PDA

View Full Version : GDT: NDSU vs. SDSU for the Dance

Pages : [1] 2 3

MAKBison
03-12-2013, 05:02 AM
its officially game day VS SDSU and I like our chances!

Bison03
03-12-2013, 05:12 AM
And who says we can't have the same excitement about basketball as we do with football. I haven't been this nervous/excited about a Bison bball game since the 2009 title game. It's going to be a good game. Jacks have the home court advantage, we need to shut them up early. Wolters will score, there is no stopping that. We need to contain him and prevent him from having a monster game as well as limit the rest of their team. Braun needs to step up early and often. No more 3 point first half. If Marshall can get it going we will have some open looks outside. Our defense is unreal. Time to show it. 1 more win and we're dancing. Let's do it Bison!!

HoopsBison
03-12-2013, 05:24 AM
So much fun watching the boys tonight in the arena, might not have a lot of fans here but I still was yelling as loud as I could.

Big game tomorrow, cant wait to dance on that floor!

THEsocalledfan
03-12-2013, 01:02 PM
National TV baby! High definition baby! (not that the last thing should be novel, but for us back woods yokels, it is.....)

THEsocalledfan
03-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Picking are pretty slim, but if you are looking for tickets for tonight:

http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/tia/

Bison"FANatic"
03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Time to put the smack down on the Bunnies THEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyVjdQXNs9s

tony
03-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Changed teh name of the thread.

Rockbear99
03-12-2013, 02:34 PM
National TV baby! High definition baby! (not that the last thing should be novel, but for us back woods yokels, it is.....)

Damn it it is listed on for ESPN 2. I so much wanted it to be on ESPN 3 but that is blacked out. (/purple)

tcbison
03-12-2013, 02:35 PM
And who says we can't have the same excitement about basketball as we do with football. I haven't been this nervous/exacted about a Bison bball game since the 2009 title game. It's going to be a good game. Jacks have the home court advantage, we need to shut them up early. Wolters will score, there is no stopping that. We need to contain him and prevent him from having a monster game as well as limit the rest of their team. Braun needs to step up early and often. No more 3 point first half. If Marshall can get it going we will have some open looks outside. Our defense is unreal. Time to show it. 1 more win and we're dancing. Let's do it Bison!!

Totally agree. If you love NDSU this is a huge game! Making the Big Dance brings a ton of attention and respect to the University. I do feel that this team doesn't get the respect it deserves and have been totally overshadowed compared to the football team. We all loved the 2009 team and they had a great story but this team can accomplish the same thing. I think NDSU has the better all-around team than SDSU but of course Wolters can be the difference along with the crowd. NDSU really needs to limit turnovers and to stop having those extended scoring droughts. Getting to the foul line will be key for the Bison as well. Need to have LA and Braun drive the lane and open things up for Bjorklund and the shooters on the team. Keep feeding Wright while he is hot as well. Very excited for this game.

jimmyptubas
03-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Not sure but this game might bring more attention to the university than 2009. In 2009 there wasn't the name recognition attached to us yet from our successful FB team. Some random sports aficionados might tune in tonight and make the connection.

MNLonghorn10
03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Ndsu needs to go fbs. Mountain west preferably. is The bball tourney in vegas?

Thats a tad above sioux falls. Leap now or sink with the fcs ship!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Bison"FANatic"
03-12-2013, 02:47 PM
My thoughts for tonight.

Brown has to have a excellent D game and the big thing will be him staying out of foul trouble. We have been doing a good job of switching this year and being good enough defensively to have that work. Remember last year when we would switch and then get beat badly we have improved tremendously defensively from then. We have to keep the switches from getting Woltors on Bjorkland though as that could be major trouble.

On offense we need to have consistency all night long. We can't have the large scoring droughts of the last few nights and when we lost in the regular season. We would have 6-8 minute scoring droughts during those games and Saul has to recognize when it is getting away and take the time outs or get the right play call to stop it. Good teams play great in Big Games. The boys need to be loose and take it up a notch. Play with confidence and swagger. Bjorkland needs to hit the kick out pass as soon as the double team comes and the person he hits needs to be ready to swing the pass or take the shot without hesitation. Hesitate and the D can recover, don't hesitate and have smooth sharp ball movement and we should get open looks. Then we also have to do a great job of adjusting to the way the Officials are calling the game, I expect them to call it really close and put their stamp on the game. I also would love to see Felt in early running his little ass off making them chase him all over the offensive end. The rabbits do not go deep on their bench and this will either tire them out or it will leave him open and we all know what happens when he is left open.

tcbison
03-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Someone correct me if I am wrong but NDSU hasn't lost a conference game this year with Braun in the lineup. Keep in mind NDSU was #1 in the conference and 15-3 before Braun's injury. When NDSU and the Jacks played in Fargo in late December, LA and Bjorklund has huge games.

aces1180
03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
This will be a great game and I expect it to come down to the final minutes.

I just hope nobody sneezes on Wolters, because that will be called a foul.

aces1180
03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Someone correct me if I am wrong but NDSU hasn't lost a conference game this year with Braun in the lineup. Keep in mind NDSU was #1 in the conference and 15-3 before Braun's injury. When NDSU and the Jacks played in Fargo in late December, LA and Bjorklund has huge games.

You are correct sir! Good point!

Tatanka
03-12-2013, 03:03 PM

I just hope nobody sneezes on Wolters, because that will be called a foul.Sad but true.

