watch this team!!!

WYO, you hit the nail on the head. *There were several people in attendance that took in the high shcool championship games Friday up north. *They could have stayed there or just headed back home, but instead came to Fargo for a great game. *But ultimately this was not enough to even hit 15K. *I drove over 600 miles (round trip) today and I've already got tickets for next week. *I am afraid there are too many folks right in the immediate FM area that aren't showing up. *It damn well better be close to sold out this week.

On a lighter note. *My boys and I stopped by Scheels before heading for home. *The younger started wandering over towards the Sioux section. *The older promptly grabbed him and said "you can't go in there". *Those little brains are like sponges!!!

chuckles
11-12-2006, 07:17 AM
it should be a sellout, and the students better show up this week (they are the key to the sellout)!

My daughter was sick so she and my wife didn't go, it took me all of ten minutes to find someone else to come with me to help root us on to victory

the students WILL show up for this game. With the long weekend this past, and Thanksgiving the following I don't see a lot of students leaving campus this weekend. I predict to see a crowd similar to the CSP game. I also think that the 6pm start will also help.

I was glad to see the attendance where is was today considering the game was played at the worst time possible...
1. Hunting
2. Vets Day - Long weekend for students
3. 1pm kickoff (if it was a 6pm or later, the hunters can't be out in the dark!)
I hope NDSU learns, and avoids at all costs to schedule a home game durning this weekend again!

Hammersmith
11-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Some posters have been upset about this week's attendance of 14,706 for Cal Poly. I'd just like to point out that last year's Deer Bowl attendance was a paltry 10,809 for UNC. I would call a 3,897(36%) increase a great sucess. Just think of it as room for a little improvement(just like a 10-1 record). Last year's Dakota Marker game drew 15,777. We are currently up 13.5% on the year which would predict a 2006 Marker crowd of about 17,900. I think anything less than 18,000 would be a disappointment.

Just think, we're on course for a near-sellout season for 2008; the first year of playoff eligibility. Who could have predicted all this back in 2002.

Your friendly neighborhood statistician.

ps. Would you rather have the 9,578 season average like our friends to the north? Didn't think so. ;)

BisonCountry
11-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Some posters have been upset about this week's attendance of 14,706 for Cal Poly. I'd just like to point out that last year's Deer Bowl attendance was a paltry 10,809 for UNC. I would call a 3,897(36%) increase a great sucess. Just think of it as room for a little improvement(just like a 10-1 record). Last year's Dakota Marker game drew 15,777. We are currently up 13.5% on the year which would predict a 2006 Marker crowd of about 17,900. I think anything less than 18,000 would be a disappointment.

Just think, we're on course for a near-sellout season for 2008; the first year of playoff eligibility. Who could have predicted all this back in 2002.

ps. Would you rather have the 9,578 season average like our friends to the north? Didn't think so. ;)

I agree. If we had the normal Student Section the attendance would have been 16500+.

99Bison
11-12-2006, 03:00 PM

I agree. If we had the normal Student Section the attendance would have been 16500+.

yes++++++++++++

Gully
11-12-2006, 03:56 PM

ps. Would you rather have the 9,578 season average like our friends to the north? Didn't think so. *;)

I agree. *If we had the normal Student Section the attendance would have been 16500+.

Country, it looks like you're working hard to get to that fourth star!

BisonCountry
11-12-2006, 04:21 PM

Country, it looks like you're working hard to get to that fourth star!

Nope... just done with harvest so more bisonville time available....

Steph_Popowski
11-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Us Bison fans need to be LOUD and PROUD next Saturday!!! *SDSU is only 2 1/2 hours away- They have a following...and being it is such a short trip (compared to all their others) -they will have I would think more than 2000 fans in OUR stands. *We need to all be there and show the Bison Pride!!! *I know this question may have already been answered but really how may seats is there in the so called "vistors" section. *I know that there usally isn't a huge crowd of vistor fans but I am just wondering?!?!
I know we are ready for some FUN and Bison Football! * :)

Bisonguy
11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Each section in the Fargodome seats ~550 people.

Bison06
11-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Is 1500 to 2000 really all we can expect from the SDSU fans for a conference championship game?

broke_back_mnt
11-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Actually, a couple of years ago I predicted we would be planning a new stadium, outdoors seating around 25,000, in about 5 years, 10 at the outside. At that time nobody really wanted to hear about that sort of thing.

Now Im thinking we will be in a sellout situation at the Fabulous Fargo Dome for a long time. It was clear yesterday if the game had been outside that about half as many would have been there at best. I dont think we will be moving outside soon. It will be a Green Bay situation. Get your season tickets now and hang on to them.

Bisonguy
11-12-2006, 11:17 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I highly doubt more than 1,500 Jacks fans.

Last year they had the visitors section about half-full, with a small scattering in the rest of the Fargodome.

ALPHAMALE
11-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Sorry to say it, but with how the jacks play in the dome, most people I know don't see a lot of incentive to drive a couple of hours, only to watch our beloved jacks be humiliated. You have to win in a location every 40 years or so to make fans want to go there. That said, I think there will be more fans than last year for sure from SDSU.

Herd_Mentality
11-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Well, there were enough fans at the game that they ran out of hot dogs before the end of halftime....

sambini
11-12-2006, 11:59 PM
They better order some more of those CLOVERDALE HOT DOGS this week. Made in Mandan,North Dakota and proud supporters of NDSU Athletics++++

Bisonfan1
11-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Well, there were enough fans at the game that they ran out of hot dogs before the end of halftime....

Right before the start of the game my brain started functioning again and I went to get a program. All sold out. Never made a play for the hot dogs.

sway1331
11-13-2006, 01:23 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but I highly doubt more than 1,500 Jacks fans.

Last year they had the visitors section about half-full, with a small scattering in the rest of the Fargodome.

Just checked on GoBison.com and the one section that is classified as the visitor's section (far north section on the west side) and the best available seats were in row EE.

Jdubs21
11-13-2006, 01:32 AM
i understand that it was the opener for hunting season but i was rather disgusted with the turn out...you can hunt for 4 weeks...u only get to watch 2 top 10 teams play IN FARGO maybe once every few years...cmon bison fans...we gotta support our team a little better than that

sambini
11-13-2006, 01:54 AM
STUDENTS WERE ON BREAK ALSO. SO HOPEFULLY EVERYBODY GOT THERE DEER AND LETS FILL THE PLACE+++