Snowgoose
03-12-2013, 03:04 PM
One thing I noted last night is that when the post (mainly Bjorkland) is flashing to the block our guys are late on the entry pass or in Braun's case not really even looking for the pass. This pass needs to be early, if delayed it makes for a tough pass and an easy double team. Braun seemed really out of synch in this area as he seems hesitant to make the pass and would rather hold the ball. This timing is crucial for a good offense as it gives Bjorkland the opportunity to have a split second to see the double team coming. Once you ruin this flow it kind of screws up everything.

herdmember
03-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Not sure but this game might bring more attention to the university than 2009. In 2009 there wasn't the name recognition attached to us yet from our successful FB team. Some random sports aficionados might tune in tonight and make the connection.

One definite advantage of this year would be that basically our entire team would be back. This would help exposure both individually and as a team. When Woody and crew made it that was great, the school got exposure, Woody got some late exposure, but except for the midnight madness thing, the hype was pretty much over that year. When SDSU made it last year, you can see how Wolters and their team is on every list this year. Scouts had a full year to watch him after his tournament appearance. People got a chance to learn about him at the big dance, then enjoy that for another year.

I'd love to see that for this crew. Make the dance this year, then have the people start saying 'Wow, all of the players that play meaningful minutes are underclassman, what a great story, etc.' Then next year's schedule will just continue to get better and better, exposure will be high all through next year, and our team and individuals will reap the rewards of that. Side benefit, hopefully this also locks up the BSA renovation which needs to be done yesterday!

bisonsupporter
03-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Wish I could have been in SF for this. Was there for the first court rush. I have this gut feeling Wright will be a major factor tonight. He loves playing in SF and could be the difference maker. Wolters will do his thing. If we can shut down the rest of the team, Court Rush 2013 is on! Bison seal this with a late Trayvon dunk, 62-54.

TAILG8R
03-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Wish I could have been in SF for this. Was there for the first court rush. I have this gut feeling Wright will be a major factor tonight. He loves playing in SF and could be the difference maker. Wolters will do his thing. If we can shut down the rest of the team, Court Rush 2013 is on! Bison seal this with a late Trayvon dunk, 62-54.

Let's hope the players know that Gatorade and hardwood don't mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YYzQYfMRiro

Professor Chaos
03-12-2013, 03:29 PM
In terms of recognition on the national stage this is as big as any football game that's been played in the last two years.

bri-dog
03-12-2013, 03:33 PM

I just hope nobody sneezes on Wolters, because that will be called a foul.

No, it's snot.:rimshot:

tcbison
03-12-2013, 03:34 PM
In terms of recognition on the national stage this is as big as any football game that's been played in the last two years.

The game tonight is as big but the recognition is much bigger if NDSU wins. The recognition will last until March 19th or March 20th with tons of news stories that football can't bring.

IBleedYellow
03-12-2013, 03:35 PM

No.

The West Coast Conference gets to play in Vegas, aswell.

bisonsupporter
03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Let's hope the players know that Gatorade and hardwood don't mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YYzQYfMRiro

I would love to see Saul go down!

344Johnson
03-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Come on Bison! Winning this game could get the SHAC done. Get a shot at the Dance. Anything can happen once you get there.

Let Wolters have his points. Shut everyone else down.

NDSUstudent
03-12-2013, 04:00 PM
The Bison are 1 1/2 point favorites per LVH

O/U is 123 1/2

1998braves64
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM
http://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/conference-tournaments/summit-league-bracket/

HoopsBison
03-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Beautiful day here in Sioux Falls, so jacked for this game. The team is ready and fully knows whats ahead of them tonight and what its going to take to win it. Enjoy it tonight Bison fans, were going dancing!

68-62 Bison!

Mr. Burgundy
03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
No.

The West Coast Conference gets to play in Vegas, aswell.

Who are you rooting for tonight? Bison or the Jacks?

unbison
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM

Shit you can't even make it to Sioux Falls......what makes a person think you would make it to Vegas?

KSBisonFan
03-12-2013, 05:17 PM
http://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/conference-tournaments/summit-league-bracket/

Here's a different look at the matchup on the same site.....only gives us a 30% chance of winning???.

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/matchup/bison-jackrabbits-2013-03-12

westnodak93bison
03-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Shit you can't even make it to Sioux Falls......what makes a person think you would make it to Vegas?

Icy roads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MNLonghorn10
03-12-2013, 05:52 PM
I cant even make it to the BSA...Id go to vegas. no guarantee Id make it to the game there tho! :bong:

1998braves64
03-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Here's a different look at the matchup on the same site.....only gives us a 30% chance of winning???.

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/matchup/bison-jackrabbits-2013-03-12

That appears to be considering SDSU @ home... not neutral from what I can tell... could be wrong?

KSBisonFan
03-12-2013, 06:02 PM
That appears to be considering SDSU @ home... not neutral from what I can tell... could be wrong?

I thought that too but it says Sioux Falls for the game location and if you click on the game simulation it assumes a neutral court. Is anyone a subscriber who can do the simulation?? Looks pretty cool complete with stats and box scores.

The other thing that doesn't jive is in the 'bracketology' tab it lists NDSU as a 15 seed. Doesn't really matter til tomorrow I guess.
Can this day go any slower?

BisonAccountant44
03-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I thought that too but it says Sioux Falls for the game location and if you click on the game simulation it assumes a neutral court. Is anyone a subscriber who can do the simulation?? Looks pretty cool complete with stats and box scores.

The other thing that doesn't jive is in the 'bracketology' tab it lists NDSU as a 15 seed. Doesn't really matter til tomorrow I guess.
Can this day go any slower?

The simulation tells you that you need to subscribe to see the FG's made in each category and anything related to points, but gives you the number of total attempts, 3pt attempts, FT attempts, and shooting percentages for each. If you do the math, it show's us winning 66.21-60.53, so something isn't adding up with the 30% chance to win.

My best guess is that it's like that football website that runs 100 simulations and spits out win percentages and average scores for the teams from different years, and I just happened to get one of the 30 where we win.

pwbnd
03-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Haven't been to Chub's for a while. (like 12 years) Considering going tonight with some college buddies to watch the game. What's the TV situation there these days?

SlickVic
03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Savvy and Lakes are flying in some fly NDSU pimps for the game lets just say they know how to be a champion

unbison
03-12-2013, 06:49 PM
I cant even make it to the BSA...Id go to vegas. no guarantee Id make it to the game there tho! :bong:
Yeah life of a hockey fan

Hammerhead
03-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Sagarin has the teams essentially tied depending on which rating/predictor used, assuming it's treated as a neutral site. It should be an exciting game to the end.

The Bison are 1 1/2 point favorites per LVH

O/U is 123 1/2

THEsocalledfan
03-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Sagarin has the teams essentially tied depending on which rating/predictor used, assuming it's treated as a neutral site. It should be an exciting game to the end.

Home game for SDSU, no doubt. That crowd was jacked last night and they want to embarrass NDSU. After getting bitch slapped so bad in football, there is nothing they want more.

THEsocalledfan
03-12-2013, 07:13 PM
See the crap I have to put up with working in Sioux Falls? This is my office today (all those pieces of paper are Jacks stuff):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6T1VJXGwbsM/UT9vg8VwgnI/AAAAAAAACYQ/wsZaDJW46H8/w242-h182/IMG_20130312_130907.jpg

And here is my degree from NDSU:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-1nuPNYTwqFM/UT9vky1vpbI/AAAAAAAACYY/Au7XC9eeTho/w242-h182/IMG_20130312_130917.jpg

HoopsBison
03-12-2013, 07:14 PM
The meltdown at sioux falls and brookings would be epic! Maybe the Yotes can pull of the upset in the women and really made nice day for the good ol wabbit fans.

Go Bison!

NDSUstudent
03-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Need big games from Bjorklund and Tray tonight. Marshall needs to finish around the rim, he will have chances to score because with Braun the Jacks cannot defend him like they did in Brookings.

Really hope Brown can stay out of foul trouble, Wolters gets a lot of calls and on a true neutral court he could probably be a bit more physical vs him. I definitely think we can win this game, even if it is a Rabbit home game.

That game at Akron will be a big help, it put the team in the ESPN2 spotlight and the second time around will be easier. Time to cut down some nets tonight boys!

jack power
03-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Home game for SDSU, no doubt. That crowd was jacked last night and they want to embarrass NDSU. After getting bitch slapped so bad in football, there is nothing they want more.
Buttfootball

HoopsBison
03-12-2013, 07:29 PM
I also see the haters haven't been posting these past two days, jump on the bandwagon fellas, plenty of room and its lot more fun.

6 hours til dance time!

tjamz
03-12-2013, 07:31 PM

Frisco Cruiser roadtrip to vegas.... I'm in!

MN_BISON
03-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Buttfootball

Buttonemanshow.......
:bunnyb::D

tcbison
03-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Need big games from Bjorklund and Tray tonight. Marshall needs to finish around the rim, he will have chances to score because with Braun the Jacks cannot defend him like they did in Brookings.

Really hope Brown can stay out of foul trouble, Wolters gets a lot of calls and on a true neutral court he could probably be a bit more physical vs him. I definitely think we can win this game, even if it is a Rabbit home game.

That game at Akron will be a big help, it put the team in the ESPN2 spotlight and the second time around will be easier. Time to cut down some nets tonight boys!

I see what you did there. Nice reference to Saul Phillip's pregame speech in 2009.

KilldeerBison
03-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Buttfootball

ButtNationalChampionsFCSBackToBack

Fixed it for ya Jack.

tcbison
03-12-2013, 07:45 PM
NDSU has only given up 70 points 4 times this year and one was a OT win against Youngstown State. Odds favor scores in the 60s tonight. If we NDSU keeps the Jacks under 60 we got a good chance IMHO. It might not be pretty but just win baby!

NDSUstudent
03-12-2013, 07:47 PM
The last time these two teams played a postseason game in Sioux Falls, NDSU won 68-64. I think history will repeat itself tonight.

No NDSU-SDSU postseason men's basketball game has been decided by more than six points. From Gobison....

NDSU-SDSU Postseason Meetings
2/23/1980 - North Central Conference championship in Brookings (SDSU 79-75)
2/23/1982 - North Central Conference quarterfinals in Fargo (NDSU 75-74)
3/5/1993 - North Central Conference semifinals in Sioux Falls (NDSU 68-64)
3/9/1996 - NCAA Division II North Central Regional in Hays, Kan. (SDSU 94-88)

HoopsBison
03-12-2013, 07:48 PM
This is going to be fun tonight! Time to make new highlight video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtpSQJCRDks

KSBisonFan
03-12-2013, 08:00 PM

Bjorklund's decision making in the post is going to be a key. The Jacks are going to double down hard on him, especially when KB is on the same side of the court, and he needs to be quick with a strong move to the hoop or good pass to a cutter/shooter. Holding the ball too long and then dribbling out of the double team won't cut it tonight.

I don't expect Tray to match last nights shooting performance but Braun and LA should make up for it. Lastly, fouls will be huge......neither team has the depth to withstand foul trouble on their stars. Hate to say it but the refs will probably play a bigger role in the outcome than they should.

Professor Chaos
03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
This is going to be fun tonight! Time to make new highlight video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtpSQJCRDks
On that note, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to this in a few days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHJ0s8oRHI

MNLonghorn10
03-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Buttfootball

Damn straight

T-Funk
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
See the crap I have to put up with working in Sioux Falls? This is my office today (all those pieces of paper are Jacks stuff):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6T1VJXGwbsM/UT9vg8VwgnI/AAAAAAAACYQ/wsZaDJW46H8/w242-h182/IMG_20130312_130907.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-1nuPNYTwqFM/UT9vky1vpbI/AAAAAAAACYY/Au7XC9eeTho/w242-h182/IMG_20130312_130917.jpg

Office hacking?

SlickVic
03-12-2013, 08:38 PM
i wanna see natalie hit the floor 5 times in the first 2 minutes im talking about playoff fouls people...punish that fool every time he touches the painted area...also aaberg get that boy out there he can make a difference tonight no doubt about it i think that fool can guard dykstra better then bjorkland can and he ant afriad to mix it up who gives a f if he fouls out as long as there good clean shots ndsu needs to make this game a slug fest early and often its our only chance in my opinion

SDbison
03-12-2013, 08:41 PM

Ha Ha.....Jack fans in Sioux Falls are weak sauce. Really, how many times during a football or basketball season do they talk up their team or go to games? Now they think they dominate a men's sport. Funny stuff.
At my work there are dozens of SDSU grads and have not heard a peep out of them even though I have NDSU items on display in my office. But, win tonight and they will be visiting me tomorrow even though I never said anything to them.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Buttonemanshow.......
:bunnyb::D

ButtnomoreWoltersafterthisyear

TAILG8R
03-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Buttfootball

http://alexvermeer.com/wp-content/uploads/funny-picture-marine-machine-gun-crossbow-fail-420x360.jpg

ButtXXXXX comes after a poster's rebuttal includes something resembling an excuse. THEsocalledfan was just pointing out that bunny fans are hungry for blood, he was not saying "yeah but we are better at football".

"After getting bitch slapped so bad in football, there is nothing they want more."

jack power
03-12-2013, 08:57 PM
i wanna see natalie hit the floor 5 times in the first 2 minutes im talking about playoff fouls people...punish that fool every time he touches the painted area...also aaberg get that boy out there he can make a difference tonight no doubt about it i think that fool can guard dykstra better then bjorkland can and he ant afriad to mix it up who gives a f if he fouls out as long as there good clean shots ndsu needs to make this game a slug fest early and often its our only chance in my opinion
English major?

jack power
03-12-2013, 08:58 PM
http://alexvermeer.com/wp-content/uploads/funny-picture-marine-machine-gun-crossbow-fail-420x360.jpg

ButtXXXXX comes after a poster's rebuttal includes something resembling an excuse. THEsocalledfan was just pointing out that bunny fans are hungry for blood, he was not saying "yeah but we are better at football".

"After getting bitch slapped so bad in football, there is nothing they want more."
Thanks for the clarification

IndyBison
03-12-2013, 09:00 PM
The only SDSU grad I know in Indy is Adam Vinatieri he doesn't know my number or where I live. In fact he doesn't know I exist so I should be OK. I look forward to winning so I can talk smack to some friend who went to school at our round 1 opponent. I hope we don't get the play-in game in Dayton but if we do I may have to make the short trip over there next week.

SlickVic
03-12-2013, 09:04 PM
English major?

phd homey...my thesis was intitled go big go blue go home

unbison
03-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Ha Ha.....Jack fans in Sioux Falls are weak sauce. Really, how many times during a football or basketball season do they talk up their team or go to games? Now they think they dominate a men's sport. Funny stuff.
At my work there are dozens of SDSU grads and have not heard a peep out of them even though I have NDSU items on display in my office. But, win tonight and they will be visiting me tomorrow even though I never said anything to them.
Have not seen you at a game all year!

344Johnson
03-12-2013, 09:12 PM
phd homey...my thesis was intitled go big go blue go home

Hell year slick, let 'em hear it.

heckler
03-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Haven't been to Chub's for a while. (like 12 years) Considering going tonight with some college buddies to watch the game. What's the TV situation there these days?

They have flat screens. Always a fun time. We are headed there later.

TAILG8R
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the clarification

You're welcome

WYOBISONMAN
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Beer and pussy at the Grain Belt Bar..... ;)

SlickVic
03-12-2013, 09:35 PM

you stud (copyright izzyflexion LLC) this buds 4 u WYO ++++++++++++++++

bri-dog
03-12-2013, 09:46 PM

http://chelleshockk.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/cat_drinking_beer_watch_tv.jpg

ndsubison1
03-12-2013, 10:03 PM

Bjorklund will guard the ginger when he's in the game

MontBison
03-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Anyone in Vegas wanna watch this thing?

BisonNation11
03-12-2013, 10:15 PM

Hit up SamsRams. He's usually good for a party at the LVH.

GRAFTONBISON
03-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Pumped to watch this game unfold tonight. Here's to the refs not affecting the ultimate outcome of the game. :cheers:

May the best team win. 68-64 Bison!!!!

Bison bison
03-12-2013, 10:16 PM

We knew you'd be there, who's Beer?

MNLonghorn10
03-12-2013, 10:25 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/13/ytanutuv.jpg

Hando with a new authentic skyforce jersey

MontBison
03-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Hit up SamsRams. He's usually good for a party at the LVH.

Working.

10 rings

Bison 4 Life
03-12-2013, 10:45 PM
The only SDSU grad I know in Indy is Adam Vinatieri he doesn't know my number or where I live. In fact he doesn't know I exist so I should be OK. I look forward to winning so I can talk smack to some friend who went to school at our round 1 opponent. I hope we don't get the play-in game in Dayton but if we do I may have to make the short trip over there next week.

Holy crap. that would be GREAT. Selfishly speaking of course.

JMB
03-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Terry Vandrovec seems pretty confident...

"If the Jacks can approach their potential again at 8 tonight against No. 3 North Dakota State, they’ll be in the NCAA Division I tournament for the second straight season."

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130312/SPORTS0202/303120008/Second-half-surge-sends-SDSU-past-IPFW-into-Summit-finals

NDSUBowler
03-12-2013, 10:54 PM
No way NDSU or SDSU would be stuck in a play-in game. Seems pretty safe to pencil either in at a 14seed.

WYOBISONMAN
03-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Saul got the boys to the Summit finals......great to see. I hope we are moving towards a consistent appearance in this game. Hats off to the Men's BB program!

BisonAccountant44
03-12-2013, 11:28 PM

I am not opposed to this strategy at all. Nothing dirty, but let him know that he's not going to come into our lane for free.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

80ALUM
03-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Two friends of mine are SDSU grads. They had no idea it was conference tournament time, or that SDSU was playing in the championship and had never heard of Nate Wolters. LOL! They are going to Whioux hockey this weekend though.

IndyBison
03-12-2013, 11:38 PM
No way NDSU or SDSU would be stuck in a play-in game. Seems pretty safe to pencil either in at a 14seed.

It's not always playing for the 16 seed. I'm not sure how they decide but it has been playing in to the 12th seed a couple times. IIRC VCU was in the play-in game the year they made the Final Four.

IndyBison
03-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Holy crap. that would be GREAT. Selfishly speaking of course.

I'll meet you there if that happens. Indy is a regional host but I would be shocked if we got that far.

GRAFTONBISON
03-12-2013, 11:52 PM
It's not always playing for the 16 seed. I'm not sure how they decide but it has been playing in to the 12th seed a couple times. IIRC VCU was in the play-in game the year they made the Final Four.

There are now two 16 seed games and two 12 seeds every year. This has been the format since they expanded to 68 teams.

SamsRams
03-13-2013, 12:00 AM

where you plan on watching? thought I saw another BVer was in town........was it gotts??

I hope to sneak over to LVH to watch at least the second half. They got me covering some dumb city hall meeting at 545 but I dont plan to be there long!

NDSUBowler
03-13-2013, 12:02 AM
There are now two 16 seed games and two 12 seeds every year. This has been the format since they expanded to 68 teams.
This.

The 'last 4 in' for at-larges play each other in play-in games for the 12 seeds and the worst 4 teams in the tourney play each other for the 16 seeds

MNLonghorn10
03-13-2013, 12:13 AM
anyone watching the preview game between Mount Union and LIU Brooklyn? Does LIU Brooklyn have a 6 year old cheerleader?

westnodak93bison
03-13-2013, 12:16 AM
anyone watching the preview game between Mount Union and LIU Brooklyn? Does LIU Brooklyn have a 6 year old cheerleader?

Dude. Keep your sick thoughts to yourself!

MNLonghorn10
03-13-2013, 12:20 AM
What? im dead serious...unless its a midget

AjaxTheMighty
03-13-2013, 12:27 AM

The even better question is, will that game go into overtime and we miss the beginning of our game???

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 12:29 AM
where you plan on watching? thought I saw another BVer was in town........was it gotts??

I hope to sneak over to LVH to watch at least the second half. They got me covering some dumb city hall meeting at 545 but I dont plan to be there long!

Bisonfan1 is in Vegas. Looking for a watch party. Heading to the LVH.

aces1180
03-13-2013, 12:29 AM
The even better question is, will that game go into overtime and we miss the beginning of our game???

That happened in 2009...World Baseball Classic went into extra innings.

AjaxTheMighty
03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
That happened in 2009...World Baseball Classic went into extra innings.

Sheesh! I remember that now. I was thinking about the Championship football game where too! Almost forgot about that one!

aces1180
03-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Sheesh! I remember that now. I was thinking about the Championship football game where too! Almost forgot about that one!

Then they showed a bunch of EAS messages because of the flood. I was worried that I would miss the end.

bri-dog
03-13-2013, 12:38 AM

I've been watching trying to figure that out too. I'm hoping that with this much of a blowout there won't be a shitload of fouling at the end.

Probably won't happen, though...

jimmyptubas
03-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Espn would hold up the start of our game if the long island game runs late

KilldeerBison
03-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Here we go!!

jimmyptubas
03-13-2013, 12:57 AM
How much nate wolters coverage can we get?

I know he's good...i shouldn't complain.

MNLonghorn10
03-13-2013, 12:57 AM
wtf was that chick on UCONN doing?

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 01:02 AM
wtf was that chick on UCONN doing?This.

Just hold on to the damn thing and go to OT.

jimmyptubas
03-13-2013, 01:05 AM
did i see alcohol being served at a ncaa event?

jimmyptubas
03-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Clay Matvick! former twins sideline announcer.

Tatanka
Marshall law

couger71
did i see alcohol being served at a ncaa event?

Yes, alcohol is served. It is a Summit evernt not NCAA.

kab1one
03-13-2013, 01:09 AM
So how big is this for Saul to win and get to the big dance? I know he made it in 2009 but those were Miles recruit.

These are all his kids.

So I think this is huge for him and the program.

Nice compliments on the open for the Summit League.

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 01:11 AM
And it begins.

MNLonghorn10
solid start

Tatanka
BREATHE if you hate SDSU.

^^^^^^^^^^^^NICE SIGN

Still waiting to see the #3 HMD

heckler
03-13-2013, 01:14 AM
At least they are saying Bison correctly.

MNLonghorn10
03-13-2013, 01:15 AM
is this one of those games Felt shits his pants under the lights?

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Get some damn rebounds meow

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 01:19 AM
My oh my

CalBison97
Geezus here come our turnovers and scoring drought again.

Wally
Good gawd. Can we stay off the turnover train tonight??

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Nice feed to Kading off the double.

HerdBot
03-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Wow this is fun the small amount of bison fans are loud

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm not sure if our offensive style is going to be able to keep up with a team like this. They haven't even started bombing 3s yet.

IzzyFlexion
03-13-2013, 01:23 AM
too effing many turnovers.
they appear nervousness related.........all of em.

WYOBISONMAN
03-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Shots from the field not dropping

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 01:29 AM
Their offense is just so good.

We're playing good defense. They just better.

tcbison
03-13-2013, 01:29 AM
Really disappointed as to how the Bison are doing on the boards so far. Can't give the Jacks such easy points.

heckler
03-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Breathe wrong on Wolters and it's a foul.

Snowgoose
03-13-2013, 01:30 AM
I know Saul came from the Bo Ryan tree but Bo actually has good offensive sets, we do not.

CalBison97
03-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Our guys need to learn how to flail and throw arms up to sell the phantom fouls. Puke watching that

heckler
Really disappointed as to how the Bison are doing on the boards so far. Can't give the Jacks such easy points.

Box out dammit.

MNLonghorn10
oh yea SDSU...capital one cup scoreboard! :fight:

Wally

No doubt. 3 offensive boards for easy scores along with 4 turnovers are the difference so far

IzzyFlexion
the difference in overall composure is somewhat alarming.

Tatanka
Breathe wrong on Wolters and it's a foul.I think SD cut a fart in his living room a few miles to the north and Wolters was sent to the line.

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 01:32 AM
the difference in overall composure is somewhat alarming.Noticing this as well. Need to calm the f down.

Bison 4 Life
03-13-2013, 01:32 AM
I know Saul came from the Bo Ryan tree but Bo actually has good offensive sets, we do not.

This. Can anyone set a pick?

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 01:33 AM

I agree.

Look at the skillset of Braun, LA, Marshall, Felt, Trayvon.

Cam someone explain to me how we suck so bad on offense?

WYOBISONMAN
I think SD cut a fart in his living room a few miles to the north and Wolters was sent to the line.

Win or lose........that there is funny!

KilldeerBison
Offensive game plan? Dribble until 2 seconds before shot clock then wild shot or turnover?

Tatanka
WOW, well, if its not a foul on one end then its not a foul on the other end. STFU jack fans

MNLonghorn10
03-13-2013, 01:34 AM
i think the only player Clay Matvik hasn't mistakened Alexander for is mike felt

bisoningrandforks
03-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Hesitation.....will cause your worst fears to come true..(offense is not good)

silkamilkamonico
Those shots start dropping this game is over in a hurry

Tatanka
YES Taylor Braun.

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 01:36 AM
i think the only player Clay Matvik hasn't mistakened Alexander for is mike feltSo very true

Wally
03-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Braun is the answer.

TbonZach
03-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Those shots start dropping this game is over in a hurry

For NDSU it looks like they're playing the carny game where the hoop is slightly smaller than the ball.

BisonEngrGirl
Hesitation.....will cause your worst fears to come true..(offense is not good)

This. It seems like we have some opportunities under the basket but we hesitate and end up taking mid-range jumpers...which we miss.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Snowgoose
I believe the team is better with felt on the floor as they have no respect for browns offensive game and that clogs the middle of the lane. I don't care how good his defense is we need some frickin offense.

HerdBot
I get the sense fans are losing their energy. If we can go on a run now would be huge

KSBisonFan
Feels like we are playing 2 against 5. Does the area inside the 3 point line have a restraining order against Tray???

IzzyFlexion
03-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Braun is the answer.

gotta get a least one more guy to attach himself to the Braun brand of mojo in this one.

tcbison
03-13-2013, 01:38 AM
I love how aggressive Braun has been driving to the hoop. Need to see some of that from LA as well. Need to cut into this lead before half. Go BISON!

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 01:39 AM
I believe the team is better with felt on the floor as they have no respect for browns offensive game and that clogs the middle of the lane. I don't care how good his defense is we need some frickin offense.

Not going to beat this team in a track meet. Not many will.

Wally
03-13-2013, 01:39 AM
Another offensive board. Eff

ndsubison1
03-13-2013, 01:40 AM
Offensive rebounds absolutely killing us!

IzzyFlexion
1 Bison ft thus far...........................that aint good

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
WOW is Braun TAKING OVER this game.

aces1180
03-13-2013, 01:42 AM
Sneeze = foul

Snowgoose
Not going to beat this team in a track meet. Not many will.

I agree but Braun or LA can easily guard him as well. Spacing on offensive is so much better with felt out there

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
What is our foul total compared to theirs?

CalBison97
03-13-2013, 01:43 AM
Bjork and Tray invisible

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 01:44 AM
The fouls are 6 to 5.

Officiating hasn't been an issue.

tcbison
03-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Jordan Dickman is beating us more than Wolters is. Really pissed at giving up so many 2nd chance points.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 01:45 AM
What is our foul total compared to theirs?

WE have 6 they have 5.

Snowgoose
Officiating is just fine

aces1180
If Wolters had jizz on his face, would the announcers lick it off?

MNLonghorn10
OK ndsu...you may want to try a back door.

not jog to the lane, have bjorkland screen your guy...then jog to the 3 pt line.

this is the most lame offense ever.

JMB
We may be "Overhelping" on Wolters

Snowgoose
03-13-2013, 01:46 AM
We really need LA to start being aggressive on offense

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 01:46 AM
Our defense has been good. Around 30 points a half to an offense like SDSU is good. If Braun didn't come back from his injury we would probably have 10 points.

That's why Brown plays.

tcbison
03-13-2013, 01:47 AM
We really need LA to start being aggressive on offense

No doubt about it.

KilldeerBison
03-13-2013, 01:48 AM
How about some defensive rebounds?

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 01:48 AM
We may be "Overhelping" on Wolters

Agreed. If they start hitting some of these open 3's.....

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
03-13-2013, 01:49 AM
We need to rebound more. If we get better in defensive rebounding 2nd half we win the game.

heckler
Remember Sauls offensive philosophy: play D and the offense will come.

JMB
SDSU has been doing a good job on Bjorkland... Playing him really physical.

tcbison
03-13-2013, 01:50 AM
Feeling lucky only down 4 at half. Make adjustments at half and it could turn around. Let's do this!!!!

KilldeerBison
03-13-2013, 01:51 AM
Remember Sauls offensive philosophy: play D and the offense will come.

Stop SDSU's 2nd & 3rd shot attempts, get rebounds!

heckler
03-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Stop SDSU's 2nd & 3rd shot attempts, get rebounds!

True that. Second chance shots are killing us.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 01:53 AM
NDSU shooting 44%
SDSU shooting 43%

Fouls - NDSU(7) SDSU(5)

NDSU is 2/2 from the charity stripe
SDSU is 7/8

SDSU 16 rebounds
NDSU 9 rebounds

NDSU need to start rebounding. Everybody.

HerdBot
03-13-2013, 01:53 AM
This will be an epic finish. Gut feeling. So glad i went

westriver bison
03-13-2013, 01:56 AM
In addition to crashing the boards harder we need to attack the rim on offense. Doing a lot of standing around on offense waiting for something to happen.

CalBison97
03-13-2013, 01:57 AM
We need Tray

JMB
03-13-2013, 01:58 AM
NDSU shooting 44%
SDSU shooting 43%

Fouls - NDSU(7) SDSU(5)

NDSU is 2/2 from the charity stripe
SDSU is 7/8

SDSU 16 rebounds
NDSU 9 rebounds

NDSU need to start rebounding. Everybody.

Offensive Rebounds
SDSU 4
NDSU 2

SamsRams
03-13-2013, 02:00 AM
Bisonfan1 is in Vegas. Looking for a watch party. Heading to the LVH.

no sign of him. we in fan cave near superbook

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 02:02 AM
Bjorkland is getting absolutely molested in there. Which is fine if it's called consistently. So far there have been some head scratchers but nothing terrible. Bison need to execute better.

We'll see how the game changes in the second half. I still have nightmares from Frost Arena. All of a sudden in the second half the Jacks are in the bonus with 1400 left. The Bison didn't get into the bonus until 200 left. I'm worried the same thing happens tonight. Already the free throw count is a huge disparity.

Wally
03-13-2013, 02:05 AM
Shit start. Can't let this get away

aces1180
03-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Bjorkland is getting absolutely molested in there. Which is fine if it's called consistently. So far there have been some head scratchers but nothing terrible. Bison need to execute better.

We'll see how the game changes in the second half. I still have nightmares from Frost Arena. All of a sudden in the second half the Jacks are in the bonus with 1400 left. The Bison didn't get into the bonus until 200 left. I'm worried the same thing happens tonight. Already the free throw count is a huge disparity.

You don't say?

CalBison97
Saul's gotta ride the refs

Tatanka
:facepalm:

HerdBot
03-13-2013, 02:07 AM
Wow what a shit start

IzzyFlexion
03-13-2013, 02:07 AM
gee........guess I'm spoiled regarding halftime adjustments.

ndsubison1
03-13-2013, 02:08 AM
Settling for jump shots. Get to the rim

DIBISON
Not a good offensive start to the second half. The games going to be over if we don't put the ball in the basket.

silkamilkamonico
Really, really, really disappointed in Wright, Bjorklund, and LA.

Can someone please explain to them that ifthey lose this game their season for all intensive purposes is done..

westnodak93bison
Attack the f-ing basket!

Snowgoose
It is too hard to play 4 on 5 on offense as they don't even guard brown.

JMB
03-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Settling for jump shots. Get to the rim

Settling for crappy jump shots, falling away, off balance.

MNLonghorn10

Lets be real...the Bison aren't running any high percentage plays that'll get them to the FT line. Why would the Jacks foul if they know theyre going to dribble into the lane, then dribble right back out.

When the Jacks pass the ball...that guy actually does something with it.

silkamilkamonico

Will never understand this. Got to at least fight for your players. Saul just doesn't.

Tatanka
Really, really, really disappointed in Wright, Bjorklund, and LA.

Can someone please explain to them that ifthey lose this game their season for all intensive purposes is done..Not sure how you can be disappointed in Bjorklund. Seriously, not sure what he's supposed to do in there. watch him away from the ball. It's brutal.

Bison bison
03-13-2013, 02:10 AM
'all intents and purposes'

AjaxTheMighty
03-13-2013, 02:10 AM
SDSU is:

1.) out-rebounding us
2.) playing better defense
3.) getting open shots
4.) running an offense
5.) looking composed
6.) winning the turnover battle
7.) playing like they are going home if they lose

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Not sure how you can be disappointed in Bjorklund. Seriously, not sure what he's supposed to do in there. watch him away from the ball. It's brutal.

He needs to fight a little more for position. Dude is too soft in these games. There's a lazy foul by Bjorklund.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 02:12 AM
SDSU is:

1.) out-rebounding us
3.) getting open shots
4.) running an offense
5.) looking composed
7.) playing like they are going home if they lose

Couldn't agree more

CAS4127
03-13-2013, 02:13 AM
SDSU is just flat out better than us. Way better offensive scheme and they know how to play well with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowgoose
He needs to fight a little more for position. Dude is too soft in these games. There's a lazy foul by Bjorklund.

I tend to disagree as they don't pass it to him right after his cut as they pass it to him way too late and that is a lot of the times on braun

AjaxTheMighty
Now getting out of hand. SDSU is clearly the better basketball team. They look more mature and they appear to have the killer instinct. I don't see that with the Bison.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 02:14 AM
'all intents and purposes'

That too....

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 02:14 AM
I tend to disagree as they don't pass it to him right after his cut as they pass it to him way too late and that is a lot of the times on braun

Dude gets pushed around. Did against Western Illinois all 3 times this year. Refs let them play. You gotta toughen up in that case. just my opinion

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 02:16 AM
SDSU is:

1.) out-rebounding us
3.) getting open shots
4.) running an offense
5.) looking composed
7.) playing like they are going home if they losecan't disagree with any of this, and it makes me sad.

IzzyFlexion
LA just did something that he needs to do consistantly......If you're gonna go hard into the lane............finish. Either gonna score, get fouled, foul, turnover, dish, miss........but dammit finish!!!!.

Snowgoose
Dude gets pushed around. Did against Western Illinois all 3 times this year. Refs let them play. You gotta toughen up in that case. just my opinion

Last night against western we did a horrible job of passing to the post as it was way late and allowed the double to come over off of brown early. Braun was holding the ball way too long last night. If. U watch the nba it even happens to good post players there if you don't pass it when they initially post up

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 02:17 AM
Craig Bohl and the football team getting some love.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 02:19 AM
Well, saw this coming.

SDSU just too damn good.

AjaxTheMighty
SDSU has a lot of really open shots!

ndsubison1
We need stops!

Wally
03-13-2013, 02:21 AM
Fucking rebound!!!!!

westriver bison
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:GET a damn rebound:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Tatanka
Congrats SDSU. They're just better tonight.

DjKyRo
Jesus. SDSU up 11 pending a FT. We need to get our shit together.

BisonEngrGirl
This is embarrassing. So much for our ESPN national tv exposure.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

MNLonghorn10
03-13-2013, 02:22 AM
not lookin good.

ndsubison1
03-13-2013, 02:22 AM
We did not come to play. They're getting every loose ball. They're outworking us and making them. They're taking advantage of everything. Were settling for dumb shots

AjaxTheMighty
03-13-2013, 02:23 AM
I don't see the Bison coming back and winning this one. Bunnies know what they want. The Bison look lost.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 02:23 AM
Jesus. SDSU up 11 pending a FT. We need to get our shit together.

It's done.

SDSU is getting points so easy. We work so hard just to get a shot off.

Reminds me of watching different styles of football. Where some teams it seems like 7 yards is a cloud of dust, and with other teams 3 yards is like a mile.

KSBisonFan
03-13-2013, 02:24 AM
SDSU has a lot of really open shots!

That's what happens when you dribble penetrate and kick it back out......

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Watch Nagy. Dude doesn't do anything. They could run their offense in their sleep.

TbonZach
I'm watching with the volume on mute. I'm tired of listening to the announcers.

"Braun drives and makes the basket."

"WOLTERS FOR THE 3!!!ONE"
"WOLTERS WITH THE ASSIST TO DYKSTRA!!!!!"

WFBisonFan
He has no clue on how to...........

CalBison97
03-13-2013, 02:26 AM
Bisonvillers at the game, start the "Let's play foot-ball" chant.

Wally
This is maddening

Tatanka
Oh, mr. referee you must be mistaken. that can't be a foul. 32 white just doesn't do that.

AjaxTheMighty
03-13-2013, 02:27 AM
Is SDSU coached to flop? That's like 3 times tonight.

BisonTeacher
03-13-2013, 02:27 AM
It's done.

SDSU is getting points so easy. We work so hard just to get a shot off.

Reminds me of watching different styles of football. Where some teams it seems like 7 yards is a cloud of dust, and with other teams 3 yards is like a mile.

Thats because we are trying to play 1 on 1 basketball and sdsu is playing team basketball.

heckler
03-13-2013, 02:28 AM
He has no clue on how to...........

He has no clue period.

DIBISON
Cheap foul on Trayvon, on the bench with 4 fouls and 10 minutes to go.

silkamilkamonico
Bisonvillers at the game, start the "Let's play foot-ball" chant.

No, please don't.

WFBisonFan
03-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Has anyone ever figured out our objective on offense yet? Throughout the course of 2 + years now our offense resembles that of a junior high girls team. And, yes, we win ballgames, blah blah blah, yet.........when it comes down to games like this, we falter because we have no GAMEPLAN!

WFBisonFan
03-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Careful....I've brought this topic up many times before and all hell has broken loose.

He has no clue period.

Snowgoose
03-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Our offense struggles with brown on the floor as you can't play four on five I don't care what u try and do

ndsubison1
03-13-2013, 02:32 AM
This could easily be a one possession game. We need stops!!

IzzyFlexion
03-13-2013, 02:33 AM
LA back to the stripe.
Now going hard to the cup and creating opportunity!

WFBisonFan
03-13-2013, 02:34 AM
I swear to God I'll have a stroke if Sauly says anything in his postgame presser about the players needing to learn from this.........SAUL needs to learn from this.

NorthernBison
03-13-2013, 02:34 AM
The guys better bear down now. It could be their best chance to make the NCAA Tournament. Leave it all on the floor. No guarantees next season. Do it now.

IndyBison
03-13-2013, 02:35 AM
If you read this forum before the game you have the impression SDSU is Wolters only. The Bison have done a good job keeping him from going off tonight but everyone else is beating them (thanks to some great passing by Wolters). Too many second chance points and open shots. I've been impressed overall with the Jacks team. Still a small chance here for the Bison. This has been a much more fun game to watch than the first two and the coverage has been so much better.

aces1180
03-13-2013, 02:35 AM
Felllltttt!

Tatanka
03-13-2013, 02:37 AM
Getting interesting.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2013, 02:37 AM
Boys showing some Resiliency . Wolters is huge. Would love for these guys to make all my comments look foolish.